• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Make Lemonaid Out of Lemons...

If you have a pair of sunglasses with you, slip those on. When I was still working in an office, they saw me numerous times with my sunglasses on because the lights were giving me migraines. Got to the point of they knew if my sunglasses were in my bag, I wasn't going to be in the office that day. Depends on the stage...if I'm pre-vomiting I can usually get meds in and function. (I am squinting a bit around lights or going elsewhere...)Plus, I've learned 90% of my triggers and effects well. I can usually avoid triggers and do things to improve them and work my way out
janetupnorth
Gold Member
...or how to turn a migraine into a show...So, I wake up this a.m. with the worst headache... :yuck: ...ALMOST puked 3 times before I got to work.So, I go borrow 600 mg of Ibuprofen from a lady here and head down to get a regular coke (caffeine helps speed the meds to do what they need to)...At the soda machine are two girls who have order PC stuff from me ONCE...I walk up and say, "Hey, if either of you wants to do a catalog show this month, yell. If you collect $150 or more in orders you can get TWO ITEMS at 60% off. It is THE BEST host special I've seen yet."They both say, "I don't know where I'd hold a show." (Missing the word catalog - I already KNEW that would be the situation.)I said, "Anywhere, you just pass catalogs and collect orders."So, one is booked and the other is buying off her but still considering doing her own too...My head is still throbbing but I have a smile on my face. :D

Get the one to book off the other and the first one will get 4 items at 60% off!

wadesgirl said:
Get the one to book off the other and the first one will get 4 items at 60% off!

Very true - then they can buy from each other! :)

Janet~

Way to make a crappy morning better!
I pray that the meds help your headache. I can't imagine going to WORK feeling like that! You are one stubborn lady!

Ugh! I hate migraines! Hope you are feeling better soon - I'll add my prayers to Kelly's!

And WAY TO GO on the booking(s)!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

KellyTheChef said:
Janet~Way to make a crappy morning better!
I pray that the meds help your headache. I can't imagine going to WORK feeling like that! You are one stubborn lady!
I personally have to literally be puking before I miss work. I'm not one to take a day because I feel "iffy". ...just how I was raised...It's starting to die down a bit...trying to get some decent food in me because that will help too. I didn't eat much yesterday because I was at the dentist and insanely busy with meetings and missed lunch, but I made a triple batch of the Power Cooking Sloppy Joes last night...ate some, froze some. :DETA: Prayers much appreciated - thanks!

I couldn't go to work with a migrane. Mine are usually curl up in bed in a dark room with no noise and sleep it off! Hope it gets better for you.

wadesgirl said:
I couldn't go to work with a migrane. Mine are usually curl up in bed in a dark room with no noise and sleep it off! Hope it gets better for you.
Depends on the stage...if I'm pre-vomiting I can usually get meds in and function. (I am squinting a bit around lights or going elsewhere...)Plus, I've learned 90% of my triggers and effects well. I can usually avoid triggers and do things to improve them and work my way out. (That took quite a few years to figure out.)

janetupnorth said:
Depends on the stage...if I'm pre-vomiting I can usually get meds in and function. (I am squinting a bit around lights or going elsewhere...)

Plus, I've learned 90% of my triggers and effects well. I can usually avoid triggers and do things to improve them and work my way out. (That took quite a few years to figure out.)
I haven't had one in years but I never could figure out what triggers them. I know the signs right before I get one though! I remember having to drive home (25 minutes) from work one day because I had a really bad one. I got stuck at the stop sign a block from my house and couldn't get through the intersection because of the traffic. I was literally crying :cry: because it hurt so bad and I was so close to home but couldn't make it.

Way to go on the bookings!!! And I hope your migraine dies down soon. No fun.

janetupnorth said:
Depends on the stage...if I'm pre-vomiting I can usually get meds in and function. (I am squinting a bit around lights or going elsewhere...)

Plus, I've learned 90% of my triggers and effects well. I can usually avoid triggers and do things to improve them and work my way out. (That took quite a few years to figure out.)

If you have a pair of sunglasses with you, slip those on. When I was still working in an office, they saw me numerous times with my sunglasses on because the lights were giving me migraines. Got to the point of they knew if my sunglasses were on, watch out, I was short tempered from a headache. LOL

Wow!! Great job. Hope the migraine feels better. Those suck!

Hope the headache eases up real soon Janet. They are no fun at all and I suffer from headaches. Lately the barometric pressure headaches have been an issue and I am glasses on, glasses off during them. One minute they help another they don't.

Great on getting the booking though!

pamperedharriet said:
Hope the headache eases up real soon Janet. They are no fun at all and I suffer from headaches. Lately the barometric pressure headaches have been an issue and I am glasses on, glasses off during them. One minute they help another they don't.

Great on getting the booking though!

That's really what I think today's trigger was...a coworker that gets similar barometric pressure ones had one today too...it just started to proceed to a migraine due to other factors. (Diet was one!) The chocolate covered bananas I made and ate last night really did not help!

I'm glad you understood about barometric pressure headaches. Some people look at me like I am nuts when I tell them I have that type of headache as they never heard of it. People that have them are relieved to know someone else knows what they are dealing with. Yes, the good ole chocolate can make it worse unfortunately and I made the same mistake the other day having the chocolate--good while I was eating it but bad with the headache lurking to explode!

pamperedharriet said:
I'm glad you understood about barometric pressure headaches. Some people look at me like I am nuts when I tell them I have that type of headache as they never heard of it. People that have them are relieved to know someone else knows what they are dealing with. Yes, the good ole chocolate can make it worse unfortunately and I made the same mistake the other day having the chocolate--good while I was eating it but bad with the headache lurking to explode!

I've had those my entire life - dad too...when I was little (before I knew about a barometer) I used to think it was funny that I could predict rain or snow.

Now I know that it is tied to a fall in the barometer not necessarily the specific weather, but it makes them even more predictable.

The question remains of WHY it affects some people and not others - Dad and I had them - Mom and brother don't.

But yes, you have my sympathy on them!

Congrats on the show Janet! Hope you are feeling better soon.

Shucks! I got all excited for nothing. I thought someone was going to show us how to make lemonade from stratch. I always buy the mix at the store. :p

When I have a migraine, I can't think clearly, let alone think to book a show! Very impressive.Could your dental appointment have triggered your headache? Sometimes when I've had work done, I end up with a horrible headache - not sure if it's from having my mouth open wide for so long, or from them messing around in there. Just a thought.Feel better!

mama2emma said:
When I have a migraine, I can't think clearly, let alone think to book a show! Very impressive.

Could your dental appointment have triggered your headache? Sometimes when I've had work done, I end up with a horrible headache - not sure if it's from having my mouth open wide for so long, or from them messing around in there. Just a thought.

Feel better!

Not really - funny story of that is, I didn't eat before the dentist because I was stuck in meetings...went to the dentist to have drilling done, sat for 30-40 minutes only to be told he didn't have enough time to do my work and to make another appointment. I could have eaten then but frugal me didn't want to buy fast food. So, I drove, got my kids, got home (for me that is about 45 minutes - 1 hour) then helped DD with homework THEN cooked dinner...didn't eat for the day until about 7 p.m.

pamperedharriet said:
I TOTALLY GET THESE! I used to think I was losing my mind, and then I figured out why these headaches cropped up when the pressure rose and fell dramatically!

My migranes (gone now for 4 years) were allergy related! They suck!:yuck:

I'm the only one in my family who gets these types of headaches. My mom used to get tons of migraines and my sister gets them once in a while.

Sorry to hear that you are a sufferer too Meg.

Recipe
vtodd71 said:
Shucks! I got all excited for nothing. I thought someone was going to show us how to make lemonade from stratch. I always buy the mix at the store. :p

Lemonade from scratch

Lemon juice - as much as you like, I like alot
Water - as much as you need to dilute the lemon juice, thus making lemonade
Sugar - enough to sweeten the lemon water into lemonade...
TADA!!!!

It's great!!! LOL

I had horrible headaches during my pregnancy, around the time of my bed rest. I have never felt anything like that before. I had to lay down in my dark bedroom, and cry! It hurt so much. I haven't had them since. It was strange and my doctor never said anything about it.

Way to go Janet!! That's a great way to make yourself feel better. I have two shows booked next month, all because I asked and they said YES! It's an amazing concept!! lol

Even if I get this fundraiser together this month, I'll never close it by the 15th! :yuck: :cry: They haven't even met about it yet, not until NEXT Thursday!

Debbie :D

pamperedharriet said:
I'm the only one in my family who gets these types of headaches. My mom used to get tons of migraines and my sister gets them once in a while.

Sorry to hear that you are a sufferer too Meg.

at least the migraine aspect of the headaches is gone. I just carry Tylenol Sinus tablets with me all the time...it is the only OTC med I have found that works! Some days are just better than others, though, and when it is an ugly headache, I take to the couch and rest.....may not help, but it is the only excuse I have found that allows me to do that!:D

I just started using Tylenol Sinus tablets last month and yes they work better than some other things I have tried for these headaches--what a coincidence, Meg! Glad the migraine part of your headache is gone. I have a dull headache today.

Never tried those - will have to try. I usually take Aleve.

The headaches have been crazy around here. Several of my friends had them really badly this week, too. I had a couple rotten ones myself.

Advil migraine really helped me if I caught them early enough.

note on Tylenol Sinus--one usually works better for me than 2 at a time. I found the 2 too strong and I usually take 2 of the es ones. The weather is sure playing havoc with all of us it appears!

I get pretty bad headaches and have found that Midol works really well - between the muscle relaxer, the caffiene and all the other stuff for PMS symptoms, it usually takes care of most headaches! If Midol doesn't kick it, then I'm on to Zomig. Even finally got my FIL hooked on the Midol, although my MIL who had a hysterectomy a few years ago finds it really funny that she is NOW buying Midol!

Awesome Way To Work Your Business - And With A Migrane No Less - Hope Its Feeling Better And Great Job On Getting The Show!!

Another good recipe for Lemonade.

4-5 Lemons
1 cup sugar (or to taste)
Water

Use the Ultimate Mandolin to slice your lemons with the adj. blade attachment into the Family-size Quick Stir Pitcher. Add sugar. Let sit for about 20 minutes (you can omit this step it just requires more stirring...err, plunging). Add water to line on Pitcher and plunge to incorporate sugar.

I hope you find one of these recipes good enough to replace the powder. They may not be easier than the mix, but they are a whole lot tastier!

Janet that is so great ... get them to book off each other and tell them both when they see how simple it is that they can book off themselves and be a DOUBLE DIPPER ... because they'd be the current and past host that month!

Hope your headache goes away.......... awesome job getting bookings~~!!!

mommyhugz1978 said:
Hope your headache goes away.......... awesome job getting bookings~~!!!

Headache gone - yeah! But now I have to deal with lower back pain from going down a waterslide with my kids Friday night - UGH! :cry: (Didn't help that I went down 10 times!)

But that's expected...I have disc damage in my lower back from a car accident - either L4 or L5 - don't remember which and when I overdo something it flares up...time for a chiropractor and heat pad and I'll be back to normal. It's just not my week...

Related to How to Make Lemonaid Out of Lemons...

1. How do I make lemonade out of lemons?

To make lemonade, you will need lemons, sugar, and water. Squeeze the juice from the lemons and mix it with water and sugar to taste. You can also add in other ingredients like mint or berries for added flavor. Chill in the fridge and enjoy!

2. Can I turn a migraine into a show?

While we cannot guarantee that our products will cure a migraine, our customers have found relief by using our aromatherapy products and essential oils. We also offer a variety of kitchen tools and gadgets that can make meal prep easier and less stressful.

3. What can I do to ease a headache or migraine?

We recommend trying our cooling migraine gel, which contains natural ingredients like peppermint and lavender to help soothe headaches and tension. Our massage stones and neck wraps can also provide relief by targeting pressure points and promoting relaxation.

4. How can caffeine help with a headache?

Caffeine has been found to constrict blood vessels, which can help alleviate headaches and migraines. It can also help speed up the effects of pain relievers, making them more effective. However, it's important to remember to consume caffeine in moderation and to stay hydrated.

5. How can I host a Pampered Chef show?

Hosting a Pampered Chef show is easy and can be done in-person or through a catalog show. Our consultants can help you find a suitable location, such as your home or a friend's home, and provide you with catalogs and order forms. As a host, you can earn free or discounted products based on the total sales from your show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jillb
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
chef131doreen
  • cmdtrgd
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
  • Sheila