1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales How to get that final bump at the end of the month

1. amyscookinggear

amyscookinggear Member Gold Member

I'm like $175 dollars short of $2500 for 1/2 price conference. Now I know that I have a couple of outside orders coming for shows that I'm closing this week. I have two orders for my Mystery Host show that I'm suppose to be doing tomorrow but I don't think anyone is going to show up. I'm attempting to print flyers to give to neighbors so I can get a few more guests there.

What other ideas do you have to get those last few orders this month?

2. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

One thing to consider that while you are that close, half price conference will only save you $100. Make sure that you aren't spending too much out of pocket to get there!

Apr 26, 2009
  3. PCMelissa

PCMelissa Member Gold Member

send out an outlet email to all your past guests if you haven't done so in a while!

Apr 26, 2009
  4. amyscookinggear

amyscookinggear Member Gold Member

I'm not going to spend a dime of my money to get there. I did that in March and still missed my mark :(
    I'm planning on doing an outlet email. However, I've never gotten any orders from doing that. I'm thinking I might just sign up for Icontact and TT to see if that helps.

5. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

Make sure you go to TT first! Joy offers a special for signing up for iContact through her.

Apr 27, 2009
  6. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

What is i contact?

Apr 27, 2009
  7. VeronicaW

VeronicaW Advanced Member Gold Member

I also plan to send the outlet e-mails today too! My current Host is over $600, so any extra this month would be Fabulous!

Apr 27, 2009
  8. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

Go to Email Marketing & Surveying Software - iContact. It's an e-mail marketing service, holding white label partnerships with most of the most popular e-mail services. This means the e-mails won't be blocked or marked as spam, even though they're sent as a mass mailing. These services have rules and tips to keep you from actually sending spam. One feature is to have recipients approve receiving e-mails from you (you don't have to use this, but I like it because I know the people receiving my e-newsletters, etc, actually want them). Whether or not you use the opt-in, all e-mails provide an opt-out (or unsubscribe) option.

There are other services, too, such as Constant Contact. I trialed both Constant Contact and iContact. Some features I liked better with CC, but iContact makes it MUCH easier to use an already prepared newsletter, where Constant Contact pretty much makes you create your own by cutting and pasting segments - which don't always turn out as nicely as the original and is way too much work, in my opinion.

Also, with these services, you can see who opened the e-mails, who clicked on what links, what e-mails bounced back, and who unsubscribed. It is an extra (business) expense, so look into it, but really think about whether or not it's worth it to you to have these features, and how you'll use them to increase your business.

Apr 27, 2009
Have something to add?