• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stranger in a Strange Land: How to Make Friends in a New Area

In summary, the person is a stay-at-home mom who has just signed a consultant agreement with Pampered Chef. She is new to the area and is looking for ways to meet people and grow her business. Suggestions from others include hosting her own show and inviting people her husband works with, attending church and setting up a booth in the area, and reaching out to long distance friends for online catalog shows. The person also asks if it is allowed to post her party on a social website called meetup.com, and others suggest checking with HO first before doing so.
dme.grant
HELP!!! I just signed my consultant agreement yesterday and I have one catalog show lined up (with the mother-in-law) and a possible cooking show in a few weeks. I have just moved to a new area (courtesy of my husband being in the military) and I know one person in this area. Not kidding. I have only met one person so far. I need help with figuring out how to get to know people. I'm a stay at home mom with two under 4, so we don't have school, but my kids are about to start some activities, so I know I will meet people there, but where else? I'm not very good about going up to random strangers, but I may have to! LOL. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.:chef:

Re: Help!!!Host your own show and invite people your husband works with and other spouses. In my experience military and spouses LOVE Pampered Chef!!

Re: Help!!!Do you attend church? you can also look for a booth in your area.

Re: Help!!!One thing I did when I started was to call all my long distance friends. I got 3 of them to do catalog shows for me. They weren't huge, but every bit helped. So even though you've moved, get back in touch with everyone and let them know about your business and how they can do online shows. You can get your website as soon as you have your PC debit/credit card. You don't have to qualify first--that's just for wedding registries and individual orders.

Re: Help!!!Thank you all so much. I do have one another question for you though. I talked to my friend who is on the fence about holding a cooking show in a few weeks. She was asking if she can put out her party on a website called meetup.com
Is that allowed? It's like a social website, where people from all around your area can get together and meet new people. I think that would be a great way for her to get more people to come, but I don't want to break any rules.
Thanks!!
Dawn

Re: Help!!!I think we're still all a little iffy about the exact details of the new online rules. I would suggest contacting the HO with your question, dme.grant.

Re: Help!!!
dme.grant said:
Thank you all so much. I do have one another question for you though. I talked to my friend who is on the fence about holding a cooking show in a few weeks. She was asking if she can put out her party on a website called meetup.com
Is that allowed? It's like a social website, where people from all around your area can get together and meet new people. I think that would be a great way for her to get more people to come, but I don't want to break any rules.
Thanks!!
Dawn

You probably can but I'd check for sure. When they introduced FB at conference they referred to all social media and mentioned a few others like MySpace but concentrated on FB because it's the largest. One thing they definitely require is that you refer to yourself as "Independent Consultant for The Pampered Chef". The big thing is to not give the impression that you are Pampered Chef. Please don't take my post as it's okay to post on that site. Check with HO first.

Hello there! Congratulations on becoming a Pampered Chef consultant and also on your recent move to a new area. I know it can be tough starting fresh in a new place, especially when you don't know many people. But don't worry, there are plenty of ways to make new friends in your new community.First of all, take advantage of your catalog show and cooking show to meet new people. These events are great opportunities to connect with potential customers and also make new friends. Make sure to be friendly, approachable, and don't be afraid to strike up a conversation with guests at your shows.Another great way to meet people is through your kids' activities. Whether it's a playgroup, sports team, or music class, these are all great places to meet other parents and make new connections. Don't be shy about introducing yourself and getting to know others.You can also look into local community groups or organizations that align with your interests. This could be a book club, a volunteer group, or even a cooking class. These are all great ways to meet people who share similar interests as you.Lastly, don't underestimate the power of social media. Join local Facebook groups or online forums for your new area. You can also reach out to other Pampered Chef consultants in your area and see if they have any advice or are interested in collaborating on events.Remember, making new friends takes time, so don't get discouraged if it doesn't happen overnight. Just be yourself, be open to new experiences, and I'm sure you'll make plenty of new friends in no time. Best of luck to you and your family in your new home!

1. How do I make friends in a new area?

Making friends in a new area can seem daunting, but the key is to put yourself out there and be open to new experiences. Join local groups or clubs, attend community events, and strike up conversations with people you meet. Also, don't be afraid to reach out to acquaintances or coworkers and ask them to hang out.

2. How can I overcome feeling like a stranger in a new place?

It's natural to feel like an outsider when you first move to a new area. One way to overcome this feeling is to get involved in the community. Attend local events, volunteer, or join a sports team or hobby group. This will help you meet new people and become more familiar with your surroundings.

3. What are some ways to make friends as an adult in a new area?

Making friends as an adult can be challenging, but it's not impossible. Consider joining a book club, taking a class, or attending networking events to meet people with similar interests. You can also try using social media or meetup groups to connect with others in your area.

4. How do I approach someone and make friends without feeling awkward?

Approaching someone and starting a conversation can be nerve-wracking, but remember that most people are open to making new friends. Start with a simple greeting and try to find common ground by asking about their interests or sharing something about yourself. Remember to be genuine and friendly, and don't worry about being perfect.

5. How long does it take to make friends in a new area?

Making friends takes time and effort, so don't get discouraged if it doesn't happen right away. It can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months to build meaningful friendships. Just keep putting yourself out there and being open to new connections, and you'll eventually find your tribe in your new area.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bbauman07
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
priscilla
  • Kevin Ranoldo
  • Bookings, Sales, Shows, Booths etc
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies