• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I make the most out of a small party turnout?

In summary, my sister's party tonight only has two guests attending, and they are both my sister's friends. The party is stressful for the hostess because she only has three outside orders. The hope is that one of the guests will order something worth over $100. The best thing to do is to have a positive attitude and hope for the best.
PamperedinAvon
My sister is hosting a party tonight and only two people are attending! :rolleyes: She offered to cancel, but I didn't think that was the right thing to do. She only got three outside orders. At this point, I'm hoping it manages to qualify! :( Any suggestions or words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated! I'm kind of dreading it--the only thing that might make the night worth it is if I get at least one booking. :yuck: :cry:

Divide up the products and do a hands-on demo. Get them involved and it won't be so stressful for you. This is what I do with every party with under 5 people attending. Good luck!

Take courage in knowing that it happens to all of us. I learned a lesson early on to have a positive attitude no matter how many are at the show. One show I had had 3 guests, and 1 of the guests ordered $750 in cookware. You just never know how it will turn out. My show last week had just 1 guest (the hostess's mother) but it gave me a chance to re-connect with friends. When I first started my business, I handed it over to my Lord, and promised that I would do what I know to do, and leave the rest to Him. I host coach and encourage my hostesses, and then leave it in His hands, trusting him to be the "CEO" of my business. Low attendance shows to happen, and I think it is God's way of keeping me humble.

I agree. You never what the outcome will be. I have had large crowds with low sales and then small group with high sales.

Make them work for you!!I strongly encourage you to make these two guests work for you. Give them a small incentive to gather one outside order each to increase your sister's sales!
Then encourage them to book a show and earn the great cookware host special!!

Hope it works out!!

Debbie :D

Since it's your sister, try to get some outside orders for her. It will benefit both of you.

I did a show for my cousin it was my 2nd show. Only 3 people showed so I let everyone get involve and do the demo. It was a success b/c she ended up with a $300 show plus $100 in outside orders and 1 booking. Good Luck!

The best thing to do is not let this be a downer for you. Try to learn one good thing and incorporate this idea in your future shows. Maybe it is host coaching a little more or maybe you send out the invites for your hosts etc. Hang in there things are going to get better for you. :)

I do the same show for 2 as I do for 20 and sometimes they are more fun. If nothing else it's good practice!

Thanks, everyone! That's why I posted--I knew you would all have the answers. I was all pumped thanks to your replies, and she just canceled! I think it has something to do with the Colts kick off tonight. Poor planning on our part. We hope to do it some other time when she can have a better turn out and awesome party! =)

my last show consisted on the host and her neighbor. I signed them both!And more than likely one will be signing her own daughter. Was it worth it? Heck yeah! I'll take that show just as easily as I would one over $1k. Have a positive attitude, and do it! You never know who/where will be your next recruit or booking that leads to big shows! Good luck!

I had a show that didn't even make $150. I encouraged the host to take some catalogs to her husband's work (He came back with $650 in sales!!!).My last show as ME a host, I only had 3 guests. All 3 guests booked a show AND I got 3 bookings outside of my party. My consultant gave me the incentive of 3 bookings= 1 free stone of my choice when the 3rd show was held and booked. It worked I ended up with 6 bookings. It actually made me think I could do PS. I signed a month later, and my consultant gave me the 3 shows that hadn't occurred, as my first 3 shows.Give all your guests the incentive to bring, call-in outside orders.

Hang in there, you never know what will come of it...

I recently drove 3 hours one way to do a show that the host had to add to in order to hit $150. But I got 4 bookings off of it! Now if I can only recruit over there to save myself from that drive :)

Related to How can I make the most out of a small party turnout?

1. How can I encourage my family to eat healthier meals?

One simple way to encourage your family to eat healthier meals is by involving them in the meal planning and preparation process. Ask for their input on what ingredients they would like to include in the meals and let them help with tasks such as chopping vegetables or mixing ingredients. This will make them feel more invested in the meal and more likely to eat it.

2. I need some new ideas for quick and easy weeknight dinners. Can you help?

Absolutely! One idea is to create a weekly meal schedule where you assign a theme to each night, such as Meatless Monday or Taco Tuesday. This will make meal planning easier and give you a variety of options to choose from. You can also try batch cooking on the weekends to have meals ready to reheat during the busy work week.

3. My kids are picky eaters. How can I encourage them to try new foods?

One effective way to encourage picky eaters to try new foods is by making it fun. Get creative with presentation by arranging the food in a fun pattern or using cookie cutters to make shapes. You can also involve them in the cooking process so they feel more connected to the food and are more likely to try it.

4. I struggle with staying motivated to cook after a long day at work. Any tips?

One tip is to meal prep on the weekends or on your day off. This way, you have meals ready to go when you come home from work and won't have to spend as much time in the kitchen. You can also try setting a goal for yourself, such as learning a new recipe each week or cooking a certain number of meals at home.

5. How can I incorporate more vegetables into my meals?

One simple way to incorporate more vegetables into your meals is by adding them to dishes you already enjoy. For example, you can add spinach to your pasta sauce or shredded carrots to your meatloaf. You can also try new cooking methods, such as roasting vegetables, to bring out their natural flavors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chickey
  • Kevin Ranoldo
  • Bookings, Sales, Shows, Booths etc
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • crystalscookingnow
  • Pampered Chef Sales
2 3