• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Know It Shouldn't Bother Me, but One of the Girls at Work Just

me. I think she even used one of my books to collect orders.Anyway, it still bugs me that she never asked me.
Tropicalburstqt2
Gold Member
I know it shouldn't bother me, but one of the girls at work just hosted a PC through her mom, a new consultant & it was a $1000+ show where practically everyone we work with worked $60+ yet they've never ordered from me before. I'm pretty sure she even used one of my books I had laying in our workroom to collect orders. Nevertheless, it bugs me! :cry:

Re: rant!You have to let it go Amy. You have to remember there are no territories in PC and there is no telling who is related to whom so you could not control this. As is so often here, Bless and release! I would suggest instigating a party next month of your own or see if someone wants to do one for you. This way you have an actual party going rather than just letting a catalog or two laying around. I worked with 100 plus people and unless I pushed it, I never got orders from just letting catties lay around, I had to "push" a party for someone at work. I would ask someone if I could use their name, and yes, I gave them the party, if it panned out and in most cases it did, but I did the work. I collected the orders, money and made sure I got that party. Otherwise it never worked. Give that a try and see what happens. I think you will find that you need leg work to make it happen.

Re: rant!It would bug me. I had something close to the same thing happen to me recently. I hosted a show for a past host in May. Her only guest was her next door neighbor that booked off her last show that she had. She said she'd do a show but the next month didn't work for her. I'd been leaving messages to see when would work. In the middle of August I finally got a hold of her & she tells me thanks for asking but I just hosted one a week ago. I wanted to yell, What??? She says her friend needed a booking. I wanted to yell, so did your next door neighbor/and so did I. But, I didn't I said. Okay. Bless & release. We live within 10 minutes of each other. I saw her once since that call. It was awkward. It did hurt my feelings though.

Re: rant!Isn't it nice to have a place like this where you can come rant, everyone will understand, and you feel better for getting it off your chest? :)

Re: rant!
NooraK said:
Isn't it nice to have a place like this where you can come rant, everyone will understand, and you feel better for getting it off your chest? :)

Amen to that! Ranting to the DH just makes him irritated and say that I should just "quit". LOL Maybe I should do that to him when he comes home from work ranting about his boss (which is about 4 days a week)..."Honey- maybe you should just quit." He'd look at me like I had my head screwed on backwards. :D

Re: rant!I think soemthing like that happens to us all. People can be utterly clueless. You've handled this with class, which will help you to move on quickly to the business that's waiting out there for you.

Last edited:
Re: rant!There's a positive to this situation.... now that a lot of the girls from work have saw the products in person & have actively looked at the catty, they may want to purchase items from me that they didn't get the day of her party. I've actually already found this to be the case because one of the girls told me she's ordering a few things soon. :)

Re: rant!I feel your pain, I really do. I'd be one angry bee-otch if that happened to me. But, since I'm on the outside it's much easier for me to say this: Look at it this way -- Did you actually honestly ask anyone at your work to place an order through you or to have a party for you? Your coworker's mom probably asked your coworker to have the party, and your coworker probably asked the coworkers to attend or to place orders, and that's why they did.Until we ask, the answer is always no.

Re: rant!One of the girls(jess) I work with was doing a catalog show for with me right before the girl who hosted the party even set the date for hers. When jess asked some of the people we work with if they wanted to order anything, the girl chimed in and said, "I'm having a show soon with my mom". So no one from work bought from me. Oh well.

Re: rant!I had a relative host a bridal shower for another relative a few months after I started. Talk about hurt. I used it as a learning lesson. It was awkward for everyone but my cuz had already committed to the show with the other consultant prior to me signing and felt she needed to stay with her.

1. Why do I feel bothered by one of the girls at work?

It's natural to feel bothered by someone at work, especially if their behavior or actions affect you in some way. It could be a clash of personalities, differences in work style, or even past experiences that are triggering your emotions.

2. How can I stop feeling bothered by this person?

First, try to identify the root cause of your feelings towards this person. Once you understand why you feel bothered, you can work on finding ways to cope with those emotions. This could include setting boundaries, talking to a trusted colleague or manager, or practicing mindfulness techniques.

3. What if I have to work closely with this person?

If you have to work closely with this person, it's important to maintain a professional attitude and communicate effectively. Try to focus on the task at hand and keep personal feelings aside. If necessary, have a conversation with the person to address any concerns or conflicts in a calm and respectful manner.

4. How can I prevent this situation from affecting my work performance?

If you find that your feelings towards this person are affecting your work performance, it's important to address the issue. You can try talking to your manager or HR representative for support and guidance. It may also be helpful to find ways to reduce stress and anxiety, such as taking breaks or practicing self-care.

5. Is it normal to feel guilty for being bothered by someone at work?

It's normal to feel guilty for being bothered by someone at work, as we are often taught to be polite and get along with others. However, it's important to acknowledge and validate your feelings. It's okay to not get along with everyone, and it's important to prioritize your mental well-being in the workplace.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • janetupnorth
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies