• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you thought about writing your own newsletter?

well, nothing. Thanks for the advice!I use Erika Soelberg: [email protected]. She only charges $5 a month and gives all kinds of tips/recipes along with specials.Thanks for the recommendation!I have tried services but comments from my customers tell me they prefer the more personal touch when I write my own so currently I'm doing that.I try to keep it short and sweet - people don't read anything if it's too long. I say something about the season or month and then give any important news, the specials and a recipe. Sometimes I add pictures and sometimes I add...well, nothing.
PamperedNotPerfect08
Does anyone write their own newsletter? Or does everyone use one of the services? I had a subscription to one of them for a while and I just wasn't that impressed. I've been reading and investigating MailChimp, but it seems quite daunting! If you do write your own newsletter, what do you put in it? Where do you get your material? Do you write it in Word (or something) and then upload it to MailChimp? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!:)

Not sure which service you subscribed to previously, but I use Tasty Tidbits (Joy is on CS, too) and I've really enjoyed it...and I always get nice comments from my customers, too. :)

You might take a look at my newsletter. Just write Me at [email protected] and request a copy of the May edition.

I do my own through iContact! My step-sister sold PC in the 90's and I absolutely hated to get her newsletters because it would literally take 20 min's or more to read the entire thing. It was too much information!!! I opted to do my own, because I can't stand to have "too much" info in my newsletters. I have 2 columns, a thin one down the left that has clickable links to all the host/guest specials and clickable links to the various consultant incentives, kit, etc. Then in the larger right column, I have a "recipe of the month" at the top. Then any important info below that. March's newsletter had photos of the new products with clickable links that took them to my web page to look at the item in more detail. April's had a Trifle Bowl "package" special where they could order the trifle bowl with a cookbook & other items as a set. May will have all the HWC items. Below that section, I have info about my upcoming PCS move (since most of my customers are military). Then below that I have a section on mailing restrictions to Okinawa. It's SUPER short & sweet! Plus, by using iContact, I can go look to see who's clicking on what links. ;)

I do my own. It's simple, but I'd be glad to send you a copy if you like.

I have been considering doing mine as well. MailChimp has templates to use that would make it pretty easy. I created a Mother's Day Special flyer that I created using mailchimp. I just copy & pasted stuff from the website, and tweaked it. It was pretty easy

raebates said:
I do my own. It's simple, but I'd be glad to send you a copy if you like.
I would love to see it! Could you email it to me [email protected]? Thank you!

sklay723 said:
Not sure which service you subscribed to previously, but I use Tasty Tidbits (Joy is on CS, too) and I've really enjoyed it...and I always get nice comments from my customers, too. :)

Do you have a link to this site?
Nan

http://www.tastytidbits.net/main/testdrive.htm

I use Tasty Tidbits in conjunction with IContact! Love how they work together so well!

How do you use TT with IC? I am thinking about signing up for this but don't know which one to do first?

What is the process?

wadesgirl said:
I use Tasty Tidbits in conjunction with IContact! Love how they work together so well!

Me too.

You don't have to use Joy's pre-fab newsletters either if you think they're too long. You can build your own from her components. You can load everything right into iContact from Tasty Tidbits website. It's SOOOOOOO easy and well worth the expense.

quimbychic said:
How do you use TT with IC? I am thinking about signing up for this but don't know which one to do first?

What is the process?

Sign up for iContact through the link on Tasty Tidbits and Joy will give you a free TT subscription.

Thanks Deb!

I use Erika Soelberg: [email protected]. She only charges $5 a month and gives all kinds of tips/recipes along with specials.

I don't know what all these services are (mail chimp, icontact, etc) but I use Joy's newsletter when I can.

Sometimes I write my own. No fancy pictures or logos, but I do use pretty colors, smileys and fonts. I type it all into my Yahoo mail and send. Can you tell I write for a living?

I have tried services but comments from my customers tell me they prefer the more personal touch when I write my own so currently I'm doing that.

I try to keep it short and sweet - people don't read anything if it's too long. I say something about the season or month and then give any important news, the specials and a recipe. Sometimes I add pictures and sometimes I add an attachment.

BethCooks4U said:
I have tried services but comments from my customers tell me they prefer the more personal touch when I write my own so currently I'm doing that.I try to keep it short and sweet - people don't read anything if it's too long. I say something about the season or month and then give any important news, the specials and a recipe. Sometimes I add pictures and sometimes I add an attachment.
Beth, could you send me an email with what you send?I've used TT, and currently am using Myemaildesign, but I also am finding that people respond better to short, more personal emails. I'd like to see what you're doing. :) While they both do a great job, their wording just doesn't sound like ME.
[email protected].

ChefBeckyD said:
Beth, could you send me an email with what you send?

I've used TT, and currently am using Myemaildesign, but I also am finding that people respond better to short, more personal emails. I'd like to see what you're doing. :) While they both do a great job, their wording just doesn't sound like ME.
[email protected].

I just sent it to you.

Beth- would you send me a copy of your newsletter too? I'm like Becky. I use MyEmailDesigns, but I end up editing it to make it more "me" and have more tips/recipes. I don't like my newsletter to be all "sales" pitch and little 'value'.[email protected]Thanks!!

1. How do I come up with ideas for my newsletter?

One way to come up with ideas is to think about your audience and what they would be interested in reading. You can also look at popular topics in your industry or ask for suggestions from your subscribers.

2. How often should I send out my newsletter?

This will depend on your audience and the amount of content you have to share. It's generally recommended to send out newsletters at least once a month to stay relevant and engaged with your subscribers.

3. What should I include in my newsletter?

Your newsletter should include a mix of promotional content, valuable information or tips, and engaging visuals. You can also include updates on your business, customer testimonials, and upcoming events.

4. How do I design a visually appealing newsletter?

Use a clean and simple layout with easy-to-read fonts and colors. Include high-quality images and graphics that are relevant to your content. You can also use templates or hire a professional designer for a more polished look.

5. How can I increase engagement with my newsletter?

Include interactive elements such as polls, surveys, or links to your social media platforms. Encourage your subscribers to share and forward your newsletter. You can also offer exclusive discounts or promotions for newsletter subscribers to incentivize them to stay engaged.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefkacey
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
Humble Beginnings
  • NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
PampChefJoy
  • pamperedlinda