• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which Newsletter Subscription Do You Use or Your Own and Why?

In summary, the most bang for your buck is probably "What's Cookin In The Kitchen" by Erika Soelbery from Chefmomof&@cableone.net.
chefkacey
hi i want to start sending a newsletter ( ihsve been writing a group email up till now but i think newsletter is more professional looking).. i have heard of by request. i requested to see a sample a month ago and have not heard back. then iread on here about tasty tidbits.. which one do you use and why? if i make my own newsletter, what info do you include in it? thanks

I use Tasty Tidbits. It looks professional, and best of all, I don't have to be creative - she does it for me!! My customers always compliment on how the newsletter isn't too wordy but still gets the information across. Plus, all my information is already in it - I just have to hit "forward".

I use the Customer Connection emails on our Personal Websites. I don't see the point in paying extra or taking the time to do it myself when I pay for the website and it's already done for me! It's professional looking, I can add my own text at the bottom, and everything that I would include in a newsletter is featured on my website, so it's a great way to get people to actually VISIT my website, which is the whole point, right? Anyway, that's what I use.

customer and consultant newslettersI've been using constant contact for my newsletters to my
customers and my consultants. I love the professional look and that I can put links on my pictures and write personal things such as Birthdays of the month and Host Hall of Fame.
It is very time consuming and somewhat costly. this has been
a great way to keep in contact with my customers and consultants.
They love it.
Which of the newsletters that I've been seeing all of you talk about
would give me the most bang for the buck so to speak?
I saw one person post that she loved www.pamperednews.com
I can't seem to find it.
Tasty Tid bits is full except for her limited service. I liked the look
of My Consultant...
Could someone send me a copy of their newsletter from the pamperednews?

Thanks.
I'm brand new today so this is all new to me.
RebeccaJ

I like the looks of "What's Cookin In The Kitchen" by Erika Soelbery Chefmomof&@cableone.net

But, I have emailed her several times, called her several times and she never calls or emails me back. Happy to forward you her June edition. I still recieve them from my director. Let me know if you would like to see one. They are more the lady next door type, lots of smileys and such.

Carol

Professional Looking NewsletterI love my newsletter subscription.... it is very professional and my customers really like and look forward to it....

I don't have time to create one and I don't want to.

I like having links to my website included and ... well for $2.00 per month - it is well worth it.

MyEmailDesigns.com ~ you can have a sample sent to you.

Tell Mike - Gina sent ya :p

Tasty Tidbits for me! It's well done, I don't have to worry about typos, bad spelling, or grammatical errors, I can customize it any way I want, and it links back to my website all through the newsletter.

I don't think the customer connection on our website is a good option, because VERY often, it doesn't make it past peoples ISP's, or gets put in junk mail folders, and never read.

I second, third and fourth Tasty Tidbits! Dealing with Joy is an absolute breeze and she makes me look SO good. Her prices are awesome and so is the quality of the work. I also love that she has so many options! I plan on using a higher level of her services as soon as I can budget into my business budget!

I use the same service as Gina. I like it and he's started putting out a mid-month supplement. I like that I can remove parts I don't want and add in things I want to. All my contact stuff is already on there, with links and pictures... I like it. Very professional, offers a recipe, host and guest specials and things coming up.

I use myemaildesigns.com - Mike does great work and I have had a good response from the newsletters. He also links everything to our webiste and allows us to track who opens the email, who does not, and who clicks which links. I like it, it is reasonably priced and works for me!

I am one of the rare ones who haven't had any problems with 123byrequest. I love their newsletter and get lots of compliments on it.

wadesgirl said:
I am one of the rare ones who haven't had any problems with 123byrequest. I love their newsletter and get lots of compliments on it.
I sure hope you didn't just jinx yourself!

I use Erika Soelberg as well and love her. I have never had a problem! :chef:

erinyourpclady said:
I second, third and fourth Tasty Tidbits! Dealing with Joy is an absolute breeze and she makes me look SO good. Her prices are awesome and so is the quality of the work. I also love that she has so many options! I plan on using a higher level of her services as soon as I can budget into my business budget!

I'm in agreement with Tasty Tidbits. Joy is wonderful & always does good work.

I currently use the exec. chef plus option & I LOVE :love: being able to see who is opening & using my newsletter. Makes me feel better! LOL!! :)

pamperedlinda said:
I sure hope you didn't just jinx yourself!
It's when you say you hope you didn't jinx yourself that it happens! So far so good though. I'll have to see when my subscription is up, I might compare some of the other newsletters just in case.

I use 123byRequest as well and have for about 2 years now. I have never had any problems with Stephenie's newsletter. My customers enjoy getting it as much as I have fun sending it. :)

I also use icontact as a tracking system to see who is opening them and what they are clicking on. It is also nice to see how many times they are clicking also!

I still wish HO could track this for us on our websites better. I know they say it wouldn't be reliable enough, but if they could just give us something...it would be nice.

I use Constant Contact. I love the fact that I can track who opened the emails. I can also direct link them to my pws & see who visited. It is easy to use & professional looking. I really like it.

I do not subscribe to any. I get them off here and adjust them to my info. I have all my contacts in my Outlook. I copy and paste the newsletter into the body of an email to send it.

One of my "why's" is b/c I am cheap! And there are some great ones on here.

I had been creating my own (and borrowing bits and pieces from here). The last couple of months, I had used the PWS customer connection, sending it to myself, and then adding a paragraph or two and sending it to my customers.

I just signed up for Tasty Tidbits today, and am looking forward to getting the first one.

I use Tasty Tidbits and LOVE IT!!! Love it, love it!!

as far as why I use Tasty Tidbits, I don't have the patience to do my own and joy's is nice, professional and gives all the info :)

I just signed up with Tasty Tidbits & have to say I LOVE it!! It's so professional looking & I can easily edit it should I want to. And the price is great!

lkprescott said:
I use the same service as Gina.

I like it and he's started putting out a mid-month supplement.

I like that I can remove parts I don't want and add in things I want to. All my contact stuff is already on there, with links and pictures... I like it. Very professional, offers a recipe, host and guest specials and things coming up.

OOOOOOHHH!! I forgot to mention the new Mid Month PC Nibbles - a one page monthly overview - no additional cost. you can also sign up and use iContact for an additional fee to send and track your newsletter viewers.

Well worth the $2.00 per month. Mike's sister is (was?)a PC Consultant and he does a great job.

I use Joy's Tasty Tidbits as well!! My customers LOVE to see who the highest hostess was for the month!!

I, too, enjoy using Joy's Tasty Tidbits.

Gina, is there a way for you to email me your newsletter so I can see what my customers would see?? It sounds great as I don't get much response (if any) from my newsletters.

[email protected]

if she can't right now, I can send you mine... I love Mike's work and have used it for 1 1/2 years. I get good responses. I just switched to iContact for sending and I LOVE IT!

Thanks Diane. I'd love to see a copy.

can you send me a copy too? That one i never heard of and it sounds nice. thanks

I would also love to see a copy of Mike's. thanks!

I've really been trying to research what is best for my customers and for my team. I noticed that 123...is the only newsletter offered that will make one up for directors and their team. One that I can edit for my team.
I asked for a sample, but have yet to receive one. Could someone please
send me a sample of their team newsletter from 123byrequest?
[email protected]

I seem to be leaning toward Tasty Tid Bits because I can't get a sample from
Can you add links to other places (such as UTube) when you edit Tasty Tid Bits?
Is it easy to edit some personal info. into each newsletter when she sends it to you?
Obviously, I need to make this decision today so I can get my newsletter out.:)
I have been using constant contact for 6 months. But very time consuming and more money.

Help?

RebeccaJ
Director

Gina, could you send me a copy of your newsletter from Mike so I can
see what his looks like with PC material?
Thanks,

RebeccaJ [email protected]

cathyskitchen said:
I use the Customer Connection emails on our Personal Websites. I don't see the point in paying extra or taking the time to do it myself when I pay for the website and it's already done for me! It's professional looking, I can add my own text at the bottom, and everything that I would include in a newsletter is featured on my website, so it's a great way to get people to actually VISIT my website, which is the whole point, right? Anyway, that's what I use.

I almost posted the same thing! Why pay extra for something you already have?

Kristina21 said:
I almost posted the same thing! Why pay extra for something you already have?
Because, like someone else posted in this thread I think, not all of my customers get it. In fact, very few do. They get stopped by blockers and such all the time. I get a much better response when I send my own through Outlook. I have the same problem with the invites from our websites. They don't get through to all of the guests. Very frustrating!

Diane sent me Mike's and it looks great! I'm sick of making my own and it being so darn long (upto 7 pages in Word!). Her's looks neat, crisp, and professional. Plus its in the body of the email and not an attachment. I'm looking at changing it over.

quiverfull7 said:
if she can't right now, I can send you mine... I love Mike's work and have used it for 1 1/2 years. I get good responses. I just switched to iContact for sending and I LOVE IT!

Could you e-mail me a copy? [email protected] So what is iContact? Thanks!

sfdavis918 said:
Because, like someone else posted in this thread I think, not all of my customers get it. In fact, very few do. They get stopped by blockers and such all the time. I get a much better response when I send my own through Outlook. I have the same problem with the invites from our websites. They don't get through to all of the guests. Very frustrating!

I never have a problem with people not getting my newsletter. People tell me all the time that they get it every month. I don't have any problems with the email invitations, either. I like how I can just select everyone in my contacts and send ONE email. I used to have to send 100 every month to 10 people each - NOT fun. I will never send a newsletter out using my email program. If we didn't have the website feature, I'd probably use Tasty Tibits. I used it before we got the Customer Connection on our websites, but had to separate out the recipients. I tried using a Yahoo Group, too, but that had WAY more problems with people getting spammed than my website. I don't want to pay extra, so I don't! :)

Another vote for Tasty Tidbits. I got samples from several different newsletter sources and TT was the format/layout that I liked the best and what I thought my customers would respond best to. While I know that recruiting is a big deal, I didn't like some of the samples that seemed to "shove" becoming a consultant down your throat. I don't want someone to see my newsletter and just delete it, b/c it looks like I'm trying to stalk them. TT mentions becoming a consultant, but it doesn't feel so forced (to me anyways). I will be upgrading my subscription when it comes time to renew. And paying for the service is worth it to me, b/c I work full time and I don't really have the time to create one and spend a lot of time editing things. This works best for me in my life. JMHO though!!!

My question is do you send it from your personal email? I did a test run and sent it to myself and it went straight to spam. How can make sure my customers are receiving my emails without having to ask them?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • PamperedNotPerfect08
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • mrssyvo