• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Web Site and Newsletter

In summary, getting your own website is beneficial because it allows you to promote it however you want, and put together a monthly newsletter.
tractorgal

Hi, I am thinking of getting my own PC web site, for 6 months ($42.) I was also wondering about a monthly newsletter to previous customers, and new ones (hopefully).
What I want to know is, is getting your own web site beneficial, how do you promote it, and how do you put a monthly newsletter together.
Whew!! I know that is alot to ask in one writing, but I hope someone out there can help me and maybe others promote our business. I have tried to find a thread that had this info, but couldn't find one, so I created this one. Help.:eek: :confused:

I offer to send emails for all my hosts to people they don't think can make it to a show but that might order. I also have my website on everything I give out as well as in my email signature.

Something some people do is tell guests that the recipe can be found on their website - either under the show information on the site or in the "news".

You might want to go for a full year as the cost of PWS goes up at the end of the month. I've gotten an order for every show but I really promote it with my hosts - we send out 2-3 emails about being able to order online if someone can't make it to the show - before the show, the day of the show, and a couple days after the show if I'm not closing it immediately.

Hi there! I personally think a website is definitely worth it. I promote mine on EVERYTHING.....and I usually even give it out as my source to reach me through email as well (contact me through my website).

Some of the things I do with my website and newsletter are:
* always update both at the beginning of the month
* promote all of my upcoming shows and events in the calendar section
* post the recipe from the show and tell guests it will be there for them to get. (just recently started doing this...not a solid habit yet)
* offer website only "deals" - or "read it all" specials to my newsletter mailing list
* set up all of my shows on my website - and encourage hosts to use their host e-tools - probably about 50% of my hosts use them....I have found its a very individual choice. I try to pitch it to them as a "perk" of working with me, and a service that is very advantageous to them.

Some of the things I don't use a whole lot of on the website are the customer connection emails...I just don't like them. Plus I really stress to my mailing list and guests at shows whom I want to join my mailing list, that I will not bombard them with emails. I try very hard to only email once....maybe twice during the month and I think my customers appreciate that. On a very rare occasion I have emailed 2-3 times and I have always felt bad!

I do like the new e-invitation templates that are theme show specific. I think they look really sharp!

I also like the benefits of having the website for catalog show hosts....and also for long distance order collection for both cooking and catalog hosts. I'm in PA....but i have had hosts receive orders from friends and family all across the country simply because they can easily place the order online at my website and have it be included in a specific show (if they take the right option! I appreciate the enhancements HO has done to safeguard this!)

As for newsletters....I've had a newsletter since day #1 of my business 5 1/2 years ago...and I have done it all during that time! I have labored most of the month in the past creating my newsletter in various formats - Word, Publisher, saving as PDF's, placing directly in the body of the email,etc. I have learned that my personality is one that obsesses over this creation process and I could spend my month creating my newsletter and stuck at my computer.....or I could be making customer care calls, host coaching, etc.
So the best thing I can do for my business is enjoy the subscription that I have with Joy Edwards and Tasty Tidbits. Its a very affordable investment, and with minor personalization it is ready to go in minutes upon receiving it from Joy each month. I know there are a few other services out there - but I have never looked elsewhere and cannot provide commentary on them....nor is that the point of my response to your questions!!! :)

Anyway - I hope this helps you a little bit

Melinda

Could you send me the e-mail address for Joy Edwards abd Tasty Tidbits. I would like to check it out.

tractorgal said:
Could you send me the e-mail address for Joy Edwards abd Tasty Tidbits. I would like to check it out.

You can check out tasty tidbits at http://www.tastytidbits.net/

Thank you. So you can edit the newsletter they send you before you send it out?

yes, you can include your personal information and edit the whole thing.

Melinda

Personal website is definitely worth it. Not only for outside orders, but also to send potential recruits so they automatically sign up under you when they do it through your website.

Ilike constantcontact.com for sending out newsletters. They have templates to make your own or you can upload another one to it. The best thing is you can send a newsletter out to all your contacts at once as most email services limit it and you have to send it in shifts which can be time consuming. Plus, they can tell you which ones bounced, how many of them were opened, how many people clicked on something, etc. It's great, and only $15 a month! It's been totally worth it. Tell them Rhonda Sleter sent you :)

I just checked out constantcontact.com. I like the idea that you can see who checked your newsletter.

Thanks everyone for all your information. This web site is wonderful to get good ideas for PC.

tractorgal said:
I just checked out constantcontact.com. I like the idea that you can see who checked your newsletter.

Thanks everyone for all your information. This web site is wonderful to get good ideas for PC.

Another great newsletter is BY REQUEST http://www.123byrequest.com/

Website totally pays for itself, especially during the holiday season! Give it a go. You'll love it. :) Put your site on your business cards and catalogs and your email signature.

Last edited:
DizziePixie said:
Personal website is definitely worth it. Not only for outside orders, but also to send potential recruits so they automatically sign up under you when they do it through your website.

Ilike constantcontact.com for sending out newsletters. They have templates to make your own or you can upload another one to it. The best thing is you can send a newsletter out to all your contacts at once as most email services limit it and you have to send it in shifts which can be time consuming. Plus, they can tell you which ones bounced, how many of them were opened, how many people clicked on something, etc. It's great, and only $15 a month! It's been totally worth it. Tell them Rhonda Sleter sent you :)

do you use the restaurant pack? business? (I just browsed the site). $15 is per month? Have you tried the other two listed (By Request and Tasty Nites which are anout $15 a year)? Just wondering if you found constantcontact significantly more effective.

I think personal websites are the best.... I have gotten a great response from my host and customers alike!!

What is a Personal Web Site and Newsletter?

A Personal Web Site and Newsletter is a customizable online platform that allows Pampered Chef consultants to showcase products, share recipes, and communicate with customers through a personalized newsletter.

How can I set up my Personal Web Site and Newsletter?

To set up your Personal Web Site and Newsletter, simply log in to your Pampered Chef account and click on the "My Personal Web Site" tab. From there, you can choose a template and customize your site with your own personal information and product recommendations.

Can I add my own content to my Personal Web Site and Newsletter?

Yes, you can add your own content such as blog posts, recipes, and product reviews to your Personal Web Site and Newsletter. This allows you to personalize your site and keep your customers engaged with new and relevant content.

How often should I update my Personal Web Site and Newsletter?

It is recommended to update your Personal Web Site and Newsletter at least once a month. This ensures that your site stays fresh and relevant, and encourages customers to keep coming back to check for new content and products.

Can I track the performance of my Personal Web Site and Newsletter?

Yes, you can track the performance of your Personal Web Site and Newsletter through the "My Personal Web Site" tab in your Pampered Chef account. You can see the number of visits, orders, and sales generated from your site, as well as customer engagement metrics such as click-through rates and open rates for your newsletter.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • lisasfuncooking
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
pcjenr
  • PC_CPR