• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Subscriber to My Newsletter

In summary, this person received an email from a person they don't know asking for a sample of a past newsletter. They are worried about how to politely say "I'm going to kick you off my list."
NooraK
Gold Member
I need some advice, and help with wording. I thought I had asked about this when it happened once before, but I can't remember how I handled it, and I can't find a thread referencing it.

I received an email yesterday saying I have a new subscriber to my newsletter. Yeay, right? Not so much. The first thing I noticed was that the email address had "chef" in it. I took the name, and searched FB, and found that the person who signed up is a PC consultant. I don't recognize the name, we don't have any friends in common, so the person might have just found me on FB, or it could be someone from here, who knows.

Now, I'm not concerned about one extra name on my newsletter list that obviously isn't going to buy from me. MailChimp recently upped their Freemium plan to 2,000 subscribers, and I'm not going to reach that any time soon.

My issue is that I use TT for my newsletters, and while it's not expensive, it is a paid service, and I respect Joy's business in that I don't want to knowingly distribute my newsletter to someone who might copy it and forward it on to their own contacts. If someone were to ask me for a sample, I'd gladly direct them to Joy's website, or maybe even send a copy of a past newsletter to them. I don't think I'd even mind having them on the list if they asked first and promised not to use it as their own (I know, I can be too trusting sometimes).

So, what do I say to this person? How do I nicely say "I'm going to kick you off my list"? And I have to say it without resorting to "Did you really think I wouldn't immediately realize?" so suggestions are welcome.

LOL...just remove or don't add to your list. No need for confrontation. She'd have to contact you directly to see why she didn't receive the newsletter, at which point you could then address the dilemma.

I'm so grateful you're looking out for this stuff for me Noora! Thank you! Back when I was a consultant, I used to have other consultants joining my list so they could get my newsletter. Then when I started selling the subscriptions, I pared back my list and took off anyone that I couldn't backtrack to a show, fair, etc. There was one gal who I couldn't figure out where I got her email from. She used to email me EVERY beginning of season and ask me specifically for the links to the online catalogs. I suspected she was a consultant though I couldn't figure out why she needed ME to give her the links - they are not that hard to find.Every season, I asked her if I could send her a catalog or if she were interested in hosting. Once I told her I was really embarassed but could she please remind me which show I got her info from, as I was updating my records and couldn't figure out who her host was. She never responded.Finally after the 4th season or so, I emailed her "are you a consultant" and she did not respond. She has stopped asking me for the link. I have since stopped using my consultant email address anyway, but I think I called her out and she knew it. I don't know if she was simply a consultant who didn't know how to do for herself, or if she knew I was charging for the same letter that I emailed my customers and that was her way around it... I know it's thrilling to get people to add on to your list that you didn't have to solicit yourself. Can you email her a "welcome to my list" email and ask her how she found your info? If she says she is a consultant, then just say your list is for "customers only" and you don't need to elaborate... and if she is just wanting to get ideas for hers, then refer her to here!I know my newsletter gets forwarded, either intentionally or unintentionally. I just don't have the time or energy to worry about what I can't control. For those who do so knowingly, I am a big believer in karma. I wouldn't want stealing on my conscience... just can't control those who don't care. They probably approach their business with few scruples too. <shrug> What goes around comes around.

What is the benefit of subscribing to your newsletter?

By subscribing to my newsletter, you will receive exclusive recipes, cooking tips, product updates, and special offers that are only available to subscribers. It's a great way to stay updated on all things Pampered Chef!

How often will I receive your newsletter?

Our newsletter is typically sent out once a month. However, during busy seasons or when we have exciting new products to share, we may send out additional newsletters.

Is there a cost to subscribe to your newsletter?

No, our newsletter is completely free for anyone to subscribe to! We want to share our love for cooking and our products with as many people as possible.

Can I unsubscribe from your newsletter at any time?

Yes, you can easily unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any newsletter. We will be sad to see you go, but we understand that sometimes preferences and interests change.

Will my personal information be shared with third parties?

No, we value your privacy and will never sell or share your personal information with third parties. Your information will only be used for the purpose of sending our newsletter and other Pampered Chef related communications.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • gailz2
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
betsyb
  • babywings76