• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Emailing Tasty Tidbits Newsletters

This is the email that I received, almost a year ago. I have tried calling AOL but they just tell me to read the terms of service. I'm not really sure what I did wrong, but I'm really worried that I might have violated their terms.
pampered2007
Just curious....for those of you who send out Tasty Tidbits newsletters, does anyone use an AOL email address???

My reason for asking is because months ago I sent out an email to my mailing list that I created myself (because I didn't have Tasty Tidbits at the time) with descriptions and costs of some updated Outlet Items. After doing this, I received an email from AOL telling me that I was violating their Terms of Service. I think it was because I sent the email out to a bulk number of people, I'm not really sure. I didn't even realize that I did something I wasn't supposed to do. But anyway... I am now nervous about sending out the Tasty Tidbits newsletters and Fall Flashes using my AOL email address, since they include the pictures and costs of products.

So for those of you that do send out the newsletters and fall flash, have you had any problems??? I am really excited to use my new Tasty Tidbits emails but rather nervous. Thanks in advance.

I would see if you can find the AOL terms and see what it is that you violated. If it's the bulk mailing part, then you might have to do it in smaller batches. I doubt the content of the email is what they looked at.

I did some searching and found this information.....I'm not sure if this means emails like the newsletters from Tasty Tidbits or not.

You may not use AOL.COM or any of our communication tools to transmit, directly or indirectly, any unsolicited bulk communications (including e-mails and instant messages). You may not harvest information about our users for the purpose of sending, or to facilitate the sending, of unsolicited bulk communications.

pampered2007 said:
I did some searching and found this information.....I'm not sure if this means emails like the newsletters from Tasty Tidbits or not.

You may not use AOL.COM or any of our communication tools to transmit, directly or indirectly, any unsolicited bulk communications (including e-mails and instant messages). You may not harvest information about our users for the purpose of sending, or to facilitate the sending, of unsolicited bulk communications.

As long as you have permission from your customers to send them the newsletter, you're fine. I think the catch is, AOL has no way of knowing that. They probably send an email like the one you received whenever someone sends large quantities of email. I wonder if you'd be able to call them and ask how they would determine that you're violating their terms.

I sent them an email so hopefully I will hear back from them soon. Thanks!

I haven't received any replies back as of yet from AOL, but I finally found the email that I received almost a year ago about the violation. I am posting here what I was told, and if someone could help me figure out what I did exactly, I would so appreciate it. I'm not sure if it's because my email contained prices, or if it was because it went to a lot of people, or maybe the subject line sounded like spam. I really have no idea and when I've asked AOL I am just told to read the terms of service. (which I have done) I can't seem to get them to tell me in detail what I did personally.

For those that use an AOL email address to send out their newsletters, etc. Have you had any problems at all???

Here's the email I received. (I had sent out the email using the same email address that I use all the time for my business.)

Dear Member,

AOL has a Terms of Service agreement which provides community guidelines for
online conduct. We want to inform you that we received a report regarding a
violation of those guidelines. Here is the information we have placed on the
account regarding this incident:

Screen Name:
Date: 2008-09-24 14:03:46.0

Screen Name:
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 11:51:27 -0400
Violation Clip: Subject: Online Shopping Outlet
Patriotic Basket Liner
Was: $19.00
Now: $7.50
Bread Baking Crock Was: $11.25
Now: $7.00

1. How often will I receive the Tasty Tidbits newsletter?

The Tasty Tidbits newsletter is sent out once a month, usually around the first week of the month.

2. Can I unsubscribe from the Tasty Tidbits newsletter?

Yes, you can easily unsubscribe from the Tasty Tidbits newsletter by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email. You can also update your email preferences in your Pampered Chef account.

3. Can I customize the content of the Tasty Tidbits newsletter?

Unfortunately, the content of the Tasty Tidbits newsletter is pre-determined and cannot be customized. However, we do try to provide a variety of recipes and kitchen tips to appeal to a wide range of customers.

4. How do I sign up for the Tasty Tidbits newsletter?

If you are a Pampered Chef customer, you will automatically receive the Tasty Tidbits newsletter if you have opted in to receive marketing emails. If you are not a customer but would like to receive the newsletter, you can sign up on our website or at a Pampered Chef party.

5. Can I share the Tasty Tidbits newsletter with friends and family?

Yes, we encourage you to share the Tasty Tidbits newsletter with anyone you think would enjoy it! You can forward the email or share the link to the online version. Just be sure to give credit to Pampered Chef for the delicious recipes and tips.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• elizabethby
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
NooraK
Replies
Views
cochef
  • debswork
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies