• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Working Towards Disney, Need Help!

In summary, after a difficult first trimester and a long break for bedrest, the speaker is back to work and has realized that they are closer to earning a Disney trip than they originally thought. Despite not making any sales during their break, they have a large number of recruiting points and are only 7600 points away from qualifying for the trip. They have upcoming shows and are open to booking more in order to reach their goal. They are seeking advice from others who have been in a similar position and have already taken steps such as sending out letters and offering incentives to their customers. They are determined to make their dream family trip to Disney a reality.
So as long as it updates in the morning..........................I just earned level 3!!!!!!!!!!! I submitted a show for my consultant tonight and she will qualify and I turned in a show for me that should give me a total of 74,000 points in the morning. I hope it updates quickly or I might die from waiting.

Also I have another show going in tomorrow and that should put me over $9,000 in sales this month with 2 new recruits! I never thought I could really do it this year, especially with a new baby.

Please remind me NOT to do this on December 30th next year, I am completely exhausted from pushing myself this far in December and not even close to ready to start on January. It was so nice to earn the trip last year in November, remind me never to cut it this close again.
My kids are going to be so excited in the morning:)

Way to go Chantelle! :D

Congrats!!! That's awesome!

cincychef said:
So as long as it updates in the morning..........................I just earned level 3!!!!!!!!!!! I hope it updates quickly or I might die from waiting.
Please remind me NOT to do this on December 30th next year, I am completely exhausted from pushing myself this far in December and not even close to ready to start on January. It was so nice to earn the trip last year in November, remind me never to cut it this close again.
My kids are going to be so excited in the morning:)

This is so my statement!! I submitted a $2200 show last night at 5pm and it hasn't posted yet. I tried to call this morning to make sure no cards were on hold, but the OFFICES WERE CLOSED!!! ARGH!!

As long as everything is fine with the show I've earned Level 2!!! We're going to Disney World!!! YAY!!

I totally didn't think I would pull together $2000 in the last 2 weeks in December!! What in the world!!! I'm so excited!! Kinda, I just am not celebrating yet. I have to see it update first!

I am with you Chantelle!!! I am not doing it at the last minute ever again!!

Way to go Sandra! I'm really proud of you!!!!!! :D

CONGRATS Sandra!! I know you worked your tail off for this these last few weeks. I'm so happy for you!!!

Oh ick, I forgot that the offices are closed today. Bummer!! I have some adjustments to do. And I wanted to do the same thing.....make sure my consultant's show went in that was to have qualified her!!! I'm trying to also look on her incentive calculator since it seems to show up first there. I want to see it say $1250!!!! It's looking like I'll end up getting the sales I need to, although I definitely need her to qualify to be my 4th qualified consultant and get the 2000 points. The way I see it, I should end up with 52,348 points. YIKES that is just too close for comfort, but it'll get me there. I am turning in a $600 show today (included in that) from my last minute plea and I'm not going to have to buy anything myself!! I thought I might be buying some cookware or something for future gifts or incentives! I just want to see it all posted though.

Becky,
My recruit is showing $1250.37 in career sales(I was cutting it close wasn't I) but I don't have any recruiting points for her yet. Do you have yours? I am just wondering if it is being slow to update or if I could have made a mistake somewhere. She went inactive before the career sales, but she has $1250 since she re activated. Am I missing anything?????????

cincychef said:
Becky,
My recruit is showing $1250.37 in career sales(I was cutting it close wasn't I) but I don't have any recruiting points for her yet. Do you have yours? I am just wondering if it is being slow to update or if I could have made a mistake somewhere. She went inactive before the career sales, but she has $1250 since she re activated. Am I missing anything?????????

Wow, that is close! No, for some reason MY calculator isn't showing it yet, but hers does show she has over $1250, so I'm assuming it's just slow. It's driving me nuts. AS long as your recruit had the $1250 without going inactive and losing career sales, you should be fine. I'm also hoping to get notification that I have a consultant who earned PC$ in the reward program and that she qualified. Then I'll know it's official!

Let me know when your recruiting points show up. :)

Please tell me your recruit hasn't shown up yet. Mine is not showing and I was double checking on the excellence awards tracker this morning and I just looked and she is not there at all now!!!!
The thing that worries me is she did go inactive a few months back, she has since reactivated and turned in a total of $1250 in career sales. I know I should get the points but I am a nervous wreck

Is there anywhere we can see a qualified on date? I have looked at every report and I don't see anything if they are out of their 90 days.

My recruiting points finally showed up this morning. I think there is a way to look up the qualified date, but right now nothing is showing up for 2009 anymore. I can only seem to get things to show up for 2010 so there isn't a way to check on stats from 2009. You can ask your recruit to look on her incentives calculator to see if her 2000 points are there because she gets 2000 points.

It updated this morning!!!!!! 74,563!!!!! We are going to Disney!!!!!!!!!!!!!Congrats to everyone else. See you there.

cincychef said:
It updated this morning!!!!!! 74,563!!!!! We are going to Disney!!!!!!!!!!!!!Congrats to everyone else. See you there.

Congrats!!! Woo hooo! You'll love the Contemporary! We just stayed there last week. :)

I'm all updated too.....just BARELY got level 2 with 52,348!!!!! What a relief!!!!

pamperedbecky said:
Congrats!!! Woo hooo! You'll love the Contemporary! We just stayed there last week. :)

I'm all updated too.....just BARELY got level 2 with 52,348!!!!! What a relief!!!!

I would love to hear any insights from your stay at the contemporary. I am so excited to go on PC again! This is our 3rd time to Disney with PC and it will most likely be the last for the kids. I don't think a 16 and 19 yr old will enjoy it as much as they have the other times. (assuming PC does it in 5 years again.

I really want to make the most of every moment.

pamperedbecky said:
You'll love the Contemporary! We just stayed there last week. :)
Fill us in on everything about The Contemporary!

It was very cool. It's definitely a contemporary style, which isn't MY style, but I don't care. It's the only place we've stayed on property so far, but from what I've heard people say that the crazy "Mickey Mouse everywhere" Disney feel to it is quite toned down, so it's not so in your face. The rooms are some of the biggest rooms out of all the hotels because it was one of two of the original hotels at Disney. There are two queen beds and a little futon type thing that can be a little couch or flipped over into a single bed. My son slept on that and my daughter in the other bed because at 5 and 8 I don't think they'd sleep well together because my son is a crazy sleeper. I'll try to post pictures of the room once I download them all. There are some good reviews and pictures on www.tripadvisor.com.

The main reason we stayed there this time is because it's on the monorail which is a HUGE plus. Especially because we went at the busiest time of the year. The monorail goes to three hotels (also the Grand Floridian and the Polynesian) and two parks (Magic Kingdom and Epcot). The others have busses that go to them. The monorail goes right through the building which is so cool! There's the main tower of the Contemporary (the one you really notice in the pictures) and there's Garden View rooms, which are part of a little 3 story section of rooms that are connected by a short covered walkway to the main tower. We started off in the garden view ones (those are quite a bit cheaper!), but got upgraded for free to the tower on the 10th floor. :) I'm imagining PC will put you level 3 achievers up in the main tower.

A very popular character meal is called Chef Mickey's and is right in the Contemporary. It's very cool, but if you're room is anywhere near there, you'll probably hear it starting at 7 am and I swear it went until after 10 pm. I didn't care because we were happy just to be in the Tower, plus we were on the 10th floor, so a good amount away from Chef Mickey's on the 4th floor. there's also a "counter service" type restaurant in there that's kind of cafeteria style but nicer. It was quite crowded in the morning, but we always found a place to sit. There are a couple other sit-down/table service restaurants that are fancier and we didn't do those.

There is a pool too which looked cool, but it was a little too chilly to enjoy that. Hmmm, what else?? The staff there was great, there was a gift shop, an arcade and a little market. What else you wanna know??? I am still on a Disney high and excited to go back, even though we'll be at Coronado Springs next. I could seriously enjoy a 2nd job as a Disney vacation planner. I would LOVE that job!! I've done tons of research and can tell you quite a bit.

I'll try to post some pictures later....

THANKS SO MUCH for this peak inside! ;) I can't wait to hear more from you. We've never been to Disney so I need all the insiders info I can get to make it the greatest experience ever for our three youngest. I wish SO that I could take all our kids but I'm just thinking that can't happen. This is such wonderful info from you! Thanks SO SO SO MUCH!!!!!!!!

No problem! I've become quite obsessed with Disney.:D

If anyone knows more about Coronado Springs, I'd love to hear it. There is a website out there other than the main www.disneyworld.com website that has info about Coronado Springs. I think I've heard that they've recently renovated all of their rooms. The hotel is huge and I've heard sometimes the busses to and from the parks get quite crowded or there are long wait times. But who cares! :sun:

Here's the website that has some cool pictures and info about Coronado Springs: http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/

pamperedbecky said:
No problem! I've become quite obsessed with Disney.:D

If anyone knows more about Coronado Springs, I'd love to hear it. There is a website out there other than the main www.disneyworld.com website that has info about Coronado Springs. I think I've heard that they've recently renovated all of their rooms. The hotel is huge and I've heard sometimes the busses to and from the parks get quite crowded or there are long wait times. But who cares! :sun:

Here's the website that has some cool pictures and info about Coronado Springs: http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/

:) Our perceptions can be so funny. I went to the website above. I was, for whatever reason, NOT expecting the spanish influence. I don't have a clue why not but this is a great site to check out! Thanks again Becky!

pictures of The ContemporaryWell, unfortunately I didn't seem to take many more pictures of the resort - just the room. But I'll post a few and you'll get the idea. :)

Attachments

• DSCN1378.jpg
    DSCN1378.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 279
  • DSCN1379.jpg
    DSCN1379.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 269
  • DSCN1380.jpg
    DSCN1380.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 267
  • DSCN1381.jpg
    DSCN1381.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 271
  • DSCN1382.jpg
    DSCN1382.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 277
Grand FloridianHere are a couple pictures of inside the Grand Floridian for you lucky level 4 achievers. The place is AMAZING!! I'm so jealous. My dream is to stay there some day. Obviously the Christmas decorations won't be there in June.:D

Attachments

• DSCN1385.jpg
    DSCN1385.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 281
  • DSCN1388.jpg
    DSCN1388.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 269
  • DSCN1389.jpg
    DSCN1389.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 273
pamperedbecky said:
Well, unfortunately I didn't seem to take many more pictures of the resort - just the room. But I'll post a few and you'll get the idea. :)

Reminds me a lot of the Fontainebleu in Miami where many of us stayed last year. :)

5 years ago The Grand Floridian was a Level 3 and I earned it. It was breath taking. The rooms were average sized but very nice. My son loved getting the chocolate on his pillow every night with the bed turned down!

Restaurant ReservationsOkay, I earned Level 1 again (I am so consistent!), but I have been to Disney quite a bit. This may have already been posted somewhere else, but probably worth mentioning again. NOW is the time to make your meal reservations if you have not already done so. The restaurants book very quickly! Seriously, do not wait!

Also, I recommend a great book - Birnbaum's Walt Disney World 2010 (Paperback). It is on Amazon now for less than $10.00. The book will give you so much great information on Disney and has a lot of great tips!

Can we make dining reservations without a reservation # for the trip? I thought we had to wait to get the info from HO first?

Lisa

pcheflisad said:
Can we make dining reservations without a reservation # for the trip? I thought we had to wait to get the info from HO first?

Lisa

go to www.disneyparks.com

I just booked a character breakfast for Mon the 14th. So excited!!!!!

If you can get a reservation with Le Cellier in Canada at Epcot, it is so good! I especially loved the Creme Brulee. Half was vanilla, half was maple. YUMMY!

Yes, you can make dining reservations even if you don't have a room on property reserved yet. Yes, make them now! You can make them 180 days out now.

If anyone is thinking of the following restaurants or character meals and wants to know more, just let me know. We just did all of these: Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge, Crystal Palace character meal (with Pooh and friends - BEST buffet ever!), Le Chefs de France in France in Epcot, Chef Mickey's, Liberty Tree Tavern, and O'Hana Character breakfast at the Polynesian (Lilo, Stitch, Mickey, etc). In March we did Cinderella's Royal Table (in the castle) for dinner and the Princess Breakfast at Akershus in Norway in Epcot. I think we'll do the princess breakfast again in June if I can get reservations. We saw almost every princess except Cinderella. My daughter also got a princess makeover at the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique which was adorable. I've found that Disney seems to be my 2nd-favorite thing to talk about besides PC!:D

How fun!!

we reserved Crystal Palace. I'm so excited!

DebbieJ said:
we reserved Crystal Palace. I'm so excited!

That one is great! I think this place has some of the best food there, even though it's a buffet. We did it for lunch in March and for dinner over Christmas. I bet the breakfast one is great too. That's going to be so fun for you guys!

I'd better get on this. I want my girls to do BBB and a Princess Meal afterward. I am such a Disney novice. I'm kinda getting frozen with all of the information. I'm already on overload! LOL!! I just need to be told; eat there, do this, call this number, stay here!!

Chef Kearns said:
I'd better get on this. I want my girls to do BBB and a Princess Meal afterward. I am such a Disney novice. I'm kinda getting frozen with all of the information. I'm already on overload! LOL!! I just need to be told; eat there, do this, call this number, stay here!!

Oh believe me, you'll be a pro in no time! That is the way I was before we went in March. Now, as you can see, I've become obsessed!:D

That's an awesome one, as well as www.allears.net and http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g34515-i19-o40-Orlando_Florida.html. That last one has other Orlando tidbits on there too, but it's mostly Disney stuff.

I also love the Moms Panel through the www.disneyworld.com website. Very cool! I think it's under the planning tab.

I've booked the BBB for my daughters and a Cinderella lunch the same day. My husband is going to kill me!! But it's his own fault. I've been trying to talk to him about planning the trip and how many days we were going to stay and everything. Apparently, he wasn't listening!! When I finally earned it was when he started listening to me. He was like, "I don't know if I want to extend the trip." I was like, "Where have you been all year?! I've only been talking about what I wanted to do since March!!" It is kinda late now to START having these discussions becuase NOW is the time to book it!! He's just gonna have to suck it up!

<h2>1. How close are you to earning the Disney trip?</h2><p>I am currently 7600 points away from earning the Disney trip.</p><h2>2. How many shows do you have scheduled?</h2><p>I have 5 shows scheduled this month and 2 shows scheduled for next month.</p><h2>3. What is your sales average?</h2><p>My sales average is around $500.</p><h2>4. Have you been in this position before?</h2><p>Yes, I have been in this position before where I thought earning the Disney trip was out of reach.</p><h2>5. What can you do to make it happen?</h2><p>I am willing to book more shows and offer special sales or extra recruiting incentives to reach my goal of earning the Disney trip. I am also open to any suggestions or advice from others who have been in a similar position.</p>

1. How close are you to earning the Disney trip?

I am currently 7600 points away from earning the Disney trip.

2. How many shows do you have scheduled?

I have 5 shows scheduled this month and 2 shows scheduled for next month.

3. What is your sales average?

My sales average is around $500.

4. Have you been in this position before?

Yes, I have been in this position before where I thought earning the Disney trip was out of reach.

5. What can you do to make it happen?

I am willing to book more shows and offer special sales or extra recruiting incentives to reach my goal of earning the Disney trip. I am also open to any suggestions or advice from others who have been in a similar position.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CassieMarie
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefEsther
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
christinaspc
  • chefkugler