• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Dad's Cancer Diagnosis - Trying to Balance Life and My Business

In summary, my dad was just diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma and he is currently in the hospital. He has a show tonight and tomorrow and I have been trying to stay on track with my business.
chefkugler
My dad was just diagnosed with Cancer on Friday. I came back from my show to find this out. He was admitted on Wed with what we thought was a back injury. Only to find out he has Multiple Myeloma.
I canceled my show for Saturday. I have been spending lots of time w/ my dad.
I still need my business to be successful this month. I have over 80,000 pts for Disney, I just need my last 2 recruits to qualify for level 3. I know my dad wouldnt' want to me put this all on hold. So I'm trying very hard to stay on track with my last 2 to qualify and to finish the month out with sales. I have a show tonight and tomorrow. Will be the first I haven't been at the hospital. I really need to get through these shows.

Please say a prayer for my dad and any advise to still keep my business going is appreciated.

Oh and my dad asked me for a catalog cause one of his nurses wanted it. Then he had 2 nurses fighting for the book. How does a man still help me when we all want to help him. :pray:

HUGS Melissa!I've worked very closely with a foundation here that support MM research and funding. Any kind of cancer diagnosis scary... and spending time with your dad and offering love can do wonders!Sending along prayers and good business vibes!!!!

Big hugs to you (and to your Dad, Melissa)
I love that he is still helping you when he is in the hospital - he sounds like a wonderful man.
My Dad was diagnosed last year with early stages of MM...I did a lot of online research and bookmarked a ton of sites - if you like the info, email me at [email protected] and I'll send you all the links I have saved.

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that, Melissa. What a shocker I'm sure. I'll keep you, your dad and your family in my prayers.

So sorry Melissa! I will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers!

What sad news to get. I prayed and will pray for your dad and your family! Take care and know you are blessed!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Prayers to you and your family for strength. What a wonderful loving father you have! I am sure he is probably more worried about you and the rest of the family because that is how wonderful and selfless parents can be. Melissa, keep us updated on what how you are all doing.

Hope your recruits are on target for qualifying so you and your family can earn Disney.

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family!

Thank you everyone. My dad will start his Chemo on Monday. The cancer has spread and I'm praying treatment will help. He will be in the hospital for another 4 months.
I'm trying hard to pull it together and get back on track with life and my business.

Melissa, I'm so sorry! Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}

Melissa.....I'm thinking of you & your family & I'll say a prayer that his chemo. goes well & that you'll all get through this!

be strong & take care of yourself :)

Melissa,
I will pray for you and your family. It sounds like you have a wonderful dad.

Melissa- I will pray for you and your dad as well. I have seen firsthand God's amazing healing power with my own dad. Anything is possible. :)
Becky

chefkugler said:
Thank you everyone. My dad will start his Chemo on Monday. The cancer has spread and I'm praying treatment will help. He will be in the hospital for another 4 months.
I'm trying hard to pull it together and get back on track with life and my business.

Melissa, what hospital is he going to? We are fortunate to have some wonderful facilities in New York State. My Dad went to Roswell Park in Buffalo and I in awe of what they can do.

baychef said:
Melissa, what hospital is he going to? We are fortunate to have some wonderful facilities in New York State. My Dad went to Roswell Park in Buffalo and I in awe of what they can do.

My dad is in Albany Medical Center. He is being treated by the New York Onocology Hematology group.

Fantastic, Melissa!!! He is in very capable hands! Keep us updated on how he is and how YOU are doing too. The best thing you can do for your Dad is to make sure you take care of yourself even though it is the last thing that may be on your mind! Many hugs and prayers to you and your family.

1. How do you balance running your business with your dad's cancer diagnosis?

Balancing a cancer diagnosis with running a business can be incredibly challenging and overwhelming. It's important to prioritize and delegate tasks as much as possible. Consider hiring additional help or reaching out to friends and family for support. Don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it.

2. How can I support my dad while also managing my business?

It's important to communicate openly with your dad about his needs and your availability. Make a schedule that works for both of you and stick to it as much as possible. Show your support through small gestures like sending a card or bringing a meal. Remember to take care of yourself too, as this will ultimately benefit both you and your dad.

3. How can I stay motivated in my business during this difficult time?

It's completely normal to feel unmotivated and distracted when dealing with a family member's cancer diagnosis. Give yourself permission to take breaks and prioritize your mental and emotional well-being. Set small, achievable goals for your business and celebrate even the smallest successes. Surround yourself with a supportive network of friends and fellow business owners who can offer encouragement and understanding.

4. How can I communicate with my customers about my situation?

Honesty and transparency are key when communicating with your customers about your personal situation. Consider sending out an email or social media post explaining the situation and any potential impacts on your business. Let them know that you are still committed to providing quality products and services, but there may be some delays or changes in the near future.

5. How can I manage the financial aspect of my business during this time?

It's important to have a plan in place for managing the financial aspect of your business while also dealing with a cancer diagnosis. Consider setting up automatic payments for bills and expenses to alleviate some stress. Explore options for financial assistance or support from organizations dedicated to helping small businesses during difficult times. Don't be afraid to reach out to your network for advice or assistance in managing your finances.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• brandynichoal
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamela
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
pamela
  • luvtocook