• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Amazing Update: My Dad's Latest PET Scan Shows He is Cancer Free at 82!

In summary, the speaker's father was able to achieve being cancer-free at the age of 82 after undergoing a year of treatment, including chemotherapy and radiation, as well as making significant changes to his diet and lifestyle. He was diagnosed with stage 3 prostate cancer and experienced side effects such as fatigue, nausea, and hair loss, but they were manageable and worth it for his cancer-free status. Although he is now cancer-free, he will still need to undergo regular check-ups to monitor his health and prevent a recurrence. The experience has brought the family closer together and made them appreciate each other and their health more.
pamela
As of today, the latest PET scan for my Dad shows he is CANCER FREE!!!!!!

Now I know this remission may not last long, but WHO CARES! We might just get him to his 82nd birthday!!!

YAY! Good news is good news!!!! :D

Congratulations Meg. This is wonderful to hear!

Congrats Meg! That's AWESOME news!!

That's great news, Meg!!!! Thanks for sharing it with us.:)

wow what a relief--Drinks??

That is wonderful news! No reason to stop at 82, let's go 83!

Good for him and you Meg!
congrats

Meg that's great news :)

Thanks everyone! It has really inspired me that if my 81 year old Dad can go through what he has been through, than why in the world would I give up on my Directorship without the same kind of fight!

WOO HOO!!!
:party:So glad to hear your Dad is cancer free!!! What a relief!!!:party:

During the last week in October my parents and I head to Bufflalo to get my Dad's one year check up at Roswell Park from lung cancer. We are hoping for the same results!! He has been doing good. He is 76 and has been through quite a bit of surgeries in the last 3 years.

1 year after LUNG CANCER??? That is great! I have several friends that never made it past 6 weeks after that diagnosis.......you are lucky to still have him Ann!

Related to Amazing Update: My Dad's Latest PET Scan Shows He is Cancer Free at 82!

1. How did your dad achieve being cancer-free at 82?

My dad has been undergoing treatment for his cancer for the past year, including chemotherapy and radiation. He also made significant changes to his diet and lifestyle, incorporating more fruits and vegetables and exercising regularly.

2. What type of cancer did your dad have?

My dad was diagnosed with stage 3 prostate cancer. It had spread to his lymph nodes and required aggressive treatment.

3. Did your dad experience any side effects from his treatment?

Yes, my dad did experience some side effects from his treatment, including fatigue, nausea, and hair loss. However, his doctors were able to manage these side effects, and they were worth it to see him cancer-free.

4. Will your dad still have to undergo regular check-ups even though he is cancer-free?

Yes, my dad will still need to have regular check-ups with his doctor to monitor his health and make sure the cancer does not return. Early detection is key in preventing a recurrence.

5. How has your dad's experience with cancer impacted your family?

My dad's cancer diagnosis and treatment have brought our family closer together. We have all rallied around him and provided support and love throughout his journey. It has also made us appreciate each other and our health more.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamela
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
imported_iteachurkid
Replies
Views
abaker1
  • StacieB
  • General Chat
Replies