• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Sales: Wish List vs. Order Form Strategy for Party Consultants

In summary, some consultants are using wish lists instead of order forms at first in their shows. They explain things to their guests using words like "shop" and "shop as I do the demo." They use a lap board with everything they have to give to guests at the beginning of their show. If someone needs to leave early, they get an order form.
babywings76
Gold Member
Lately I've been hearing about how some consultants are having huge success with using wish lists instead of order forms at first in their shows. What do you do? If you use a wish list, or wait to give out the order forms, what words are you using with your guests? How are you explaining things to them and what system do you use for during the presentation and at check out?What I usually do is give them everything in a lap board at the beginning of the show. They browse and shop as I do the demo. I usually have at least one guest who can only stay for part of the show, so this lets them fill it out sooner. Then when I'm done w/ the demo, those in a hurry usually come to me right away. Then the others trickle in with their forms.I'm thinking of giving them the alphabetical list of our products and telling them to use it as their wish list and that when they are ready to order, come to me and I'll give them their order form and we'll fill it out together so I can help them make their final decisions. (viewing me as their personal shopper assistant or whatever)I'm just wondering how best to go about this, what really I should be saying. What the pros and cons would be.I also thought that for tonight's show I could ask who still has Christmas shopping to do. Then they can focus on getting as much of that accomplished as they'd like to at this party (with my help w/ giving them gift ideas) and a little for themselves, but save the bulk of what they have on their own wishlist for when they have their own party. ;)I really need January bookings, so I thought this might be a way "in", KWIM?

bumping...Okay, I'm hearing crickets... ;) No one has any ideas on this?I'm doing a show tonight and am debating on implementing this. I'd love to hear any thoughts you guys have.

I don't give an order form until the end. Each guest gets a 1/2 sheet of blank paper. (I use colored paper.) I tell them that I don't give them order forms because I've noticed that when they have order forms they fill them out instead of paying attention to me. And, frankly, I like the attention. I tell them that 1/2 sheet is their scrap paper. They can use it to write down products they want to remember to get, questions they have that they're afraid to ask out loud, and even the brilliant tips I'll be sharing. If someone says they need to slip out early, I'll give them an order form, of course.

Thanks for the reply Rae. I think that sounds great. :) So when do you give them their order form? Do you fill it out w/ them so you can go over their questions or give it to them when you're done w/ your presentation/demo?

I've tried the wish list and, to be honest, they still treat it as their order form. I've gone back to simply giving them the order form on their lap boards and saving myself the trouble of making the wish lists. I do like Rae's idea of the 1/2 sheet of paper because it looks nothing like an order form and they can also write down questions or make a note of something if they'd like.

Last edited:
I love the 1/2 sheet of paper idea too! I liked using the back of the door prize slip, that way I have all of their info and their wish list all on the same paper...but a totally blank sheet of paper might work good too!! As always thanks for sharing :p

I haven't done anything, but have thought about using the larger post-it notes with the lines on them. I used them for tons of stuff when I was teaching, and had thought about putting one on the front of back of each catalog, so that people could use them to write down and remember things.

I use a piece of lined paper and put it in a folder with all my other items including a catalog, order form, drawing slip, and guest special. At the start of my show I let my guest know they can use their blank paper to jot items that they might like to purchase or questions that they may have, but I would love to keep the paper of items that they would like someday but might not be buying them tonight and I can contact them if they go on sale. I actually had a recruit from this as she brought up her sheet of paper to me at the check out area and her whole sheet was filled. The first thing I said was you need to start selling and you could get all of this! She took the information home and signed up first thing the next morning.

Okay, so last night I gave them just a 1/2 sheet of paper and a catalog. I handed them the DPDS's later when it was time to do that drawing. Then they came to me one by one later to fill out their order form when they were ready. I didn't like it this way. They still only wrote down what they were going to get, one person made an actual wish list (out of 10 people). The thing I didn't like the most was my having to fill out their order form. It was a pain and took too long. Finding the item #'s was a challenge often, even with using the wish list from PC that has it alphabetical---because it's categorized and you have to remember some of the "official" names to find it. I did have nice check out's with the people getting to chat with them as I filled it out. So next time I'll give them their order forms and a wish list. I think that might be better.But I got 2, possibly 4 bookings, and sales are over $500 right now, so I'm happy. :)

Amanda, I think you're focusing to much on the negative of why you didn't like it than the positive. You got a wishlist, one out of ten. How often did you get one before?
You had nice checkouts, you connected on a friendly level while you chatted. How often did this happen before?
You got 2-4 bookings out of 10 people, how often has this happened before, and you got $500 in sales.

Just think of all the good things that may have been caused by your change in format.

In my theory, those giving the wish lists in lieu of order forms use laptops at shows for checkout so it cuts down on LOTS of time. Also, I think they may just print out a P3 receipt after the show of that order so they customer is not going home that night with a handwritten one. So really, the guest highlights or marks which items they want on their wish lists (help facilitates making an "emotional" purchase w/o first discriminating by price) and then makes their final decision when it's all punched into the computer (or when they receive their catties after the demo). Yes, they'll have the catalogs with the prices in them (given after the demo) and most will calculate how much their order will be and adjust from there. The point is you give the wish list before the show starts so they emotionally connect to the products and mark them on their wish lists. Those that they do not buy, you can mark down as their "wish list wants" and that makes for great customer care later on when their products are offered at a discount.

Last edited:
I do not fill out the order form for them unless they have only one or two items and seem to have something that makes it difficult for them to fill out the form (they're elderly, suffering from a condition of some kind, etc.).I don't keep the wish lists. Though, on my survey slip I ask if they would like to be alerted if something in particular goes on sale.

1. What is the difference between a Wish List and an Order Form?

A Wish List is a list of items that a customer wants to purchase from Pampered Chef, but has not yet placed an order for. An Order Form is used to place an actual order for products.

2. Can I make changes to my Wish List after it has been submitted?

Yes, you can make changes to your Wish List at any time before you place an order. Simply log into your account and make any necessary changes to your list.

3. How do I share my Wish List with others?

To share your Wish List with others, you can send them a link to your list or you can print it out and give it to them. They can then use the list to purchase items for you.

4. Can I add items from my Wish List to my Order Form?

Yes, you can easily add items from your Wish List to your Order Form. Simply select the items you want to purchase from your Wish List and click the "Add to Order" button. The items will then be added to your Order Form.

5. Is there a limit to the number of items I can have on my Wish List?

No, there is no limit to the number of items you can have on your Wish List. However, keep in mind that your Wish List is not an actual order and items may go out of stock or be discontinued. It's best to regularly review and update your list to ensure accuracy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedEsther
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
PamperedEsther
  • RMDave
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • tpasto