• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will My Saga W/ My Nightmare Host Ever End?

to her door. So I spoke to her sister in law on Saturday and asked her to have her call me. If she doesn't respect you enough to communicate with you, I wouldn't worry about turning her in!
Nancy, DON'T DO IT!!!
I had a hos tlike that. It took well over month to get the money from her. And it was almost $700!! Through several tactful questions, I found out she had spent the money then could not replace it!! Worst paret was, she bad mouthed my out of 4 bookings from her party. And she totally embarassed one of her guests when I asked for the guests phone number as I though I wrote down the CC number wrong. Instead of blaming me, she spread it all over town that this ladies credit was no good as her card was declined by The Pampered Chef! I mean OMG!
She too repsonded to an e-mail I sent out about HWC about 4 months later. I deleted her from my contacts list, and never responded to her e-mail. Was not going to deal with it. NEVER!

Here's the latest, if anyone cares at this point.... :rolleyes:I did send the host an e-mail yesterday, just so that she couldn't call me later and say "hey, you never told me you didn't get those checks, where's the stuff?" This is what I wrote:Just letting you know that I will not be able to submit your show as a March show now, since the checks haven't arrived. The Pampered Chef deadline is the 15th and there is no longer enough time for me to get the checks, deposit them and have the funds clear in time to process the orders by the Pampered Chef deadline. At this point, a credit card is the only form of payment that will work, should you choose to go ahead with the show. Otherwise, I can change the show to an April one but the host and guest special items will have to be adjusted. If I don't hear from you tonight, I will assume you no longer wish to pursue this show.Since I didn't hear from her, I went ahead and called the previous host (I'll refer to her as my "good host") just now and am SO GLAD I did! She was wondering what was going on with her order, she never heard from the host at all. As it turns out, this host also did a jewelry party a month or so ago and my good host still never had the charge come through her bank (she always uses a debit card so she can monitor payments of things like this) for that one, so she was wondering if she hasn't closed that show yet either! Apparently, this stinky host has multiple shows going on, so my good host thinks that the guests won't think poorly of me and assume it's all stinky host's fault. She decided to pull her and her mother's orders and put them in as her own show. I added an order for my mom to boost her to the qualifying level. She didn't really want another host special, so she forgo that benefit. I'm going to give her a SB and a shopping bag when I hand deliver her the receipts (and pick up my mom's order). She was so sweet and gracious and tried to reassure me that I'm doing a great job and not to worry about stinky host anymore. She gradually got the details out of me, but I tried to tell her them in as kind of a manner as possible, without really putting blame on the host, trying to give her the benefit of the doubt because of all the stressors that she has been dealing with lately. It was funny, because this good host kept telling me that it is no excuse for just simply not mailing the checks. I am so relieved that this is over. (Well, hopefully it's over and I don't get any backlash from a disgruntled failed host.)

Amanda, don't forget to contact the HO and let them know about what happened with the stinky host. This will give them a heads-up in case the stinky hosts decides to, well, make a stink and blame you.

Just curious... is the "good host" interested in starting her own PC business? She speaks highly of you, loves the product... recruit her!!

makes me wonder if the stinky host cashed her friend's checks? Any word on that from any of the guests? I'm glad you are basically DONE with her!

RECRUIT that GOOD host!

raebates said:
Amanda, don't forget to contact the HO and let them know about what happened with the stinky host. This will give them a heads-up in case the stinky hosts decides to, well, make a stink and blame you.

Yes, I already did that last week or so when I was on the phone with them already doing an adjustment. I gave them a heads up on it and they made a note of it should any customers call saying "where's my stuff!"

As far as recruiting, I guess I could always test the waters and see if there's any interest. But I doubt it, she keeps very busy. Even with this catty show she didn't want to move it to an April show because she didn't want to call people and try to get orders. She's all party'd out. :D

smspamperedchef said:
makes me wonder if the stinky host cashed her friend's checks? Any word on that from any of the guests? I'm glad you are basically DONE with her!

RECRUIT that GOOD host!

Well my good host's mother had placed an order on that show and gave her the check. So when we just entered it into this new show now, her mother wondered what to do about the payment. I told her that we had to do it by debit/credit card because of the deadline today. The host used her other phone to call her mom and I heard her asking her mom if she had written that check out to me or to the stinky host. She thinks it was written out to me. I heard my good host say to her mom that it's up to her if she wants to call her bank and cancel the check but there would probably be a fee. She told her mom that that's why she buys stuff using her debit card because it avoids situations like this where you want to track down a check and worry about where it ended up and who might cash it. Debit cards are just more convenient since they work just like a check.

So now that it was all paid through my good host, if the check gets cashed they'll know it wasn't me. She told her mom that she would let Heather know to just rip up the check. That made me a little nervous that she was planning on calling the stinky host to tell her that. I asked her if she wouldn't mind waiting till tomorrow and just play it lightly. She could say "Amanda called me since I had placed my order with a credit card if I was still wanting it, so we went ahead and just put my mom's order with mine and took care of it. So you can just rip up the check my mom gave you." Or something like that. I just worried that the stinky host would get embarrassed and then lash out and come up with a story against me, so my good host is going to try to be sure that whatever she says, it doesn't sound like I was smearing her name and trying to steal the order away or something.

Did you ever offer her to just give you a credti/debit card for all the other orders? Or did she tell you that all the pmts were in your name? I always tell my hosts that if they get orders after the show I expect a debit/credit card for all orders, I explain it makes it easier for all, and we can be done w/ everything the night it is closed.

chefsteph07 said:
Did you ever offer her to just give you a credti/debit card for all the other orders? Or did she tell you that all the pmts were in your name? I always tell my hosts that if they get orders after the show I expect a debit/credit card for all orders, I explain it makes it easier for all, and we can be done w/ everything the night it is closed.

Since it was a catalog show, I usually let the hosts just collect orders and mail the checks to me. I always tell them to make the checks out to me (because I fear for the time that a host cashes the checks and lies about it to her friends and blames me.) When I first talked to her about payments, I did tell her that sometimes hosts will have their friends pay them and then put their totals on the hosts credit card. But, I do know that HO requires there to be at least 2 different types of payments (either 2 cards, or one card and then checks--with consultant's CC paying those). Also, with the way some debit cards get denied due to large amounts trying to go through (thinking it could be theft or something, or the banks have max amounts permitted per day), I don't like to put an entire show on a debit card. She didn't want to give me anyone's phone numbers or e-mail, so I had no way of contacting the people. I had also told her in the beginning that people can order online and pay by credit card, or call me and I can enter in their credit card over the phone. She brushed that off like it would be too inconvenient for people.

I don't think that's the case w/ the 2 forms of pmt, but I could be wrong. I have closed several catalog shows w/ one credit card from the host...
BUT, I was the one who had the problem w/ the hosts card going through last week, so I can completely understand why you wouldn't want that happening. Wish there was a better solution...

Well get this! Nightmare host just e-mailed me:I had it returned for postage. I'm beginning to think this wasn't meant to be! I will drop it off tomorrow. Are you home during the day?Hello?! Did she not read my e-mail and see that now it's too late? I do not want her coming to my home and knowing where I live! I want to be done with her. I feel bad for her friends who placed orders though. I guess I'm going to e-mail her that unfortunately it's too late now and that the previous host had me submit her and her mother's orders as her own show so she could still get the March Special. Should she still want to get her friends' items ordered, I will wait to receive the checks and deposit them but will have to change out the guest special items as they applied, and she will need to choose a different item for her host special according to the April flyer. I will have to recalculate her show total and see what her benefits are now and go over it with her to make any changes that are needed. I will only accept a CC from her now. (right? or will that be weird since she is mailing me other checks, why not accept hers too? --in her eyes anyway--)

Well, this is ridiculous! It seems like a never ending story with her.

WOW, Amanda. I am so sorry you are still having to deal with.
What a nightmare. That girl has some serious issues. At least her friends know that it's her and not you. And, I'll bet they don't go to any more of her parties anymore!

My guess is that she'll just decide to forget the whole thing. She'll probably blame you, but anyone who knows her will probably suspect the truth.

babywings76 said:
Hello?! Did she not read my e-mail and see that now it's too late? I do not want her coming to my home and knowing where I live! I want to be done with her. I feel bad for her friends who placed orders though. I guess I'm going to e-mail her that unfortunately it's too late now and that the previous host had me submit her and her mother's orders as her own show so she could still get the March Special. Should she still want to get her friends' items ordered, I will wait to receive the checks and deposit them but will have to change out the guest special items as they applied, and she will need to choose a different item for her host special according to the April flyer.

I will have to recalculate her show total and see what her benefits are now and go over it with her to make any changes that are needed. I will only accept a CC from her now. (right? or will that be weird since she is mailing me other checks, why not accept hers too? --in her eyes anyway--)
Can you meet her someplace? I'd usually suggest someplace in the middle, but she volunteered to come to your house, so pick a coffee shop near you and have her meet you there.

I would tell her that the past host cancelled her order. Current host doesn't need to know that the order was actually placed - that's none of her business. If you do meet with her, go prepared with her host benefits recalculated, so that you can help her change her host order.

As far as taking a check from current host, if you're meeting her, go ahead and get a check. But tell her that all the checks have to clear before you'll submit the order, and that can take a week or more.

Well, I just sent this to her: Unfortunately, it's too late now to submit this for a March show, yesterday was the deadline. I contacted xxxxx yesterday since she had paid with a credit card, to let her know that her card hadn't been processed yet and asked if she was still wanting to order her products. I went over her options with her and she ended up deciding to have me submit her and her mother's orders as her own show. She decided to do that because she had ordered and was still wanting the March special and wasn't interested in the April one.Should you still want to get your other family and friends' items ordered, I can put it through as an April show. It doesn't change anything for them, because no one's order was over $60 to get the guest special.I will wait to receive the checks (by mail is preferred, because I will be in and out tomorrow) and deposit them but will not be able to submit the show as it currently stands. Your show total is different without xxxxx and her mom's order. You will also need to choose a different item for your host special according to the April flyer.I just looked at your guest orders and they come to a product total of $177.75. This qualifies as a show, but unfortunately means that you haven't earned any free products. You are able to get the April host special, have a 15% discount on anything else you'd like, and free shipping on your host order though.The way we had it previously set up, you had placed your own order to boost you a level, and I don't know if that still interests you. If so, we should discuss it over the phone so that we can go through it as I calculate your various options. Then you can put your order through using either a debit or credit card.Let me know how you wish to proceed.I hadn't read your post, Ann, before I sent it...oh well. I did tell her about the other host placing an order, because they are friends/related through previous marriage and I know they talk with each other. Plus the previous host was going to let her know about it so that the mom's check could just get discarded. I can't meet with her because I have my kids and no one to tend them tomorrow, and definitely don't want to meet with her during my weekend. You know, it's really funny that she claims she didn't have the proper postage. She works from home as an insurance adjuster. I'm sure she deals with mailing things out a lot. She should know what postage should be. And if it really was the improper amount of postage, it's a lot easier I would think to slap on a bunch of stamps to be sure, than to take an hour or so out of her busy schedule to drive to meet me.I know that was a rather long e-mail and maybe gave her too much detail, but to be honest I'm tired of her and tired of going back and forth. This gives her all I know right now, and now the ball is in her court. I won't mind if she doesn't end up responding or going through with it. We'll see what happens. The other host had tried e-mailing her asking about the show since her card hadn't been charged and was wondering what was happening. That was before I called her yesterday. So my guess is that this stinky host got that e-mail and it's dawning on her that pretty soon her friends are going to be asking what's up. She's probably doing a last ditch effort to get it closed, but who really knows. I'll see if she responds back.

Sounds like you've covered your tushie. :) But wasn't this a live show? I seem to recall that you mentioned people drinking while you were there. If it was a live show, then she'd have $15 free products. Please ignore me if I'm confusing this situation with someone else's.

Is this host stupid or what?
I dont' even know what to say to this. If not for the others who ordered, I'd forget the whole thing and not contact her AT ALL AGAIN.

chefann said:
Sounds like you've covered your tushie. :) But wasn't this a live show? I seem to recall that you mentioned people drinking while you were there. If it was a live show, then she'd have $15 free products. Please ignore me if I'm confusing this situation with someone else's.

No this was a catalog show. Not sure about the drinking thing, I'm trying to think if I've posted about a show with that? I don't think so. Must've been another thread?

This all started from a November show. My good host hosted it. This girl showed up at the end and I had to catch her up on everything. Then she said she wanted to do a show. She and the host always book shows off of each other. My good host specifically didn't buy the scrapers with her host benefits because this host was saying she was going to do a January show (and that was what the host special was going to be). But I was never able to set a date with her. I left several messages and then when we finally spoke she set a Feb. date. Then cancelled the show the day before it was supposed to happen (I posted about this a while ago), begged to reschedule so I did. Then cancelled that March show and decided to just do a small catty show because she had some friends who were wanting to get a few things. Then she would rebook for the summer and we'd do it then and she could get the double host special for the booking off of herself. Then this whole saga happened.

Lose that chica's number! Or maybe not, so you can caller ID her! Mamma Mia...I pray I don't get a hostess like that some day :(

diradt said:
Lose that chica's number! Or maybe not, so you can caller ID her! Mamma Mia...I pray I don't get a hostess like that some day :(

Oh you will Diana, just give it time...LOL

Yeah, we've all had wacky people. Some are just wackier than others.

So her envelope with the checks was returned for postage??

Sorry, but how does an envelope of some checks (doesn't sound like there would have been that many checks) cost more than the standard 42 cents stamp?

Sounds fishy...maybe she didn't even put on a stamp!

Around here, if there is no postage it is returned. If it is short on postage, it is stamped "postage due" with the amount. Sounds like she didn't put any at all on it. What a dork! Hope you get rid of her soon!

pcchefjane said:
Around here, if there is no postage it is returned. If it is short on postage, it is stamped "postage due" with the amount. Sounds like she didn't put any at all on it. What a dork! Hope you get rid of her soon!

Used to be that way around here, but now, it just gets returned.

But I also question if it was ever stamped...or even ever mailed, at this point.

At this point I wouldn't believe a word she said, one excuse after another.

I guess this will go down in history as the worst scenario with a host.. I can't believe it is still going on....I am so sorry. As soon as you can -lose the witch with a "b". I still insist that her friends know exactly how she is.... I would be tempted to talk with the original host to see if she knows phone numbers etc... to get in touch with everyone.. and also to let her know what's up. She will know by how you handled her party that it is not you!!!

gingertannery said:
I guess this will go down in history as the worst scenario with a host.. I can't believe it is still going on....I am so sorry. As soon as you can -lose the witch with a "b". I still insist that her friends know exactly how she is.... I would be tempted to talk with the original host to see if she knows phone numbers etc... to get in touch with everyone.. and also to let her know what's up. She will know by how you handled her party that it is not you!!!

I did speak with her and when she told me about how this host had also just hosted a jewelry party 3 weeks before this and that payment hadn't been processed by her bank yet, she was onto her friend. She was a little less forgiving than me on the phone. I was really trying to be kind and trying to come off as giving the bad host the benefit of the doubt, saying that I know she had a lot of family issues and stress going on and I wasn't sure exactly what was the root of the problem, but all I had to go by was what she had been telling me. The good host said that the bad host was to blame and that she had been coming up with excuses that have no bearing on things...after all, all the bad host had to do was stick the checks in the mail.

When I spoke with the good previous host about what she wanted to do with her order, she mentioned how her mom had placed an order. Then it hit me to ask her if she by any chance knew any of the other guests. I read off the names and she said they were all the bad host's family and one close friend and she didn't have their info for me.

The good host really was sweet and was appreciate of my efforts. And as it turns out, I just got notified that HO just shipped her order. So her stuff is going to arrive so fast from when we submitted it, I think she's going to be so happy. Meanwhile bad host is still sitting on the checks...

Amanda, I just want to say, you deserve an award for dealing with all of this.:thumbup:

BlessedWifeMommy said:
Amanda, I just want to say, you deserve an award for dealing with all of this.:thumbup:

:blushing: Aw, shucks. That's very sweet of you! :D

I'm just so glad that not every host is like this! I just was treated to a phone call last night from a past host who is so dear and genuine. I had contacted her last month to see if she wanted to rebook before her 6 months was up, she asked me to send her a new catalog and some info and she'd take a look at it. Then she said how she would do a catty show maybe, but not a cooking show because her mother just passed away due to cancer. I felt terrible. Her mother was so sweet, and actually we held the show at her house. It was only in November and she seemed so healthy. It just crushed me to hear the news. My host was so close to her mother, so now she is mourning the loss of her mom as a dear friend as well. I told her how sorry I was and we talked for a while. I apologized for calling about PC stuff at such an inappropriate time, but she insisted that I not feel bad, that she was the one who asked me to send her a catalog, that it was okay. So sweet, her trying to make me feel better!

I sent her out a catalog with some flyers of the specials and such, along with info about HWC. I also sent her a condolences card and wrote a note to her. I sent it a couple weeks ago and decided I would not call her. I didn't want her to think I was tacky and insensitive and only wishing to get sales from her. I figured what will be, will be. Well, she just called me last night and asked if I could send her some more catalogs and such and that as soon as her friends heard she had a catalog they all pounced on her. She's going to give away the benefits to her niece who is just starting out on her own and has a bare kitchen. Her friends heard that and so they all REALLY want to order stuff now to boost the sales for her. It really made my day! :)

So stinky host saga isn't getting me down! :D Business is still out there for me, and there are nice hosts to work with and I will find them! :)

See, Karma does work and it doesn't always have to be bad. You treated bad host with kindness and dignity and now you have been rewarded because you are a good person.

babywings76 said:
So stinky host saga isn't getting me down! :D Business is still out there for me, and there are nice hosts to work with and I will find them! :)

That's the attitude!! The stinkers out there are actually a minority. It just feels like there are a lot of them because they're so draining to deal with.

This has "bless and release" written all over it. The hostess is immature, starstruck with all that she can/could/might (won't) get for free. She is also in fantasy-land not treating yours (or sounds like the jewelry show either) as a business. Does she think her "guests" are going to put up with this? Or that they are so dense she can just lie to them? What goes around comes around.No offense intended, but this also points to host coaching. If you had 3 contacts with her before giving her catalogs and order forms, she would know better to close within 3 days of her show deadline. The wording, "this is my business and your friends become my customers the moment they hand you their payment - so we become business partners. Let's discuss how you can get the most benefit from our partnership, OK?" is golden...You gave her a firm deadline. Next I would show her the door - "no,Maddie Badhost, I am unable to process this order as I said. The fifteenth as come and gone, despite several missed steps for payments to be received" That you already are going to make her mad, choose where to go from there...High road. "If we were to pick this up as if the show occurred today, we could discuss making it an April show. Again, payment needs to be made prior to orders going in. We would have to discuss how these customers will be informed of the delay as well."Middle road. "I am willing to submit this but doubt the home office will accept it as a March show any longer. In the two conversations with them I have already had about this show, they reminded me of the 15th cutoff date. What are your friends expecting for their order?"Rocky road. "I cannot accept this show. You knew my clear expectations and were either unwilling or unable to comply after repeated attempts on my part. The circumstances under which payments were finally received places me at risk with each customer, and in light of all of that my husband's and my reputation were hurt. The Pampered Chef home office agrees that you will need to find another consultant. Good Day! Turn and walk away."

<h2>1. How long has this saga with your nightmare host been going on?</h2><p>The saga with this particular host has been ongoing since February. It started as a February show, then became a March show, and finally turned into a March catalog show.</p><h2>2. What happened after the show was supposed to close?</h2><p>After the show was supposed to close, the host requested an extra week and then needed another week to enter all the orders. The host also mentioned having all the checks from her friends and would mail them the next day.</p><h2>3. Did the host follow through with mailing the checks?</h2><p>The host claimed to have mailed the checks two days ago, but as of today, they still have not arrived. The host also mentioned waiting for two more checks before mailing them out. </p><h2>4. What did you do after realizing the checks had not arrived?</h2><p>After realizing that the checks had not arrived, you emailed the host to inform her and offer alternative payment options. You also expressed concern that the checks may have gotten lost in the mail and asked if you had the correct address.</p><h2>5. Did the host respond to your email?</h2><p>As of [date], the host has not responded to your email regarding the missing checks and alternative payment options. It is also worth noting that the host recently had a purse party and may have been preoccupied with planning and hosting that event.</p>

1. How long has this saga with your nightmare host been going on?

The saga with this particular host has been ongoing since February. It started as a February show, then became a March show, and finally turned into a March catalog show.

2. What happened after the show was supposed to close?

After the show was supposed to close, the host requested an extra week and then needed another week to enter all the orders. The host also mentioned having all the checks from her friends and would mail them the next day.

3. Did the host follow through with mailing the checks?

The host claimed to have mailed the checks two days ago, but as of today, they still have not arrived. The host also mentioned waiting for two more checks before mailing them out.

4. What did you do after realizing the checks had not arrived?

After realizing that the checks had not arrived, you emailed the host to inform her and offer alternative payment options. You also expressed concern that the checks may have gotten lost in the mail and asked if you had the correct address.

5. Did the host respond to your email?

As of [date], the host has not responded to your email regarding the missing checks and alternative payment options. It is also worth noting that the host recently had a purse party and may have been preoccupied with planning and hosting that event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Diamond
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
bellakieu
  • chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • Jolie_Paradoxe