• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is This the Most Chaotic Host Show Ever?

In summary, the host's aunt died and she had to reschedule the show. The show took place on December 5, but the host's aunt's funeral was that same day. The host asked the participant to reschedule for December 12, which was fine. However, on December 12, the participant showed up to the show and the host told the participant that she would combine orders because she had promised to pay the participants' shipping costs. The participant told the host that the orders needed to be submitted by December 20, and the host agreed to submit them. However, the host failed to pay the participant, and the participant is owed $186.
Sooner PC
OK - I had a show in December. It was scheduled for Dec 5. The host was super excited and I got to cook in the Home Ec room at a high school. Well she called and said that her aunt had died and the funeral was that day and could we reschedule for Dec 12. I said that was fine.

On Dec 12 - I show up - do the show and it was alot of fun. The host wanted to combine orders because she had told them that she would pay their shipping (which i thought was rediculous) She was doing this to get the free cookbooks for the Home Ec room - so I let her. I told her that we needed to really push to get the show closed because her order HAD to arrive by Dec 20.

So - I left the school and the host with the orders and gave the host her total. She was going to call me later that night with her order and I told her I would submit as soon as she called. Well - at 10:30 pm she called and said she fell asleep and hadn't looked at the catalog - but she would call me the next morning. I told her that was OK and I would go home on my lunch hour and submit.

She calls the next morning (Dec 13) - I get the order - and I go home at noon to submit the order. I have to call her back to get the address she wants it shipped to (she wanted it sent to her work not home) I give her the total she owes and she says she will drop a check in the mail. I know what you guys are thinking - but I have never had a host not pay me AND she had been at 3 other show with host who have hosted multiple shows. Her balance is $186.00.

I give the check a couple of days to get to me - no check on the 15th, no check on the 18th - Well - the 20th she calls and her order hasn't arrived. She is LIVID! Some how - and I don't know how - when I submitted her show - it went through with her home address. I had changed her address everywhere to the school address - Now she was really ticked. It was the last day of school, teachers wanted their orders, her ex husband steals her packages from her porch . . . you name it. I told her - I will drive to your town and help deliver everything if needed. (it is over an hour away)

Well - she calms down - gets her stuff and delivers it. She is leaving town on the 21st. I ask her about my check - she says she will mail it before she leaves town.

No check on the 22nd and no check on the 26th. So I call her again. Her house has burned down over Christmas and she will send me a check on the 29th. And there were some items missing from her order - but she will get back with me.

No check on the 3rd - so I call her. She has to wait to send me the check because she needs to collect from a couple of the teachers. But she is mailing it on Friday - No check on the 8th so I call. We chat about things and I tell her I need to get the list of what was missing. She says she will work on that. She calls me this morning - the 11th - the checks were returned because her dad put the wrong postage on it.

Now - I know it is my fault for submitting without $$ but what about the missing items?? She gave me a list of what she thought was missing and there were 2 items backordered - 1 was delivered and destroyed in the fire and 1 has an exception and UPS still has it. I haven't put forth any effort on it because the host isn't holding up her end of the bargin.

I would call each customer - but since she combined orders - I don't have addresses or anything.

HELP!!!!!

Well at least she isn't ignoring you. If you get really desperate you can always drive to the school and go to her classroom and have her write you a check while you wait. She wouldn't tell you no in person and send you on your way(at least I don't think so).

I would call her and make an appointment to meet her and get the check in hand...

I just tried that - would you believe that the mail has already been picked up at the school - at 9:30 in the morning?? At least she is calling me back - but I won't hesitate - if a customer from that show calls - to explain that the host hasn't paid nor did she give me the contact info to get in touch with everyone.

I am going to call PC this morning and let them know - I can't make product adjustments without the host cooperation.

aaaaaarrrrrrggggggg

Good luck and may everything work out in the end.

I just have to say that the title of this thread had me laughing so hard that my DS thought I was crying and told me "oh mommy, its ok, dont cry for her..." which of course had me laughing harder....LOL...:D

1. How do I prepare for my "I Am About to Shoot My Host" party?

To prepare for your party, first make sure you have all the necessary supplies and ingredients for the recipes you will be demonstrating. Also, plan out the flow of the party and have any necessary utensils and cooking tools ready. Don't forget to invite guests and promote the party to ensure a good turnout!

2. What recipes should I choose for my "I Am About to Shoot My Host" party?

Choose recipes that are easy to make, showcase the products, and are appealing to your guests. Consider any dietary restrictions or preferences of your guests as well. Pampered Chef also offers a variety of recipe ideas and suggestions to help you choose the perfect recipes for your party.

3. How should I set up for my "I Am About to Shoot My Host" party?

Set up your space in a way that is inviting and conducive to cooking and demonstrating the products. Make sure there is enough room for guests to move around and participate. Use Pampered Chef's display stands and other tools to showcase the products and make them easily accessible for guests.

4. How do I handle sales and orders during my "I Am About to Shoot My Host" party?

During the party, be prepared to take orders and payments from guests. Pampered Chef provides a variety of tools and resources to make this process easy and efficient. Make sure to follow up with guests after the party to ensure they received their orders and are satisfied with their purchases.

5. How can I make my "I Am About to Shoot My Host" party successful and fun?

To make your party successful and fun, engage your guests and make sure they are actively participating. Encourage them to ask questions and try out the products. Offer fun incentives or prizes for guests who make purchases or book future parties. And most importantly, have fun and enjoy showing off the amazing Pampered Chef products!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sooner PC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Suzyengl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies