• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Venting Frustration: No Apron Despite Best Efforts

In summary, the PC debit card is not charged for at least 4 days or so after it's recieved by the host so you probably could make it to the bank before it's even charged. The Sell-A-Thon is so much more important in the long run because you'll have those items 6+months to demo them. Either submit and trust the host so you can get the apron or just wait it out.
babywings76
Gold Member
I just need to vent. I'm so frustrated. I don't think I'm going to be able to earn the lowest level of SAT because my shows just aren't lining up well, despite my best efforts. I do have a lot of catty shows going on, so you never know, maybe someone will surprise me.

My only hope was that I was going to earn the apron with these 2 shows I could submit. I closed a second show (my own catty show was the first submission) on Thursday, but the host had to mail me a check (a guest gave her one and she wanted to pay with one as well, even after I requested we just do a debit card over the phone to make it easier and faster, but oh well.) She said she was putting it in the mail that night so it could go out the next day. Well, the next day was Veteran's Day, so no mail. But now here it is Monday and it still hadn't come. So I try to call her but she's at work. I send her an e-mail just in case things get too busy today for me to reach her when her DH said she'd be home. (Today was my DS's birthday and my DD was sick and let's just say it's been a CRAZY day with running around, etc.) So I came home and see there's no e-mail in reply. So I try calling her again. I get her DH again, so this time I let him know what I was calling about (he's a really nice guy and loves PC.) So we just finished having our little family birthday party for my son and I come and check e-mail and she finally replied that she's been so busy and just today put them in the mail!!! :grumpy: :thumbdown: :cry:

So, bye bye apron! :(

In that case, I might just trust the host and put the show in.
Your PC debit card isn't charged for at least 4 days or so after it's recieved by HO so you probably could make it to the bank before it's even charged.

That sucks! I hate when I tell a host that we will close with a debit/credit card at her show and then seems shocked when I ask her on the phone later!

Does the host live close enough that you could have the show shipped to you? That way you could still close it tonight - and you wouldn't have to give her the items you are waiting payment for until you get the $.

you'll still be ok for SAT, right , just not the apron? We have til the 30th for SAT?My first SAT, I keep forgetting it IS SATMarghi

If it makes you feel any better...
To be honest, I got the apron and wasn't all that impressed. It's not a shinny gold/silver, more like matte gray. While it was exciting to get it free and will be nice to entice host with, I don't foresee wearing it after my Dec. shows.

The Sell-A-Thon is so much more important in the long run b/c you'll have those items 6+months to demo them. Either submit and trust the host so you can get the apron or just wait it out. Either way your sales will count toward the overall SAT goal.

I'd submit it and I'm sure you will get it before they take it out of your account, esp if you are counting on getting it!

I don't know if I can count on the money arriving. I had an extremely bad experience once with a host who did this same thing. I'm not sure if I want to mess with things. I don't know..

If I do this, how do you think I should word my e-mail back to the host letting her know that the products are now coming to me and I'll need to get them to her. I know she had family really anxious to get their items, I hope she won't be mad that this will slow things down. (I know that seems like a ridiculous thing to worry about, but trust me, some people might get bothered by that.)

if u can get it to her the same day it arrives it wouldnt delay anything. especially if you open everything up and sort for her :)

Dear__________

In the interest of time I am submitting your show tonight and will
have it shipped to me. I will be happy to drop the products off at your home when they arrive.

In my opinion, no explanation necessary. If she calls you, simply tell her the truth--you needed to get the show in and your business policy is you do NOt have the show shipped to the host without payment. She is the one who kept you on the hook. People don't go to Target and get their stuff without payment, you are no different.

babywings76 said:
If I do this, how do you think I should word my e-mail back to the host letting her know that the products are now coming to me and I'll need to get them to her. I know she had family really anxious to get their items, I hope she won't be mad that this will slow things down. (I know that seems like a ridiculous thing to worry about, but trust me, some people might get bothered by that.)

I know it is too late now...but the choice was:

1. Submit on the 15th and have the show shipped to you
2. Wait for payment, THEN submit - which would be a few days later

With the showing being shipped to you - there is a good chance you could get the products to her sooner. If she was THAT concerned about getting the items she would have mailed you the checks sooner.

To me, closing without money in hand (unless being shipped to me) is never an issue. I don't do it. So, in my mind, she would not have gotten the products any sooner since you would have been waiting for the checks.

So, hopefully, you closed the show, had it shipped to you and got the apron!

If she was concerned about getting the products to her guests in a timely manner, she would have ensured you had the payment before now. I'm sorry, but that's the way it is. I get very frustrated when my hosts make ME wait for payment when everything else is ready to go. If they don't want to give me a credit card over the phone that's fine, but make sure you send me a check the next day.

What did you end up doing Amanda?

When I have had shows shipped to me for this very reason, I don't tell the host anything. I just say, well isn't this crazy -- your shipment just arrived at MY house. I'll bring it right over. :D

Sandi

sandilou said:
When I have had shows shipped to me for this very reason, I don't tell the host anything. I just say, well isn't this crazy -- your shipment just arrived at MY house. I'll bring it right over. :D

Sandi

LOL Where's that "like" button? ;)

Wow I am so sorry you are having to deal with that Amanda! What a nightmare! I actually had the same thing happen w/ my show yesterday....the host is supposed to bring me a check today. But I live in a super tiny town and I am hoping and praying tha she comes by, I don't think she would stiff me....She only had 2 ladies show up at her party and said she would order enough to make it a show if she had to....But I always have the shows shipped to me, so I don't worry about that too much!
Good luck girl!

Same thing happened to me. I had two shows cancel for last week. Still had two others, and one told me we could close Monday night. Didn't happen. A little disappointed. This always happens to me on "Apron" months.
It is frustrating, but you don't have a lot of other options. I could've closed where it was and not allowed her to choose her freebies, but I know she will order a lot, and she is my best friend, so it really isn't worth the apron.

Thanks everyone. I totally agree with what you guys have said. I'm bummed I didn't get to have your advice in time to make my decision. My husband was tired and wanted me to close up shop for the night. So I was really stressed out trying to decide what to do. I know it seems silly, and it's just a dumb apron, but it really was something I was excited to "earn". KWIM? I didn't submit it because I didn't feel comfortable covering the over $300 amount. I know that I could've returned the items if she never paid me. But I was just so tired and had such a stressful day, I just kept thinking I didn't have it in me to deal with things. How to word it to my host, how silly I was going to feel getting that apron that I had to finagle things in order to get it, etc. It's too bad I let those thoughts take over. Oh well. :(

1. Why haven't I received my apron despite my best efforts?

There could be a few reasons for this. First, please make sure that you have met the qualifications for receiving an apron, such as reaching a certain sales goal or hosting a successful party. If you believe you have met these qualifications, please reach out to your team leader or customer service for further assistance.

2. Can I request a specific color or style for my apron?

We do our best to accommodate color and style preferences, but we cannot guarantee a specific apron. Our inventory changes frequently and we may not have the requested apron in stock. However, we do offer a variety of aprons to choose from and we are confident you will find one that you love.

3. How long does it typically take to receive an apron?

Once you have met the qualifications for receiving an apron, it can take anywhere from 4-6 weeks for it to be delivered. This is due to the high demand for our aprons and the time it takes to process and ship them to our consultants.

4. I received the wrong size apron, what do I do?

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please reach out to customer service and they will be happy to assist you with exchanging your apron for the correct size.

5. Can I purchase an apron instead of earning it?

We do not offer the option to purchase an apron. Our aprons are meant to be a reward for our hardworking consultants who reach certain goals and milestones. We encourage you to keep working towards those goals and you will receive your apron in no time!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
cewcooks