• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Just Contacted About Setting up a Registry

No, you don't need to attach anything. Just send her the e-mail with the link to the website and let her go from there. :)
babywings76
Gold Member
Yay! My first registry!! Okay, so now what?! lol

Here's the e-mail I got. It's from a past host (co-worker of DH's who moved away.)

Amanda,
Hey, how are you, xxxx, and the family!? Well if you didn't know, I got engaged and getting married in July. I was interested in doing a wedding registy with pampered chef. Could you start setting that up for me or whats the first step?

Thanks

Just wondering what I should reply back. Should I give her certain info by e-mail or send her info in a packet? Do I try to tell her about Bridal Showers, too?

What's the best way, if it's just the registry she's interested in, to get it to be successful?

You can set up the registry for her, go on your website and start to set it up. If she's a past host you already have all the information you need to do the registry. :) And yes, it is allowed to set it up for them> I've done it.

Since she's moved, there's a lot of info I don't know in order to fill it out. How does this sound:Hi xxxxxx!Congratulations! That is so exciting! I'm so happy for you!Thanks for thinking of me to help you with your registry, I'm glad to help you. You can actually go to my website to set up your registry on your own. I could do it for you, but you may want to be the one to set it up initially so that you can input all the little details. It'll have you enter in your wedding date, addresses, and other information. If you have any questions or things don't seem to go through correctly, let me know.Here's how to get there:
Go to www.........
At the top, click on "wedding registry" (it's the on the right side under "my calendar" and "contact me")
Click on "Create a Registry" from the left hand options
Go through and fill in the prompted fieldsMake sure where it asks about if you are working with a consultant, that it has you selected with me (my consultant # is 554095. Where it asks "Would you like us to have your Consultant contact you?" please select "Yes", so that way it'll notify me that things went through okay.I'd love to chat with you over the phone sometime so I could help you decide on what products you want/need/definitely MUST have. Oooh, it's so fun!!! :D

Last edited:
babywings76 said:
Since she's moved, there's a lot of info I don't know in order to fill it out.

How does this sound:

Hi xxxxxx!

Congratulations! That is so exciting! I'm so happy for you!

Thanks for thinking of me to help you with your registry, I'm glad to help you. You can actually go to my website to set up your registry on your own. I could do it for you, but you may want to be the one to set it up initially so that you can input all the little details. It'll have you enter in your wedding date, addresses, and other information. If you have any questions or things don't seem to go through correctly, let me know.

Here's how to get there:
Go to www.........
At the top, click on "wedding registry" (it's the on the right side under "my calendar" and "contact me")
Click on "Create a Registry" from the left hand options
Go through and fill in the prompted fields

Make sure where it asks about if you are working with a consultant, that it has you selected with me (my consultant # is 554095. Where it asks "Would you like us to have your Consultant contact you?" please select "Yes", so that way it'll notify me that things went through okay.

I'd love to chat with you over the phone sometime so I could help you decide on what products you want/need/definitely MUST have. Oooh, it's so fun!!! :D

I've never done one either, but this sure sounds good to me! I will be sure to look back at it when i get my first! :)

Bumping...Any other advice out there before I send this e-mail? Anything else I should include in it?

If you do offer or are able to do a Bridal Shower for her, I know my NED Cluster that I work with locally they like to do the Bridal Shower FIRST - then any items she doesn't get at the Bridal Shower, they put in her Wedding Registry. Because if someone buys something at the shower, it cannot be removed or marked on the registry and so forth. So they give her both benefits. Just a thought...

Well, see, that's one thing I was wondering about. Should I attach one of those information pamphlets people have shared here on CS about Bridal Showers/Registry? Or should I explain it in the text of the e-mail? What would be a short & sweet way to give her the info? I don't want to overwhelm her with info, and I don't want to give her the impression that I'm trying to get a party out of her. She asked about setting up the registry, but I don't know if she understands how it works (how it's like a catalog show and she'll get benefits from it.) I don't have her phone number, so I can't even just call her and talk to her about it.

Maybe you can go with what you mentioned in your sample text email above. THen maybe tell her that you have some other services that may interest her, and if she'd like more information about them, either give you a call, or give you her phone number and a good time, and you can call her to let her know what other Opportunities Pampered Chef offers specifically for Brides-to-be to start their Kitchen off right. If she's interested, she'll let you know. If not, she'll go with the registry.Good luck!

esavvymom said:
If you do offer or are able to do a Bridal Shower for her, I know my NED Cluster that I work with locally they like to do the Bridal Shower FIRST - then any items she doesn't get at the Bridal Shower, they put in her Wedding Registry. Because if someone buys something at the shower, it cannot be removed or marked on the registry and so forth. So they give her both benefits.

Just a thought...

Can the couple edit their list?

esavvymom said:
If you do offer or are able to do a Bridal Shower for her, I know my NED Cluster that I work with locally they like to do the Bridal Shower FIRST - then any items she doesn't get at the Bridal Shower, they put in her Wedding Registry. Because if someone buys something at the shower, it cannot be removed or marked on the registry and so forth. So they give her both benefits.

Just a thought...

I usually have them set up a registry first - I then use their registry to form their wish list at the bridal shower. Afterwards you can go in and remove the items that were purchased at the shower.

How about if I add this at the end:In addition to a registry, some brides choose to have a Pampered Chef Bridal Shower. There's many different ways that those can be done. If that's of interest to you, we can talk more about it. Or you could share my info with your maid of honor or mom or whoever might be putting a shower together for you.

Glad someone clarified that you CAN mark things obtained at the shower as purchased outside of the registry. I always have my brides start with the registry as their wish list.

On CC their is a flyer for The Well Stocked Kitchen, and their are a couple of other ones that go along with the wedding registry as well. Hope that helps!!

mommyhugz1978 said:
On CC their is a flyer for The Well Stocked Kitchen, and their are a couple of other ones that go along with the wedding registry as well. Hope that helps!!

Can you tell me where you found them on CC? I'm looking around but haven't found any of those things yet.

Amanda,

Go to the Managing Your Business Tab and then select Wedding Registries at the bottom. Once you are there you can click on most options without signing into a registry and there is a tutorial as well. It has a lot of information in there. It also has the Well Stocked Kitchen in there that you can look at. When you click on Wedding Registry Home then the Well Stocked Kitchen shows up for you to click on at the bottom of the page under the picture.

I would have the bride set up her registry herself since she is a past host and probably knows exactly what she wants. And then talk to her about a bridal shower to go along with it.

One thing for sure, have her WAIT until March 1 to set up her registry. If she sets it up now she will not be able to add the new products to her wish list for her guests to purchase. Also, the month she registers, she is entitled to that month's host special when she closes it, even if it's six months later.

Because it's up to her and her future hubby to decide what and how many of each item they want on their registry, it's best if they set it up. I've done one and the bride told me it was super easy and really fun. They have to decide where they want the gifts sent to as PC sends them as soon as they are ordered. So,assuming they are in two different houses now, they'll want to have the gifts sent to the house they'll be living in together after the wedding so they don't have to lug everything from one house to another.

Once they register PC will send them a packet with invitations and other goodies to help them keep on top of their registry. They can edit at any time. PC automatically removes items from their wish list once it has been purchased so they don't end up with 10 of one thing when they only wanted 1.

pchockeymom said:
One thing for sure, have her WAIT until March 1 to set up her registry. If she sets it up now she will not be able to add the new products to her wish list for her guests to purchase. Also, the month she registers, she is entitled to that month's host special when she closes it, even if it's six months later.

Because it's up to her and her future hubby to decide what and how many of each item they want on their registry, it's best if they set it up. I've done one and the bride told me it was super easy and really fun. They have to decide where they want the gifts sent to as PC sends them as soon as they are ordered. So,assuming they are in two different houses now, they'll want to have the gifts sent to the house they'll be living in together after the wedding so they don't have to lug everything from one house to another.

Once they register PC will send them a packet with invitations and other goodies to help them keep on top of their registry. They can edit at any time. PC automatically removes items from their wish list once it has been purchased so they don't end up with 10 of one thing when they only wanted 1.

Actually she can add things any time! She can register now and then add when new products come out. Also they don't get the host special until after the wedding when they turn in their rewards.

Amanda, here's what I do. First find out IF she is interested in a wedding shower - couples tend to get much more when they have the shower than in they just have the registry. The registry is great if the person answering the question "what does she want" is a PC fan and directs people to that registry and even then many guests say "I can get that at WS or some other store".

If she is interested in having a shower send her a book and the product list off CC and tell her to mark everything she wants. Then take that and enter it on your website so guests who can't attend have a place to go to see what she wants. Take things off as they are ordered. After the shower enter the registry in so that people can order for the wedding too (talk about that at the shower).

I agree about waiting until March 1 to do the registry if possible. It's jsut easier than having to go back and make the changes.

BethCooks4U said:
Amanda, here's what I do. First find out IF she is interested in a wedding shower - couples tend to get much more when they have the shower than in they just have the registry. The registry is great if the person answering the question "what does she want" is a PC fan and directs people to that registry and even then many guests say "I can get that at WS or some other store".

If she is interested in having a shower send her a book and the product list off CC and tell her to mark everything she wants. Then take that and enter it on your website so guests who can't attend have a place to go to see what she wants. Take things off as they are ordered. After the shower enter the registry in so that people can order for the wedding too (talk about that at the shower).

I agree about waiting until March 1 to do the registry if possible. It's jsut easier than having to go back and make the changes.

Last night, I was typing something very similar to Beth's answer when I hit a wrong key on my computer and erased it all. :( Then I didn't have time to type it all over again....but I would agree with Beth.

One other thing that I would do would be to email her, and let her know that in order to set up a Bridal Registry, you need complete contact information (this is true) and that you'd like to talk to her about her registry...ask her for her phone #!!!

Thanks for the help--I really appreciate it!! :)

wadesgirl said:
Actually she can add things any time! She can register now and then add when new products come out. Also they don't get the host special until after the wedding when they turn in their rewards.

Really?! When I did one last fall, I was told to have her wait until September or she wouldn't be able to put the new fall products on her wish list. That came from HO too. Hmmm. The gal that helped me figure it all out didn't seem too knowledgable so it'd be good to know they can do that!

babywings76 said:
Can you tell me where you found them on CC? I'm looking around but haven't found any of those things yet.

I am sure someone has told you this already!! BUT It's under the managing your business tab and then my shows, and it's the first option on Wedding Registry!

mommyhugz1978 said:
I am sure someone has told you this already!! BUT It's under the managing your business tab and then my shows, and it's the first option on Wedding Registry!

Thanks! Yes, Sharon also helped me out in finding it. I don't know why I couldn't find it at first. lol Sometimes I must just be blind! :blushing:

pchockeymom said:
Really?! When I did one last fall, I was told to have her wait until September or she wouldn't be able to put the new fall products on her wish list. That came from HO too. Hmmm. The gal that helped me figure it all out didn't seem too knowledgable so it'd be good to know they can do that!

You can add and change your registry and I believe they send an email to the bride telling her what is discontinued and that it will no longer be available for purchase.

The host special isn't for the month the registry is set up, but the month they redeem their rewards.

Our registry is so wonderful, I just wish there was a way to get that across to more brides!!!

babywings76 said:
Thanks! Yes, Sharon also helped me out in finding it. I don't know why I couldn't find it at first. lol Sometimes I must just be blind! :blushing:

I sometimes have the same problem when I am looking for something in a quick hurry and I don't see it right away. :)

yankfan24 said:
You can add and change your registry and I believe they send an email to the bride telling her what is discontinued and that it will no longer be available for purchase.

The host special isn't for the month the registry is set up, but the month they redeem their rewards.

Our registry is so wonderful, I just wish there was a way to get that across to more brides!!!

Yes they send an email to the bride and the consultant about those products.

Also they have either 30 or 60 days from the wedding date to claim their rewards.

It's actually up to three months after their wedding date. The best thing for those that haven't set up a registry before is to take the tutorial. It walks you through the entire experience for the bride/groom. It's a great tool and I always revisit it just before I'm going to do a bridal expo so I make sure that I know of any changes and remind myself just how everything flows.

1. What is a registry and why should I set one up?

A registry is a convenient way to let your friends and family know what items you would like as gifts for a special occasion, such as a wedding or birthday. Setting up a registry allows you to receive gifts that you truly want and need, rather than receiving duplicate or unwanted items.

2. How do I set up a registry with Pampered Chef?

Setting up a registry with Pampered Chef is easy! Simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant and they will guide you through the process. They will help you select the items you want to add to your registry and will provide you with a link to share with your friends and family.

3. Can I add items to my registry after it has been set up?

Yes, you can! Your Pampered Chef consultant can easily add or remove items from your registry at any time. You can also make changes to your registry online through your consultant's website.

4. Will my guests be able to purchase items directly from my registry?

Yes, they can! Your registry link will direct them to your consultant's website where they can purchase items directly. Your consultant will take care of the rest, including gift wrapping and delivery.

5. Can I earn rewards or discounts on items purchased from my registry?

Yes, you can! As a host of a Pampered Chef registry, you can earn host rewards and discounts on items purchased from your registry. Your consultant will provide you with all the details and help you maximize your rewards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
Tams
  • straitfan
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg