• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trying to Close Show, How Many Times Do I Call?

In summary, the catalog host said she had the orders, but has not sent them yet. She says she will e-mail them to the person on Sat. the 24th, but has not done so yet. The person is worried that she will not get her products and has called her multiple times.
babywings76
Gold Member
I did a show on the 16th. The host wanted to keep it open a week. Then she said she has orders, but the people don't want me to cash their checks till the 30/31st. I said that if she gets me everything and I have it all set to go, I will then deposit and submit on the 30 or 31st. Well then she said that she would e-mail me the orders on Sat. the 24th so I could total them for her and she would collect the money from the girls when she saw them at work on Sunday. Well, she never e-mailed me. Sunday I e-mailed her to see if everything was okay, if she still needed me to help her with the calculations and if there was anything I could do. No word. Monday I call her and she said that she had the orders and would work on them that night and e-mail me. I still haven't gotten them. Now, do I pester her tonight or give her some room and call her tomorrow evening if I still haven't gotten anything? I hear the clock ticking away as the end of the month approaches, and she is making me nervous.

My catalog host was also supposed to call me or e-mail me her orders by today. Nothing so far. I plan to call her tonight.

UGGG! Sorry if this is too much of a vent! But really, I do wonder how much I should press hosts, if they say they'll get me info by a certain time and I dont' get it, do I give them more time or call them?

I think I'd leave a message reminding her that the people who have placed orders are waiting for their products. I'd add that if I don't hear from her by the 30th, I'll deposit the checks I have, process those orders, and pick out free product for her.

raebates said:
I think I'd leave a message reminding her that the people who have placed orders are waiting for their products. I'd add that if I don't hear from her by the 30th, I'll deposit the checks I have, process those orders, and pick out free product for her.

I agree - just make sure you still sound cheerful (and not at all affected or irritated by her rudeness);)

Oh I wish I could do that... however I have $0 entered for the catalog show host (except the previous host's order), and the Cooking show host is at less than $100! So they don't qualify and I am desperate for their orders that they supposedly have gathered. :(

My guess is that hearing that someone else will be picking out her free stuff would light a fire under her tushie.

You could still say that because you could always combine them into one single show submission

Tell her also that currently she does not have a "qualifying show" and if you don't get all the orders, you will have to combine shows and she may not get what she wants as her Host Special...

Not to mention you don't get the 4.25/ per order shipping- its by total. I'd call her again, remind her it takes a week or so to get the items even after you turn it in. she's already putting people two weeks out from their items. gently remind her- it is YOUR name that people associate with the timeline- not hers.

1. How often should I follow up with potential customers to close a show?

It is recommended to follow up with potential customers at least three times before the show's closing date. This gives them enough time to make a decision and also shows your dedication to helping them with their purchase.

2. Should I only call potential customers or should I also send emails?

It's best to use a combination of both calls and emails to follow up with potential customers. This allows for different communication preferences and increases the chances of getting a response.

3. How do I know when it's time to stop following up and move on?

If a potential customer has not responded after multiple attempts, it may be time to move on and focus on other leads. However, you can always try reaching out one last time before completely giving up.

4. Is it better to follow up during the week or on weekends?

It's recommended to follow up during the week, as people are typically more responsive during their work week. However, if you have a customer who has specifically requested to be contacted on weekends, then it's appropriate to follow up during that time.

5. What should I do if a potential customer shows interest but then backs out?

If a potential customer shows interest but then decides not to close the show, it's important to thank them for their time and offer to keep them updated on future offers or specials. It's also helpful to ask for feedback on why they changed their mind, so you can improve for future customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
milkangel
Replies
Views
byrd1956