• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why do people have to lie about their orders?

In summary, Rennea's host told her that she needed to stop asking for catalogs in order to keep her business, but when Rennea looked through the catalogs, she found that not one order had been placed.
rennea
Gold Member
Man am I PO'd.....Why do people have to lie?? I had a catty host in June who came to me and really wanted to do a catty show. I gave her some cattys and she kept asking for more and more, Great Right!!! Well the end of June comes and well she is waiting for more orders to come in so she wants to do it in July. Well I just now got on the phone with her and say "look we really need to put this in, people will be waiting for there orders". Well it seems she doesn't have any:mad: :mad: WTF!!

She told me she had $150.00 at the end of June!! Why lie?? Why come into my work and ask for me a million times for more cattys. What a waist of my time and not to mention catalogues and receipts:mad: :mad:
I had some stoneware replaced for her and she is going to pick it up in the morning, I think I'll chuck it at her;)

Lol that would be funny:p Tell her you want catalogs she has left back. My hosts have always given me what they had left back, even if it were just a few of the invites. I don't know why people tell lies like that, just be up front.. but it doens't make sense that she would come back and keep asking for more catalogs either... Maybe she needed them for her business;)

Man, that sucks! I'm so sorry that this happened to you. There are some real leakers out there. I would definitely ask for my cattys back. Wow, what a weenie. I've only had one successful catty show. I'm not too crazsy about catty's - only when I know I have a motivated host. (that's not too often!) Better luck wishes coming your way!! :)

So sorry! I know how that is! I had a lady do the same thing to me recently. I never got one order from her or any of my 7 catalogs back!

<<<<HUGS>>>> I'm so sorry! Mean people are yucky! :(

I'm soooooo sorry!!

I have a lot of trouble closing catty shows on time!

I love it when they tell you that "nobody wanted to order anything" - give me a break! You obviously did not try!

I think what happens is that they hear "no" from one or 2 people......and they quit trying. That turns into "Nobody" wanted to order.

But to keep asking for catalogs? What is that all about? If no one is ordering - where were the catalogs going???

So sorry for your disappointment Rennea!

That has happened to me. They give everyone a catalog but then don't go back to see what people want. She probably doesn't have any catalogs left and she probably hasn't asked (past the first 2 as mentioned above).

I changed my host coaching for catalogs shows after the second time this happened to me. Now I make a big deal about why I send 4 catalogs (I will give them 5 at most). I suggest that when they give someone a catalog they say "Look through it and let me know what you want to get by tomorrow. I'll need the catalog back tomorrow so that I can pass it on to someone else." That has helped a lot. They are now "getting" it better.

I also tell hosts and guests that I am happy to give away my catalogs but I just ask that if they are finished with it please don't throw it away. Leave it somewhere that someone else might find it. They usually wink and say "totally understand".:p (I also remind them that there are recipes in there.)

One thing that I've found to help is a note on the front. I usually use a note from The Booster (http://www.thebooster.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=3075) that indicates the catalog is for a show, with close date and expected date of product delivery.

Some other people I know type up a routing form, like those found in many offices. They have a list of people (like the guest list). Tape it to the front of a large envelope, big enough to fit the catalog in. Then people can look at the book, take an order form out of the envelope, put their completed order AND PAYMENT into the envelope, corss their name off the list and pass it to the next person.

ChefBeckyD said:
But to keep asking for catalogs? What is that all about? If no one is ordering - where were the catalogs going???

I have a freind, a past consultant, who aks for catalogs, and then a week later asks for more, and again a week later, I went through an entire pack of 25 for the last show that we ended up not holding. She misplaces the catalog and it is easier to ask me for more then it is to look for them. From now on she gets no more than 2 catalogs a month tops. LOL. I"m learning.

tlennhoff said:
I have a freind, a past consultant, who aks for catalogs, and then a week later asks for more, and again a week later, I went through an entire pack of 25 for the last show that we ended up not holding. She misplaces the catalog and it is easier to ask me for more then it is to look for them. From now on she gets no more than 2 catalogs a month tops. LOL. I"m learning.
Those are the folks you get to, um... lie to. Tell them that you're out and waiting for a supply order to come in. You can mail them some in 2 weeks. They'll find their misplaced copies pretty darn fast.

chefann said:
Those are the folks you get to, um... lie to. Tell them that you're out and waiting for a supply order to come in. You can mail them some in 2 weeks. They'll find their misplaced copies pretty darn fast.

I tried that. Given in the end there have not been any orders she is clearly not as motivated for free product as she thinks.

I think that people are so used to getting unsolicited catalogs in the mail that they forget they cost something to produce. And that we have to pay for them.

chefann said:
I think that people are so used to getting unsolicited catalogs in the mail that they forget they cost something to produce. And that we have to pay for them.

LOL, she was a consultant so she knows...

OK- you got me there.

Can we just peg her as an idiot?

chefann said:
OK- you got me there.

Can we just peg her as an idiot?

I tend to be nicer, scatterbrained and forgetful. :p

In March I got bookings from hairdressers in the same pricey salon (Meaning they earn $$ when an apppointment is held) :) They won't let me send invites because they are inviting each other and handing out the invites to their clients and family.

2 of them have EACH canceled their cooking show the night before TWICE. (rescheduling different months, requiring more oof etc.)

I am so sick of these people, 1 DID collect $100 in orders in JUNE but she will not return my emails, phone calls or acknowledge my postcards when I reach her cell phone we always have a bad connection her second show she had to cancel 3 days before because she realized it was 2 days after her daughters wedding!!! (not her first wedding and she was married by the JP... nothing wrong with that I just mean no big hoopla to be exhausted over, rental things to return or out of town guests etc )

I've tried to think of a nice way to tell them it is like me scheduling them for a full treatment and then not showing.... & when I ask about their guests "they've already called and told them the show was canceled"
Translated to I never intended on doing it in the first place and never invited anyone.

"Hi Sucky Hostess, this is Consultant. Since you're coming over tomorrow to get your piece of stoneware, please bring with you all of those PC catalogs I gave you when you were supposed to be collecting orders for your catalog show. They cost me quite a bit of money and since your catalog show didn't make me any money, I really need to get them back. Thanks a bunch! <insert big sweet smile>"

Carolyn, I LOVE it! Too bad I'm too much of a chicken to actually use that. :)

ChefBeckyD said:

Hmmm.. wondering the same thing!!! She still hasn't come to pick up her stoneware today.

I do a ton of catty shows, that is what most of mine are. Don't seem to have a problem with them but I did break my rule about going over the cut off date.:rolleyes:

dannyzmom said:
"Hi Sucky Hostess, this is Consultant. Since you're coming over tomorrow to get your piece of stoneware, please bring with you all of those PC catalogs I gave you when you were supposed to be collecting orders for your catalog show. They cost me quite a bit of money and since your catalog show didn't make me any money, I really need to get them back. Thanks a bunch! <insert big sweet smile>"

Ah priceless:D

dannyzmom said:

Really, Carolyn? I'd think you'd be more direct. ;)

rennea said:
Man am I PO'd.....Why do people have to lie?? I had a catty host in June who came to me and really wanted to do a catty show. I gave her some cattys and she kept asking for more and more, Great Right!!! Well the end of June comes and well she is waiting for more orders to come in so she wants to do it in July. Well I just now got on the phone with her and say "look we really need to put this in, people will be waiting for there orders". Well it seems she doesn't have any:mad: :mad: WTF!!

She told me she had $150.00 at the end of June!! Why lie?? Why come into my work and ask for me a million times for more cattys. What a waist of my time and not to mention catalogues and receipts:mad: :mad:
I had some stoneware replaced for her and she is going to pick it up in the morning, I think I'll chuck it at her;)

I know how you feel. Welcome to my world! Every single catalog show that I have had has ended up costing me in the long run. They are usually long distance ones so I have to pay for shipping the catalogs, OOF's, etc. only to hear "nobody wanted to order" GRRRR.

Related to Why do people have to lie about their orders?

What is "My "Host" Vent for the Day"?

"My "Host" Vent for the Day" is a special feature of Pampered Chef parties where the host gets to choose a product they want to receive for free.

How does "My "Host" Vent for the Day" work?

During the party, the host can choose any product from the Pampered Chef catalog that they would like to receive for free. The cost of the chosen product will be deducted from their total party sales.

Can the host choose any product for "My "Host" Vent for the Day"?

Yes, the host can choose any product from the Pampered Chef catalog, as long as it is within their budget. However, some exclusions may apply for certain promotional or seasonal products.

When can the host use "My "Host" Vent for the Day"?

The host can use their "My "Host" Vent for the Day" benefit during the party they are hosting. The chosen product will be shipped directly to the host along with the rest of their party order.

Is "My "Host" Vent for the Day" available for online parties?

Yes, the host can still take advantage of "My "Host" Vent for the Day" during an online party. They can choose their free product and it will be shipped to them along with the rest of their party order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Miss Cori
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BlessedWifeMommy
  • BethCooks4U