• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help My Hostess Keeps Telling People

but in the end, they usually do. I would try to talk to her gently and see if she would be open to sending the invites out again. If she is not, then I would try to get a refund from her.
Miss Cori
They can come to her party and dont have to order anything.

This is my second show and my mom and her best friend (a lady I work with and know very well) are cohosting a show. Well I asked the other lady if she had made a guest list. And she keeps naming off people "well lynn can come but I told her to just come and eat she didnt have to buy anything, and tina will come but I told her she didnt have to buy anything either."

WTF not to mention I gave her the pack of 40 invitations and she isnt going to send them. Would it be rude to ask for them back if she isnt going to send them. Im so pissed. Can anyone help me think of something to say nicely so she will stop telling people that. This wont even qualify as a show if I am just catering her party.:mad: :mad: :mad:

It's okay...people will buy.

If she didn't use the invites, I would definitely ask for them back. I always ask my hostesses for the packet I gave them and take everything back that they didn't use.

Reminder her during you next host coaching call to look at the chart for hostess benefits and gently remind her that they start at $150 for a cooking show. Her guests only get $4 shipping if it part of a show not if it is individual orders

Maybe its her way of taking pressure off of people. To be honest, when I hosted (before I "got it") I told people the same thing. I'm sure my director would cringe to hear that. LOL But, I think I had a $900 show. It was a great show and people loved the relaxed atmosphere. Don't worry, most people, other than me, get how this stuff works! She may even become a consultant like I did after I relized how it works.

I think I had one person not buy, and I know her situation at the time was tough, but I still wanted her to see the products so she could buy in the future.

I hate going where you feel pressure to buy. I go and don't buy things ALL the time, but I like getting together with my buddies. I don't mind when people don't buy, either, as long as the show qualifies...I think half the battle, though, is getting them in the door. If they come, they will buy!!

I wouldn't sweat it either, if people come they will buy...

I can't remember who now but one of the SED went to a show with no money (even in bankruptcy) just to get out. She eventually found the money to start and now is that high up wouldn't you be happy if you had someone not order but sign. So no order doesn't mean nothing will come to you in the future.

The products will sell themselves! If people feel like they aren't obligated to buy, more than likely they will feel at ease with freedom to buy. Crazy how that works but it does! I've had hosts say that also but always wind up with a successful show.

I have actually told my some of my hosts to do that, when they say something to the effect of "all my friends are poor". You never know what people will put a value on, and it's our job to do just that. Usually, it's the ones who have money issues who see the value of what we offer.

HTH!

When I was hosting I always told people to "Come. Have a good time. You'll eat some good food and talk to a bunch of friends. You don't have to buy a thing."I don't think I ever had a show under $500. I'm pretty sure I had a few much higher than that. I just didn't want anyone to stay away because they couldn't buy. Besides, as a consultant, I now know that many of those people wind up booking shows.

I agree- I tell my guests this when I have other DS parties and still make out okay...

My last host did that and one lady spent $100 herself without the shipping or tax.

If she has a lot of people there, have Budget Solutions in your guest folders... I'm starting with the Under $10 List which I'm also putting in my Host Packets so they have an immediate response to "everything is so expensive!" :cool: -2 pages of items $10 or less... ROCK ON! - course I had to stop myself from wanting to order! LOL

A lot of little orders from people who didn't think they could afford anything will really add up. Most of the time, people are told they don't have to purchase but still do as a courtesy to the Host. ;)

Attachments

• Under 10 List.doc
    55 KB · Views: 371
I would rather get my message to a bunch of people, even if some don't buy than to have two paying guests. You could always look at it that way!

I want 12-15 people at every show. I don't really care how many people actually order, but it's important to me to have that many people at a show. My hosts know this. It's really for several reasons...

First, More people=more guest interaction during my show=more fun=MORE BOOKINGS. It works EVERY time. I have a very hard time doing shows for very small, or even very quiet crowds. So, I'd rather have more people there who will all have a great time. So what if they don't buy anything? If only 3 people came I will probably get no bookings. If 15 people come I usually get 3-5 bookings consistently.

Secondly, people who "can't afford to buy anything" are excellent recruit leads, and make great hosts! If they like what they see at the show, but don't want to (or can't afford to) pay full price, then that's a good thing for me.

Just my two cents.

=) Jen

Make it clearI think you should make it clear that $150 is the minimum to qualify. I have never had this happen to me. My hosts tell their guests to come buy, buy, buy and it has never driven anyone away or from saying something like "oh then we can't come cause we are poor" LOL
I mean everyone knows that is what a home party is for. It's not to come window shop, although I had some people take home a catalog to talk it over with their husbands or to get back to me on purchasing a bigger ticket item before the show closes.
I have had some moochers come to the show, eat and never buy anything. Never book a show, never get back to me about what they said they would, etc... It hurts the host more than it does me, and I always stress the $150 is the minimum requirement for a show. I don't want to do a show for nothing. I mean even the $150 I tell them will only really reimburse them for the food they purchased ($15). And they won't get any 1/2 price items until they hit $300. Sometimes I have hosts who just want the host special for the month so they will place the $150 purchase themselves or gather a few orders from friends at their shows for that.
Either way I stress the importance of using this opportunity to try to get as many friends, family, neighbors who they know will buy PC stuff so they can reap the rewards (FREE STUFF)!!
Debbie :D

I hope I didnt make all of you think I was insensitive or only in it for the money. Just so everyone knows, I am trying to get my 4 shows by 3/29 and I am having trouble finding my 4th show :( thats why I really want her to make the 150. I did clarify that it has to make 150 to qualify and I am sure it will. Sorry if what I posted originally sounded kinda rude.:eek:

Oh, no, Cori. It didn't sound rude at all. And as far as being "only in it for the money," this is your BUSINESS! Of course you want to make money. Most of us do. We're just all expressing our different opinions and styles. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/happy0079.gif

Ok thank goodness.

Not rude
Miss Cori said:
I hope I didnt make all of you think I was insensitive or only in it for the money. Just so everyone knows, I am trying to get my 4 shows by 3/29 and I am having trouble finding my 4th show :( thats why I really want her to make the 150. I did clarify that it has to make 150 to qualify and I am sure it will. Sorry if what I posted originally sounded kinda rude.:eek:

No not at all. I took it as concern. I was concerned during my whole first YEAR!! LOL Keep us posted on how it goes.

Debbie :D

Hey Cori,

You are not rude. We understand the stress of getting those shows and the frustration when they don't reach $150. We've all been there!

I wouldnt' stress about it too much.... I have found that when your demo is alot more relaxed people are more likly to buy more in the first place!!! and if their is liquor involed holy cow they really buy!!!

I had an Idea tell me what you think. I know that I am supposed to let people try out my stuff SO since the party was supposed to start at 3 I was going to have all my tools set up in like stations my table is huge. Any ways. I thought for like the UM I would have a bowl of potatos peeled sitting there for them to play with. My Microplane Grater with some oranges. And all my other tools out so they can test them out. Does anyone else do anything like this?

I have heard of people doing this and had good results.

What does it mean when my hostess keeps telling people?

When your hostess keeps telling people, it means that she is actively promoting and sharing her Pampered Chef party with others. This can include inviting people, sharing the party link, or talking to others about the products and benefits of hosting a party.

How can I support my hostess when she keeps telling people?

There are a few ways you can support your hostess when she keeps telling people. You can offer her helpful tips and resources on how to effectively promote her party, such as social media posts or flyers. You can also provide her with any necessary information about the products or party rewards to help her answer any questions from potential guests.

Why is it important for my hostess to keep telling people?

When your hostess keeps telling people, it helps to generate more interest and potential guests for her party. This can lead to a larger turnout and more sales, which benefits both your hostess and your business. Additionally, word-of-mouth marketing is a powerful tool and can lead to future parties and referrals.

How can I incentivize my hostess to keep telling people?

One way to incentivize your hostess to keep telling people is by offering a hostess reward for each guest that attends the party. This can be a discount, free product, or additional hostess rewards. You can also provide your hostess with a personalized party link or code to share with others, which can help track her referrals and offer her rewards based on the number of guests she brings in.

What should I do if my hostess stops telling people?

If your hostess stops telling people, it's important to communicate with her and find out why. She may have encountered a personal issue or may need some extra support or motivation. Reach out to her and offer to help in any way you can, whether it's by providing new promotional materials or brainstorming new ways to reach potential guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• diradt
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
diradt
  • pampered.chris
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered.chris
  • esavvymom