• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Problem: Why Do People Cancel Last Minute?

In summary, Schel's sister-in-law has not responded to an email or phone call from Schel asking to be put on the show and he is considering whether or not to go ahead with it.
schel
I have this host and her show is scheduled Sunday the 14th. Her phone has been disconected for the last week. I have tried every day and also E-mailed her. Not to mention she rescheduled on me already once. I sent her a E-mail to contact me and let me know or I will assume the show will not be.

Why do people do this? If she really didn't want to do the show why waste my time? Just tell me. It's not like I'm going to send the Pampered Chef Police after her. Although I like to think that you all are my Police Partners and I could send you all after her! No just kidding! But really, it really erks me! GRRRRR!

Thanks for the vent oppertunity!
Schel

Have you called the Past Host? (If there is one.)

I have had the same thing... I think that we all have..... bless and release!

I had it happen over the summer, I called the past host and she said that she would speak to her. I also spoke to the host's mother and she said that she would speak to her. Nothing...

It happens... people can be rude. Or think of it like the guys that fell into the manpit.... you know the guy that you went out with, had a great time and then never heard from ever again? I like to think the reason that they never tell you the truth (I am not interested in dating or in this case, I am not interested in hosting a show) is that they are afraid to hurt your feelings.

Good luck! There are plenty of other hosts who really want to have a show for you!

And... if her phone is disconnected... maybe (just giving BOD - benefit of the doubt) maybe there are extenuating circumstances in her life that you are unaware of.... from no money, to losing a job, losing a family member, being a battered spouse. So, say a prayer for her and your business and everything will work out! ;)

Good luck!

jaye said:
I have had the same thing... I think that we all have..... bless and release!

I had it happen over the summer, I called the past host and she said that she would speak to her. I also spoke to the host's mother and she said that she would speak to her. Nothing...

It happens... people can be rude. Or think of it like the guys that fell into the manpit.... you know the guy that you went out with, had a great time and then never heard from ever again? I like to think the reason that they never tell you the truth (I am not interested in dating or in this case, I am not interested in hosting a show) is that they are afraid to hurt your feelings.

Good luck! There are plenty of other hosts who really want to have a show for you!

And... if her phone is disconnected... maybe (just giving BOD - benefit of the doubt) maybe there are extenuating circumstances in her life that you are unaware of.... from no money, to losing a job, losing a family member, being a battered spouse. So, say a prayer for her and your business and everything will work out! ;)

Good luck!

Thanks Jaye,
You gave me a different perspective.
Also made me feel a little better.
Schel

Schel,

Thanks for saying that... that made me feel better! I am having a morning of uselessness! :)

Have a great day! :)
Jaye

I am having the same problem with Sat. 14th!! I guess it may be the date. LOL
I got a hold of her then she will put me on hold for a long time. I called her back the next day on her cell phone and she was in the middle of picking up her son and said that she will call me back! Guess what? She never did! She is my sister n law’s friend. I called my sister n law and asked her, did you ever get your invite to the show? She said no.

letscook04 said:
I am having the same problem with Sat. 14th!! I guess it may be the date. LOL
I got a hold of her then she will put me on hold for a long time. I called her back the next day on her cell phone and she was in the middle of picking up her son and said that she will call me back! Guess what? She never did! She is my sister n law’s friend. I called my sister n law and asked her, did you ever get your invite to the show? She said no.

I guess I would call her and leave the message I left for my Host:

Hi Cecilia,
I need to touch base with you about your show on Sunday. If I don't hear from you by tomorrow 10/14/06 at the latest I will have to assume that you are not having the show. Please call me at work today 763-555-5555 or on my cell 763-5555-5555.
Thank you.
Michelle

I hope I did not sound snotty, I just want to be direct to put across that this is a serious business to me.

If she didn't even send out the invitations hopefully you and I can recollect the host packet stuff back and not be out that money also!

How frustrating!!!!!

Schel

I am having a problem with the whole month. Everyone that I had for this month cancelled or postponed. One good thing, the people that cancelled did order something and I have a show going in, so it's been added to that... so, I am still getting something, but other than this one show this month... I have nothing! November is looking good though! :)

Good luck everyone... just keep asking everyone you meet! :)

~Jaye

She could also not know her phone was disconnected. Could you stop by to check on her?

AJPratt said:
She could also not know her phone was disconnected. Could you stop by to check on her?

I did contact her grandmother who referred her to me. She gave me her mothers # and her mom said she had to change her number and get a new one. So She took my contact information and said she would have her call me. I asked if she knew if she was still planning on the show and her mom said she did not know about it.

So... I will wait for a return call.... I will be positive.... I will be understanding...I will say a prayer...and wait for her call. Wish me luck!
Schel

Good! I will send good thoughts your way!

I am thinking about you down here as well!

Take care!

Someone in my cluster had a REALLY GOOD IDEA! She too could not get in touch with her host, so what she did was left a message on her answer machine "Hi this is susie with the pampered chef, I just wanted to let you know that I will be at your house by 6:00 to set up for our show". Guess what? she called Susie back!:D

That is a good idea...but I would hate to waste all the prep time packing up and showing if I didn't hear!

Think of it this wayLisa,

If you do pack up to go, and are packed up but not going, you will be one step further ahead for the next party!

It may not reward you this time but it will the next!
Optomism, dear Lisa, optomism!

I had a similar instance but mind you, there may be a reason that no one ever thinks of.
Her phone got disconnected and her cell phone number was no longer in service and e-mails came back undelieverable. It turned out her ex-husband was harassing her so she litterally had to run and hide from him. She surfaced again about 6 months later after he was tossed in jail - again!
Sometimes we do not think of those types of things. Actually most of the time. So you shouldn't think the worst, there may be a perfectly good reason. And you do have one clue, her mother said she HAD to get it disconnected.

Last edited:
I had to smile when I read that John! The problem is I FINALLY started using my PC stuff in the kitchen so I wouldn't want to LEAVE it packed up!!

I had one of these for next Saturday. I left the "since I haven't heard I assume it's not a good date, call me when you are ready" messages the other night. Honestly, I was overbooked that weekend anyway and it was a relief. I think I'll also send her a little note in the mail this weekend in case she didn't get the FOUR messages I left, but it was still her voice on the phone so I'm sure she did. Oh well. I didn't really know this gal so didn't have a hard time blessing & releasing :D

Good News!!!Good news everyone...

So after much thought and frustration felt, I picked up the phone and called her grandmother who originally refered her to me. She said,"Well you've probably already figured it out, she's a "ditsy" blonde" and she laughed. So she then said she would have her call later that day.

By 2PM I still had not heard anything, so since I was out and about, I stopped by her house and sure enough, she got her dates mixed up and said oh... I sent my invitations out (this is good!) but for November, not October.
(Ok not a problem, I want more sales in November anyways) So I verified the date she put on her invites, which I had open thankfully and then she said, "I didn't even think to call you with my new phone number!" "Sorry!"

So all in all, I should have stopped by on Friday like some of you had suggested originally. I hope this helps someone who might have this same problem in the future. I am so happy that things worked out and for all the great help on here.

A GIANT THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU WHO SUPPORTED ME IN THIS ORDEAL!!! :)
SCHEL

Sometimes things just happen! I am soooo glad it worked out for you! My first thought was to just go and see... My girlfriend had her phone turned off when the phone company had the wrong number off by like one digit. It was off for days and she didn't know it.

I'm glad it worked out for you!! I had a horrible month last month w/ hosts backing out and one saying she had enough for a $300 catalog show and then I could NEVER get in touch w/ her again. Turns out her cell phone was stolen and she wants to reschedule.

Too CoolSee, What may not pay off now will later!
As long as she goofed up the dates, glad to see she picked a date in the month we all want more sales in! At least that is one more show for your reach for the new products!

So glad it worked out well!

Glad to hear it all worked out.

pampered1224 said:
See, What may not pay off now will later!
As long as she goofed up the dates, glad to see she picked a date in the month we all want more sales in! At least that is one more show for your reach for the new products!

So glad it worked out well!

Exactally what I thought!!
I much rather would submit it in November, being I had to buy all the fall products out of my own pocket! OUCH!!!

Schel :D

Well, the day came and now has gone for her reschedule......:mad:

I get there and knock on the door.... No answer for 3 knocks. Next someone pulls up in the driveway and it is not the host, its a friend of hers which looks like she had been up party'in all night. She says "Cecilia is not home yet but should be soon, you can come in and I will get a hold of her." So I lug all my stuff in along with getting 1/2 way set up and another girl comes out of the bedroom and says, "I'm sorry to tell you this, but Cecilia is going to have to cancel"

So... I pack up and load my car back up and head back home the hour it takes me to get back home, not to mention the hour it took me to get there, and the 12.96 I spent on the recipe, because she asked me to get the ingreedients being she had no time to get them...

I bawled the whole way home. How can people be so rude and inconsiderate?
She not only wasted my time, she wasted time I could have spent with my family at home.

I am having a very bad PC day. I feel very frustrated and sad. :(

Thanks for listening...

Schel

schel said:
Well, the day came and now has gone for her reschedule......:mad:

I get there and knock on the door.... No answer for 3 knocks. Next someone pulls up in the driveway and it is not the host, its a friend of hers which looks like she had been up party'in all night. She says "Cecilia is not home yet but should be soon, you can come in and I will get a hold of her." So I lug all my stuff in along with getting 1/2 way set up and another girl comes out of the bedroom and says, "I'm sorry to tell you this, but Cecilia is going to have to cancel"

So... I pack up and load my car back up and head back home the hour it takes me to get back home, not to mention the hour it took me to get there, and the 12.96 I spent on the recipe, because she asked me to get the ingreedients being she had no time to get them...

I bawled the whole way home. How can people be so rude and inconsiderate?
She not only wasted my time, she wasted time I could have spent with my family at home.

I am having a very bad PC day. I feel very frustrated and sad. :(

Thanks for listening...

Schel

Don't let it get you down. Not to belittle your horrific experience, but it happens to all of us, and we all emphazie (is that spelled right??) with you. I had my bad experience with a host that I was to bring the ingredients (it was one of those "win a free cooking show"things. She called and said she was having 35 and wanted schrimp scampi for 35!! I kept explaining that we don't cater, but she was admanant about it. So I got a ton of fettucini and planned for 2 shrimp a person, spent $40 and when I got there, did the demo, she told me that NO ONE was interested in my products and that I had misled her an I needed to leave!

I just got my stuff together, left her a catalog and said if she ever needed anything, to call, and got out of there.

I told my husband that I had a bad feeling about it, and sure enough, I was right!!

But you can't let one bad experience get you down. That was a Sunday for me, and I went out on Wed and did a bang up show.

Hang in there.

PamperChefCarol said:
Don't let it get you down. Not to belittle your horrific experience, but it happens to all of us, and we all emphazie (is that spelled right??) with you. I had my bad experience with a host that I was to bring the ingredients (it was one of those "win a free cooking show"things. She called and said she was having 35 and wanted schrimp scampi for 35!! I kept explaining that we don't cater, but she was admanant about it. So I got a ton of fettucini and planned for 2 shrimp a person, spent $40 and when I got there, did the demo, she told me that NO ONE was interested in my products and that I had misled her an I needed to leave!

I just got my stuff together, left her a catalog and said if she ever needed anything, to call, and got out of there.

I told my husband that I had a bad feeling about it, and sure enough, I was right!!

But you can't let one bad experience get you down. That was a Sunday for me, and I went out on Wed and did a bang up show.

Hang in there.
Wow! I am not so sure I could have been that sweet. So you paid for all that stuff and she said you misled her? What was she expecting?:eek:

You never lose by giving people the benefit of the doubt. Maybe frustrating for you aand a real lesson in patience, but in the long run better far all.

Ok, I see what my message followed. But, I still believe on the most part give the benefit of the doubt. But some of you have had some real nightmare shows!!! The shrimp thing would have had me in tears all the way home too!!!! The only good thing was it is tax deductible, and you never know- out of all the guests that were there who may look you up for your gracious response.

Oh my, you guys are much nicer than I would have been,much nicer., I would have not left that ladies house until she got back home if I had driven an hour to get there. Not only would I ask for the money for the ingredients that I bought for her but I would ask her to pay for some of my gas because she didn't have the decency to call ahead of time and cancel. And that host you ended up catering for Carol, that is extremely uncalled for for a person to be so rude. At the least she would have been reimbursing me for the food I bought and my service in cooking it. There is no way she was misled especially with all the host coaching I'm sure you did. There is no reason for people to be so rude and they should have some recourse for their actions.

janel kelly said:
Oh my, you guys are much nicer than I would have been,much nicer., I would have not left that ladies house until she got back home if I had driven an hour to get there. Not only would I ask for the money for the ingredients that I bought for her but I would ask her to pay for some of my gas because she didn't have the decency to call ahead of time and cancel. And that host you ended up catering for Carol, that is extremely uncalled for for a person to be so rude. At the least she would have been reimbursing me for the food I bought and my service in cooking it. There is no way she was misled especially with all the host coaching I'm sure you did. There is no reason for people to be so rude and they should have some recourse for their actions.

I know; the thought did cross my mind to charge her for the ingreedients. thing is though, I am a nurse in my other job and the person who refered her was her grandmother one of my patients. Makes me not want to even face her.
Tomorrow is a different day and I will think different.
Thanks.
Schel

Yikes, I have had a host from he**, but you guys, geez, the nerve of some people.

Ugh, what a day. Hopefully things will only go up from here for the rest of the year.

I read your host trouble post what I have always been told by my director is if you call & they never answer & their show approaches leave a messege stating if i don't hear from you i'll see you on this date & time for your show!see you then! they will definately call you back! So rewrite an email stating how excited you are & that you'll see her then!Let me know how it goes-i would show up either way..then she'll kinda feel bad (in a way should feel bad) & will reschedule or collect orders-if you just dont show up you may never hear from her again.and it wouldnt be appropriate to show up on a day other then the show date..does that make sense?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kristina16marie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
  • ChefMommyof3Boys
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefa
  • byrd1956