• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who is responsible for buying ingredients for a cooking show?

In summary, the hosts are supposed to buy the ingredients for a cooking show they are hosting. If the host is a friend of the fiance of the person who is hosting the show, the host may be reluctant to upset the hostess. The host will usually email the hostess a list of ingredients the night before the show, and call them the night of the show to make sure they have everything. If the host is struggling financially, they may bring ingredients that the host would not normally have on hand.
WLMcCoy
How do I let my host know that she is that one that is supposed to buy the ingredients? I think she assumes that I bring the ingredients, and she wants me to make 2 different recipes. I just started selling & the show I went to as a 'training' show, my director's host bought the ingredients? Aren't the hosts supposed to buy them? Also, this host is a friend of my fiance, so I hate to upset her.

Yes, the hosts are supposed to buy ingredients. On your first host coaching call, you explain that part of the host benefits includes an extra $15 in free product value for providing the ingredients and hosting the show in her home.

I include a shopping list of all the recipes I'm making for this season. I ask her to choose a recipe and at that time I talk to her about the ingredients and specific things depending on the recipe she chooses.

I tell the host about the $15 that is added to all cooking shows to cover the cost of food. I let them know, if they want, I will do all the shopping and they can just pay me the $15 at the show. It is a little extra work for me especially with my FT job, but I pick up everything for the show when I do my regular shopping. This is something my director does and since I have started, I have never had anyone say no. I think they are happy they don't have to worry about doing the shopping. If the recipe isn't quite $15, I will pick up a bag of mini candy bars or something to make up for the difference. A little something extra for the guests, then I just leave the rest for the host when I leave.

I actually split the ingredients with my host and it is in the host packet that I give them with the recipe selection.

I happen to like to bring my own garlic so to speak so that I always have the perfect one to demo with -

I bring my own garlic and usually an apple and a lemon if they aren't being used in the recipe so I demo the wedger and the sprinkles, and citrus press and micorplane grater. :p I also sometimes bring pecans to demo the chopper and then take the chopped pecans home and throw them in the freezer.:chef: For the month of June, to increase my bookings I am offering to bring the dessert and usually do something inexpensive. I think it has helped me get a couple of extra bookings.

I tell the hostess to use her recipe as her shopping list. There are occasions that I will bring the food as a courtesy to repeat hostesses.

It depends on the host for me. If I know they are struggling financially, I will bring some ingredients that I think they won't have on hand. So far, I haven't had anyone say they couldn't provide the ingredients.

WLMcCoy said:
How do I let my host know that she is that one that is supposed to buy the ingredients? I think she assumes that I bring the ingredients, and she wants me to make 2 different recipes. I just started selling & the show I went to as a 'training' show, my director's host bought the ingredients? Aren't the hosts supposed to buy them? Also, this host is a friend of my fiance, so I hate to upset her.

Most hosts know they will need to bring the ingredients when they have a show, but just in case, after the host picks a recipe I usually tell her I will email her a list of ingredients, and if she has a problem finding anything just to give me a call. I also tell her I will give her a call the night before her show to make sure she found EVERYTHING. Also, if the recipe calls for something i have in my garden (cilantro, basil, tomato) or something expensive (grated parmesan) that i normally keep in the house then I will mark that off the list or tell the host that I will be bringing those items to help her out. I have not had any problems with this approach, and no one ever seemse offended to provide the ingredients. Hope this helps!

1. What is a Cooking Show Shopping List?

A Cooking Show Shopping List is a list of recommended products that are used during a Pampered Chef cooking show. These products have been hand-selected by our team of experts and are designed to make your cooking experience easier and more enjoyable.

2. How do I access the Cooking Show Shopping List?

The Cooking Show Shopping List can be accessed through your consultant's website or through the Pampered Chef app. Simply log in to your account and navigate to the "Cooking Show" section to find the list.

3. Can I customize the Cooking Show Shopping List?

Yes, you can customize the list to fit your personal needs. You can add or remove items, adjust quantities, and even save multiple versions of the list for different recipes or events.

4. Are the products on the Cooking Show Shopping List necessary for the recipes?

No, the products on the list are not necessary for the recipes. They are simply recommended tools and accessories that can help make the cooking process easier and more efficient.

5. How often is the Cooking Show Shopping List updated?

The Cooking Show Shopping List is updated regularly to include new and popular products. We also take customer feedback into consideration when updating the list, so it is always evolving to meet your needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kylev
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
keynibear
  • lockhartkitchen
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • MrsNetNut404