• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hello- Can You Hear Me Now?? Vent

In summary, Sarah attempted to book a show with a host who did not return her calls. After leaving several messages and sending a host packet, she finally used a different method. Kate has also attempted to book a show with a host who did not return her calls, but has had more success. Both women suggest that, if a host does not return a phone call, the host should assume the show is cancelled and try to find another host.
lockhartkitchen
In the past when a host would not return calls, so I could confirm guests attendance, etc. I would leave one last message giving her a deadline to call me or the show would turn into a catalog show.

I decided to try another method: I got a name and # for a booking from a show. I called 4 weeks ago to get her address so I could send the host packet. I left several messages for two more weeks and finally the host to be left an address. I mailed the host packet two weeks ago, and called to confirm and give her the ingredients. No response. No response...... many calls. I finally used a new method Wed. and said I assumed she got the ingredients from my website as I had suggested, since she had not called me. I told her I needed a guests count and hoped she got all the ingredients, because she would have a lot of hungry ladies Saturday. See you at 11:00.

No response. I don't want to drive 50 minutes to nothing, so tonight I left one final message saying I assumed her show was cancelled and she could turn it into a catalog show. If she wasn't going to do a catalog show, she could share it with someone else. I asked her to mail back my host packet so I could use it for another host if she wasn't going to use it.

Anyone else have another way they approach a no call? oh, I know she checks the phone because she is a minister and her answering machine talks about leaving a message for the home she is selling.

This hasn't happened to me, but I've read a suggestion here before: Don't mail out the packet until you get the address list. Guest list must be received by you at least 3 or 4 weeks before the show date (you choose) or you give the date away to someone else. Sorry this has happened to you. Make sure you talk into the phone with a smile on your face so it's heard in your voice.

I have also heard of consultants calling and saying that they are assuming that everything is a go and that they will see the host at their house at the time of the party. If the host doesn't have any one coming then there is sure to be a call back saying that it is cancelled. Of course, I haven't had the courage to say that! I have just said that I'm assuming the show is cancelled and that I would love to do a party for them in the future when they are not so busy.

That's what I thought too Sarah. That's the new plan I had. I said I was coming on Saturday and I hoped that sinse I hadn't heard from her I assumed she had gotten the ingredients from my website. Otherwise you will have a lot of hungry woman! I said it all with a smile. After no messages and no answer but a machine at 7:00 tonight, I can't leave 50 minutes for a no show.

The best way is to get the guest list 4 weeks before the show. No matter when you book the show, give them a guest list and say "I need this back in one week. This will probably be the hardest thing you will do for this party.". Then you call them to set up at time to meet to switch the guest list for the host kit, if they don't have it ready, let them know that you are happy to set a date with them when they have their guest list ready. Then, rebook that date!Now, I have done the "I hope you got the ingredients and I'll be there at....", but it backfired because the host was in the hospital. What I do is if I don't have the guest list and cannot get ahold of the host, I leave a message. Something like "I hope everything is going okay with you and your family. Will you give me a call to let me know you're still alive? Maybe we can try another date for your show."

I do the same as Kate. I do not send the host packet unti lI have the guest list in my hands.

Me too.. no list... no guests invited ... no packet. No need to stress out!

Do you guys have a special "form" you use for the guest list from hosts? Just curious.

I have called and given the wrong date and time. Freaks her out. For example, if the show is supposed to be on Monday, October 7th at 7pm, I will leave a message that says "I havent heard from you so i am going to assume that everything is fine. I will be there tomorrow (Sunday, September 29th) at 11am with bells on. See you there!" That has never failed to get me a call back.

I encourage people to use the email system along with mailing out post cards so that they can keep track of who is coming. I let them know that host who use this have very successful shows.That way I get to keep track too.

Here is the form I use to get their guest list...

Attachments

• PC Guest List.doc
    62.5 KB · Views: 286
friday said:
I have called and given the wrong date and time. Freaks her out. For example, if the show is supposed to be on Monday, October 7th at 7pm, I will leave a message that says "I havent heard from you so i am going to assume that everything is fine. I will be there tomorrow (Sunday, September 29th) at 11am with bells on. See you there!" That has never failed to get me a call back.
That's kind of funny!

What happens if you have a very unorganized host and they think you are telling the truth about coming on the other date? Calls all the guests and lets them know, they are there and you aren't....that would happen to me!

I suppose that would suck... I did have a host once who wrote me in her calendar on Saturday and I wrote her in on Sunday- and we figured this out HOURS before her guests arrived. But for this scenario- after 10 years, if a host won't answer- she ain't havin' that party. Nearly 100% of the time. I don't think you have to worry too much. But if you really are nervous about that happening, pick a fake date that you are available on just in case...

Hosts cancelling is something I've never had a problem with. Unfortunately, the show never happened. Read my email I sent to her on Host Coaching.

1. How do I use the "Hello- Can You Hear Me Now?? Vent"?

To use the "Hello- Can You Hear Me Now?? Vent", simply place the vent over your mouth and nose, making sure the adjustable strap is secure. Then, speak normally and the vent will amplify your voice.

2. Can I use the vent with a mask?

Yes, the "Hello- Can You Hear Me Now?? Vent" is designed to be used with a mask. Simply place the vent over your mask for amplified sound.

3. Is the vent adjustable?

Yes, the vent comes with an adjustable strap that can be adjusted to fit comfortably over your head.

4. Can I wash the vent?

Yes, the "Hello- Can You Hear Me Now?? Vent" is machine washable. Simply remove the strap and wash on a gentle cycle with mild detergent.

5. Does the vent work for both speaking and listening?

Yes, the vent is designed to amplify both your voice and the voices of others around you. This makes it easier to have conversations while wearing a mask.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Maggievl
  • vanscootin
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • GingerChef