• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Some People!! a Vent but Funny

-a host who is having some legal issues right now and I'm not sure if it will effect her show or not. I will keep you updated!
reba515
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by reba515
In my newsletter i put in the top host of the month (highest sales)
the first time in over 2 years my "top host" emailed me and asked "what do i get for that?"

Um How about $140 in free products , 3 50% off items & cookware at 60% off ??? idiots.

the above was from another thread speaking about crazy hosts

I needed to tell you all what else happened with this host!!
First of all she had a guest check get returned to me (bounced) so finally after many many messages to the guest she finally calls me back says she'll get the check to the host for me to pick up.
Also I had added a trivet to her show (for a friend of mine) but also to bump her to the next level (aren't I nice!)

Back on track, I emailed the host asking if I can pick up my $$ and the trivet on Thursday or Friday she emails me back 4 days later!!!! and says I can pick it up today between 11:30 -12 .....ummmm OKAY. DD had a game so I said I would be there by 12:30 the latest.
I show up at 12:10 she hands me a check but no trivet, oh she gave it away so she just added $12 to my check !!!! WTF !! LOL !!

the freakin' nerve some people have is beyond my thinking!!

But there's more, I get home about 15 minutes later and there's a message on my machine saying its now 11:55 and shes ready to go out and where am I !!!??? well unless she was going to a "Don't bother brushing your hair Pajama Party" I am sure she wasn't going anywhere for a while!!

UNREAL I TELL YA!!!

I shouldn't say this, but I really haven't had to deal with anything like this. I hope I don't because I don't think I'd be laughing. God must know I can't handle that stuff, yet.

That is priceless! Some people are too much!

JAE said:
I shouldn't say this, but I really haven't had to deal with anything like this. I hope I don't because I don't think I'd be laughing. God must know I can't handle that stuff, yet.

I wasn't at first believe me it just seemed with the host it was one thing after another. the whole experience from setting her date to today has been a complete nightmare. Its just at that point of "ya gotta laugh" and throw my hands up (and hope she never calls again) :angel: I mean what else can she do here!!??

I'm starting to wonder about my host for November 13. She's a manager for a fast food restaurant. She kept forgetting to get her addresses to me. I went into her work to trade her the host packet for her addresses. She forgot. I came back a few days later, and she was filling in house numbers from memory? as I was standing there. The line paper that the addresses are on is folded like a note a middle schooler gives to a friend. KWIM? There are addresses not completely filled in. I checked them on USPS and mapquest to make sure I was guessing the correct town. I had to put question marks by a few that I was unsure of. The addresses of a few of the people are in questionable areas. I'm just starting to get away from people I know personally hosting my shows, like twice removed. You know? It can start to get out of hand any time. It's an adventure, for sure.

Congrats on getting away from people you personally know. Isn't it awesome when your business grows? Take some safety precautions:

Print out a form on your computer that you either write, or computer-print and leave it for your family on the refrigerator or kitchen table...

Maybe just print out the first screen of your PersWebSite for the show, or at minimum leave:
Host name
Host address
Host phone
my cell
time I anticipate being there from until .

Questionable areas - mean there are hungry people out there for the opportunity. One of the biggest sellers in our cluster sells at trailer parks. She has 14+ shows a month and was featured in last month's KCN - Sondra Verva.

Absolutely keep your personal safety in mind. At the same time - careful not to prejudge, or you will miss out on some awesome recruits and solid business!

One thing you might consider is a layaway plan like the following: (for big purchases only - also only go for 3 months, not 5 or 6).

God Bless, and Take Care!
-praying for Paige and her family!-

Attachments

• PC COOKWARE LAYAWAY FLYER - good one.doc
    126 KB · Views: 377
I just closed a show yesterday for a host who only had 4 guests at her party, I brought almost ALL the new products bc she said she wanted to show her guests, she got $450 in guest orders, but I had just done a craft show, so I got about $30 in orders I put on her party, she got the add'l orders to make it to $500, then emailed me and asked if she had the 12 guests she needed for the host bonus, that bamboo entertaining set, and she only had 9 (thanks to me I added 2 guests), then she emailed me back and said she thought she should get something bc she had done a $150 catalog show in Sept to get the cookware and how many hosts of mine do two shows back to back. blah blah blah:grumpy: ..I just thought "forget it" and added the host bonus thing to her show and ate the $8 for the product...along w/ a VERY nice email back stating "yes of course! I haven't had many hosts do 2 shows back to back, etc"...what a pain~ Oh, and NO bookings for EITHER show!

I know the feeling.....I had a show awhile back. Tell me she had 10 people RSVP with yes and 2 with no. So I am thinking ok it will be a pretty good show. Boy was I wrong. 2 people show and she had 1 outside order. While i was there another guest calls and gives an order. When I left she had 85 in sales. She did manage to get a few more outside orders to make it a show. Then she wants to know why she didn't get more FPV like the show she booked from....I wonder why!!!! But I guess you will have shows like that.
It just always seems like those types of hosts think we owe them something!

reba515 said:
unless she was going to a "Don't bother brushing your hair Pajama Party" I am sure she wasn't going anywhere for a while!!

ROFL!!!! :D This part just cracked me up!!!!!!!

What is "Some People!! a Vent but Funny"?

"Some People!! a Vent but Funny" is a cookbook that features humorous and relatable stories about frustrating encounters with difficult people, along with delicious and easy recipes to help you de-stress and unwind.

Who wrote "Some People!! a Vent but Funny"?

The cookbook was written by Pampered Chef's own executive chef, Tim Hagedorn, who has over 25 years of experience in the culinary industry.

Are the recipes in "Some People!! a Vent but Funny" easy to follow?

Yes, all of the recipes in the cookbook are designed to be simple and easy to follow, even for beginner cooks. They also use common ingredients that can be found at most grocery stores.

Can I purchase "Some People!! a Vent but Funny" through Pampered Chef?

Yes, you can purchase the cookbook through Pampered Chef's website or through a Pampered Chef consultant.

Does "Some People!! a Vent but Funny" make a great gift?

Absolutely! This cookbook is the perfect gift for anyone who loves to cook and has a good sense of humor. It's also a great gift for anyone who needs a good laugh and some delicious recipes to de-stress after dealing with difficult people.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mspibb
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Janes Addiction
  • lockhartkitchen
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • pc_momof3