• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Combine Two Cooking Shows and Account for Mileage and Expenses?

In summary, the host of a cooking show 35 miles away did not generate any more orders after he combined his show with an open house that only generated $75 in orders. He wants to combine the two together as one show but is worried about the mileage he did for the other show. He recommends either putting himself as the host or creating one large individual order and sending it to his order.
sailortena
I had a cooking show 35 miles away that I only got $80 of orders at. The host never got any more orders. On Saturday I did an open house that only generated like $75 in orders. I want to combine the two together as one show.

Ultimitely I would just put myself as a host since I did that for my open house, but what about all the mileage I did for the other show? I charged two different sales tax rates for each show, and didn't collect direct shipping charges from the one I drove to.

What would you recommend that I do? I want to tally the mileage I did for one show and the cost of all the ingredients I bought for the massive cooking spree I did for my open house brunch.

If you are going to put it under your name and get the FPV I would not worry about the milage. As far as direct shipping, will you see the host, so, you can just get the prodcuts to her and have them all shipped to you as host?

Taxes - was the $80 show less or more than your open house taxes. If it was more I would just keep the difference for having to get the prodcuts to the host.

Do whatever you are comfortable doing.

Since technically you did 2 cooking shows you can probably put the mileage in but make sure to make a note somewhere that you did that.

Sales taxes is more to my house than the one I drove to. I need to see the hostess anyway to give her a Decorator Bottle Set that a guest wanted. She was so desperate to have it that I sold her my unopened box.I could put her as a co-host maybe? That way I can put in the mileage and claim the ingredients for my open house as a show expense? I need to have the show shipped to me anyway since her orders didn't qualify.

Yes you could put her as a co-host, you could also put her as the host and just have it shipped in c/o to you.

If you wanted to charge the customers from the show (not your open house) the sales tax for their area, you can do that in PP. When you are entering the order, you will see a button for 'Special Tax' next to the Sales Tax Total. If you click that, you can enter the special tax for the customer & then select 'Use Special Tax'. That way they will only be charged the tax % for where they're located. The tax should be calculated based on where the items are being sold. So, they were technically sold at the hostess' location. I would put her as the co-host just for business purposes. In case you were to get audited or something, you could be able to show that those orders were sold through her.

Or, create one large individual order & send it to your order, then do the same for your open house.

Putting her in as co-host is an excellent idea. This will also get her the 10% PHD and book her for a 2nd show - maybe she'd be more successful the 2nd time and if she does it withing 6 months of the 1st she'd be able to get 2 host specials.

Related to How Can I Combine Two Cooking Shows and Account for Mileage and Expenses?

1. How do I put this in the Pampered Chef Stoneware?

The Pampered Chef Stoneware can be used in the oven, microwave, and dishwasher. To put food in the Stoneware, simply place the food on the Stoneware and cook according to the recipe or package instructions. Make sure to preheat the Stoneware in the oven before placing food on it to prevent cracking.

2. How do I put this in the Pampered Chef Quick Cooker?

The Pampered Chef Quick Cooker is a versatile kitchen appliance that can be used for pressure cooking, slow cooking, and steaming. To put food in the Quick Cooker, place the ingredients in the inner pot and close the lid. Make sure to follow the recommended fill levels for each cooking method.

3. How do I put this in the Pampered Chef Rockcrok?

The Pampered Chef Rockcrok is a durable and versatile cookware that can be used on the stovetop, oven, grill, and microwave. To put food in the Rockcrok, simply place the ingredients in the pot and cook according to the recipe or package instructions. Make sure to preheat the Rockcrok before adding food to prevent cracking.

4. How do I put this in the Pampered Chef Micro-Cooker?

The Pampered Chef Micro-Cooker is a convenient and quick way to cook or reheat food in the microwave. To put food in the Micro-Cooker, place the ingredients in the container and close the lid. Make sure to follow the recommended fill levels and cooking times for best results.

5. How do I put this in the Pampered Chef Non-Stick Cookware?

The Pampered Chef Non-Stick Cookware is perfect for all types of cooking and can be used on the stovetop, oven, and grill. To put food in the Non-Stick Cookware, simply place the ingredients in the pan and cook according to the recipe or package instructions. Make sure to use non-metal utensils to preserve the non-stick coating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • BethanyN
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • funinyourkitchen