• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Write Off Grocery Store Mileage on Your Taxes?

I always try to include the PO and store mileage in my totals, but sometimes it's hard to remember. I also try to keep a list of the supplies I'm using for each show in a separate notebook so I can track that.I try to include all the mileage in my total, but if I forget, I just tack it on after the total. I also try to keep a list of the supplies I'm using for each show in a separate notebook so I can track that.I always try to include the PO and store mileage in my totals, but sometimes it's hard to remember. I also try to keep a list of the supplies I'm using for each show in a separate notebook so I can track that.
jenniferp417
I'm doing my first show this weekend. I live in an itsy-bitsy town, and I had to drive to the city for my ingredients... I decided that at least for my first few shows, that I'd provide the ingredients as a courtesy to my hostesses.

Can I write off the mileage to and from the grocery store on my taxes? It's 30 miles round trip.

I *did* run some other errands, to make the trip worthwhile, but the food ingredients are all on one receipt by themselves.

Thanks! :D

Yup! Make sure you put the mileage AND the food in as expenses!

Cool! Thanks!

Yep!! You sure can!

Go for it!! I have to drive pretty far to get to the Wal-mart and that is where I get lots of supplies from. It really does add up and helps at the end of the year!

This is an area I'm really bad at - remembering to mark my mileage. I keep all of my supply receipts, but I always forget to mark my kilometers.

I made a general list of mileage. Since I visit the same stores all the time, I made a list of the the total (to and from) mileage. This way if I forget to write it down, I look on the reciept and know where the store was and how much mileage to mark down. Make sense?!??!

You can also use something like mapquest or randmcnally to calculate mileage. Most receipts have an address on them.

I go out of town quite a bit, and stop at the PO on the way that would be way out of the way...I feel bad to count this mileage since it is about 15 miles farther than my local...but I get worried that it will put up a red flag if I count some mileage to the PO and not others...same thing with stores, I pick up supplies wherever I happen to be... What does everyone do in this situation?

1. How do I track my mileage when shopping for Pampered Chef?

To track your mileage when shopping for Pampered Chef, you can use a mileage tracking app or simply keep a log of your trips. Be sure to include the date, starting and ending location, purpose of the trip, and total miles driven.

2. Can I claim mileage for shopping at multiple stores for Pampered Chef products?

Yes, you can claim mileage for shopping at multiple stores for Pampered Chef products as long as the trips are for business purposes. Be sure to track each trip separately and include all necessary information in your mileage log.

3. Do I need to keep receipts for my mileage when shopping for Pampered Chef?

No, you do not need to keep receipts for your mileage when shopping for Pampered Chef. However, it is important to keep a detailed mileage log to support your deduction in case of an audit.

4. Is there a limit to the amount of mileage I can claim for shopping for Pampered Chef?

There is no set limit to the amount of mileage you can claim for shopping for Pampered Chef products. However, the IRS does require that your mileage be for legitimate business purposes and that you keep accurate records.

5. Can I deduct mileage for shopping for Pampered Chef if I am a consultant?

Yes, as a consultant for Pampered Chef, you can deduct mileage for shopping for business-related items. Just be sure to keep accurate records and only claim mileage for trips related to your business as a consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • jrstephens
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sklay723
  • Kelly8