• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which New Product Is Your Favorite?

In summary, the conversation is mainly about the new products that are being released by the company soon. The participants are discussing their favorite products and expressing their excitement about them. Some of the highlighted products include the salad spinner, trifle bowl, kitchen shears, bbq planks, and seasoning. There are also some mixed opinions on certain products such as the Salad Scissors and the new artichoke knives. The conversation ends with a question about the functionality of the salad spinner and a recommendation to check out the new kitchen consultant news for more information.
dollfangs
Silver Member
Mine is the salad spinner that is coming mid-season. I almost bought one from taste of home but decided to wait and see if we brought one out in the new products so I am stoked about that one. What about everyone else?

dollfangs said:
Mine is the salad spinner that is coming mid-season. I almost bought one from taste of home but decided to wait and see if we brought one out in the new products so I am stoked about that one. What about everyone else?

I have the ever-popular OXO one, so I'm not too excited about ours.... I love the trifle bowl, kitchen shears and the round platters! I earned the kitchen shears...can't wait to get those! OH, and I like the idea of some of the bbq planks and seasoning.

Black tool turn about! I asked for that =) I'm also interested in the mix and chop. I really do like dots - very cute.

lkspeir said:
Black tool turn about! I asked for that =) I'm also interested in the mix and chop. I really do like dots - very cute.

Oh, yeah....I'd have to say the TTA and the shears are probably my MOST favs....hmmm..I have to many favs! lol

I am excited about the new scoops--Sur la Table sells some foreign made ones that are AWESOME and our's look exactly the same--they will be big sellers!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the salad spinner. I am glad PC took so long to come out with one because it is the BOMB!! It spins at 13.5 mph and has a brake button on it. It has a small basket for berries (or grapes and stuff) and a larger basket for lettuce and cabbage. Then for your casual family dinners the bowl part of it becomes your salad bowl so as not to mess up any more dishes!! I LOVE the salad spinner. Yes, those of you who went to conference, I was the lunatic jumping up and screaming over the new products! That was me!

the turnabout rules..however since I am new. I am going to have to buy it since I didn't earn it. Can't really have the old one sitting at shows since it won't be available anymore. Not good business practice. Got to have the new stuff....LOL.

I am like "huh?" on a couple of new products. Like the Salad Scissors...ummm why? And the Mix n Chop and the ugly Avacado green Santuko and Tomato knives. But whatever!

It's really hard to narrow it down! I love the salad spinner too! I have been waiting for one and have requested it! That is the one product that I shouted out with Glee when I read it!!! So that is my absolute favorite and I WILL earn it! Just broke mine about 2 months ago and was going to go buy one next month, for my birthday (my Mom sends me money for my birthdays, so I can choose) Now I'm going to save that money and use it in buying my samples, the ones I didn't earn! My other favorites are the new TTA, new kitchen shears and the round SA and I can't wait to see the SA lg round platter because I was so bummed when they took away the other round platter! I told you it was really hard. I am also so stoked about all the new pantry! Wahoo for bring back of Asian Seasoning!! All of them I am excited to try! Have to agree with some though these new artichoke knives, yikes! I don't know, but I won't judge until I see and use them!

I have a question about the salad spinner, how does it spind is it a pump spinner or a turn spinner(if that makes sense) I have a friend who is asking

pump spinner. Go download the new kitchen consultant news, link is on this site! And you can see it! Also it is suppossed to have breaks and be way better than any of it's competitors, at least that is what I've been told!:D My old one you pull a string, let me tell how stupid that was!!! Can't tell you how many times I pulled the darn lid right off!!!!

MissChef said:
It's really hard to narrow it down! I love the salad spinner too! I have been waiting for one and have requested it! That is the one product that I shouted out with Glee when I read it!!! So that is my absolute favorite and I WILL earn it! Just broke mine about 2 months ago and was going to go buy one next month, for my birthday (my Mom sends me money for my birthdays, so I can choose) Now I'm going to save that money and use it in buying my samples, the ones I didn't earn! My other favorites are the new TTA, new kitchen shears and the round SA and I can't wait to see the SA lg round platter because I was so bummed when they took away the other round platter! I told you it was really hard. I am also so stoked about all the new pantry! Wahoo for bring back of Asian Seasoning!! All of them I am excited to try! Have to agree with some though these new artichoke knives, yikes! I don't know, but I won't judge until I see and use them!
Why don't you just ask your mom to order one from you for your birthday? That way you will make commision on the sale too!!!:p

Chef Kearns said:
I am like "huh?" on a couple of new products. Like the Salad Scissors...ummm why? And the Mix n Chop and the ugly Avacado green Santuko and Tomato knives. But whatever!

I agree on the Salad scissors. I did take the Product Showcase workshop and got to try them out, and they were neat. I probably wouldn't buy them though.

I like the mix 'n' chop. The knives are an odd color, but I like it. (I enjoy those pukey colors like the artichoke and mustard yellow thought, but I know they are not for everyone...)

I have to say I am so surprised the tiles paper napkins are still available though!

I am crazy about the dots! I wasn't wild over the tiles, but I think the tiles and dots together look incredible, very edgy and fresh.

I am sure they have a ton of the paper napkins left, and they will probably incorporate it into the outdoor entertaining page. If they are going to sell paper napkins they should have ONLY been included with the picnic stuff!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the salad spinner I use my tupperware one daily, We've worn out or broken the OXO one. hope this bowl is sturdier so it doesn't crack.
can't wait to get the stockpot & YAHOO my oven mitts are back!!
Teresa

While I'm not sure about the color, I think the tomato knife will be a big seller.

I am SO excited about all the new products, but the HWC products are FINALLY up to par this year...Bring on March, I want to earn that apron!!

I'm very interested to see the artichoke knives. I like that color! I would say I'm the most stoked about the trifle bowl because I love making things that not only taste good but look pretty also!

dollfangs said:

Good thing you held out and waited for PC to some out with a Salad Spinner. I put my PC business on hold to give Taste of Home a try, and their salad spinner is one product I ordered to increase my product collection. One word, JUNK. I ended up ebaying it. The only product from TOHE that I was truly happy with is the Pizza Cutter, but for $25+ it better be a good one :) I can't wait to give ours a try and I love the berry feature! Just my 2 cents worth! Oh yeah, and I came back to PC obviously LOL! :D

New SA Dots ( I LOVE All SA pieces really), Trifle bowl, TTA and new colors!

gilliandanielle said:
I am SO excited about all the new products, but the HWC products are FINALLY up to par this year...Bring on March, I want to earn that apron!!

I love the HWC products too! I must have them all and that apron as well!

supergirljennie said:
I love the HWC products too! I must have them all and that apron as well!

Oh I forgot about HWC, I can't wait to earn them all!

Salad Spinner! I asked HO one time for one and look I feel like they listened!
I am sure I am not the only one though!
Salad Scissors? No thanks! I prefer my Santuko for all my chopping needs.

I also like the new SA coffee mugs. I am obsessed with coffee though. I have this need to keep collecting coffee makers also, My hubby has cut me off. Pod kind (Senseo), pot brewed in 3 minutes kind (Bunn), timer kind and grind your own beans before you brew kind(Cusinart), single cup with reusable filter kind.... etc Now I have my eye on the Starbucks Barista. Especially after I get my new SA cups! He doesn't know that though.

I guess I'll have to find a new obsession. Hmmmm...... More Pampered Chef!!!!

That'll work!

Schel

Did PC ever sell a salad spinner before?

I think I read on another thread about one we used to carry that had a pull string!??

hmm that's interesting, so this one is much nicer then!

Personally my favorite, and you all will think I am crazy are those wooden tongs for mid season.....they were awesome! The salad stuff is actually pretty exciting to me. I really like the salad spinner, but could someone tell me why I need to spin my salad.....LOL

I've been selling for almost 13 years and we've never had one that I can remember (not even when I was a customer)

you spin it to "dry " it
you will be amazed at how dirty the water will be after you spin it. (You would probabaly rinse it once shake it in a colander and serve it to your family) . BUT, after you see the icky water I promise you'll rinse it again.
I never buy pre-bagged salads but even they should be rinsed you'll see nasty water with them too.

Teresa Lynn said:
you spin it to "dry " it
you will be amazed at how dirty the water will be after you spin it. (You would probabaly rinse it once shake it in a colander and serve it to your family) . BUT, after you see the icky water I promise you'll rinse it again.
I never buy pre-bagged salads but even they should be rinsed you'll see nasty water with them too.

Eeeuuwwwww!!!!
As my son would say!
Schel

Be_pampered said:
Good thing you held out and waited for PC to some out with a Salad Spinner. I put my PC business on hold to give Taste of Home a try, and their salad spinner is one product I ordered to increase my product collection. One word, JUNK. I ended up ebaying it. The only product from TOHE that I was truly happy with is the Pizza Cutter, but for $25+ it better be a good one :) I can't wait to give ours a try and I love the berry feature! Just my 2 cents worth! Oh yeah, and I came back to PC obviously LOL! :D

Just curious - was it the quality of products, or the company structure or what that brough you back to PC? I have a customer who has talked about joining PC, but now is all gung-ho about TOHE.....just wanted to know how to respond to her!

Until I can actually hold and use the products - it's so hard to pick a favorite! Last season, I thought the mix n masher was silly....until I actually used it - now I use it almost everyday and LOVE it!
I am most EXCITED about the Trifle Bowl, The Large Round Platter, the Salad Spinner, and the Herb Keeper - but I think I'll have to wait to declare a favorite!:D
Other than the coffee, the one item I am disappointed about being discontinued is the vegetable peeler. I had so many people buy those in multiples who just swear by them - and I'm sure they will be disappointed in the change and the price increase. For myself, I usually use my OXO peeler. ;)

I am super excited about the Trifle Bowl because it is the only product I earned FREE!!

I am excited about the Trifle Bowl, the tomato Knife and the Salad Spinner!
And - of course - the pink HWC apron!!!

I can't wait to get my Trifle Bowl - it is pretty enough to leave out and look at! I think the Black Tool TurnAbout will be a BIG Seller and I look forward to getting that too! I guess my old white one will go in my office for pens and stuff. I love love love the dots! I have a tomato knife that I got years ago from a knife company - it is really neat and cuts tomatoes really well, the blade part is serated and curves upward. If our tomato knife is anything as nice, I think it will do well. Who doesn't love fresh tomatoes!

dannyzmom said:
I am excited about the Trifle Bowl, the tomato Knife and the Salad Spinner!
And - of course - the pink HWC apron!!!

Oh yeah - the Apron! My delimma right now is do I schedule my Spring Kick-Off show for Feb - for the double points.....or do I do it in March to make sure I earn that apron???? So much to think about!:rolleyes:

Don't you have to submit it in March to get the new products, or are you just selling old products and showing new ones??

Ok, you all are crazy. I am most excited about the salad scissors! (and the trifle bowl) I have a pair of salad scissors (Called Toss 'n Chop) They are wonderful! YOu use your Santoku to cut the end off your lettuce and to cut it into 4 inch pieces, spin the lettuce and then dump the lettuce into the salad spinner bowl (these products work wonders together) add a few tomato halves, salami/ham, etc, cheese, and chop! add the dressing and cop a little more. YOu will have a perfect chopped salad (i go nuts for chopped salads!)
dump it into your trifle dish and use your bamboo tongs to enjoy! You will love this product!

ChefBeckyD said:
Until I can actually hold and use the products - it's so hard to pick a favorite! Last season, I thought the mix n masher was silly....until I actually used it - now I use it almost everyday and LOVE it!
I am most EXCITED about the Trifle Bowl, The Large Round Platter, the Salad Spinner, and the Herb Keeper - but I think I'll have to wait to declare a favorite!:D
Other than the coffee, the one item I am disappointed about being discontinued is the vegetable peeler. I had so many people buy those in multiples who just swear by them - and I'm sure they will be disappointed in the change and the price increase. For myself, I usually use my OXO peeler. ;)

I love my Mix N Masher! I also sell a lot of them.
Schel

I am excited about the new Bamboo Salad Tongs as well. The design is super cool.

Here is another question- What do you guys think will be the paper napkins of the Spring season?? I am going to be blown away if I sell an herb keeper or the ultensil set...

gilliandanielle said:
Here is another question- What do you guys think will be the paper napkins of the Spring season?? I am going to be blown away if I sell an herb keeper or the ultensil set...
Well, I've never seen or used one before....but I'm kind of wondering about the salad scissors....I just don't get it?! After all, what are our knives for. Who knows, I could be wrong. This season I thought the Decorator Bottles were a waste....turns out I really do like them! They are great for kids and so easy for decorating cookies....I'm going to order another set!

ChefBeckyD said:
Just curious - was it the quality of products, or the company structure or what that brough you back to PC? I have a customer who has talked about joining PC, but now is all gung-ho about TOHE.....just wanted to know how to respond to her!

Hey we are neighbors did you notice that? :)
Taste of Home talks up the business with the "Ground Floor Opportunity" being a once and a lifetime thing. The products are "Trendy" which I think is a good and bad thing, and people liked the Southern Living meets Pampered Chef idea. I decided to try it because of the "Ground Floor Opportunity" thinking where would I be had I been able to do that with PC... and I liked the products, they did a real good job with the catalog presentation. HOWEVER, I was extremely dissappointed not long into my "career" with them. The kitchen products are Junk, almost all of the them, and I say almost only because I didn't actually buy them all. BUT the ones I did buy were nothing next to PC. And get this, their warranty, 90 days. If you buy anything with your consultant discount there is no warranty the product is non refundable. The supplies are also very expensive compared to PC, and even though you get "supply" credit it doesn't do much to offset the difference. The shipping rates are crazy and the time it takes for shows to be filled was nuts. I had hosts cancel on me because after they sent out the invites they had people call them back and decline due to hearing TOHE was junk product or it wasn't their "Style." The shows I did have hold all had complaints about product quality. I addressed it with TOHE and they gave the excuse of it being because they are NEW and still "Ironing out wrinkles." It also wasn't so much that it was "pricey" because I thought it was reasonable for the most part, I mean PC has pricier iems too... I was really geeked for TOHE, but I guess its because I was a PC consultant and "spoiled" that TOHE just didn't cut it for me. Many consultants I met were part of Southern Living and TOHE was better than SL@H from my understanding; but TOHE has NOTHING on PC, NOTHING. Other than maybe they are geared to the more "designer" and not "chef." I don't know, thats just my take. It was a chance I took and if I hadn't tried it I wouldn't know. I literally had people schedule shows with PC with me though trying to "get in" before I stopped selling it. They kept me active through my attempts with TOHE and since I have been back with PC, have shown just as much loyalty as they did before. I know that was a lot, guess I had a lot to say about it LOL! :D

I will know once I have hands on:) I can't wait to get my level one FREE stuff and the triffle bowl..:D

Be_pampered said:
Hey we are neighbors did you notice that? :)
Taste of Home talks up the business with the "Ground Floor Opportunity" being a once and a lifetime thing. The products are "Trendy" which I think is a good and bad thing, and people liked the Southern Living meets Pampered Chef idea. I decided to try it because of the "Ground Floor Opportunity" thinking where would I be had I been able to do that with PC... and I liked the products, they did a real good job with the catalog presentation. HOWEVER, I was extremely dissappointed not long into my "career" with them. The kitchen products are Junk, almost all of the them, and I say almost only because I didn't actually buy them all. BUT the ones I did buy were nothing next to PC. And get this, their warranty, 90 days. If you buy anything with your consultant discount there is no warranty the product is non refundable. The supplies are also very expensive compared to PC, and even though you get "supply" credit it doesn't do much to offset the difference. The shipping rates are crazy and the time it takes for shows to be filled was nuts. I had hosts cancel on me because after they sent out the invites they had people call them back and decline due to hearing TOHE was junk product or it wasn't their "Style." The shows I did have hold all had complaints about product quality. I addressed it with TOHE and they gave the excuse of it being because they are NEW and still "Ironing out wrinkles." It also wasn't so much that it was "pricey" because I thought it was reasonable for the most part, I mean PC has pricier iems too... I was really geeked for TOHE, but I guess its because I was a PC consultant and "spoiled" that TOHE just didn't cut it for me. Many consultants I met were part of Southern Living and TOHE was better than SL@H from my understanding; but TOHE has NOTHING on PC, NOTHING. Other than maybe they are geared to the more "designer" and not "chef." I don't know, thats just my take. It was a chance I took and if I hadn't tried it I wouldn't know. I literally had people schedule shows with PC with me though trying to "get in" before I stopped selling it. They kept me active through my attempts with TOHE and since I have been back with PC, have shown just as much loyalty as they did before. I know that was a lot, guess I had a lot to say about it LOL! :D

Hey - how did I miss that you are from Kentwood??? I'm actually in Jenison, but GR is more recognizable for people. Who is your upline? Sherri Klassen is my Senior Dir.
Thanks for all the info about TOHE - I think you heard alot of the same lines that this customer is hearing - so I can use your experience when she talks to me about it! I haven't seen a catalog, but have browsed a TOHE table at a couple different events, and wasn't all that impressed myself. I haven't felt any impact on my business because they are around!

The black TTA I'd have to say will be my fav. with the new kitchen shears as a close second!

I am totally siked about the salad scissors. I hate having to drag out my cutting board to cut up lettuce and all my salad toppings. It always makes a mess. Now I can just dump my stuff in and use the salad scissors to get a nice mess-free chopped salad! woohoo!
I am not all that thrilled with level 1 stuff! Nothing really new to play with. Just redesigned stuff! Maybe it is just me....oh well...free is free! I also earned the trifle bowl. I thought they were going to give us info about how we can base a whole show around it. I can think of my own ideas, I just wondered if they were going to print anything. Any info on that?

One of the theme recipes is a trifle recipe, so I am sure that the recipe training booklet will have lots of ideas!!

gilliandanielle said:
Don't you have to submit it in March to get the new products, or are you just selling old products and showing new ones??
Yep, If I do it in Feb, I'll push disc. products - that would be just for the double points....in March I would sell new stuff and earn my apron!!!

When you get your hands on a mini catalog (should be one in the changeover box), there's a whole page of pics of the trifle bowl in different situations. One of the prettiest things they had set up was the trifle bowl filled with fruit, set on the large round platter, on the woven round tray. That set-up will be gorgeous for Christmas with some greenery and the trifle bowl full of glass ornaments!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brenda.the.chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • gilchrist_pchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • sizzo