• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's Your Favorite New Product(S)???

I agree. I also thought that they might group together the 3 new knives in the honing cases as a combo 60%. Just a thought.
grinder
knife block
5" santoku
bamboo bowl

and I really like the shape of the new RUFH trivet

I actually LOVE everything! I'm not really excited about the little beaded things to go around the stemware, but that's the only non-wahoo item for me.
Most excited about the 5" santoku---been wanting a smaller one! Also the holiday stuff & the bamboo bowl. Oh, & the grinders too...yeah, pretty much everything;)

OK love so many of the new thing. The knife block is a great idea but the slats are the wrong way. Every time you put a knife in/out it will dull a little and the weight of the knife will dull it's self resting on it's edge.

Last edited:
SassyCook said:
OK love so many of the new thing. The knife block is a great idea but the slats are the wrong way. Every time you put a knife in/out it will dull a little and the weight of the knife will dull it's self resting on it's eage.

This was discussed in the product showcase room and mentioned on stage.

1. This blocks are bamboo not wood so that factor reduces it.
2. Studies show there isn't a significant effect at all. Your knives are dulling more from use than any resting - proper honing and sharpening will take care of that.
3. You should be drawing out your knife properly by gripping the handle, lifting slightly and removing.

The effects of storing a proper knife upside down include the handle not being in the correct orientation to grip properly and pulling out a knife blade up where if you slipped while getting it the blade would fly right at you.

(...and this is coming from someone whose OLD knives are stored upside down...but I understand the new logic/safety).

janetupnorth said:
The effects of storing a proper knife upside down include the handle not being in the correct orientation to grip properly and pulling out a knife blade up where if you slipped while getting it the blade would fly right at you.

(...and this is coming from someone whose OLD knives are stored upside down...but I understand the new logic/safety).

I want say they should be upside down. I was saying that if the slats where horizontal not vertical. That way the edge can't fold.

SassyCook said:
I want say they should be upside down. I was saying that if the slats where horizontal not vertical. That way the edge can't fold.

I understood what you were saying. I was saying I store my old ones upside down. I have the old PC block.

Sideways still leaves safety issues and with the weight of the knives and design, they will still lean.

I figure no one will be 100% happy, everyone has theories on how things should be so they try to do the best they can!

I LOVE how much storage it has! ...room for 2 kitchen shears or scissors...
and hey, not everyone is into having a knife block...

Oh, and the edge SHOULDN'T ever fold on our quality knives. If it does, I'm sending it back under warranty because they are SO much better than that.

Thats why you use the honing tool. It's not to sharpen but to hone the blade back in line. Becuse the edge is very thin and folds or bends out on line. Not like a big chunk folded over just the fine edge. :D

SassyCook said:
Thats why you use the honing tool. It's not to sharpen but to hone the blade back in line. Becuse the edge is very thin and folds or bends out on line. Not like a big chunk folded over just the fine edge. :D
Yes, very true! That was the first thing I bought after my first forged cutlery knife! :) I was thinking folding in broader terms.

I use my honing tool each time I pull my knife out...so the block won't cause me any problems.

I tell people at my show to run it through 2-3 times if you hone it before each use (great habit...then you don't forget till you have used it 10 times and get upset cuz it's dull...) OR to hone it every 3-4 uses by running it through 4-6 times!

Only like 10 of the new products wow me. Which is going to make it difficult picking out a sample pack because all of the stuff I like and actually will use is split up between packages. :( And I can't afford to buy package "A" and not use over half the stuff.....

I love the mini santoku, the bamboo bowl (hopefully will be a great seller), dots trio bowl (not a big dots person but the bowl is cute), the new trivet is the best yet, holiday cookbook. I cannot think of others off the top of my head.

I do not like the knife block. DH refuses to get rid of his and I don't store my knives in it so we don't need another one. Stemware looks to breakable, I can see a lot of unhappy customers and damaged shipments.

elizabethfox said:
Only like 10 of the new products wow me. Which is going to make it difficult picking out a sample pack because all of the stuff I like and actually will use is split up between packages. :( And I can't afford to buy package "A" and not use over half the stuff.....

I think they plan it that way!!!

KellyTheChef said:
I use my honing tool each time I pull my knife out...so the block won't cause me any problems.

I tell people at my show to run it through 2-3 times if you hone it before each use (great habit...then you don't forget till you have used it 10 times and get upset cuz it's dull...) OR to hone it every 3-4 uses by running it through 4-6 times!

That's Great Idea.

elizabethfox said:

I bet you could sell / trade a lot of what you don't want on here :)

cathyskitchen said:
I'm thrilled that I earned the 1st and 2nd levels of SAT (2 shows and $1500 sales), since most of the stuff I love is in those groups:

Grinder
Salt
Bamboo Square Bowl
Forged Cutlery 5" Santoku
Rotary Grater
Festive Desserts Recipe Collection

Some others I'm definitely getting:

Bamboo Knife Block
Dripless Pourer/Stopper
Dots Stemware (3 sets, to go with my 3 sets of Dots placesettings!!)
Drink Charms (3 sets) ;)
Silicone Crown Cake Pan (b/c I'm a baker)

I can "live" without the rest of the stuff, but I honestly love it all. I may get a few Dots Medium Bowls for serving bowls, but that's it. I'm going to try not to buy ALL of the products this season and just get those extras that I didn't earn throughout the fall on host orders. We'll see how much will-power I have! ;)

I can sell those to you if you want I earned them with 3000 in sales. And I know I wont be using them.

<h2>What are the top 5 most frequently asked questions about "What's Your Favorite New Product(s)?"</h2><p>1. What is the new grinder set and what makes it a must-have?</p><p>2. Can you tell me more about the knife block and what sets it apart from other knife blocks?</p><p>3. What makes the bamboo bowl a standout product and why should I consider adding it to my collection?</p><p>4. What makes the RUFTH trivet the best one yet and why should I add it to my kitchen essentials?</p><p>5. Can you explain the beaded serving spoon and how it can be used to serve trifles?</p><p>Bonus: Can you tell me more about the new TTA, tote, and consultant bag and why they are highly desired products?</p>

What are the top 5 most frequently asked questions about "What's Your Favorite New Product(s)?"

1. What is the new grinder set and what makes it a must-have?

2. Can you tell me more about the knife block and what sets it apart from other knife blocks?

3. What makes the bamboo bowl a standout product and why should I consider adding it to my collection?

4. What makes the RUFTH trivet the best one yet and why should I add it to my kitchen essentials?

5. Can you explain the beaded serving spoon and how it can be used to serve trifles?

Bonus: Can you tell me more about the new TTA, tote, and consultant bag and why they are highly desired products?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• missmindym
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Brenda.the.chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies