• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's Your Favorite New Product(S)???

I agree. I also thought that they might group together the 3 new knives in the honing cases as a combo 60%. Just a thought.
CookingwithMary said:
Concur with all the above.

Hope the appetizer plates come out in Plain--no design--at some point.

I'd love the Dots design on them!:love:

Ooh- dots on the glass plates would be awesome! But I can also see a whole series of patterns available eventually, even if for a limited time: hearts, flowers, suns, pumpkins, fall leaves... have a whole year of patterns!

chefann said:
Ooh- dots on the glass plates would be awesome! But I can also see a whole series of patterns available eventually, even if for a limited time: hearts, flowers, suns, pumpkins, fall leaves... have a whole year of patterns!

Ouuhhhh, now that would be FUN!:D

chefann said:

Oh Ann as always wonderful idea. I would just love that!

Love the Knife Block and the Latin cookbook. Dots stemware is fun and they are generous size.I hope the new Knives with Honing Cases are better than the old ones. I despise those.More than anything, i'm jazzed about the knife case for consultants. I've cut myself once transporting our knives and come close many other times. This will help so much!

DebbieJ said:
Love the Knife Block and the Latin cookbook. Dots stemware is fun and they are generous size.

I hope the new Knives with Honing Cases are better than the old ones. I despise those.

More than anything, i'm jazzed about the knife case for consultants. I've cut myself once transporting our knives and come close many other times. This will help so much!

I was pretty geeked about the knife case when I saw it, then I started to think, "when do I take all of my knives to a show?" I am in the process of pairing down my show loads (can't bring everything in a miata!) and have it down to my show to go, one bag for tools and one more for paperwork. Maybe a salad spinner or DCB and I am good to go.

So I am torn whether to get that or not.

As for my favs:
Love the appetizer plates and holiday serving plate. I am in the minority (again, as usual) on these, but I love Christmas. Plus the fact that they fit into the caddy, my customers are going to love them.
The beaded serving pieces. They look great up close and I can't wait to serve a trifle with these.
The salt and pepper grinders.. need I say more
The 5 inch Santuko.. finally a smaller Santuko for my smaller size hands.
The Holiday cookbook. LOVE IT!!! The recipes are so cute and look so easy. Love the lollipop brownie ideas.
The wine stopper/pourer. This is going to be the stocking stuffer gift idea for my shows.

My thoughts on the dots stemware... very delicate feeling. I am thinking that we are going to have a lot of breakage on these. They are cute, and would be pretty used for desserts, as well as wine. But, as I said before, I won't be packing these in my kit.

PamperChefCarol said:
My thoughts on the dots stemware... very delicate feeling. I am thinking that we are going to have a lot of breakage on these. They are cute, and would be pretty used for desserts, as well as wine. But, as I said before, I won't be packing these in my kit.

I was thinking that the breakage with the glasses as well.

But using the glasses for desserts a fantastic idea!!! LOVE IT!!:thumbup:

rennea said:
I was thinking that the breakage with the glasses as well.

Especially with all the broken items that FedEx seems to deliver already.

There's a new limited guarantee category that applies to the holiday plates and a couple of other items. Those things will only be covered for 30 days, and will not be returnable if used. We'll all have to make sure we check in with customers who purchase those items.

Limited guarantee? Really Ann, why?

I think it's because of the type of products. I saw it in the product preview room, on the holiday appetizer plates and holiday platter. It may be on a couple of others, but I haven't looked. There's also a little blurb about it in the special edition CN. p 16
Limited Guarantee Added
Products in the spring/summer (yes, that's what it says - it's obviously a typo) 2008 catalog with an LTD have a limited guarantee. The limited guarantee covers satisfaction, manufacturing defects or damage during shipping, which is reported within 30 days from the ship date of the show. Upon timely notification, this item can be returned for replacement, refund or exchange. Returned items must be unused, in original packaging, and with the original sales receipt. Incidental or consequential damages are not recoverable. This information is included on the back of the new sales receipt.And I just noticed that the product descriptions in the SECN don't have guarantee info! :grumpy:

The Dots stemware also have the LTD warranty on them. When I glanced though the catalog, it seemed only the new glass items had the LTD warranty (but I might have missed some).

I am excited about the Holiday plates!! I love Christmas stuff. I can totally see everyone's suggestion about snowflakes or snowmen being a better idea, but I love them. I also like the beaded serving pieces, they do not look cheap in person (at least to me). I think they look very festive and elegant in person, will be great for trifles.
I also think the wine stopper/pourer will be a great hit with customers and great idea about being a good stocking stuffer!!
My absolute favorite is new RUFTH trivet, I love collecting these and this new one is my favorite so far!! They look awesome hanging on the wall in my kitchen!!

I'm in love with the 5" Santoku!

pampcheflisa said:
The Dots stemware also have the LTD warranty on them. When I glanced though the catalog, it seemed only the new glass items had the LTD warranty (but I might have missed some).

I am excited about the Holiday plates!! I love Christmas stuff. I can totally see everyone's suggestion about snowflakes or snowmen being a better idea, but I love them. I also like the beaded serving pieces, they do not look cheap in person (at least to me). I think they look very festive and elegant in person, will be great for trifles.
I also think the wine stopper/pourer will be a great hit with customers and great idea about being a good stocking stuffer!!
My absolute favorite is new RUFTH trivet, I love collecting these and this new one is my favorite so far!! They look awesome hanging on the wall in my kitchen!!

The holiday plates and platter also have the LTD warranty. Those were the only ones I saw besides the stemware that have it.

Here are my favs:
-dot dishes
-santuko knife
-knife block
-dot stemware

I know of some of my customers who are dying to see them who are slowly buying either the knifes or the dot dishes.

Forged Knife

Christmas plates. I haven't had a chance to check out their size and proce yet. I am hoping they will work as dinner plates!

I haven't looked much, so, I am sure I will have more favs.

Jennifer - The plates would be a little small for dinner plates - they are more appetizer sized - the will fit in the appetizer plate caddy.

My favorite products are the new cake pan and the bamboo bowl. I was 'disappointed' with the beaded serving set until I picked it up. That set is great!

I was in love with the way Lisa presented the new products this year, and I think they did an incredible job with the showcase room.

Speaking of the new cake pan...in Wave #2 and #3 did you guys have a "show" with it?The back-up people to Lisa were hilarious, the guy flipped it inside out at waist level (uh-hum) and the crowd ROARED!

I LOVE the holiday plates!!!!! I have been asking for holiday plates/serving bowls for a few years now and am so excited that they have finally come out with them. I will have to get a full set soon. I also love the new holiday dessert cookbook. That will be great for all the cookie swap shows that I do in Nov/Dec. I am sure there will be a neat idea in that to use.

ljeffries said:
Jennifer - The plates would be a little small for dinner plates - they are more appetizer sized - the will fit in the appetizer plate caddy.

well darn!:rolleyes:

jrstephens said:
well darn!:rolleyes:

Hey, you can use them for dinner plates, just call it the diet plan! :p

So.... I am tired over here ( it is 12:16am) and I don't want to be missing any of the new products....does anyone have a list of all of the new products??

Love the bamboo bowl, knife block and the 5" Santoku! I look forward to a Fabulous selling season.

elizabethfox said:
So.... I am tired over here ( it is 12:16am) and I don't want to be missing any of the new products....does anyone have a list of all of the new products??

If you go to Joy's website she has one under free flyers... http://www.tastytidbits.net hth!

I'll have to say the dots stemware. Why? Because I had a excited happy reaction and let out a squeal of joy when I noticed them! So I must really like them! Nothing else elicited that response.

The bamboo bowl is definitely my favorite! When first seeing it on stage we thought it was the medium woven selections bowl and then hearing it was bamboo meant lighter and the price point is amazing! It is so pretty and sleek! I plan on putting guest picks in it for a show (for past hosts, 1st timers and being bringing a guest). I think it will also look amazing as a centerpiece on my table in the fall (how cute with apples in it for fall and lemons and limes for spring!)

Wow! Ya'll have been busy on here! I had 3 shows this weekend and seemed to have missed a lot! I did get a JULY booking today! YIPPEE!!!

Anyway, my favs are: Knife Block (by the way, did ya'll notice that if you get the Knife Block Set with the knives, knife block, shears, etc. that it is cheaper 1/2 price than just the 1/2 price knife combo in the back of the catalog? Promote that deal to all your hosts!!!

Others favs are: Holiday Cookbook, love the Dots glasses, stopper/pourer, I like the looks of the beaded utensils though I need to get a better look at them, LOVE LOVE the grinders! YEA!
Also, intrigued to see how the grater will work. I'm tired of clogged cheese so if this doesn't do that I will be pretty psyched!

I'm so excited about the recipes too! We made the bread bowl and OH MY GOSH it was delicious! I can't wait to make the mini cheeseburgers and that peanut butter chocolate torte thing too! YUMMY!!! Pretty happy with everything though just need to play with them all! Soon, very soon!

smspamperedchef said:
Anyway, my favs are: Knife Block (by the way, did ya'll notice that if you get the Knife Block Set with the knives, knife block, shears, etc. that it is cheaper 1/2 price than just the 1/2 price knife combo in the back of the catalog? Promote that deal to all your hosts!!!

I thought that's the way it looked to me, but I don't actually have a catty here...just had a chance to look through my Director's copy on Friday night! When I was going over the mini catty, though, I noticed the entire SETwould be cheaper as a half price item, then the half price combo listed for just the KNIVES on the back page of the catty!

That combo of the block/knives/shears/AND honer is the BEST VALUE!! I have always thought that the honer needed to be included in the knife groupings...you can't own those knives and not have our honer...that's just stupid. (sorry...that's how I feel, the honer works sooooooooo well and keeps your knives SUPER SHARP...without it, they dull and become dangerous to be using!)

Thank you Janet for showing the pics from NC. For those of us not able to go this was a welcome sight.

I love the trivit design.

Questions about the beaded servers...
Are the beads red (or burgundy?) and clear?
Suitable for use with the trifle bowl?Thanks :)

I love them all and want them all :)

I will get one grinder from the sale a thon and 1 bamboo bowl. The bowls areeven nicer in person. Love the holiday plates and cookbook ( desserts) The medium stone with handles, the santuko and the cheese grater.

I want one more grinder ... and the 5" santuko ... and the cheese grater ... and ... and ...

CookingwithMary said:
Questions about the beaded servers...
Are the beads red (or burgundy?) and clear?
Suitable for use with the trifle bowl?

From what I remember and can see from my own pictures, they are more red than burgundy. The go with the Christmas plates more than the burgundy in the dots plates.

The clear bead is actually kind of a cloudy look - not white, but not crystal clear.

DEFINITELY to be used with the trifle bowl!!!! :D
Much sturdier than I expected!

janetupnorth said:
I thought snowflakes would have been more universal and cuter...I'm so-so on the Christmas plates, but many love them!

Ann - on the block, I had quite a discussion with the guy at the station (head of test kitchens I guess) about the block and dulling the knives and which way to store them. He CLAIMS studies show that they really don't and to store blade down.

They also said that on stage. I talked to them in the product room too and they insist that bamboo won't hurt the knives - remember most knife blocks are wood.

ETA: The holiday plates are perfect for me. I decorate in early November until just after New Years (we have Christmas at Thanksgiving - another post) so I get a lot of use out of my holiday decorations.

I just gave my kids all of my vanilla stones and lots of other things. At Thanksgiving when I next see them someone will get the old knife block and knives and my holiday dishes since we are getting new ones.

I am worried about our customers and that LTD warranty. They will not hear us and will not be happy. I always say that everything is guaranteed for at least a year... now I have to change my talk. Can't blame them though - stemmed glasses will break and that would be a warranty nightmare. They said that the glasses could be used for water or iced tea but I don't think they're big enough for that - love the dessert idea!

Last edited:
BethCooks4U said:
They also said that on stage. I talked to them in the product room too and they insist that bamboo won't hurt the knives - remember most knife blocks are wood.

ETA: The holiday plates are perfect for me. I decorate in early November until just after New Years (we have Christmas at Thanksgiving - another post) so I get a lot of use out of my holiday decorations.

I just gave my kids all of my vanilla stones and lots of other things. At Thanksgiving when I next see them someone will get the old knife block and knives and my holiday dishes since we are getting new ones.

I am worried about our customers and that LTD warranty. They will not hear us and will not be happy. I always say that everything is guaranteed for at least a year... now I have to change my talk. Can't blame them though - stemmed glasses will break and that would be a warranty nightmare. They said that the glasses could be used for water or iced tea but I don't think they're big enough for that - love the dessert idea!

Hey, I'm excited for a new block!

Now I have to work to earn it!

I am really excited about the new grinders and the salt & pepper sets to go with them. I think the bamboo bowls are awesome and of course I love all of the new Dot's items. I'm interested in seeing how well the new rotary grater does, the old one and I don't seem to get along

dymplz8 said:
I am really excited about the new grinders and the salt & pepper sets to go with them. I think the bamboo bowls are awesome and of course I love all of the new Dot's items. I'm interested in seeing how well the new rotary grater does, the old one and I don't seem to get along
I didn't care for the old one. Broke 3 of them, and never replaced the 3rd one! But I played with the new one at conference, and I think I'm really going to like it!

I'm thrilled that I earned the 1st and 2nd levels of SAT (2 shows and $1500 sales), since most of the stuff I love is in those groups:

Grinder
Salt
Bamboo Square Bowl
Forged Cutlery 5" Santoku
Rotary Grater
Festive Desserts Recipe Collection

Some others I'm definitely getting:

Bamboo Knife Block
Dripless Pourer/Stopper
Dots Stemware (3 sets, to go with my 3 sets of Dots placesettings!!)
Drink Charms (3 sets) ;)
Silicone Crown Cake Pan (b/c I'm a baker)

I can "live" without the rest of the stuff, but I honestly love it all. I may get a few Dots Medium Bowls for serving bowls, but that's it. I'm going to try not to buy ALL of the products this season and just get those extras that I didn't earn throughout the fall on host orders. We'll see how much will-power I have! ;)

cathyskitchen said:
I'm thrilled that I earned the 1st and 2nd levels of SAT (2 shows and $1500 sales), since most of the stuff I love is in those groups:Grinder
Salt
Bamboo Square Bowl
Forged Cutlery 5" Santoku
Rotary Grater
Festive Desserts Recipe CollectionSome others I'm definitely getting:Bamboo Knife Block
Dripless Pourer/Stopper
Dots Stemware (3 sets, to go with my 3 sets of Dots placesettings!!)
Drink Charms (3 sets) ;)
Silicone Crown Cake Pan (b/c I'm a baker)I can "live" without the rest of the stuff, but I honestly love it all. I may get a few Dots Medium Bowls for serving bowls, but that's it. I'm going to try not to buy ALL of the products this season and just get those extras that I didn't earn throughout the fall on host orders. We'll see how much will-power I have! ;)
Ohhhh Cathy - you are so going to love the new Holiday Cookbook!

dymplz8 said:

I truly HATE the old Deluxe Cheese Grater!! As soon as I found out that it was being discontinued, I threw away the one that had duct tape around it holding it together (the one I used in my kitchen - I have another one for my kit). I will be selling the other one as soon as this season is over - yuck! And the Grate Container - I've sold so many of those, so I guess I'm a good salesperson, but I NEVER use it except at shows, and 2 have cracked on me. YUCK and GOOD RIDDANCE! :yuck:

ChefBeckyD said:
Ohhhh Cathy - you are so going to love the new Holiday Cookbook!

Duh, never mind - I didn't understand your post - I must be tired! :blushing:

cathyskitchen said:
I truly HATE the old Deluxe Cheese Grater!! As soon as I found out that it was being discontinued, I threw away the one that had duct tape around it holding it together (the one I used in my kitchen - I have another one for my kit). I will be selling the other one as soon as this season is over - yuck! And the Grate Container - I've sold so many of those, so I guess I'm a good salesperson, but I NEVER use it except at shows, and 2 have cracked on me. YUCK and GOOD RIDDANCE! :yuck:
I never really felt that way about mine, but when I saw the pic of the new one on the NPF my friend (that got to go to NC) sent me I think my heart skipped a beat. ;)

I couldn't go to conference this year. Bummer! I was so excited to go to our monthly meeting to see the new products. My favorites are the Grinder set and the Bamboo Square Bowl.

janetupnorth said:
From what I remember and can see from my own pictures, they are more red than burgundy. The go with the Christmas plates more than the burgundy in the dots plates.

The clear bead is actually kind of a cloudy look - not white, but not crystal clear.

DEFINITELY to be used with the trifle bowl!!!! :D
Much sturdier than I expected!

The beads have foil in them, essentially. Little metal bits that will reflect the light. I liked how they're shaped - rounded cubes with a little dimple on each side. That shape makes the handle very grippable.

The only pieces that I didn't get that I want to order are:

Holiday plate set
Holiday spreaders
Beaded Serving Spoon
Dots Medium Bowl

but I have to order the mini measure-all, the pastry cutter, and the dots bowl trio to get them.....oh well, at least it's at 50% off.:rolleyes:

I think the limited guarantee is so people do not purchase them for holiday use, then return them.

Robin

chefann said:
The beads have foil in them, essentially. Little metal bits that will reflect the light. I liked how they're shaped - rounded cubes with a little dimple on each side. That shape makes the handle very grippable.

Thanks Ann - I didn't have time to go analyze them, glad someone did! :)

ChefBeckyD said:
The only pieces that I didn't get that I want to order are:Holiday plate set
Holiday spreaders
Beaded Serving Spoon
Dots Medium Bowlbut I have to order the mini measure-all, the pastry cutter, and the dots bowl trio to get them.....oh well, at least it's at 50% off.:rolleyes:
Are sample packages posted somewhere?
I do want the pastry wheel. :) Not because I bake 'cause I usually cook, but because I have many guests it seems that are just bakers.

janetupnorth said:
I do want the pastry wheel. :) Not because I bake 'cause I usually cook, but because I have many guests it seems that are just bakers.

Yup they are on CC under samples. Already placed my small order, wanted the pastry tool too but not everything else in that package.

janetupnorth said:

They're up on CC now and there is a thread listing all of them on here.

<h2>What are the top 5 most frequently asked questions about "What's Your Favorite New Product(s)?"</h2><p>1. What is the new grinder set and what makes it a must-have?</p><p>2. Can you tell me more about the knife block and what sets it apart from other knife blocks?</p><p>3. What makes the bamboo bowl a standout product and why should I consider adding it to my collection?</p><p>4. What makes the RUFTH trivet the best one yet and why should I add it to my kitchen essentials?</p><p>5. Can you explain the beaded serving spoon and how it can be used to serve trifles?</p><p>Bonus: Can you tell me more about the new TTA, tote, and consultant bag and why they are highly desired products?</p>

What are the top 5 most frequently asked questions about "What's Your Favorite New Product(s)?"

1. What is the new grinder set and what makes it a must-have?

2. Can you tell me more about the knife block and what sets it apart from other knife blocks?

3. What makes the bamboo bowl a standout product and why should I consider adding it to my collection?

4. What makes the RUFTH trivet the best one yet and why should I add it to my kitchen essentials?

5. Can you explain the beaded serving spoon and how it can be used to serve trifles?

Bonus: Can you tell me more about the new TTA, tote, and consultant bag and why they are highly desired products?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• missmindym
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Brenda.the.chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies