• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Old Products Vs New Question for Show

In summary, it is perfectly acceptable to bring older Pampered Chef products to demonstrations, as it shows that the products last and can still be used effectively. If someone wants to purchase an older version that is no longer available, consultants can suggest the current version or a similar product and mention the outlet as an option. Some consultants even showcase their older products alongside the updated versions to highlight their durability and quality. As for color changes, it is up to personal preference whether to showcase older versions or opt for the current color. Ultimately, there are no rules or concerns about using older Pampered Chef products at demonstrations.
sizzo
So I am a new consultant, but have loved pampered chef for years. I have some older products from older lines. Particular the deep dish pie plate that is white glazed not cranberry. Are there rules or concerns about showing an item that may have changed color? Given its almost pie season and its one of my favorite items I wanted to bring and show it off. Much thanks!

Absolutely use it and other PC prodcuts from the past. It shows that our things last and that when something is changed it doesn't mean the older version isn't still good. It also gives you an opportunity to talk about the outlet.

My problem with bringing products that are no longer for sale is if someone wants to buy it then it's like "sorry, it's not available".

skaugchef said:
My problem with bringing products that are no longer for sale is if someone wants to buy it then it's like "sorry, it's not available".

Well when they say they want to buy it show them the upgrade or current version in the catalog and tell them why the new one will meet their needs better. I doubt I'd take anything that isn't replaced in the catalog but if I did I would say that xxx (other product) would work and tell them to watch the outlet - we never know when this might be on there.

I have a few pieces, such as the slice 'n serve that still has the older square handle. I don't use mine often enough to justify buying another one. The only difference is the handle, which I point out. I have no qualms about showing older pieces if I don't have the updated one. A similar piece is better than none at all. By the way, I opted to buy the white DCB because knowing how PC goes, I figured the introduction of white glazes was spelling an end to cranberry. I'm not going to buy another one just to get it in cranberry, I will show my white one. Now, if a host really wants a white one, I would be willing to let them buy a cranberry one and trade... I don't see that happening though.

I only have the cranberry Deep Covered baker in the current collection. All of my other glazed stoneware is the older vanilla color! I still take it to my shows & start off the demo with letting people know that "this is an older stone with the older color ..." and talk about how well it's held up and how much use I've had out of it! Even my round stone is without handles.

I like to take the mid-90's model Ice Cream Scoop, Measure-All Cup and Large Batter Bowl to my shows & sit them side-by side with the 2008 models! LOL

I took a bright green dishcloth to a party last night to show them the size & quality of the guest special - then pointed to the different colors in the catalog.

An item in a different color or with an older handle, I take those things. Something like an oval baker that they can't order anymore, I would not take.

My pie plate is white too - I think you should take it!

It's definitely fine to use older versions. There are no rules against that at all.

Related to Old Products Vs New Question for Show

What is the difference between old and new products?

The main difference between old and new Pampered Chef products is the design and functionality. New products are often updated with better features and materials to improve your cooking experience. They may also have more modern designs to fit with current kitchen trends.

Are old products still available for purchase?

Old products may still be available for purchase, but they may be limited in quantities and may eventually be discontinued as new products are introduced. It's best to check with your Pampered Chef consultant or on the website to see if a specific old product is still available.

Why should I consider purchasing new products?

New products often have updated features and materials that can make cooking and meal preparation easier and more efficient. They also come with a guarantee from Pampered Chef, ensuring the quality of the product.

Can I trade in my old products for new ones?

Pampered Chef does not have a trade-in program for old products. However, you can always donate or sell your old products and use the funds towards purchasing new ones. Alternatively, you can also host a Pampered Chef party and earn free products as a hostess.

Do old products still come with a warranty?

Pampered Chef offers a limited lifetime warranty on all of their products, including old ones. This means that if there is a defect in the product, you can contact Pampered Chef for a replacement or refund. However, normal wear and tear is not covered under the warranty.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Sheilainwv
  • Brenda.the.chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • pampchefrhondab