• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where Do You Shop for Boy's and Teen's Clothing?

In summary, the group discusses their upcoming trip to the US for a family vacation at Darien Lake. They plan to do some shopping on the way there or back, and are looking for store recommendations for affordable clothing for their kids. Suggestions include Kohl's, JCPenney, Old Navy, Target, Shopko, Hot Topic, and Plato's Closet. Some members also mention their love for Target and JCPenney's sales, while others mention stores like Hollester and Macy's. The conversation also briefly touches on the group's "stealth mode" feature.
kcjodih
Gold Member
We're travelling to the US next weekend for a family trip to Darien Lake. Never been so I'm sure it'll be a blast. Going for 3 days/2 nights. Either on the way there or on the way back we'd like to do a 'little' shopping. Nothing major like hitting the outlet malls all day :D, just grab a couple new outfits for both kids. DS is 10 1/2 and 'too cool' LOL and DD is 13 1/2 and not too concerned with name brands just yet. He wears a boy's 11 and she wears ladies size 6 and large tops :eek:.

Can anyone suggest stores to go to? I've heard of Big K but never been, we already have a Walmart locally here, and I think there's a US chain called Target? Is there anywhere else I should go for good to reasonably priced clothing my kids will like?

Thanks for any and all help! :)

Kohls is one of my favorite stores for clothes.

I love Old Navy. I get a lot of my kids clothes there.

Hey you'll be 2 hours away from me!! Have a blast at Darien Lake!! My daughter was there with friends earlier this week. She rode 2 roller coasters (her first time ever riding coasters).

I am taking her shopping tomorrow, we are going to JCPenney and Old Navy to get her school clothes.

Is Plato's Closet nationwide? It's a consignment shop that ONLY takes name brand stuff...it's definately aimed towards HS and college age kids.

How did your DAUGHTER get to be 13 and not be concerned about clothes...but your SON who is only 10 is all over it?!! lol Sounds backwards to me!

I agree with Kohl's and JCPenny's...make sure you get stuff on SALE though, I think their "normal" prices are way too high!

pennys, khols, target, shopko

My son (14) loves Hot Topic... lots of shirts and hoodies. For jeans target JCPennys or old navy.

My kids like Hot Topic, too...I hate that store. Gives me the heebie-geebies to even go in there! I think they play that crappy music so loud so that the parents don't dare go inside!! lol

KellyTheChef said:
My kids like Hot Topic, too...I hate that store. Gives me the heebie-geebies to even go in there! I think they play that crappy music so loud so that the parents don't dare go inside!! lol

lol.... me too! My son loves the video game Halo and I always find great Halo stuff there. The people who work there scare me a bit.

KellyTheChef said:

Okay so I've got

Kohl's (never been there before)
JC Penney's (never been here either)
Old Navy (shop there already)
Target (never been either)
Shopko (never even HEARD of this)
Hot Topic (never heard of this either - is it a smaller retail store as opposed to a larger one? Is it for adults, kids or teens?)

Checking out your link now Kelly, thanks!

Jodi~

Hot Topic is for TEENS/College age. Very "Emo" and dark. You know...the ones with black eyeliner and tons of tattoos and piercings...

The people who work there all look scary to me!

Hey! You are in stealth mode!

KellyTheChef said:
Hey! You are in stealth mode!

Huh? How'd I get there? Where is there? Do I wanna be in it? What IS it?

Helppppppp I'm confused :confused::confused:

Oh I LOVE Target!!! I love to shop there for me!! I think they have an AWESOME selection of clothing, very nice laid back items and GREAT professional looking pieces. Affordable too.

Yes, you have to hit JCPenney's during their sales. That is why we are getting up to be there by 8am tomorrow morning (shopping is an hour away from us minimum, 2.5 hours for Targets and BIG malls).

my little girl [11] LOVES this store called hollester but it is soooooo expensive

Last edited:
kcjodih said:
Huh? How'd I get there? Where is there? Do I wanna be in it? What IS it?

Helppppppp I'm confused :confused::confused:

Next to your name and stuff..your little light is GREY not GREEN...so it's showing that you "aren't on" even when you acutally are!

I forget how you get in to turn it on or off....Janet and Ann are always in stealth mode, so they can help you!

We love Kohls and JC Penneys. Penneys is the best place to go if your children wear slim pants. They have a huge selection of slim pants for girls and boys.

Old Navy, Macy's ( they always have killer sales :)) and Gap.
Have fun at the lake :)

KellyTheChef said:
Next to your name and stuff..your little light is GREY not GREEN...so it's showing that you "aren't on" even when you acutally are!

I forget how you get in to turn it on or off....Janet and Ann are always in stealth mode, so they can help you!

I never knew what that green dot meant... What do the other colors mean!
And yes I am way off topic from the thread!

I get almost all of my kids' clothes at Old Navy. I think JC Penney is too expensive, and I'd rather shop at Macy's and pay the same prices when Macy's is having a sale. Sometimes I find things at The Gap Outlet, too, but I'm not a fan of Target clothes. I have purchased jeans there for my kids but only if they are on sale. Old Navy has kids' jeans for $7 on Saturday, August 23. Adults' jeans are pretty inexpensive, on Saturday too, but I don't remember how much.

JAE said:
I get almost all of my kids' clothes at Old Navy. I think JC Penney is too expensive, and I'd rather shop at Macy's and pay the same prices when Macy's is having a sale. Sometimes I find things at The Gap Outlet, too, but I'm not a fan of Target clothes. I have purchased jeans there for my kids but only if they are on sale. Old Navy has kids' jeans for $7 on Saturday, August 23. Adults' jeans are pretty inexpensive, on Saturday too, but I don't remember how much.

$12 for adults.

Thanks everyone! I'm going to go online now to find out which of these stores are near or on the way and then see if there's sales next weekend when we're there.

pampered.chris said:
Oh I LOVE Target!!! I love to shop there for me!! I think they have an AWESOME selection of clothing, very nice laid back items and GREAT professional looking pieces. Affordable too.

Yes, you have to hit JCPenney's during their sales. That is why we are getting up to be there by 8am tomorrow morning (shopping is an hour away from us minimum, 2.5 hours for Targets and BIG malls).

Yes to Target!
Yes to JCPenney!
And don't forget The Gap!

Don't know if they have a Gordman's there or not but that's a great store too.

Oh yea the Walmart's have different brands of clothes than we do here in Canada. So check them out too.

I have bought my boys, ages 9 and 11yo and wearing sizes 12 reg both, clothes at a store called Children's Place. I love this store for my daughters too (ages 5 and 2 yo). They have great sales and very good quality clothing. I always shop there!

I don't really like to shop so I don't go the mall (where Macy's and JCPenney's are) so I rarely go in there. My friends like to shop at those stores and find good deals. I like Children's Place because I know when I go in I can find exactly what I need and not have to hunt for it. It's kid's clothes and that's it!

Hollister, Ambercrombie & Fitch, American Eagle for your daughter (maybe a justice or ltd 2)for your son, old navy, gap, Vans, Hot Topic

kohls is having a big sale this weekend -ex, ds and I are meeting there tomorrow morning to shop for school. also, you save 15% when you open a charge acct.

susanr613 said:
kohls is having a big sale this weekend -ex, ds and I are meeting there tomorrow morning to shop for school. also, you save 15% when you open a charge acct.

:cry: I'm not going until next weekend to the US :cry: Our school starts on the 2nd

Teresa Lynn said:
Hollister, Ambercrombie & Fitch, American Eagle for your daughter (maybe a justice or ltd 2)

for your son, old navy, gap, Vans, Hot Topic

Good Night...those stores are sooo pricey! My kiddos are too rough to wear those expensive clothes! But shoot...I think the Gap is high, too. And it is. I will shop at the Gap Outlet. Now, you can get a good deal there.

Rue 21 has good sales. My son likes to shop at American Eagle, Hollister, Ambercrombie & Fitch but they are way too high.

Our kids have to wear uniforms (did, only have 1 in HS now) and those were the stores they shopped at for weekend clothes and my daughter for her khaki's.

at school she can only express herself in 2 ways mismatched funky socks (the low cut ones you can't see) because they are suppose to be white and her shoes

she's 15 & a converse shoe nut, she probably has 19 pairs (before we left on vacation, we had looked all over the Dallas area for this multicolored neon pair that were exclusive to Journey shoe store. we were killing time before our flight from Hawaii and went to a mall my husband said all bags are full no one buys anything unless she finds those shoes we walked past their window and they had 1 pair left she wore them on the plane :)

KellyTheChef said:

LOL Me too!

I used to look like the kids who work at Hot Topic.....it doesn't bother me to go in there. They are just expressing themselves...........

I like Old Navy for clothes but the quality has gone down SO much. I also like Gap Kids, Gymboree (btoh of which have AWESOME sales) and Childrens Place. My biggest problem with young girls clothes in bigger stores is that they all look older then my 6 and 8 year old aer. They are little girls not hoochies! LOL!!

Chef Kearns said:
I have bought my boys, ages 9 and 11yo and wearing sizes 12 reg both, clothes at a store called Children's Place. I love this store for my daughters too (ages 5 and 2 yo). They have great sales and very good quality clothing. I always shop there! I don't really like to shop so I don't go the mall (where Macy's and JCPenney's are) so I rarely go in there. My friends like to shop at those stores and find good deals. I like Children's Place because I know when I go in I can find exactly what I need and not have to hunt for it. It's kid's clothes and that's it!
This could have been written by me!:D:p I haven't been to the Mall since January!I LOVE the Children's Place! When I was there in Jan. it was to get new jeans for my son. I have a dear friend who gives up clothes from her boys who are a bit older than mine - but I almost always have to buy his jeans, because he is so skinny (this summer, at 4 yrs old, he is still able to wear his 24 mo & 2T shorts....). Childrens Place has the adjustable waistband jeans that are also long enough for him.Other than that, it's mostly Target.

My son would LOVE to do all his clothing shopping at American Eagle... or Hot Topic... I'd love to be able to afford Hot Topic for most of what he wears actually... but we're usually stuck with Ross, Kohl's and Target... the latter two tend to have decent sales most the times and quality clothing which is vital with a preteen who's hard on whatever he wears.

Children's Place for my kids... I was just there Thursday & got the kids' clothes for fall/winter. If you sign up for coupons, they've always got good sales going on. When will you be going? I've got a coupon for 10% off that's good til 9/2.

Crystal, if she doesn't want it would you send it to me? My husband threw away my coupons!! :eek::yuck: My daughter (5yo) got a $20 GC for her birthday and I want to let her shop, but help her $ stretch as far as possible, too. Their clothes are so cute and not to "old" for the young kids.

I get a lot of stuff at Kohls.

Teresa Lynn said:
Hollister, Ambercrombie & Fitch, American Eagle for your daughter (maybe a justice or ltd 2)

for your son, old navy, gap, Vans, Hot Topic

I've never seen a Hollister before. Ambercrombie & Fitch will be the place my DH heads to when we win the lotto:rolleyes: The prices in there are crazy!! DH love American Eagle too but I can't stand going in there lately, all the clothes are "wrinkled" and look sloppy. Maybe I'm just getting older.

Personally I like to shop at old navy and dh and I do a lot of shopping there, it's great of casual clothing.

rennea said:
I've never seen a Hollister before. Ambercrombie & Fitch will be the place my DH heads to when we win the lotto:rolleyes: The prices in there are crazy!! DH love American Eagle too but I can't stand going in there lately, all the clothes are "wrinkled" and look sloppy. Maybe I'm just getting older.
Personally I like to shop at old navy and dh and I do a lot of shopping there, it's great of casual clothing.

LOL - I was thinking the same thing the last time I went to the Mall (6 months ago!)
I remember shopping at American Eagle when I was in college - and loving their clothes....but not anymore.
The other place that has really changed dramatically in Banana Republic. Wow! When I was in college, we used to go there to find funky, unusual stuff - and all of their great buys from 3rd world countries. Their catalog, and their stores, were so eclectic, a little eccentric, and lots of fun....now - it's like walking into any other chain store. How disappointing!

Does anyone else remember that...or is it just me?

for your daughter Maurices is a neat store too

ChefBeckyD said:
LOL - I was thinking the same thing the last time I went to the Mall (6 months ago!)
I remember shopping at American Eagle when I was in college - and loving their clothes....but not anymore.
The other place that has really changed dramatically in Banana Republic. Wow! When I was in college, we used to go there to find funky, unusual stuff - and all of their great buys from 3rd world countries. Their catalog, and their stores, were so eclectic, a little eccentric, and lots of fun....now - it's like walking into any other chain store. How disappointing!

Does anyone else remember that...or is it just me?

I remember too:(

I Love Childrens Place too. Especially if you can find an outlet. I get great deals shopping their clearance stuff.

KellyTheChef said:
The people who work there all look scary to me!

Hey Now, I still shop there.

Abercrombie, Hollister and American Eagle are the popular brand names around here, but they're all expensive. Since your daughter isn't too concerned with brands right now, I would go for somewhere that still has cute clothes but a little cheaper. Plus, unless those stores are in Canada too, the brand names that they plaster all over the shirts at places like Abercrombie won't mean too much to her. I second the recommendations of Kohl's and Jcpenney, especially if you can get there during a sale. Target also has some cute stuff. Macy's can be expensive in my opinion, but I occasionally find great deals on their sale racks. I went to an H & M awhile back, and found some cute things at really great prices, but I've never shopped there before, so I'm not sure if their deals are always the same or how widespread their stores are. But I imagine they have a website to check it out. Good luck with your shopping :)

I always shop for my 15 year old brother at PacSun!! I love Old Navy, too!

crystalscookingnow said:
Children's Place for my kids... I was just there Thursday & got the kids' clothes for fall/winter. If you sign up for coupons, they've always got good sales going on. When will you be going? I've got a coupon for 10% off that's good til 9/2.

Crystal We're leaving on Thursday evening so I think that's the 28th. I'm thinking it wouldn't make it to me on time but thank you SO much for the offer :)

<h2>1. Where can I find boy's and teen's clothing for my trip to the US?</h2><p>Some popular options for boy's and teen's clothing in the US include department stores like Macy's, JCPenney, and Kohl's, as well as specialty stores like Gap, Old Navy, and H&M.</p><h2>2. Are there any specific stores that cater to trendy or "cool" clothing for boys?</h2><p>Some brands that are popular among boys and teens for trendy clothing include Hollister, American Eagle, and Abercrombie & Fitch. These stores can be found in many malls and shopping centers in the US.</p><h2>3. Are there any stores that offer good deals or discounts on clothing?</h2><p>Outlet malls are a great option for finding good deals on clothing. Some popular outlet stores for boys' and teens' clothing include Nike, Adidas, and Levi's. Target and Walmart also often have sales and discounts on clothing.</p><h2>4. Can you recommend any stores for girls' clothing in larger sizes?</h2><p>Stores like Justice, Forever 21, and Charlotte Russe offer a wide range of clothing in larger sizes for teenage girls. These stores can be found in many malls and shopping centers in the US.</p><h2>5. Is there anywhere else I should consider shopping for my kids' clothing?</h2><p>If you're looking for more unique or boutique-style clothing, you may want to check out local thrift or consignment stores. These stores often have a mix of brand name and vintage clothing at affordable prices.</p>

1. Where can I find boy's and teen's clothing for my trip to the US?

Some popular options for boy's and teen's clothing in the US include department stores like Macy's, JCPenney, and Kohl's, as well as specialty stores like Gap, Old Navy, and H&M.

2. Are there any specific stores that cater to trendy or "cool" clothing for boys?

Some brands that are popular among boys and teens for trendy clothing include Hollister, American Eagle, and Abercrombie & Fitch. These stores can be found in many malls and shopping centers in the US.

3. Are there any stores that offer good deals or discounts on clothing?

Outlet malls are a great option for finding good deals on clothing. Some popular outlet stores for boys' and teens' clothing include Nike, Adidas, and Levi's. Target and Walmart also often have sales and discounts on clothing.

4. Can you recommend any stores for girls' clothing in larger sizes?

Stores like Justice, Forever 21, and Charlotte Russe offer a wide range of clothing in larger sizes for teenage girls. These stores can be found in many malls and shopping centers in the US.

5. Is there anywhere else I should consider shopping for my kids' clothing?

If you're looking for more unique or boutique-style clothing, you may want to check out local thrift or consignment stores. These stores often have a mix of brand name and vintage clothing at affordable prices.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
Replies
Views
kcjodih
Replies
Views
scottcooks