• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do You Do to Get Rid of the Blues?

In summary, the author felt down about her situation and asked for advice on how to get out of the funk. She suggests reading a good book, going for a walk, and eating a fudge ice cream.
It can be very hard and scary - but sometimes it is a person's past interfering with their present and future. I had to REALLY think about what past issues were continually making me spiral down - I was so sick of being sad ALL the time, or depending on meds, or having a negative effect on EVERYONE around me!
I had to take care of MYSELF FIRST! It was hard to do at first, because I didn't want to 're-live' and dive into those issues again. But I also realized that my past was going to CONTINUE to affect my present (my relationship with my DH, kids, family, and friends).
I decided to (ask Dr. Phil says), put my 'book of life' high up on a shelf - I won't ever forget the things that happened in my past - but I can CHOOSE to NOT read those same chapters OVER and OVER or even stay on those chapters. They are part of me and who I am today, but I don't need to dwell on them. I decided to get over them because it was NOT healthy!
I LOVE my life NOW - and I always tell myself 'I am strong enough to let go'

stefani2 said:
It can be very hard and scary - but sometimes it is a person's past interfering with their present and future. I had to REALLY think about what past issues were continually making me spiral down - I was so sick of being sad ALL the time, or depending on meds, or having a negative effect on EVERYONE around me!
I had to take care of MYSELF FIRST! It was hard to do at first, because I didn't want to 're-live' and dive into those issues again. But I also realized that my past was going to CONTINUE to affect my present (my relationship with my DH, kids, family, and friends).
I decided to (ask Dr. Phil says), put my 'book of life' high up on a shelf - I won't ever forget the things that happened in my past - but I can CHOOSE to NOT read those same chapters OVER and OVER or even stay on those chapters. They are part of me and who I am today, but I don't need to dwell on them. I decided to get over them because it was NOT healthy!
I LOVE my life NOW - and I always tell myself 'I am strong enough to let go'

What a beautiful and articulate way of stating that! That is a powerful word picture!

What ACCEPTANCE means:
-Replacing my rage and frustration with quiet patience
-Admitting that there are things I cannot change
-Putting an end ot my pain and struggles, and inturn - freeing my thoughts and energy to work on things I CAN change
-"Mind your OWN business"

~LETTING GO~
-To 'let go' to not to care FOR, but to care ABOUT
-To 'let go' is to not change or blame another. It is to make the most of MYSELF
- To 'let go' is not to FIX, but be SUPPORTIVE
-To 'let go' is not to JUDGE, but to allow another to be a human being
- To 'let go' is not to deny; but accept
- To 'let go' is not to regreat the past; but to grow and live for the future
- To 'let go' is to fear less and love

DETACHMENT
"I WILL let go of the problem which is destroying my peace of mind"

What DETACHMENT means:
- Detachment from my suffering. Nothing can hurt me unless I allow it to
- Essential to any healthy relationship between people
- Detachment promotes growth and less personal guilt

HAPPINESS:
"You need to let go of the past and start embracing the present for what it is RIGHT NOW."

"Happiness is when what you THINK, what you SAY, and what you DO, are in harmony." - Mohandas K Gandhi

1. STAY FOCUSED - LISTEN TO YOURSELF FIRST, AND OTHERS SECOND
Know WHAT you want to accept from others
Only accept advice that is in relation to where you want to go in life
2. NOTICE THE BEHAVIOUR OF OTHERS
Are you beginning to notice a lot of negative emotions to others?
Perhaps you should look for more positive companions
3. FOCUS ON LOVE
Give love in the form of a nice word, small surprises, etc.
Unconditional love is the centerpiece of your life

STRESS:
"Stress is unevitable, but you don't have to be a victim of it. You need to strength your inner resources such as courage, optimism, humility, humour, intuition, acceptance, and forgiveness. Always remember that your reaction to what is happening to you is actually causing your stress."

KACEY - it is ALL about baby steps and recognizing 'the little things' as goals

<h2>1. What do you do to get rid of the blues?</h2><p>I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling down. Here are some suggestions for getting rid of the blues:</p><ul> <li>Get some exercise - physical activity can help boost your mood and release endorphins that make you feel good.</li> <li>Do something you enjoy - whether it's a hobby or spending time with loved ones, engaging in activities that bring you joy can help lift your spirits.</li> <li>Practice self-care - take a relaxing bath, read a book, or do something else that helps you unwind and recharge.</li> <li>Talk to a friend or therapist - sometimes just talking about your feelings with someone can help you feel better.</li> <li>Focus on the positive - try to shift your thoughts to things you're grateful for or things that make you happy.</li></ul><h2>2. Is my hormonal imbalance contributing to my blues?</h2><p>It's possible that your hormonal imbalance may be contributing to your current mood. If you suspect this may be the case, it's important to talk to your doctor about managing your hormones and any related symptoms.</p><h2>3. How can I cope with multiple challenges happening at once?</h2><p>Dealing with multiple challenges at once can be overwhelming and it's understandable that you may feel down as a result. Here are some tips for coping:</p><ul> <li>Take things one day at a time - focus on what you can do in the present moment rather than worrying about the future.</li> <li>Practice self-care - make sure to take care of yourself physically, mentally, and emotionally during this difficult time.</li> <li>Seek support - talk to friends, family, or a therapist about what you're going through. Sometimes just having someone to listen can make a difference.</li> <li>Find ways to reduce stress - try relaxation techniques like deep breathing or meditation to help manage your stress levels.</li> <li>Remember that this is temporary - while it may feel like everything is going wrong at once, it's important to remind yourself that this is a temporary situation and things will eventually improve.</li></ul><h2>4. What can I do if I can't afford to go shopping to cheer myself up?</h2><p>There are plenty of ways to boost your mood without spending money. Here are a few ideas:</p><ul> <li>Take a walk outside - spending time in nature can be rejuvenating and uplifting.</li> <li>Watch a funny movie or TV show - laughter can be a great mood booster.</li> <li>Listen to music - create a playlist of songs that make you feel happy and energized.</li> <li>Do something creative - whether it's painting, writing, or crafting, engaging in a creative activity can help lift your spirits.</li> <li>Volunteer - helping others can give you a sense of purpose and fulfillment, and it doesn't cost anything.</li></ul><h2>5. What are some other ways to cheer myself up?</h2><p>Here are a few more ideas for cheering yourself up:</p><ul> <li>Find a new hobby or activity to try - learning something new can be exciting and give you a sense of accomplishment.</li> <li>Practice gratitude - make a list of things you're grateful for or keep a gratitude journal to remind yourself of the good things in your life.</li> <li>Plan something to look forward to - whether it's a future trip or a fun event, having something positive to focus on can help improve your mood.</li> <li>Get some fresh air and sunlight - spending time outdoors can help boost your mood and give you a change of scenery.</li> <li>Seek professional help - if your blues persist or become overwhelming, don't hesitate to reach out to a therapist or mental health professional for support.</li></ul>

1. What do you do to get rid of the blues?

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling down. Here are some suggestions for getting rid of the blues:

• Get some exercise - physical activity can help boost your mood and release endorphins that make you feel good.
  • Do something you enjoy - whether it's a hobby or spending time with loved ones, engaging in activities that bring you joy can help lift your spirits.
  • Practice self-care - take a relaxing bath, read a book, or do something else that helps you unwind and recharge.
  • Talk to a friend or therapist - sometimes just talking about your feelings with someone can help you feel better.
  • Focus on the positive - try to shift your thoughts to things you're grateful for or things that make you happy.

2. Is my hormonal imbalance contributing to my blues?

It's possible that your hormonal imbalance may be contributing to your current mood. If you suspect this may be the case, it's important to talk to your doctor about managing your hormones and any related symptoms.

3. How can I cope with multiple challenges happening at once?

Dealing with multiple challenges at once can be overwhelming and it's understandable that you may feel down as a result. Here are some tips for coping:

• Take things one day at a time - focus on what you can do in the present moment rather than worrying about the future.
  • Practice self-care - make sure to take care of yourself physically, mentally, and emotionally during this difficult time.
  • Seek support - talk to friends, family, or a therapist about what you're going through. Sometimes just having someone to listen can make a difference.
  • Find ways to reduce stress - try relaxation techniques like deep breathing or meditation to help manage your stress levels.
  • Remember that this is temporary - while it may feel like everything is going wrong at once, it's important to remind yourself that this is a temporary situation and things will eventually improve.

4. What can I do if I can't afford to go shopping to cheer myself up?

There are plenty of ways to boost your mood without spending money. Here are a few ideas:

• Take a walk outside - spending time in nature can be rejuvenating and uplifting.
  • Watch a funny movie or TV show - laughter can be a great mood booster.
  • Listen to music - create a playlist of songs that make you feel happy and energized.
  • Do something creative - whether it's painting, writing, or crafting, engaging in a creative activity can help lift your spirits.
  • Volunteer - helping others can give you a sense of purpose and fulfillment, and it doesn't cost anything.

5. What are some other ways to cheer myself up?

Here are a few more ideas for cheering yourself up:

• Find a new hobby or activity to try - learning something new can be exciting and give you a sense of accomplishment.
  • Practice gratitude - make a list of things you're grateful for or keep a gratitude journal to remind yourself of the good things in your life.
  • Plan something to look forward to - whether it's a future trip or a fun event, having something positive to focus on can help improve your mood.
  • Get some fresh air and sunlight - spending time outdoors can help boost your mood and give you a change of scenery.
  • Seek professional help - if your blues persist or become overwhelming, don't hesitate to reach out to a therapist or mental health professional for support.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AJPratt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • Aurora
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
carlajanes
  • raebates