• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Get Back Into It After a Long Break?

In summary, Aurora took a break to take care of her mother and then her dad passed away. She is thinking of doing a fall show in October or a holiday house show in late November or early December to jump start things again.
Aurora
I went inactive and haven't had a show since April... or maybe it was March? I can't remember. Anyway, I've hardly even looked at the spring/summer catalog, and now the fall/winter has come out! :blushing:

Out of the blue this week I had a new customer find me via my website and place an order for the grill pan and press special, which I turned into a show for myself. :thumbup:

And it got my gears cranking. So has anyone come back to PC after a long hiatus? How did you get back in the swing of things?

Do you still have contacts....let them know YOU'RE BACK!!! I always finds that fairs/events/farmers markets are a good place to make NEW contacts too.

I had a customer call & want to have a show 2 months ago after just collecting enough catty sales to stay (mostly) active for 3 years. That one show ended up being a $200 catalog show plus a $700 cooking show, another $500 show and a recruit! I currently have 6 shows sceduled between now and october ... You can totally get back into the swing!

Thanks! I think I'll do a fall open house...

Aurora, let us know how the open house goes!! You can do it girl!!

good luck aurora!!!! way to go!!!!!

i had to take a little time off and have only been doing catalog shows this year to take care of my mom....last september my daddy passed away....i took care of him and now mom....she's had a really hard time...i'm having surgery on my jaws next week....

sooooooo.....am thinking a fall show in october or and early holiday house show in late nov early dec to jump start again.....don't really want to scare anyone with my face all bruised, swollen and stitched...lololol....then again might get sympathy orders :D

Last edited:

1. How do I get back into cooking after a long break?

Getting back into cooking after a long break can seem daunting, but it's easier than you think. Start by planning out your meals for the week and making a grocery list. This will help you stay organized and motivated. Choose simple and easy recipes to start with and gradually work your way up to more complex dishes. Don't be afraid to ask for help or try new things.

2. What are some tips for getting back into the habit of meal planning?

To get back into the habit of meal planning, start by setting aside a specific day and time each week to plan out your meals. Make sure to choose meals that are balanced and include a variety of nutrients. If you have a busy week coming up, opt for quick and easy recipes. Don't be afraid to mix things up and try new recipes to keep things interesting.

3. How do I regain my cooking skills after a long break?

If it's been a while since you've cooked regularly, it's normal to feel a bit rusty. The best way to regain your cooking skills is to start with simple recipes and practice regularly. Consider taking a cooking class or watching online tutorials to learn new techniques. Don't be too hard on yourself and remember that practice makes perfect.

4. What are some ways to stay motivated when getting back into cooking?

To stay motivated when getting back into cooking, set realistic goals for yourself. This could be trying a new recipe each week or cooking a homemade meal at least three times a week. Get creative with your meals and try new ingredients or cooking methods. You can also invite friends or family over for a meal to keep things fun and social.

5. How do I make cooking feel less overwhelming after a long break?

Cooking can feel overwhelming after a long break, but there are ways to make it feel more manageable. Start by decluttering and organizing your kitchen to create a more efficient cooking space. Make a list of essentials you need to make your favorite meals and stock up on those ingredients. Start with simple and familiar recipes and work your way up to more complex ones. Don't be afraid to ask for help or take breaks when needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kat29
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kat29
  • pcsharon1
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Trish in Texas