• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do You Do to Get Rid of the Blues?

In summary, the author felt down about her situation and asked for advice on how to get out of the funk. She suggests reading a good book, going for a walk, and eating a fudge ice cream.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
Hi everyone...

After spending the entire day (about 9 hours) submitting resume's and applying for jobs online I have a bad case of the blues.

I was wondering what you guys do to get rid of the blues?

I know that some of my gloominess is coming from the hormonal imbalance. I can tell when my progesterone is low when I'm feeling a bit blue- so I have to take that into account.

Part of me wonders if it is the news that my former company is appealing my unemployment claim. I shouldn't care, and normally I wouldn't however I think my plate is over flowing with too many bad things happening to me and my family all at once, so I have noticed that I'm not able to just let these things roll off my back.

It is not like me to get down in the dumps about stuff like this. I was very surprised at how hard I took the news about finding out my b-i-l was sexually abusing my little niece- normally I'd be upset and then survival mode would kick in and we'd get through it unscathed. Normally I can just set my mind that I'm going to be fine, things will work out, God is in control, He won't let us down, or cause us to be homeless, etc...but this time I'm just not able to shake the gloom.

So I thought I'd ask what you all do to cheer yourselves up. Please don't tell me to go shopping- since both DH and I are now unemployed there is no money to go shopping! And window shopping depresses me- I find it counter-productive and slightly torturous. LOL

I already take a bubble bath each day and I'm not in the mood for hubba-hubba with the DH- so obviously desperate times call for desparate measures.

I'm sure after spending the last 9 days by the ocean where it was sunny and warm only to come home to 60 degrees, cloud and drizzle isn't helping either.

I'm in a funk and I don't get in funks and I need some help. TIA!

Umm, honey, hot fudge sundaes, extra hot fudge!!!

On a more serious note, big hugs on all you're going through. There will be an end to all this!

I do something just for me, like read a good book. Go for a nice long walk, plant some pretty flowers then sit back with a nice cup of tea and enjoy. HTH

dianevill said:
Umm, honey, hot fudge sundaes, extra hot fudge!!!

On a more serious note, big hugs on all you're going through. There will be an end to all this!

That sounds good but I'm also bummed about how fluffy I've gotten over the past few months. I think the stress has forced me to eat too many fudgesicles. :blushing:

Sorry, I'm not trying to make this difficult on you guys! :):eek:

rennea said:
I do something just for me, like read a good book. Go for a nice long walk, plant some pretty flowers then sit back with a nice cup of tea and enjoy. HTH

Those are all good ideas. I feel guilty doing any of that now especially since my unemployment has stopped and DH still has not found work. I almost regret going on our little "vacation" last week.:cry: Isn't that horrible?

Mmmmm, fudgesicles (Weight Watchers has a really good fudgesicle bar that's only 1 POINT.) Just got done eating one, actually.

What about a good, brisk walk? I know it's a little late to be doing that right now, but in the morning? I love to walk without the headphones, just me and my thoughts.

Sorry - saw Rennea posted about a walk as well. Didn't mean to duplicate!

Kitchen Diva said:
Those are all good ideas. I feel guilty doing any of that now especially since my unemployment has stopped and DH still has not found work. I almost regret going on our little "vacation" last week.:cry: Isn't that horrible?

One of the major things that I have found in my life is you don't need a lot of money to do "fun" things for yourself and those that you love. Spending time with your family and getting up and doing something, anything really is good for you. Sitting around will just make you more unhappy and "fluffy":rolleyes:

You'll get through this, we all go through something. There is a reason, and you have to get through this to find out what the heck the reason is.

dianevill said:
Sorry - saw Rennea posted about a walk as well. Didn't mean to duplicate!

there's nothing wrong with duplicating an idea...there's nothing wrong with duplicating an idea:D

If the rain stops by tomorrow I will be taking a nice long walk with the dogs. I know my sister was not able to walk them every day while we were gone. I was able to go on long walks along the beach while in SC- boy do I miss that! We were done with dinner tonight and I was like- okay let's grab the sandals and a jacket and walk on the beach and collect shells.

Maybe a good cry might help? I'm not a big cryer, either...this just stinks. I hate being out of my element and inundated with mulitple stressors at the same time. Grrrr

:grumpy:

I take my meds...

But seriously folks (ba dum bum), along with that, I have a good long chat with my sister or a good friend who will let me vent, I go shopping (even just window shopping helps!), get a nice Starbucks beverage and just relax and do something for me. That always gets me in a better frame of mind. (((HUGS))) and hang in there - the silver lining is there, it really is!

You have meds? I knew I was missing something! UNFAIR! :)

Well since I was out of the house for the past 9 days I guess I felt like I should stick in the house until I have at least one job interview on the calendar. Maybe I'll go mow the lawn tomorrow and put this Zyrtec to the test. :) THanks for the ideas guys. I don't feel right about being so blue after reading Ann's post about her DH of 28 years leaving her. It put things in perspective when I read that!

Last edited:
Kitchen Diva said:
You have meds? I knew I was missing something! UNFAIR! :)

Well since I was out of the house for the past 9 days I guess I felt like I should stick in the house until I have at least one job interview on the calendar. Maybe I'll go mow the lawn tomorrow and put this Zyrtec to the test. :) THanks for the ideas guys. I don't right about being so blue after reading Ann's post about her DH of 28 years leaving her. It put things in perspective when I read that!

HEY! No way do you get to say that! Do you remember what you told me on a post when I asked for prayer? I'm going to tell you that while Ann's troubles are horrible (I'm so sorry to hear that, Ann!), you're going through some tough times too. Take some time for you & just you.

Talk to us whenever you need to. I'm here all day with my kids just waiting for someone to call me! LOL!! ;) Seriously. Do something just for you. Even if it's just to go sit on the porch & read or something.

crystalscookingnow said:
HEY! No way do you get to say that! Do you remember what you told me on a post when I asked for prayer? I'm going to tell you that while Ann's troubles are horrible (I'm so sorry to hear that, Ann!), you're going through some tough times too. Take some time for you & just you.

Talk to us whenever you need to. I'm here all day with my kids just waiting for someone to call me! LOL!! ;) Seriously. Do something just for you. Even if it's just to go sit on the porch & read or something.

Yes Ma'am! (kidding)

I did make some southern sweet tea today. I splurged while in SC and bought some tea from the only tea plantation in America...made some sweet tea with it today. It turned out really yummy and to boot I found a lemon hiding in my fruit bin in the fridge! WHoo-hoo. Now if it would stop raining, I could sit on my deck and sip my tea and practice my southern accent so I'll have it down for when I move to NC!

I've got my brittish accent down pat- but it doesn't look like I'll be moving to London any time soon. :)

Thanks for setting me straight Miss Crystal. I guess I just meant that reading her post put things in perspective a little more for me, and made me stop feeling so sorry for my situation.

Okay, back to bed to finish pouring through the Psalms...I'm starting to feel better just reading them! :)

I go to the local beauty school here in town, they have massage classes and I can get a wonderful neck, shoulder and scalp massage for $15... then I go home and take a long HOT bubble bath, without the PHONE.

enjoy

(((big hugs)))

Here are some free/cheap therapy ideas:

* Exercise EVERY morning, even if it's just a few sit-ups or jumping jacks in your living room. When the weather permitts, go for some nice long walks. If you pass someone on the street, make sure you at least say good morning. If they stop to chat, even better!
* Don't sleep in. Get up every morning, dress, do your hair & your makeup. You'd be surprised at how different you feel when you know you look your best.
* Borrow a "Chicken Soup for the Soul" book from your local library.
* Volunteer at a homless shelter.
* Volunteer at a YMCA or other children's org.
* Go door to door in a local nursing home and just sit and chat with some strangers.

But most importantly, hug that sweet little niece every chance you get and let her know that there is positive affection in this world too. :(

If the ideas you get from all of us don't seem to be helping, don't be embarrassed about asking your Dr. for medication to help you on your journey. ;)

In reference to the job issue, if you have any type of Secretary/Reception experience, go apply with a temp agency. They are GREAT at helping you get your foot in the door with a new company. My husband is military. I went to FL to be with him for a few months before we moved. I worked several temp jobs & kept getting full time offers. Knowing I was moving, I had to turn them all down. We then went to VA for a short period (for a school) before moving to Japan. I had the same problem there. All the employers who had me as a temp wanted me full time. One even offered to fly me back & forth from Japan to Virginia if I would keep working for them! :eek: Working full time on the OPPOSITE side of the world from my husband (while trying to start a family) would have been quite a challenge!!

Diane & I are on the same wavelength....I was going to say chocolate too:D Hang in there! A long walk always does me good.

slight highjack...but your comment about Ann----so sorry Ann! I have totally missed that post; you hang in there too! {hugs}

Music is definitely therapy for me. Put on your favorite artist or songs REALLY loud - the level that you'd be screaming at the kids to TURN THAT DOWN! Then get up and dance around - I sometimes have my daughter come in and dance with me. :)

This joke makes me smile everytime....hope it helps...

What do you call a fish with no eyes?

fsssssssssssh

Kacey~

You are already doing the first thing I would suggest...TALKING about it! Last Monday when I had my HUGE meltdown making my post on here and putting my words onto the page helped a bunch...as did all of the support and love that I felt from everyone here! See if you can meet a friend to chat and "whine" to....that helps too! (I say whine not as a negative thing...as women, we process our feelings by talking about them normally!)

My second suggestion would be to pray. Not sure if other's have said that, since I didn't read the other responses yet. After Evan left for school last Monday, I took a long hot shower and cried and prayed.

I wish I was there...I would give you a big hug and let you "whine" to me!

Love,
Kelly

Write down everything you would like to say to certain people.:mad: When finished, shred it. Get up, put on some tunes, and dance, dance, dance!!

Sometimes, just getting it all out helps.:cry: I will even have pretend conversations w/certain irritants. And yes...I'm taking my meds.:D When I'm finished, I feel better. It may not be at what would have really happened if that conversation was real but my interpretation makes me feel better. Then I move on.

Last edited:
You know sometimes a good cry really makes me feel better. So I get out the chickflicks, like Love Story, Brian's Song, or Steel Magnolia's and let it go. Or a general feel good story like The Mirror Has Two Faces or American President.

A really good power walk does help, but I find if I am down getting up and around is the last thing I want to do. Although it is most likely the best thing to do.

Try and remember....
The good Lord won't bring you to it... If he won't get you thru it.

Everysince becoming a stay at home mommy, i get the blues from time to time. It's hard sitting inside all day long. I have found that it helps me to keep my datebook full, even if it is a planned day to go get groceries or to go to the park, pass out catalogs or to even get my haircut. I at least have some excuse to get me out of the house. That seems to help. I also try to keep in touch with my other stay at home mommy friends and arrange playdates from time to time.

Kacey,

I agree with Kelly saying to pray. God can get you through.

I think it is perfectly understandable with all you have going on right now that you get the blues sometime. Maybe you should also just give in to it for a day and feel sorry for yourself. We all need our own pity party every once in a while.

I try to remember that no matter how bad I may feel or think things are, there are always a lot of people a lot worse off that I have ever been.

Do you have a close friend you could call? A good talk or cry with a friend helps me too. You could always PM some of us if you need some one on one chat time too!

Get outside even if the weather is not the warmest. Fresh air is always a good thing to me.

I will keep you in my prayers!:angel:

I'm really touchedThanks guys for all the wonderful ideas! The sun is somewhat out today which is helping- but DH just sent me an email with what is in the checking account and my stomach started to tie into large knots.

I have been praying, and crying, and eating large amounts of fudgesicles.
Unless I am very sick or have thrown my back out and have landed myself on bedrest I always do my hair and put on make-up and get dressed for the day. Even if it is just a freshly laundered and pressed jogging suit...I still get dressed.

I have thought about doing temp work again. I did that for a few years while DH was in the Air Force. We moved around so much that temp work was the only thing that didn't hurt my resume-becasue I was still with the same Company even though I had several temp jobs through that temp agency...

I was hoping to avoid that, but I think I'll make an appointment for tomorrow and see what that could bring in.

Thanks again for all the good ideas- I will give them all a try...except for the hair cut one having gone through beauty school I am a hair snob and my hair cuts are not cheap. :) I've gone to the less expensive salons and it has been a disaster...so I'll maybe have to see if my niece will play hair and make-up with me today, that might be fun!

I have been having lots of "blue" times too. An assortment of goodies.
In the last year I have helped my parents through a lung cancer bout helping them with long travels to the doctor and treatment. (Good news is WE WON and the cancer is gone)
My son was supposed to graduate this year from High School and he quit about a month ago. (He mentally quit long before that).
In the past 3 months, my son has had 3 friends die. One a girl that reacted to the Guardizal (sp?) shots and two were killed in a violent one car crash this past weekend.
My parents own 2 cottages and guess who cleans and organizes the rentals?
My hormones are aging and my emotions can be all over the place
My PC business has been dropping due to less time.
And I also have to keep a happy face on for my 48 employee at my day job.
I am sure that there is a ton more other bumps in the road I am forgetting.

Two medicines help me. Within 30 minutes of being up this morning and 2 phone calls later...I could have easily crawled back into bed with a HUGE bowl of frozen yogurt, cried, gone to sleep to try and make the world go away. I too am far too fluffy!

The thought that helped me the most was to "give it to God" I do not practice and organized religion, but I do believe in God and sometimes, I just have to give it to him to handle. Today was a day he got a pile of stuff from me!

baychef said:
I have been having lots of "blue" times too. An assortment of goodies.
In the last year I have helped my parents through a lung cancer bout helping them with long travels to the doctor and treatment. (Good news is WE WON and the cancer is gone)
My son was supposed to graduate this year from High School and he quit about a month ago. (He mentally quit long before that).
In the past 3 months, my son has had 3 friends die. One a girl that reacted to the Guardizal (sp?) shots and two were killed in a violent one car crash this past weekend.
My parents own 2 cottages and guess who cleans and organizes the rentals?
My hormones are aging and my emotions can be all over the place
My PC business has been dropping due to less time.
And I also have to keep a happy face on for my 48 employee at my day job.
I am sure that there is a ton more other bumps in the road I am forgetting.

Two medicines help me. Within 30 minutes of being up this morning and 2 phone calls later...I could have easily crawled back into bed with a HUGE bowl of frozen yogurt, cried, gone to sleep to try and make the world go away. I too am far too fluffy!

The thought that helped me the most was to "give it to God" I do not practice and organized religion, but I do believe in God and sometimes, I just have to give it to him to handle. Today was a day he got a pile of stuff from me!

Scary! I heard the commercials again last night about "I had my daughter vaccinated" and really question them. At this point I do NOT want my daughter vaccinated...she gets all other vaccines...but this is too new to me...

She was 17, athletic, active, on the Honor Society, well liked...etc. She had severe headaches earlier in the week. Her Mom is a nurse and took her immediately to the ER and diagnosed migranes. She had shot #3 on a Wednesday. Her Mom came home from her night shift went to make sure Jess was up and getting ready for school. She didn't answer and the bathroom door was closed with no shower running. Jess was on the floor and blue.

They first thought anyorism (for those that are looking at spelling...sorry no time to look them up right now) and then they thought that maybe she slipped and hit her head. The choking game was thought of but she had no marks on her body.

An autopsy revealed nothing. Her organs were sent to Albany (state capital) for testing. There were no drugs or alcohol found. They concluded it was a reaction from the shots.

I have only heard, but not investigated it yet, that several women have reacted this same way. The percentages are probably low but there none the less.

I feel for any parent who has to make this decision.

baychef said:
She was 17, athletic, active, on the Honor Society, well liked...etc. She had severe headaches earlier in the week. Her Mom is a nurse and took her immediately to the ER and diagnosed migranes. She had shot #3 on a Wednesday. Her Mom came home from her night shift went to make sure Jess was up and getting ready for school. She didn't answer and the bathroom door was closed with no shower running. Jess was on the floor and blue.

They first thought anyorism (for those that are looking at spelling...sorry no time to look them up right now) and then they thought that maybe she slipped and hit her head. The choking game was thought of but she had no marks on her body.

An autopsy revealed nothing. Her organs were sent to Albany (state capital) for testing. There were no drugs or alcohol found. They concluded it was a reaction from the shots.

I have only heard, but not investigated it yet, that several women have reacted this same way. The percentages are probably low but there none the less.

I feel for any parent who has to make this decision.

Luckily my daughter is still too young to get it either way. I'm not for "new things"...especially nowadays, but am all for the tried and true vaccinations (so to speak) - noted that there are a few rare reactions to those too...

Since HPV is a STD it can be controlled and prevented in most cases...people don't think of the consequences of their actions...they'd rather get a shot...
(Granted I know that other can get it too...but controlling actions would eliminate a TON of possible risk!)

OK, off my soapbox now...

Retail therapy always helps me :D

ok, now you are all scaring me,my daughter has had 2 of the 3 shots she turns 15 tomorrow
since shot #2 she has continuously had a headache, we've been back to the dr, have migraine meds for her now, I never thought about it being related to the shot.I was against it in the beginning (because of its newness) but several good friends who are nurses and our dr. and my best friend who lost a mother to cervical cancer insisted she get it.now, i'm second guessing myself and our decision

I'm in a hurry and haven't read everyone else's responses, but I like to put on a good insperational CD - my favorite is Michael W. Smith Worship! Awesome! Always makes me feel so much better. I also like Amy Grant Hymns of Faith.

I sometimes read my favorite book - Just Enough Light for the Step I'm On by Stormie Omartian - WONDERFUL!

Teresa Lynn said:
ok, now you are all scaring me,

my daughter has had 2 of the 3 shots she turns 15 tomorrow
since shot #2 she has continuously had a headache, we've been back to the dr, have migraine meds for her now, I never thought about it being related to the shot.

I was against it in the beginning (because of its newness) but several good friends who are nurses and our dr. and my best friend who lost a mother to cervical cancer insisted she get it.

now, i'm second guessing myself and our decision

I'd have a serious chat with the doctors BEFORE she gets #3! Read up on what you can find on it. In my reading headaches were a warning sign...

I hope and pray she is fine!

What are these shots people are talking about? Are they for cervical cancer? I'm sorry I just got lost when in the middle of what do you do to cheer yourself up I read about someone who's daughter died from migraine shots... I'm lost...

Kitchen Diva said:
What are these shots people are talking about? Are they for cervical cancer? I'm sorry I just got lost when in the middle of what do you do to cheer yourself up I read about someone who's daughter died from migraine shots... I'm lost...

Gardasil - the shot for HPV...

Usually given to teenagers...

Oh, well that won't cheer me up! :)

janetupnorth said:
Gardasil - the shot for HPV...

Usually given to teenagers...

Oh, well that won't cheer me up! :eek:

I want to second, third, fourth, etc. the exercise and chocolate therapies. Even though I don't always feel like exercising, it usually helps me feel better for a while. I must add that vigorous exercise helps me more than not so vigorous. For me, that means a run/jog rather than a walk, but walking does clear my head a bit, too.

Actually, caffeine does help me feel better, but apparently when you come down from the caffeine "high" you feel more cranky. Doesn't stop me, but I thought I should at least give the warning. If you don't mind green tea, it is gentler than coffee or soda.

I run naked in the backyard.

And drink margaritas.

Actually, come to think of it, I do those in reverse order...

Hmmm....

...and yes, the backyard is fenced. But I've heard the neighbors are taking up a collection to have it domed.

I would think they wouldn't really mind, as long as it wasn't on Sunday.

Jean DeVries said:

And drink margaritas.

Hmmm....

...and yes, the backyard is fenced. But I've heard the neighbors are taking up a collection to have it domed.

You addicts are all the same:p :D ;)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I would think they wouldn't really mind, as long as it wasn't on Sunday.

LOL!:D :D :D

Alcohol!!!!!!! :balloon: Just kidding. Actually, I find that jogging or exersizing will work miracles for stress and anxiety-- sometimes it requires much effort to drag myself out to do it, but afterwards I'm always glad I did. It releases those "Happy" Endorphins into your blood stream :D Oh goody!

Jean DeVries said:

And drink margaritas.

Hmmm....

I love you Jean! That just made me laugh so hard! :) Well it looks like if you need to cheer yourself up- just call Jean! :) She's better than chocolate and has less calories! :)

Used to talk to a Counsellor (sp?) and take meds

To cope, now I:
Listen to music
Do something fun with my Kids (go to the park, zoo)
Do something for ME (pedicure, massage, chiro, etc.)
Plan a DATE NIGHT
Make a To-Do List
Organize to reduce my stress and anxiety
Educate myself on what I am going through (online, books, classes)
Practice practice practice my POSITIVE THOUGHTS
Practice practice practice my POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS
Make a Dream Board
Cut TOXIC people out of my life
Tell my mind to 'STOP' when I can't sleep at night because of all my thoughts

Jenna, I like the part about cutting Toxic people out of my life. Of course I'd be mostly alone, but I like the idea! :) LOL

Kidding, I wouldn't be alone...

Once again, that is very scriptural...I Corinthians 15:33 - "Do not be misled; Bad company corrupts good character."...and also relating to the commands to guard our hearts and minds...

Yeah - I used to hang out with WAY TOO MANY Toxic and NEGATIVE people!

My family occ. would be VERY NEGATIVE - and lots of times I had to 'bubble' myself from their negativity. OR just point out something positive.

I also attended AL ANON and learned A LOT about 'letting go', 'acceptance', etc. LOVED IT - I SHOULD go back!

I still struggle with accepting that I CAN NOT TAKE ON OTHER PEOPLES STRESS - I can (just recently) listen to someone else vent and NOT take on their stress and problems. :)

stefani2 said:
Yeah - I used to hang out with WAY TOO MANY Toxic and NEGATIVE people!

My family occ. would be VERY NEGATIVE - and lots of times I had to 'bubble' myself from their negativity. OR just point out something positive.

I also attended AL ANON and learned A LOT about 'letting go', 'acceptance', etc. LOVED IT - I SHOULD go back!

I still struggle with accepting that I CAN NOT TAKE ON OTHER PEOPLES STRESS - I can (just recently) listen to someone else vent and NOT take on their stress and problems. :)
Way to Grow, Jenna! :)

Setting BOUNDARIES is really important too. That way, you don't get walked on or pushed around. I used to (and still do occ.) get taken advantage of.

When you are feeling 'blue'/feeling down/having negative thoughts - then SOMETHING IS OFF BALANCE. I have to look my Values, my life, my work, and see what is wrong. Once I have examined it, it helps to work on fixing the problem. Either way, practicing positive thoughts is ESSENTIAL.

Just know that you are NEVER ALONE! *hugs*

stefani2 said:
Setting BOUNDARIES is really important too. That way, you don't get walked on or pushed around. I used to (and still do occ.) get taken advantage of.

When you are feeling 'blue'/feeling down/having negative thoughts - then SOMETHING IS OFF BALANCE. I have to look my Values, my life, my work, and see what is wrong. Once I have examined it, it helps to work on fixing the problem. Either way, practicing positive thoughts is ESSENTIAL.

Just know that you are NEVER ALONE! *hugs*

All very helpful info- you are very right. I also find pouring myself into my bible helps, too. Sometimes I just don't have the energy to open it, but am very glad when I make myself do it.

<h2>1. What do you do to get rid of the blues?</h2><p>I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling down. Here are some suggestions for getting rid of the blues:</p><ul> <li>Get some exercise - physical activity can help boost your mood and release endorphins that make you feel good.</li> <li>Do something you enjoy - whether it's a hobby or spending time with loved ones, engaging in activities that bring you joy can help lift your spirits.</li> <li>Practice self-care - take a relaxing bath, read a book, or do something else that helps you unwind and recharge.</li> <li>Talk to a friend or therapist - sometimes just talking about your feelings with someone can help you feel better.</li> <li>Focus on the positive - try to shift your thoughts to things you're grateful for or things that make you happy.</li></ul><h2>2. Is my hormonal imbalance contributing to my blues?</h2><p>It's possible that your hormonal imbalance may be contributing to your current mood. If you suspect this may be the case, it's important to talk to your doctor about managing your hormones and any related symptoms.</p><h2>3. How can I cope with multiple challenges happening at once?</h2><p>Dealing with multiple challenges at once can be overwhelming and it's understandable that you may feel down as a result. Here are some tips for coping:</p><ul> <li>Take things one day at a time - focus on what you can do in the present moment rather than worrying about the future.</li> <li>Practice self-care - make sure to take care of yourself physically, mentally, and emotionally during this difficult time.</li> <li>Seek support - talk to friends, family, or a therapist about what you're going through. Sometimes just having someone to listen can make a difference.</li> <li>Find ways to reduce stress - try relaxation techniques like deep breathing or meditation to help manage your stress levels.</li> <li>Remember that this is temporary - while it may feel like everything is going wrong at once, it's important to remind yourself that this is a temporary situation and things will eventually improve.</li></ul><h2>4. What can I do if I can't afford to go shopping to cheer myself up?</h2><p>There are plenty of ways to boost your mood without spending money. Here are a few ideas:</p><ul> <li>Take a walk outside - spending time in nature can be rejuvenating and uplifting.</li> <li>Watch a funny movie or TV show - laughter can be a great mood booster.</li> <li>Listen to music - create a playlist of songs that make you feel happy and energized.</li> <li>Do something creative - whether it's painting, writing, or crafting, engaging in a creative activity can help lift your spirits.</li> <li>Volunteer - helping others can give you a sense of purpose and fulfillment, and it doesn't cost anything.</li></ul><h2>5. What are some other ways to cheer myself up?</h2><p>Here are a few more ideas for cheering yourself up:</p><ul> <li>Find a new hobby or activity to try - learning something new can be exciting and give you a sense of accomplishment.</li> <li>Practice gratitude - make a list of things you're grateful for or keep a gratitude journal to remind yourself of the good things in your life.</li> <li>Plan something to look forward to - whether it's a future trip or a fun event, having something positive to focus on can help improve your mood.</li> <li>Get some fresh air and sunlight - spending time outdoors can help boost your mood and give you a change of scenery.</li> <li>Seek professional help - if your blues persist or become overwhelming, don't hesitate to reach out to a therapist or mental health professional for support.</li></ul>

1. What do you do to get rid of the blues?

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling down. Here are some suggestions for getting rid of the blues:

• Get some exercise - physical activity can help boost your mood and release endorphins that make you feel good.
  • Do something you enjoy - whether it's a hobby or spending time with loved ones, engaging in activities that bring you joy can help lift your spirits.
  • Practice self-care - take a relaxing bath, read a book, or do something else that helps you unwind and recharge.
  • Talk to a friend or therapist - sometimes just talking about your feelings with someone can help you feel better.
  • Focus on the positive - try to shift your thoughts to things you're grateful for or things that make you happy.

2. Is my hormonal imbalance contributing to my blues?

It's possible that your hormonal imbalance may be contributing to your current mood. If you suspect this may be the case, it's important to talk to your doctor about managing your hormones and any related symptoms.

3. How can I cope with multiple challenges happening at once?

Dealing with multiple challenges at once can be overwhelming and it's understandable that you may feel down as a result. Here are some tips for coping:

• Take things one day at a time - focus on what you can do in the present moment rather than worrying about the future.
  • Practice self-care - make sure to take care of yourself physically, mentally, and emotionally during this difficult time.
  • Seek support - talk to friends, family, or a therapist about what you're going through. Sometimes just having someone to listen can make a difference.
  • Find ways to reduce stress - try relaxation techniques like deep breathing or meditation to help manage your stress levels.
  • Remember that this is temporary - while it may feel like everything is going wrong at once, it's important to remind yourself that this is a temporary situation and things will eventually improve.

4. What can I do if I can't afford to go shopping to cheer myself up?

There are plenty of ways to boost your mood without spending money. Here are a few ideas:

• Take a walk outside - spending time in nature can be rejuvenating and uplifting.
  • Watch a funny movie or TV show - laughter can be a great mood booster.
  • Listen to music - create a playlist of songs that make you feel happy and energized.
  • Do something creative - whether it's painting, writing, or crafting, engaging in a creative activity can help lift your spirits.
  • Volunteer - helping others can give you a sense of purpose and fulfillment, and it doesn't cost anything.

5. What are some other ways to cheer myself up?

Here are a few more ideas for cheering yourself up:

• Find a new hobby or activity to try - learning something new can be exciting and give you a sense of accomplishment.
  • Practice gratitude - make a list of things you're grateful for or keep a gratitude journal to remind yourself of the good things in your life.
  • Plan something to look forward to - whether it's a future trip or a fun event, having something positive to focus on can help improve your mood.
  • Get some fresh air and sunlight - spending time outdoors can help boost your mood and give you a change of scenery.
  • Seek professional help - if your blues persist or become overwhelming, don't hesitate to reach out to a therapist or mental health professional for support.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AJPratt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • Aurora
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
carlajanes
  • raebates