• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do you get rid of Bacon odor?

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
I love cooking breakfast for my family on Sunday mornings. I love the smell of bacon cooking, but afterwards, it just stinks up my house forever it seems! Does anyone have any advice for getting rid of the odor? As soon as I am done cooking it, I place the drippings on my back porch and immediately wash out the pan and clean with stove with cleaner.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
Bake it in the oven on your bar pan. 425 for 20 minutes. Use a sheet of parchment under it to soak up most of the grease. Perfect bacon EVERY time, no grease splatters, AND no bacon smell for three weeks.

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
Thanks, Becky! I will try that! I did it in the microwave today and I did notice that it was better.

chefann

Legend Member
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2005
Odor isn't a word that I associate with bacon, unless the modifier burnt is added. :)

Kathy's_Kitchen

Advanced Member
Gold Member
May 12, 2008
Bake it in the oven on your bar pan. 425 for 20 minutes. Use a sheet of parchment under it to soak up most of the grease. Perfect bacon EVERY time, no grease splatters, AND no bacon smell for three weeks.

We had breakfast for dinner last night (french toast and bacon - yummmmm!) and we always make the bacon this way - so good!!

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
Odor isn't a word that I associate with bacon, unless the modifier burnt is added. :)

You'll have to stop by a few hours after I have cooked it. Like fish: great a first but the lingering affects not so much.

The_Kitchen_Guy

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 4, 2005
Sounds like this is a pretty imporkant issue for you.

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
My HD told me that if you put a pot of 1:1 Water/Vinegar in a saucepan to lightly boil while making something stinky (like fish odor- I assume maybe bacon too), it should take care of the smell. She said a family member would do that and it worked.

But I must admit...when I read your thread title "How do you get rid of Bacon odor?"- my first thought was "EAT IT!!" *hehe* Sorry...

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
But I must admit...when I read your thread title "How do you get rid of Bacon odor?"- my first thought was "EAT IT!!" *hehe* Sorry...

Yep... LOL we do eat it! Sounds like a "Pratt Answer"!

pampered1224

Legacy Member
Silver Member
Apr 13, 2004
Anne this is way funny! I can not believe you still do bacon the "old fashioned" way! We had BLTs last night. I always use my bar pan in the oven. I do get a bit of an odor after wards for a time but it usually disappears before the meal is over. Oh and ANN - I do burn mine! the crispier the better for BLTs! Oh and just a side note, I used a bar pan and a sheet pan. I know I have hot spots in my oven because of the sheet pan. The right hand half of it was burned, and half the pan was rubbery! Funny, the bar pan only gave me a couple of really done pieces. I know the better of the two products now for that application!

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
What can I say? I'm an old-fashioned gal! I will try it in the bar pan next time for sure!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
Amanda_RI
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies
Views