• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get Rid of Unpleasant Odors from Glass Bowl Lids | Easy Solutions

In summary, to remove unpleasant odors from glass bowl lids, you can soak them in a mixture of white vinegar and water, use baking soda, leave them in direct sunlight, or clean them after each use. Lemon juice can also be used as a natural solution to eliminate odors.
ChefKeender
Does anyone know how to remove odors from the lids that go with the glass bowls? I accidentally left a prep bowl full of onions in the trunk of my car for about three days. Ugh!!! I can't get the smell out of the lid.
Help!!

I usually just sprinkle baking soda on the lids. White Vinegar also works great. Stinky at first, but then clears up.

stinky lidsI've heard you can crumple up newspaper, stuff the bowl with that, stick the lid back on and then leave it alone for a few days.

If you have onion smell on your hands, you can rub them with a lemon wedge or a potato slice and that takes the odor away. If the newspaper or baking soda doesn't work, you might try that.

Good luck! Be sure to let us know what works! :)

I heard the baking soda thing, too! I wonder if you can use that vegi spray cleaner on it?

I was thinking soaking it in a bleach solution. I'm not so concerned about the lid as the trunk! PEEYUUU!

1. How do I remove the smell from glass bowl lids?

To remove unpleasant odors from glass bowl lids, you can try soaking them in a mixture of equal parts white vinegar and water for about 30 minutes. Then, wash them with warm soapy water and dry them thoroughly. This should help eliminate any lingering smells.

2. Can I use baking soda to get rid of smells from glass bowl lids?

Yes, you can use baking soda to remove odors from glass bowl lids. Simply sprinkle a thin layer of baking soda over the lid and let it sit for a few hours or overnight. Then, rinse off the baking soda and wash the lid with warm soapy water. The baking soda should absorb any unpleasant smells.

3. Will leaving the glass bowl lid in the sun help get rid of odors?

Yes, leaving the glass bowl lid in direct sunlight for a few hours can help eliminate odors. The heat from the sun and the UV rays can help break down and eliminate any lingering smells. Just make sure to wash the lid afterwards to remove any residue.

4. How often should I clean my glass bowl lids to prevent odors?

We recommend cleaning your glass bowl lids after each use to prevent any odors from developing. If you notice a lingering smell, you may need to clean them more thoroughly using one of the methods mentioned above.

5. Can I use lemon juice to remove odors from glass bowl lids?

Yes, lemon juice can be an effective natural solution for removing odors from glass bowl lids. Simply mix equal parts lemon juice and water and use it to soak the lid for about 15-20 minutes. Then, wash the lid with warm soapy water and dry it thoroughly. The citric acid in the lemon juice can help neutralize any unpleasant smells.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • jpanzenhagen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • siderits