• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Stay Motivated: Tips to Beat the Winter Blues and Get Things Done

In summary, the conversation discusses the struggles of feeling unmotivated and depressed, specifically during the winter season. The speakers offer advice such as getting exercise, buying new clothes, and eating healthier to boost motivation and improve mood. They also discuss the stress of upcoming events, such as a daughter's graduation, and how it may contribute to feeling overwhelmed. Overall, the conversation highlights the importance of taking small steps and seeking support from others to overcome these feelings and become more productive.
pampchefrhondab
I need some encouragement! For the past two weeks I just don't feel like doing anything, especially with PC:cry:! When I do force myself to work on it I don't seem to get anything accomplished and everything seems to be in disarray!

I think it may be the winter blahs, but I haven't had them this bad before! Last weekend I actually sat on the couch and watched 4 movies. I hadn't watched 4 movies in the past entire year prior to that!:yuck:

My daughter is graduating this year and I have so much to get done, but just don't feel like doing it. I'm also not eating right, which isn't helping.

Please help get me going! What has helped you get out of that funk! I've done okay so far this year w/$4,500 in sales. I just don't really care if I have any more shows!

You aren't alone! I've been feeling this same way also. This is the first week I've felt up to doing anything. It's warming up here now so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I'm taking the extra step and am going to the doctor tomorrow to talk about it.

I really think that the weather, at least here in the North, has been a huge factor this year. It's easy for inertia, lack of motivation, and depression to set in.
The best thing to do, even if you don't feel like it, is to get some exercise. find a good exercise dvd, or go for a walk with a friend, or walk the dog.....even go walk the Mall - get out, and do something ~ it really will help! I feel so much better and have a lot more motivation for the day just by doing 20 minutes of Pilates in the morning. The mornings I slack off and don't exercise are the days I stay in my jammies until noon.

Me too! I have had lots going on, so I just figured with all of the stress, that I am not up to my game. But I really need a swift kick in the rear to get myself going.

Is your daughter graduating high school? That could be part of it. Plus the winter blahs. I am definitely over it. Come on spring!!

Rhonda -
Get up off of that couch! Go to the mall and buy yourself a bright, springy outfit. OR, go to the florist and buy yourself a big bunch of springy flowers!
You don't have to do everything, just start by doing something!!

Yes Stacy, my daughter is graduating from high school. I don't think it's because she is graduating since she will be staying home for college, but I do think some of it is the stress of getting ready for her party. At least we have decided to wait until the end of June for the party (she graduates June 1) since she will be going to Germany for 3 weeks w/my MIL.

I've started Lamar- I'm cleaning the oven:)! I'm also going to buy a new outfit like you suggested. I got a 30% off coupon for Kohls and I'm going to get something new for Easter:)! It's not like I have been stuck to the couch every day (just last weekend!:)), I have 3 kids and work a part-time day job. It's just I have to force myself to do it!

Just talking about it helps! I am going to start Pilates like you suggested Becky. I also started eating better this morning - I had a grapefruit and 1 egg. I'm going to try to give up the Diet Mt. Dew too:)!

Thank you for letting me know I'm not alone!

Just talking about it helps! I am going to start Pilates like you suggested Becky. I also started eating better this morning - I had a grapefruit and 1 egg. I'm going to try to give up the Diet Mt. Dew too:)!

Thank you for letting me know I'm not alone![/QUOTE]

i think once you get going you will feel better, i started weight watchers two weeks ago and have been more motivated to not only start eating better but also to do other things i've been slacking on. and you can do the the diet mt dew thing, this sunday it will be three weeks without any cokes.:thumbup: :)

I know the feeling about staying on the couch. It's so safe on the couch! But it doesn't help you any. Glad to hear we've helped you out a little, now the rest is up to you.

I've been having the same problem the last few weeks. Of course it probably doesn't help that I spent a week in Florida, and now I'm not happy being back in all the snow and cold weather. I'm a college student, and it's midterms week, so its not a good week to be unmotivated. I just can't seem to get myself going. I keep saying I'm going to get to things and then before I know it the day is over and I've accomplished nothing. I always get the winter blues though. I've dealt with depression in the past, but its always worse in winter. Maybe I need to move south or something. Hopefully spring will be here soon!

ljeffries said:
Rhonda -
Get up off of that couch! Go to the mall and buy yourself a bright, springy outfit. OR, go to the florist and buy yourself a big bunch of springy flowers!

Great advice Lamar!

ljeffries said:
Rhonda -
What a sweet response! ...and great advice!

My oldest graduates from high school this year also-trying to find scholarships! Got the Pampered Chef Scholarship application in the mail this week!

Ann R.

I think we all go thru stages like that - I too am struggling with the idea of just hanging up the apron or shoot for directorship - even with the weather improving, my schedule is just crazier with spring sports. I don't want to miss my kids games and honestly, with my husband owning a restaurant, I want my Fridays off to either spend with him or watch the kids play. I am just going to cut back a little and see what happens - thanks for the vent!

aried said:
My oldest graduates from high school this year also-trying to find scholarships! Got the Pampered Chef Scholarship application in the mail this week!

Ann R.

We applied for that one too! I hope they both get it!! We had to do all the finanacial aid forms even though she won't qualify as well. We are trying for all the scholarships we can get! She is my oldest too.

PamperedDor said:
I think we all go thru stages like that - I too am struggling with the idea of just hanging up the apron or shoot for directorship - even with the weather improving, my schedule is just crazier with spring sports. I don't want to miss my kids games and honestly, with my husband owning a restaurant, I want my Fridays off to either spend with him or watch the kids play. I am just going to cut back a little and see what happens - thanks for the vent!

I keep going back and forth w/giving it up as well. Many times when that happens God sends me a sign to stay at it. I hope I get one again:)!

Related to How to Stay Motivated: Tips to Beat the Winter Blues and Get Things Done

1. How can I stay motivated during the winter months?

One way to stay motivated during the winter is to set specific goals for yourself. This can give you a sense of purpose and help you stay focused. Additionally, surround yourself with positive and supportive people who can encourage and motivate you.

2. How can I beat the winter blues?

One effective way to beat the winter blues is to engage in activities that bring you joy and make you feel good. This could be anything from exercise and spending time outdoors to practicing self-care and trying new hobbies. It's important to prioritize your mental and emotional well-being during this time.

3. What are some tips for staying productive during the winter?

To stay productive during the winter, it can be helpful to create a schedule and stick to it. This can help you stay organized and on track with your tasks. It's also important to take breaks and rest when needed, as pushing yourself too hard can lead to burnout.

4. How can I maintain my motivation for long-term goals during the winter?

One way to maintain motivation for long-term goals during the winter is to break them down into smaller, more achievable tasks. This can make the goals feel less overwhelming and help you stay motivated as you see progress being made. It's also important to regularly remind yourself of your why and the benefits of achieving your goals.

5. What are some self-care practices that can help beat the winter blues?

Some self-care practices that can help beat the winter blues include getting enough sleep, eating a healthy and balanced diet, staying hydrated, and practicing relaxation techniques such as meditation or yoga. It's also important to prioritize activities that bring you joy and make you feel good, as taking care of your mental and emotional well-being is crucial during this time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
heather223
  • jj16
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
Tanoi