• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Negativity: Tips for Staying Positive on CS During Tough Times

In summary, the conversation is about the negativity on certain threads on a website and how it is affecting the community. The speaker urges for a more positive and supportive attitude, especially towards new members. They also acknowledge the challenges and mistakes that come with change and ask for understanding and cooperation. The conversation ends with a plea for kindness and understanding towards each other.
pcchris
Silver Member
I understand how many of you are upset with the happenings of late on certain threads here on CS...and not just the one we're all thinking about. I've read so much negativity on here in the last couple of days...where and when does it stop? I'm sure I'll get slammed by some of you for this post, but at this point it doesn't matter to me...go ahead and slam away. We all need to understand that FedEx is still dealing with this changeover, people make mistakes, and HO is busy busy busy. I know it's easy to come on here and gripe about everything that bugs us about PC when things go wrong, or slow, or whatever. But somehow we need to figure out how to get out of our winter blahs (for those of us that have winter), and create some positive energy here. It's so easy to complain and get mad and everything else (myself included), but if there is nothing that can be done to change it, we need to figure out how to deal with it and keep on keepin' on. There are several new people registering here and we need them to see what a wonderful site this is with SO much information available...not all this negativity. I hope you all understand what I'm saying...and don't get all po'd at me for this post. If you do, then so be it, but I'm done being beat down...I'm standing tall and asking all of you to do the same. Sorry for the long post...I had to get it out. Thank you for reading.

pcchris said:
I understand how many of you are upset with the happenings of late on certain threads here on CS...and not just the one we're all thinking about. I've read so much negativity on here in the last couple of days...where and when does it stop? I'm sure I'll get slammed by some of you for this post, but at this point it doesn't matter to me...go ahead and slam away. We all need to understand that FedEx is still dealing with this changeover, people make mistakes, and HO is busy busy busy. I know it's easy to come on here and gripe about everything that bugs us about PC when things go wrong, or slow, or whatever. But somehow we need to figure out how to get out of our winter blahs (for those of us that have winter), and create some positive energy here. It's so easy to complain and get mad and everything else (myself included), but if there is nothing that can be done to change it, we need to figure out how to deal with it and keep on keepin' on. There are several new people registering here and we need them to see what a wonderful site this is with SO much information available...not all this negativity. I hope you all understand what I'm saying...and don't get all po'd at me for this post. If you do, then so be it, but I'm done being beat down...I'm standing tall and asking all of you to do the same. Sorry for the long post...I had to get it out. Thank you for reading.

Amen sister! Ranting is natural but let's help each other with suggestions instead of accusations

I completely understand where you're coming from. It's been a tough time for everyone with all the changes and mistakes happening. But like you said, we need to figure out how to move past it and focus on the positive aspects of this forum. There is so much valuable information and support here, and it's important to maintain that for new members who are just joining. Let's try to spread some positivity and support each other through this difficult time. Thanks for speaking up and reminding us to stay strong.

1. How can I stay positive during tough times on CS?

Staying positive during tough times on CS can be challenging, but there are a few things you can do to help. First, focus on the positive aspects of your job and remind yourself why you love working for Pampered Chef. Additionally, take breaks when needed and engage in self-care activities to recharge your energy. Finally, surround yourself with positive and supportive coworkers who can help lift your spirits.

2. What are some techniques for overcoming negativity on CS?

One technique for overcoming negativity on CS is to practice gratitude. Take a moment each day to think about things you are grateful for, whether it's small wins or positive interactions with customers. Another technique is to reframe negative thoughts into more positive ones. For example, instead of saying "this customer is being difficult," try reframing it to "this customer needs a little extra care and attention."

3. How can I maintain a positive attitude when dealing with difficult customers?

Dealing with difficult customers can be draining, but it's important to remember that their behavior is not a reflection of you. To maintain a positive attitude, try to understand the customer's perspective and empathize with their frustration. Take deep breaths and remain calm, and remember that you have the ability to turn the situation around with your positive attitude and excellent customer service skills.

4. What should I do if I feel overwhelmed and negative at work?

If you are feeling overwhelmed and negative at work, it's important to take a step back and assess the situation. Are there any tasks or responsibilities that you can delegate or ask for help with? Are there any self-care activities you can do to recharge? It's also important to communicate with your manager and coworkers if you feel overwhelmed, as they may be able to offer support or assistance.

5. How can I avoid bringing negativity from work into my personal life?

It's normal to have stressful days at work, but it's important to leave work at work and not let it affect your personal life. One way to do this is to create a clear separation between work and home. This could be physically leaving work at the office or setting boundaries for when you will and won't answer work-related calls or emails. Additionally, engaging in self-care activities and spending time with loved ones can help reduce any lingering negativity from work.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • lacychef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
letscook04
  • raebates