• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New for Cs - I Have a Proposal :)

In summary, the first ever CS sharing CD was created by the author to share with others. He is willing to share it with Janet next since she was the 500,001 post. He is also willing to share it with anyone who is interested.
kcjodih
Gold Member
How about the first ever CS sharing CD?

As you may or may not know I was lucky enough to win the contest for the 500,000 post on CS. I got to thinking why not share?

I thought I could listen to it and when I'm finished I could pass it along to the next in line. It shouldn't cost too much for shipping, with insurance of course. :) I thought I'd send it to Janet next since she was the 500,001 post and I was teasing her about it BEFORE I found out I won ;) and then when she's done she could post here and the first to respond would be next in line etc.

Or if someone figures out a better way logistically that's fine too but I definitely want to send it Janet's way first due to the above.

So, what do you all think? Anyone interested? Do you think it could work? and would you be interested in participating and be willing to spend the $ to ship and insure it?

I just wanna share!!!!!!!!!

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I think that is a wonderful idea and a very generous offer! I'd LOVE to listen to the CD's!

I just thought it would be a fun thing to do and it would be kind of neat to share with everyone. How cool would it be to have this CD travel around and around? We could even enclose a note or list stating where's it been last.....It would be great if it lasted for a long while and it should if we had committed people :)

I was trying to win that for ChefAnn. but I had to go to the doctor... I might have an infected appendix!

I'm glad you won though! I'm very happy for you!!! :)

I'm all for it! :) Let's share!

chefmeg said:
I think that is a wonderful idea and a very generous offer! I'd LOVE to listen to the CD's!

Then if Janet's okay with this I think YOU should be next in line after her :D

Of course, once it gets to her it's not my business anymore :blushing:;):)

That's a really nice idea!

Kitchen Diva said:
I was trying to win that for ChefAnn. but I had to go to the doctor... I might have an infected appendix!

I'm glad you won though! I'm very happy for you!!! :)

Oh man Kasey I'm soooo sorry hun! Please take care of yourself and get back to the doctor if you're not better real soon. I had appendix problems when I was 11 and I still remember to this day complaining about the pain and how sick I was and my a$$ of a father kept sending me to school and then they would send me home mid morning (where I would lay on the sofa with a bucket beside me alone because my father worked and I didn't have a mom). Finally after the 3rd morning of this the school CALLED my father and demanded he pick me up and have me looked at. He took me to the hospital where they admitted me right away and stated it almost burst!

Don't mess around with this Kasey! We love you!

I'm off for an impromptu dinner date with DH so I'll check back in here later tonight when I'm supposed to be starting to pack. My DS got invited to sleep over at a friend's after goalie camp today and my DD and her friend who's staying with us until Saturday had wanted to go to the mall and a movie which is half an hour away so I dropped them off an hour ago. Then I thought hmm...what am I going to cook for supper? I don't think so! Off to have dinner and some peace and quiet for a change.

See you all later! It'll be interesting to see what everyone else thinks about the idea.

Hey Jodi, if you share those CD's you won, I'll share my ABBA's greatest hits CD and my Air Supply CD! :)

Thanks for the words regarding my appendix- the doctor said it's either that or an infection in my fallopian tube and ovary on the right side, we'll know more as the pain worsens and after I call in tomorrow AM for the blood test results. Don't worry I won't mess around with this, I know it's serious!

Jodi - that is such a fun generous offer! I'd love to listen to it and keep it going for you. If Meg is next that works great whenever it comes and goes my DD can send a note to her DD with it.It'll be interesting to see what it does in a year...and hey, it could provide Gary Cox with some great testimonials in the end.

Kitchen Diva said:
Hey Jodi, if you share those CD's you won, I'll share my ABBA's greatest hits CD and my Air Supply CD! :)
Thanks for the words regarding my appendix- the doctor said it's either that or an infection in my fallopian tube and ovary on the right side, we'll know more as the pain worsens and after I call in tomorrow AM for the blood test results. Don't worry I won't mess around with this, I know it's serious!

LOL!!! Promise? I LOVE Abba and Air Supply! :love::love:

Bye for now, hubby's calling and I'm STARVING!!

OMG Kacey!!!!~ Who is going to go and see Mama Mia tommorrow when it comes out in theaters???

Jodi - wonder if we could make cd copies and then send out - Love that offer - you are too cute and generous!

PamperedDor said:
OMG Kacey!!!!~ Who is going to go and see Mama Mia tommorrow when it comes out in theaters???

Jodi - wonder if we could make cd copies and then send out - Love that offer - you are too cute and generous!

That would violate Gary Cox's copyrights... :(

OHHH good point Janet !!!

Love the idea of sharing - let me know my turn!

kcjodih said:
LOL!!! Promise? I LOVE Abba and Air Supply! :love::love:

Bye for now, hubby's calling and I'm STARVING!!

For you, I'd even send my Footloose CD your way! :) (as long as I can find it!)

"I would love to get in on the list to listen to the CD's.... Thanks for thinking of all of us........

Kitchen Diva said:

OOOOO - footloose, airsupply and Abba?? Who wants REO Speedwagon???

I would throw in a Billy Joel but after last nights concert - not a chance! I do have the Knack!!! LOL

End of Highjack..........

Kitchen Diva said:

I have that one...well on cassette tape...

janetupnorth said:
I have that one...well on cassette tape...

CASSETTE tape??? Hmmmm - what is that? LOL!! YOU my girl are too young to have that on tape!!! LOL!

PamperedDor said:
CASSETTE tape??? Hmmmm - what is that? LOL!! YOU my girl are too young to have that on tape!!! LOL!

Nope, CDs came out in High School - it took me a few years to switch over too...

Remember Laser Discs????

PamperedDor said:

ME! ME! ME! I have been singing, "Mama Mia..Oh, My..How can I resist you?" ALL DAY. I sang it at lunch when my DH came home, I sang it at dinner. No kids this week and he's off tomorrow. At dinner I said, "I wish Kyla were here. She'd go to the movie with me." He said, "Why can't I go with you? I'll take you." Gotta love a guy that will take you to a chick flick without complaining :love:

Jodi...love the idea of sharing the CD. It can be like the book, The Diary of the Traveling Pants. (Is that the right name?) Definitely have to include a small spiral notebook ("The Diary of the Traveling CD.") so everyone that gets it can sign their name and write a little note about something they learned.

janetupnorth said:
Nope, CDs came out in High School - it took me a few years to switch over too...

Remember Laser Discs????

BARELY!!!! I was married with kids by the time CD's came out so I had tapes (heck My older sisters had this big ones - 8 tracks or something!) I was a "album" girl! Still have mine!!! Micheal Jackson Thriller, Madonna, REO, The Knack, Billy Joel, Chaka Khan, Donna Summer - oh to name a few - (ok - so YA I was a 80's girl!!)

Great idea Lisa on the notebook!

GeorgiaPeach said:
ME! ME! ME! I have been singing, "Mama Mia..Oh, My..How can I resist you?" ALL DAY. I sang it at lunch when my DH came home, I sang it at dinner. No kids this week and he's off tomorrow. At dinner I said, "I wish Kyla were here. She'd go to the movie with me." He said, "Why can't I go with you? I'll take you." Gotta love a guy that will take you to a chick flick without complaining :love:

Jodi...love the idea of sharing the CD. It can be like the book, The Diary of the Traveling Pants. (Is that the right name?) Definitely have to include a small spiral notebook ("The Diary of the Traveling CD.") so everyone that gets it can sign their name and write a little note about something they learned.

Lisa - If you ever get to NYC - YOU HAVE to see it on Broadway! I loved it - total girls weekend thing - its amazing - I am going tommorrow with my teenager daughters (just to embarrass them by standing and dancing to every song!) and my BFFS!

Jodi...that is a wonderful and generous offer. Please add me to the list and let me know when it is my turn and I will send my address.

I have a TON of CD's...what is anyone looking for?

Kitchen Diva said:

Kacey...I am just thankful for you that this pain didn't hit during conference. That would have really put a damper on things. Keep us posted!

PamperedDor said:

ME, ME, ME!!!!!!!!!!! I went to see the stageplay a few years ago and have driven my family NUTSsince then...I always loved ABBA and after that, it got even worse!
A funny story....when DH & I went on our cruise last year, one of the entertainment groups was ABBA-CADABRA.....a rip off ABBA group that was actually very good! I about peed myself when we found out and then sat in the second row singing every single song...poor DH was just mortified!

PamperedDor said:
BARELY!!!! I was married with kids by the time CD's came out so I had tapes (heck My older sisters had this big ones - 8 tracks or something!) I was a "album" girl! Still have mine!!! Micheal Jackson Thriller, Madonna, REO, The Knack, Billy Joel, Chaka Khan, Donna Summer - oh to name a few - (ok - so YA I was a 80's girl!!)

Dor, I am with ya honey! I still have my "GREASE" and "SNF" albums among many, many others....no record player to play them on, but I still have them!

Meg - A little mortification for the DH is always good!! LOL!

he gets healthy doses daily!

Although, he just shared with me that he needed more of my business cards..he handed out the last one last night...I thanked him for doing that and them I remembered where he was last night.....at a funeral home for a visitation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh now that is dead funny..................

Had to get to it before KG did!

PamperedDor said:
Oh now that is dead funny..................

Had to get to it before KG did!

GROAN

but it was, wasn't it????

I would love to be on the list - please:)!

paigev71 said:
Kacey...I am just thankful for you that this pain didn't hit during conference. That would have really put a damper on things. Keep us posted!

Thanks, however I didn't go to conference this year. :(

Yeah, they're dying to get PC stuff there!

:sing:Mama mia, here I go again, my my, how can I resist you ....:sing:

I like this idea. I am in no hurry ... I was not even TRYING to win because I already won something pretty fabulous at conference ... but I like the idea of the Sisterhood of the Traveling CDs ...

kcjodih said:
How about the first ever CS sharing CD?

As you may or may not know I was lucky enough to win the contest for the 500,000 post on CS. I got to thinking why not share?

I thought I could listen to it and when I'm finished I could pass it along to the next in line. It shouldn't cost too much for shipping, with insurance of course. :) I thought I'd send it to Janet next since she was the 500,001 post and I was teasing her about it BEFORE I found out I won ;) and then when she's done she could post here and the first to respond would be next in line etc.

Or if someone figures out a better way logistically that's fine too but I definitely want to send it Janet's way first due to the above.

So, what do you all think? Anyone interested? Do you think it could work? and would you be interested in participating and be willing to spend the $ to ship and insure it?

I just wanna share!!!!!!!!!

Thoughts?

Congrats on winning!!!! Way to Post!!!

Get it? instead of Go...oh, nevermind!! LOL

Anyhow, congrats!!

PamperedDor said:
OOOOO - footloose, airsupply and Abba?? Who wants REO Speedwagon???

I would throw in a Billy Joel but after last nights concert - not a chance! I do have the Knack!!! LOL

End of Highjack..........

What's the matter with the clothes I'm wearing
Can't you tell that my tie's too wide...:sing::sing:

I'd be interested if you end up doing this also. Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda

chefmeg said:
Dor, I am with ya honey! I still have my "GREASE" and "SNF" albums among many, many others....no record player to play them on, but I still have them!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE GREASE!!!

Summer lovin' happened so fast....

Grease lightening...

Grease is the word...

:D

Okay all we need to vote. Since we already have so many interested should we just start a list now and then start at the top of it and go from there? Or do I send to the first person, they listen and then post and the first to respond gets it and then they listen and post and the first person then to respond gets it etc?

Also is it going to be a CD we're sending around with a little notebook or is it going to be a cd CASE with multiple CD's and a notebook? LOL

I think I opened a can of worms and now I don't know what to do with it!

I think the CDs need some sort of case for protection. And speaking of protection ... since you are the original owner, I would reccomend you make a copy of all of them for your OWN PERSONAL USE ... that way if there is a tragic international mail incident, you will still have your prize. That would not harm the copywright.We get a discount through FedEx, though I don't think we need to use them. But it is a bit more costly to get things to and from the border ...

kcjodih said:
What's the matter with the clothes I'm wearing
Can't you tell that my tie's too wide...:sing::sing:

Ah...Billy Joel. We had one of his songs sang at our wedding. "You're My Home". Rich would write the words to songs and pass them to me in class. Billy Joel was one of his favorites. I paid attention in class and got okay grades. He passed notes and got straight A's...that's just wrong!!

Jodi~

See what I mean? I told you I was glad that someone sweet won the contest...and there you go being sweet again and thinking of others! That's why you were blessed with the 500,000 post!

I would LOVE to get "on the list" however we end up doing it! It is so nice of you to even OFFER this!

I agree with Diane...YOU are able to make a copy for your own use/protection in case the other cd's don't make it! That is 100% ok!

kcjodih said:
Okay all we need to vote. Since we already have so many interested should we just start a list now and then start at the top of it and go from there? Or do I send to the first person, they listen and then post and the first to respond gets it and then they listen and post and the first person then to respond gets it etc?

Also is it going to be a CD we're sending around with a little notebook or is it going to be a cd CASE with multiple CD's and a notebook? LOL

I think I opened a can of worms and now I don't know what to do with it!

I vote that it is your CD, so you get to decide the rules. That being said...

can you be bribed to get myself up higher on the list?

Okay I think 'cause I'm tired I didn't explain myself properly. What I meant was is it now going to be the winning CD and a notebook or the winning CD, Air Supply, Flashdance, Abba etc and a notebook. There's been so many CD's offered to share that I thought maybe we were adding as we received the package before we passed along LOL

Clear as mud now?

I will however take you ladies' advice and make a copy for myself in case the original gets lost. Thanks for that idea!

I knew what you meant... I was just playin' with ya! (Well, all but the bribing you part *wink*wink*)

I think it should just be the winning CD and the notebook. Otherwise everyone will want to add a CD to the pile and it will quickly be expensive to ship. And I would keep the original CD if I were you. It is YOURS... you won it. Ship the copy... that way if it gets lost, you still have the original.

Hey - you changed your avatar. My contacts are dirty, so I can't see it very well, but nice pink finger???

katie0128 said:
I knew what you meant... I was just playin' with ya! (Well, all but the bribing you part *wink*wink*)

I think it should just be the winning CD and the notebook. Otherwise everyone will want to add a CD to the pile and it will quickly be expensive to ship. And I would keep the original CD if I were you. It is YOURS... you won it. Ship the copy... that way if it gets lost, you still have the original.

Hey - you changed your avatar. My contacts are dirty, so I can't see it very well, but nice pink finger???[/QUOTE]

LOL TOO funny! And yes, I changed it to a picture of me and my baby boy. Taken at the Toronto Blue Jays game in June where my daughter was singing the 2 national anthems. She had to go in earlier than the rest of us so I was holding her 'we're #1' finger and my son had his and then DH snapped a pic. There are soooo few pictures of me with my kids or DH since I'm usually the one behind the camera so I decided I'd save and post it. I just don't know how to crop it in closer so that everyone can get a close-up :)eek: maybe that's a good thing!) The pic looks great until I added it here and it changed to a thumbsize one and now you can't see anything...

And yes, I'll copy and send the copy and notebook. Anything people decide to add as it makes it's journey will be up to them. :)

What a great idea! You're so generous....of course, all us Canadian girls are!! :p

And something you could do is have a little diary type book that follows it and we could all write a little note and sign it when we get it!

Oh, and Janet, I have Footloose cassette tape too! :p

<h2>1. What is the proposal for the first ever CS sharing CD?</h2><p>The proposal is to create a sharing CD for members of CS to pass along and listen to. It was inspired by a contest win for the 500,000 post on CS and the desire to share with others.</p><h2>2. How will the sharing CD work?</h2><p>The CD will be sent to the first person on the list (in this case, Janet) and after listening to it, they will pass it along to the next person on the list. This process will continue until everyone on the list has had a chance to listen to it.</p><h2>3. Will there be a cost for participating in the sharing CD?</h2><p>Yes, there will be a cost for shipping and insuring the CD as it is passed along to each person on the list.</p><h2>4. Can anyone participate in the sharing CD?</h2><p>Yes, anyone on CS can participate in the sharing CD as long as they are willing to cover the cost of shipping and insuring the CD.</p><h2>5. How can I get involved in the sharing CD?</h2><p>If you are interested in participating in the sharing CD, you can reach out to the person who currently has the CD or post on the thread to be added to the list. You will then be responsible for shipping and insuring the CD when it is your turn to receive it.</p>

Related to New for Cs - I Have a Proposal :)

1. What is the proposal for the first ever CS sharing CD?

The proposal is to create a sharing CD for members of CS to pass along and listen to. It was inspired by a contest win for the 500,000 post on CS and the desire to share with others.

2. How will the sharing CD work?

The CD will be sent to the first person on the list (in this case, Janet) and after listening to it, they will pass it along to the next person on the list. This process will continue until everyone on the list has had a chance to listen to it.

3. Will there be a cost for participating in the sharing CD?

Yes, there will be a cost for shipping and insuring the CD as it is passed along to each person on the list.

4. Can anyone participate in the sharing CD?

Yes, anyone on CS can participate in the sharing CD as long as they are willing to cover the cost of shipping and insuring the CD.

5. How can I get involved in the sharing CD?

If you are interested in participating in the sharing CD, you can reach out to the person who currently has the CD or post on the thread to be added to the list. You will then be responsible for shipping and insuring the CD when it is your turn to receive it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jnnfrc
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Trudie32
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies