• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Staying Positive in an Unpositive World

J
Judybabe
Ok, now that I've practically slept all of the past 2 days. I'm feeling better, but still sad about this town.

Thanks to all who offered hope and suggestions that I most likely was overly tired due to my Mother in law's passing last Sunday and dealing with it all week.

I have made some decisions that hopefully will enable me to return to the sweet loving person I normally am.

I am resigned to having to live here for a few years.

I am resigned to the fact that I will never fit in since I'm a newbie here.

I have decided to send forth my PC biz over in Stratton and Trenton (nearby towns) and see what comes. I will put out some catalogs, with the specials and see what comes up. Maybe people are scared of a new person 'selling' something.

who knows.

Personally, how do you military wives deal with moving to new places? there has to be an adjustment period or something? welcome wagon?

Thanks again for all your prayers, I'm feeling better so they must have worked.

Judy

I'm so glad you posted today, Judy. You have been in my prayers, and it is good to hear they are working. Glad the extra sleep helped too.

If nothing else, years from now, when you look back at the struggles you had to adjust, you will be more compassionate and sensitive to new folks you meet. Remembering my past and how it felt, has done that for me. My line, those many years ago, was to walk up to the person I did not know, and say, "Hi, I don't think we have met." Sometimes they surprised me by responding, "this is my first time here". Then I could share that I had only moved with ------weeks ago, and we should make it a point to get to know one another. I'm talking about a Church setting, by the way. We have a coffee hour after our Mass, every Sunday. Volunteering was another place that helped me meet people. Hobby related groups were great sources of friends for me too. Quilting was my best bet.

I've been trying to find a quilting group here too. There is a scrapbooking club that meets at my church. I make cards, so I'll go when that comes up.Im was getting involved in my daughter's girl scouts, but have met with some resistance, again, since I'm new. we'll see. I was very involved with the Chamber of Commerce where we moved from, but here since I'm not a member I have been asked to not help unless I join. I was going to join under the biz of PC but the president said that was a hoky women's hobby. I gotta shut up, this sound unbelieveable even to me.

Judybabe said:
I've been trying to find a quilting group here too. There is a scrapbooking club that meets at my church. I make cards, so I'll go when that comes up.

Im was getting involved in my daughter's girl scouts, but have met with some resistance, again, since I'm new. we'll see.

I was very involved with the Chamber of Commerce where we moved from, but here since I'm not a member I have been asked to not help unless I join. I was going to join under the biz of PC but the president said that was a hoky women's hobby.

I gotta shut up, this sound unbelieveable even to me.

Seriously? either way it's a biz, so they can't turn you away.:grumpy:

oh Judy, i am so glad our prayers worked! and im happy you are goign to keep at PC!! yay for prayers of friends working!!!

Since you spoke of Trenton and Stratton, I now know where you are! I grew up in that neck of the woods and I will tell you people drive! We thought nothing of getting up early on a Saturday morning and driving to Denver to go shopping! My point is, you most likely will have to drive to make your business survive! I would be looking for church fall festivals or any other kind of booth in any surrounding towns within a 100 mile radius. The one thing you have going for you out there is you don't have the competition of a fast food joint on each and every corner! People out there cook!
I would work up some kind of flyer to post on bulletin boards. And I would Pamper a Business. Not so much expecting an order right then and there, but to introduce yourself and let people get to know you. I was a sales rep for about 20 years (called on Benkelman) and the main reason I was successful in the rural area is I understood you had to prove yourself first. My experience was, sometime after the 3rd time you engaged a conversation with them they let their guard down. Bottom line is you are a stranger in a small community and you have to put yourself out there and let them get to know you.

Bottom line is you are a stranger in a small community and you have to put yourself out there and let them get to know you.

I can't do that anymore. At least not for a while. I've been hit on so many fronts, for self preservation I am retreating.
I will go over to Trenton and Stratton and put up some posters and leave some catalogs. I know about the biz. pampering, my Director does it in Kansas. I will think about that. If they are leary of me, offering food from a stranger might not be a good idea the first time.

My approach with Pampered Chef has to change. I thought of it as a tool to get to know people... no more. I now believe it has to become the tool for people to get to know me.

On the lighter side, when I went to a circle meeting at the church we are joining and I said in my introduction that I offer PC, that got a laugh.
One lady does Watkins, one Discovery toys, one Creative memories, one Arbonne and one Mary Kay. There were 8 ladies there!:balloon:

Oh, pjpamchef!thanks for the positive words. I'm glad someone on earth knows where this place is!Jessica, did you find it on the map yet?

haha now i did!

bum f*** Egypt! Isn't it!

WooHoo! or should I say WaHoo!FINALLY, FINALLY after three months, I got a contractor coming over tomorrow to give me a bid on a new furnace, AND another contractor coming over to give me bids on my windows, roof and other work! AND, the carpet layer is coming over tomorrow after noon to lay the carpeting in my front bedroom! I'm doing the happy dance, happy dance, happy dance!The wife of the carpet layer is my spouses' niece and she came over to give us cards that they received because of my MIL passing.she saw that I had ripped up the carpeting myself, had it on the front porch and was cutting the pad myself. I just told her I was tired of living with boxes and even though it wasn't going to look the best, was going to lay the carpet myself. with my staple gun!:DThe guy calls! Seems another job, the carpet hasn't arrived yet so he can squeeze me in for an afternoon! duh! it's only a small bedroom and I've done the hard part already!anyway, happy dance for me

I'm so glad you're sticking with the biz and getting away from those hokey people who don't know a legitimate business from a hole in the ground!My cousin is a military member who just got transferred to Colo. Springs. They are adjusting to the new place and getting to know their new community.

I'm still curious, when a military person comes in, do other military people throw them a welcome party? send over a welcome wagon? at least come over and introduce themselves?

Judybabe said:
On the lighter side, when I went to a circle meeting at the church we are joining and I said in my introduction that I offer PC, that got a laugh. One lady does Watkins, one Discovery toys, one Creative memories, one Arbonne and one Mary Kay. There were 8 ladies there!:balloon:

How perfect! I don't normally like to swap shows, but you may want to consider it. And here's a great resource for you to discuss how they work their businesses. I get some great tips from my friends who are in other DS companies.

Noora, I'm thinking of approaching these ladies and suggesting doing a 'mall' shop some weekend before Christmas. Invite in a few crafters as well.Shock today.As an EMT I responded to a call of a grain truck hit by a train near here. The driver got over the tracks before the train hit the trailer. He's ok, no transport. At any rate, another EMT who works at the nursing home asked me about helping the nursing home write a grant for an AED unit. She'd heard that I write grants and thought perhaps I could help. she asked how to go about it, and I offered some suggestions and even said I would write it if they provided the info.wow, shock of the day for me.

when I went to a circle meeting at the church we are joining and I said in my introduction that I offer PC, that got a laugh. One lady does Watkins, one Discovery toys, one Creative memories, one Arbonne and one Mary Kay. There were 8 ladies there!

Maybe there's a multi vendor event in there for you?? A holiday bazaar or something.

Lisa

1. How can I stay positive in an unpositive world?

Staying positive in a world filled with negativity can be challenging, but there are a few things you can do to maintain a positive mindset. First, try to focus on the good things in your life, even if they seem small. This can help shift your perspective and remind you that there is still positivity in the world. Additionally, surround yourself with positive people and engage in activities that bring you joy and happiness. And remember that it's okay to feel sad or down sometimes - acknowledging and processing those emotions can also help you stay positive in the long run.

2. How can I cope with feeling sad about my surroundings?

It's normal to feel sad about your surroundings, especially if you're in a new place or if you don't feel like you fit in. However, try to focus on the things that you can control, such as your thoughts and actions. Find ways to make your surroundings more enjoyable, whether it's through exploring new places, connecting with others, or finding ways to contribute positively to your community. And remember to give yourself time to adjust - it's okay to not feel completely comfortable right away.

3. How can I return to being my normal, happy self?

Returning to your normal, happy self may take time and effort, but it is possible. Start by acknowledging and processing your emotions surrounding your recent loss. Then, take steps to take care of yourself - get enough sleep, eat well, exercise, and engage in activities that bring you joy. It may also be helpful to talk to a therapist or trusted friend or family member about your feelings. And remember to be patient with yourself - healing takes time.

4. How can I adjust to military life and moving to new places?

Moving to new places and adjusting to military life can be difficult, but there are ways to make the transition smoother. One helpful strategy is to reach out to other military spouses and join support groups or organizations. They can provide valuable insight and support during the adjustment period. Additionally, try to keep an open mind and be flexible - embracing new experiences and opportunities can make the transition easier. And remember to take care of yourself and your family during this time.

5. Is there anything else I can do to feel better?

In addition to the suggestions mentioned above, there are a few other things you can do to improve your mood and overall well-being. Practice self-care, such as taking breaks when needed, saying no to things that drain you, and engaging in activities that bring you joy. Surround yourself with positive, supportive people and seek help if you need it. And remember that it's okay to not be okay - give yourself permission to feel your emotions and be patient with yourself as you work towards feeling better.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • Dena Finney
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
nay62