• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Regaining Your Mojo: Tips for Energizing Your Direct Sales Shows

In summary, the comedian is feeling down about their shows lately and feels like they need more interactive opportunities to get people involved. However, they think that advertising their upcoming shows might be a good idea. They also mention that occasionally taking a break from their personal life can help them recharge and bring back their "mojo."
Hunter Mom
I feel like I've lost some of my "mojo" lately. I have an awesome show average and routinely have well attended shows with bookings. My calendar is comfortably full right now. My hosts are awesome, but I feel like my shows have been completely flat lately. I have tried doing different demos (although fajitas are my hands-down favorite!) and nothing seems to make much difference. I feel like I just blab on and on.

I want my shows to be more interactive, but they just aren't. The last few shows I've done, I try my darndest to get people involved, but they just don't. No matter what host coaching and guest cajoling I do, they do NOT seem to want to get involved. I am a teacher, so I should know all the tricks to get folks involved, but they just haven't worked!

PLEASE tell me how you get over these flat spots!

Last edited:
The last show that I did, I started throwing candy to anyone that helped, made a good comment or just tickled my fancy for some reason. They thought it was great fun. I just kept some bite-size candy in my apron pocket.

I started giving tickets, similar to the ticket game, except that guests get tickets for anything I think deserves one (asking questions, giving tips, trying out a product, asking business questions, complimenting the host, etc). I've really found this to work well, especially if you have a few competitive people in the crowd to spur the others on. There might still be one or two that just want to watch, and that's ok, but at least the rest are interacting, either by asking questions or getting hands-on.

Heck, if you are like me, you will injure yourself and the rest will HAVE to be hands on. ;)

I seriously am thinking of advertising, "Come to my host's show and see what kind of a mess I can cook up next." LOL!

I am thinking that chatting with the host about people's interests might get you somewhere. I have had a couple shows that I discovered, after the fact, that they were all camper/RV people. That is what you would want to promote then. Anything that makes the grilling, storage, etc. easier. Back to the candy! If you can't think of an item that would be perfect, ask them! Whoever gives an idea, gets a bonus candy tossed at them. Interactive and it takes the pressure off of you, somewhat.

I get the sense that this is about how you're feeling, not how your shows are actually going. Have you looked at your attitude? Sometimes I'm not in a fun frame of mind. It's not bad, just not fun. I find that listening to a comedian (or comedienne) on the way to a show gets me laughing, which make me feel fun from the moment I walk in.Just a thought.

Finding the funniest person in the room and getting them started helps too. Sometimes, I just don't feel funny. If I can find that person, they sort of jump-start me to get going too.

Hunter Mom, Rae I think hit it on the head. Is there something in your personal life as well that needs to be resolved? I find that my personal life can have a huge effect on how I come across at parties. And I am going to say it, maybe you need a break. Sometimes just taking a week or two off is enough to re-energize. We all have those times. And different things work for different people.
Also, as for the interactive shows, I do them all the time. But I do a different twist on it. I do not do a demo per say. What I do is take 20 minutes, thank my host, if the group is small enough I ask them to introduce themselves and ask for their favorite product. Then I talk about the host benefits and consulting. Then I say "OK. It is time to make the food. Who wants to eat?" I wait for the replies then I say, "Well, I can not do it all by myself so I really could use some help. We will be making.... Anyone who would like to help or watch and see some of our great tools in action, is welcome!". I never get a turn down, I do not have to be the caterer but I also do not push anyone who does not want to participate. I find that more depressing if I have to push to get a reaction. So I am able to leave out those who do not want to do it. We prep the food, I answer questions or give tips to whom ever is in the kitchen. After food is served I asked for some input about the products from those who did help or watched. Then I chat for a bit. On a personal level, not as a PC consultant. Then I thank everyone for coming, ask for orders and do my check out.

Yes, life has been very stressful lately. I teach (and it was a rough year), so the end of the school year is always tough. I have also become director of a community art center (though the district) that had its grand opening May 6. I am also a summer school principal. Now that kids are gone, that's a huge stress gone.

My main stress relief is riding my horse, and I haven't gotten time to do that regularly since March. If I've been lucky, I've ridden once a week. That's down from 4-6 rides a week and competing once a month or so. Even my trainer has mentioned how distracted I have been. I am really hoping that not having school will make a big difference. I really do need to regroup some in general.

You are mentally exhausted and that is a sure way to feel blah about everything, even at your shows. All work and no play you know! Now that you have the time coming, you definitely need to regroup, put your mind in a better place and you should be good to go.

Sounds like you need to schedule some "me time". How about getting a pedicure, manicure, and/or a massage? Just a few hours to yourself may do you wonders!!

Best of luck! (And, now that I've actually said it, maybe I'll schedule a pedicure, too! lol)

sounds like you need to win that spa package at conference!!!

Brenda.the.chef said:
sounds like you need to win that spa package at conference!!!

Oh yea, I forgot about that!! Sounds even better than buying it myself!!

(But then again, maybe I could just go twice!! ha! ha!):balloon:

I wish I could go to conference - but I can't. :( I have a horse show that weekend, and it is at my barn, so I'm helping to put it on. I do have a gift certificate for a massage, though, that will be redeemed SOON. We've got a pretty busy day, but I'd love to sneak off for a pedicure.

We got through week one of horse camp, and summer school begins next week. That means I'll only be working mornings through June. That is nice. It's also a lot lower-stress because I'm the principal.

1. What is Mojo?

Mojo is a seasoning blend made by Pampered Chef that adds a delicious, bold flavor to any dish. It is a combination of spices like paprika, cumin, and oregano, along with dried herbs and a touch of salt.

2. How do I use Mojo?

Mojo can be used as a rub for meats, added to marinades, sprinkled on vegetables, or mixed into dips and sauces. It can also be used as a seasoning for rice, beans, and other grains.

3. Is Mojo gluten-free?

Yes, Mojo is gluten-free. It does not contain any gluten-containing ingredients and is certified gluten-free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization.

4. Can I adjust the spiciness of Mojo?

Yes, you can adjust the spiciness of Mojo by adding more or less to your dish. It has a medium level of heat, so for a milder flavor, use less and for a spicier flavor, use more.

5. How long does Mojo last?

Mojo has a shelf life of two years if kept in a cool, dry place. Once opened, it is recommended to use it within 6 months for the best flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Rosebud
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Rosebud
Replies
Views
Stephanie78
Replies
Views
islandgurlchef