• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boosting Bookings: Tips for Motivating Your Direct Sales Business

S
sfdavis918
I'm feeling kind of down about my business right now. I am coming off of a fantastic October, my best month of sales in the past year. Problem is, I think it was just luck. I can't honestly say I did anything to make it happen. Now, I'm looking at only one show left on my calendar and one catalog show. It's so depressing!

Of the 6 shows that I had last month I didn't get one booking! I can't believe it. I don't think that I have been doing anything different, but for some reason I can't get bookings at the shows. If I can't do that, then my business is doomed, right?:cry:

Maybe I just don't have the personality it takes to do this. I am always upbeat at shows and smiling, genuinely having fun. My guests always look like they are enjoying themselves, laughing and smiling, and really into my recipes.

I wait until towards the end to go over the host benefits, so that I don't try to sell them on it too early, when they haven't gotten to know me or what I do yet. It seems like people's eyes glaze over at that time and suddenly they don't even want to talk to me. They drop their receipt with me (and my sales at shows are pretty good) and disappear until I have figured it all up. Then I ask them if they had a good time and they say yes, it was fun, or something to that effect. Then I ask if they would like to host a show to earn free products and have a fun night with friends. The answer is always, no, I don't think so. It's weird now that I think about it, I don't even get excuses as to why not, it's just no, I don't think so. Ugh!

I'm seriously upset about this. I feel like I really don't have any control over my business. It is actually making me question whether or not I really should be doing this. I do like it, but the shows with no bookings are so disappointing, I don't know how much more I can take.

Help!!

First off, talk about the host benefits ALL the way through the show. I always start off with thanking the host and giving her a small gift. I say "Suzy host is so smart because she is going to be able to work the system legally to get tons of free and highly discounted products. And, one of the best benefits is the Host Special. She gets to choose X. I do know the host specials through X and would be happy to talk to you about them. In fact, if you decide to party on after Suzy host's party, she will be able to get the host special at your party - you already have your first order!" Throughout the show I talk about the host benefits. I tell the host during host coaching and before people arrive that it is their job to ooooh and aaaah over all the products - tell how they use them, how they will use them and point out what they are wanting to get for free. This really helps, too. I ask the host to tell about how easy it was to have the show (sometimes I don't even have to ask - they just tell everyone!) since I send out the invites and make the reminder calls. I also give them the Do You Love a Bargain flyer and have them circle what they want. That way I get THE HOST focused on getting bookings, too. At the end of the show I play pass the product with a timer. One time it is about hosting a show, the next is about becoming a consultant. By this time they have been given lots of little tips about the products, have seen an easy recipe and are excited about the products and hopefully are having fun. This brings them back to the business part of the show. Then, at checkout, I ask them about recruiting, hosting, email newsletter, and referrals. If they seem iffy about hosting, I let them know that I don't consider it a booking until I get a date and a guest list. "However, if you think it might happen in the next 6 months, let's put you down as a booking so Suzy Host can get the host special when your show comes up. What month were you thinking about?" It is amazing how many people are only thinking 2 months out!!!HTH

One thing I have been doing that seems to really help people think about booking is using the "booking coupons" I found on here. No matter how much I TALK about the host benefits, it just didn't seem to be getting through - even to my hosts! So I started doing this:
I use these right at the beginning of my show, when I am thanking my host for hosting, and presenting her with the SB.....I then ask her to come stand beside me - and I say "Often, hosts aren't aware of all of the great gifts and deals they are going to receive just for inviting a few friends into their home. So I like to show you using these coupons - I know I am a visual person, and it helps me explain it better if I have props!"
I then hand the coupons one at a time to the host, and talk about each benefit as I am handing them to her. When it comes to the 60% past host booking benefit coupon, I make it a point to let them know what month the host is hoping to have show booked in, because she really wants the host bonus for that month. Usually the host chimes in at that point and stresses that point too!

The one thing outside of shows that I would really encourage you to do, if you aren't already, is start doing 3-2-1 calls. Make 3 calls a day - this would be a perfect time to do CCC's for all of those guests from your October shows.

I had a lady stop by my Fundraiser booth this past weekend, and book a show for January. She had been at a show about 3 weeks ago - and told me "no" to a show. When she saw me at the booth, she said "Oh - I'm glad you are here today! I told you I didn't want to have a show.....but I've been thinking about maybe having one ever since then!" So - even though they told you "no" at the show - it doesn't mean "no, never"........!

Attachments

• bookingcouponswd(2).doc
    167 KB · Views: 261
Great advice Kate!!

What I am going to start to do, also, is on my labels for catalogs, I am going to focus on my website. (Just by going to my website, the can email me, call me, find out my name etc). This will get them to the website, let them look around, etc. Perhaps they will book shows online. You know what I mean?

Especially on catalogs I leave around town. People are funny about having to call someone they dont know.

I am having trouble with bookings/recruiting also.

It sounds weird, but you have to tell people something three times before it even registers. (Don't believe me? How many times did it take the last time before your spouse or kids picked up their shoes?) Sprinkle several little one- or two-sentence comments about hosting throughout your show. It will get them thinking about it. Also, you mention that "their eyes are glazed over" by the end of the show. How long is your demo? I'm finding that shorter demos equal better bookings.

1. How can I boost bookings for my direct sales business?

There are several strategies you can try to increase bookings for your direct sales business. Some ideas include offering incentives for guests who book a party, creating a sense of urgency by highlighting limited-time offers, and reaching out to potential hosts directly through phone calls or personalized messages. You can also ask your current customers for referrals and offer discounts or rewards for successful bookings.

2. What can I do if I am feeling down about my business and lack motivation?

It's completely normal to experience highs and lows in any business, so don't be too hard on yourself. To boost your motivation, try setting small achievable goals, celebrating your successes, and finding a support system of other direct sales professionals who can offer advice and encouragement. You can also take breaks and focus on self-care to prevent burnout.

3. How can I turn a successful month into a consistent trend?

It's important to analyze what worked well during your successful month and try to replicate those strategies in the future. This could include promoting popular products, implementing effective marketing tactics, or connecting with customers on a personal level. It's also important to continue learning and adapting your methods to stay ahead of the competition.

4. How can I improve my approach to booking at shows?

Consider trying different techniques such as mentioning the host benefits earlier in the show, offering a fun game or activity related to booking, or highlighting the benefits of hosting a party. It's also important to build a rapport with your guests and make them feel comfortable enough to consider hosting a show. Remember that it's okay to get a "no" and that persistence and positivity can go a long way.

5. Is my personality a factor in my lack of bookings?

It's possible that your personality may be a factor, but don't let that discourage you. Every person has their own unique strengths and weaknesses, and it's important to find the right approach that works for you. Consider seeking feedback from friends, family, or mentors, and try to incorporate their suggestions into your booking strategy. Remember, it's not about changing who you are, but rather finding a way to effectively communicate your passion for your business to potential hosts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Stephanie78
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
Hunter Mom
Replies
Views