• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Bookings: Overcoming Procrastination in Your Direct Sales Business

In summary, the author admits to being a procrastinator and hates making bookings phone calls. However, he does have a few open dates for June and July and wants to make sure he bookings so he tries to make the calls. He also admits that he is a procrastinator and doesn't want to hostess coach.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I admit it......I am a procrastinator!

I also HATE making bookings phone calls. I have sitting here 5, count 'em 5, phone #'s for people who have said "call me in June, and I'll book a show." but do I do it? I have been averaging 3 bookings a show, and somehow feel like I can depend on bookings from shows to keep me in business, but I know that these #'s may be the difference between levels in the sellathon, or may be the shows that put me in a different pay bracket...etc.....but I just cannot make the calls - what is wrong with me?
I only have a couple more open dates for June & July.....and now have 3 bookings for August, plus 1 each for Sept & Oct......and although I KNOW I should be following up with these "maybes", I let them sit there........where has my motivation gone?

I think I'll have to finish reading this post later...

:)Count me!!! ...Maybe... :D

I started making those calls this morning, but then realized I HAD to organize my pantry...

Mary

PS: While that's almost completely true, I did make a few calls last night and got a booking for 6/15, so it's never too late!

I'll do it tomorrow.

Some of us work well under pressure. And if you don't like making calls, all the more incentive to book at the show!

My problem is I also don't want to hostess coach!

Actually, I was just kidding. While I can procrastinate with the best of them, my calls for this evening are done.Neener, neener, neener. So, does your competitive spirit outweigh your procrastination?

Umm, those calls....the ones that have been on my "to-do" list for a few weeks now?

raebates said:
Actually, I was just kidding. While I can procrastinate with the best of them, my calls for this evening are done.

Neener, neener, neener.

So, does your competitive spirit outweigh your procrastination?

Show off....:mad:

I read this 3 completely different times and was going to reply.... now I will....

Oh wait a minute.....

When I read your post, It could have been written by me...I get at least 2 -3 bookings from my shows and love booking at shows, I never thought I'd find it easier to talk to someone fact to face( i was alwasy somewhat shy and would rather hide behind the phone) but now its the opposite because I feel like a blabbering idiot on the phone...or very choppy not smooth....
BUT someone at my meeting told me this and I want to hang it by my phone..every phone call = $$$, so I try to think of that....all those leads in front of you....money just waiting to be made, customers just waiting to be helped and guided to awesome products, so I feel you but it must be done.
Reward yourself with something after you do XX amount of calls,
Good luck....I will also try to follow my own advice...I know it will make a BIG difference in our businesses!!!

Paige Dixon said:
Some of us work well under pressure. And if you don't like making calls, all the more incentive to book at the show!

My problem is I also don't want to hostess coach!

ditto to all! And my other problem is that I wait so long to make the booking calls, that I feel like they will never remember me so why bother! Or, even though I NEED more bookings for June, I feel like it is too late to get them now!

amy07 said:
ditto to all! And my other problem is that I wait so long to make the booking calls, that I feel like they will never remember me so why bother! Or, even though I NEED more bookings for June, I feel like it is too late to get them now!

I'm in this group with ya'... I had two on the calendar and they BOTH cancelled (only one is a "possible" reschedule), so now that makes it... uh... 2-2 = BIG FAT ZERO!!!! Yuck!

Of course, I'm still trying to "rebuild" after taking time off for my DH's surgery, but it still is really crappy. I guess I could always have an open house or some such thing, but that would take even more effort... maybe...

(Quick - someone give me a BUNCH of encouragement so I'll actually get this done!)

we need to come up with club name other than procrastinators! We need a title to our sisterhood!
Cause I could have wrote almost every single one of these posts! And I should get the heck off this computer and make my call! sigh.....:eek: :rolleyes:

I'll get right on that club thing... tomorrow...

I don't have a problem with procrastination, all my potential hosts do!

Rae??? any thoughts? You seem to be the only one with your s**t together! :p :eek: :D LOL! Can anyone come up with our sisterhood title! Just thought that this would be a fun thing to brainstorm. Let's see how fast us procrastinators can come up with a name, when it's something fun!:p :rolleyes:

janetupnorth said:
I don't have a problem with procrastination, all my potential hosts do!

ROFLOL!!!!!!

The "It's Never Too Late" Club...

I'm only a closet procrastinator...I usually only procrastinate on housecleaning. Usually, I am too busy and motivated and get stuff done. ...couldn't resist picking on hosts though...

They also procrastinate on booking a party, holding a party, getting us guest lists or sending out invitations, picking a theme, making their wish list...he-he...

janetupnorth said:
The "It's Never Too Late" Club...

I'm only a closet procrastinator...I usually only procrastinate on housecleaning. Usually, I am too busy and motivated and get stuff done. ...couldn't resist picking on hosts though...

They also procrastinate on booking a party, holding a party, getting us guest lists or sending out invitations, picking a theme, making their wish list...he-he...

... on calling their PC Lady to even book the show...

Yes, I need to be a member of this club too....I'll join later, lol.
I AM going to do calls today though....going to try afternoon instead of evening & see how that works...

amy07 said:

I figure it takes quite a while to forget this wierd little redhead.

MissChef said:
Rae??? any thoughts? You seem to be the only one with your s**t together! :p :eek: :D LOL! Can anyone come up with our sisterhood title! Just thought that this would be a fun thing to brainstorm. Let's see how fast us procrastinators can come up with a name, when it's something fun!:p :rolleyes:

How about The Dalliers' Club? It sounds very polite, but still means those of us who put things off until later.

BTW, if I'm the only one with my, um, stuff together, we're in biiiiiig trouble.

I posted this somewhere else yesterday....I put the PRO into procrastinator!!!!:D
I'll write more later....

I'm surprised at you, Ann. You should know never to call yourself a PRO on in this community.

You're just asking for trouble.

<giggle>

There goes my mind.... right in the gutter!

he he he... she said "pro."

See, I warned you.

Thanks for the set-up, Rae.

We make a great comedy team. Either one is willing to be the second banana, straight man, etc.

Last edited:
raebates said:
We make a great comedy team. Either one is willing to be the second banana, straight man, etc.
I think that's KG.

ooohhh..... I'm going to get it for that one......

raebates said:
I'm surprised at you, Ann. You should know never to call yourself a PRO on in this community.

You're just asking for trouble.
Oh my gosh your little smile dude had me ROTFL! How funny!

I was going to get in on this thread right away yesterday but I put it off.

chefann said:
I think that's KG.

ooohhh..... I'm going to get it for that one......
Well, maybe, if I ever get around to it.

I just now finally looked at this thread. I've been meaning to, though.

I said I was a PRO...it was Beth that said on another thread that she was a lead HO:eek: :eek: ....hmmmmm maybe she meant an Home Office Lead????

please don't hit me, Mommy!!!

And there was a thread the other day about someone getting their Ho call.Is that like a duck call?

Sounds more like someone who needs to buy one of your shirts.

chefann said:
And there was a thread the other day about someone getting their Ho call.

Is that like a duck call?

Wouldn't that be a wolf whistle?

When I think of a duck call I think of one expelling intestinal air out one's backside.:eek:

As opposed to a barking spider, which is expelling air from one's stomach through one's mouth.:eek:

baychef said:
I said I was a PRO...it was Beth that said on another thread that she was a lead HO:eek: :eek: ....hmmmmm maybe she meant an Home Office Lead????

please don't hit me, Mommy!!!
hmmm... I'll have to find that thread. I believe I said I was a HO lead not a "lead HO"!:eek:

edit: Yes, that IS what I said! Ann..... get your stories right!

BethCooks4U said:
hmmm... I'll have to find that thread. I believe I said I was a HO lead not a "lead HO"!:eek:

edit: Yes, that IS what I said! Ann..... get your stories right!

And that, my friends, is how rumors start!;)

And if I don't pay my hotel bill, then I'll be an idle roomer.

And if I don't get something out of the freezer for dinner I'dll be in trouble.

NO! I have a better idea! We can go somewhere - I deserve it.

If you were closer, I'd recommend a good place I know.Of course, I won't be there until 10 tonight anyway.

We went out for dinner tonight. I had veal parmesan. Dan had the chicken strips dinner. Nothin' like an all-beige dinner (the veg was corn on the cob, so it was in the same color family as the strips and fries). Or that makes you feel 6!I told him you could tell mine was from the adult menu because it had chopped parsley sprinkled around the edge of the plate.

Well I COULD make spaghetti and meatballs but I think I want that to be tomorrow's dinner. We'll see - he'll be home in about 15 minutes...

I am not a hijacker of this thread! I am procrastinating on dinner here! (Really I am!)

chefann said:
We went out for dinner tonight. I had veal parmesan. Dan had the chicken strips dinner. Nothin' like an all-beige dinner (the veg was corn on the cob, so it was in the same color family as the strips and fries). Or that makes you feel 6!

I told him you could tell mine was from the adult menu because it had chopped parsley sprinkled around the edge of the plate.
Do you know the difference between parsley and...no, better not tell that one here.

You mean, you didn't go and check out my handy-work?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You mean, you didn't go and check out my handy-work?
I suggested it. But Dan used a swear: **** [Restaurant name]! He was kidding.But we had a $3 off coupon for a family restaurant. Actually, it's basically at the same intersection. Mayberry's. Guess what the theme is?And Dan just said that your handiwork doesn't make the food taste any better.

Yah gotta nip it in the bud, Andy, I'm tellin' ya, ya gotta nip it in the bud!

chefann said:
I suggested it. But Dan used a swear: **** [Restaurant name]!

He was kidding.

But we had a $3 off coupon for a family restaurant. Actually, it's basically at the same intersection. Mayberry's. Guess what the theme is?

And Dan just said that your handiwork doesn't make the food taste any better.

I probably said the same thing about the one I was in last night. Several times, actually.

Ask any expert on the subject, and they're in favor of bud-nipping.

The decor at Mayberry's is a little disturbing. But not as disturbing as the embroidered sheriff badges on the wait staff's shirts.You can tell it's a good place to eat, though. Go past at 4:00, and the parking lot is full of Buicks, Cadillacs, Lincolns and Oldsmobiles. That's why we go after 6:00. All the old people are gone.

<h2>1. How can I overcome procrastination in my direct sales business?</h2><p>Procrastination is a common challenge in the direct sales industry. To overcome it, try breaking down your tasks into smaller, more manageable chunks. Set specific goals and deadlines for yourself, and hold yourself accountable. Additionally, try to identify the root cause of your procrastination and address it. Are you afraid of rejection? Do you lack confidence in your products? By addressing these underlying issues, you can overcome your procrastination and boost your bookings.</p><h2>2. What can I do if I hate making bookings phone calls?</h2><p>Making phone calls for bookings is an essential part of the direct sales business, but it can be daunting for some. If you hate making calls, try finding alternative methods of communication such as email or social media. You can also try role-playing with a fellow consultant or practicing your pitch until you feel more comfortable. Remember, the more you do it, the easier it will become.</p><h2>3. How important are bookings for my business?</h2><p>Bookings are crucial for the success of your direct sales business. They not only generate immediate income, but they also lead to potential future sales and new customers. Bookings also help you reach sales goals and potentially earn rewards and incentives from your company. Don't underestimate the power of bookings in growing your business.</p><h2>4. How should I follow up with potential bookings?</h2><p>Following up with potential bookings is essential to securing them. An easy way to follow up is to send a friendly reminder email or message a few days after your initial conversation. You can also offer incentives or bonuses to encourage them to book a show. Remember to be persistent but not pushy, and always thank them for their time and consideration.</p><h2>5. How can I stay motivated to make bookings calls?</h2><p>Motivation can be a challenge, especially when it comes to tasks we don't enjoy. To stay motivated, try setting specific goals for yourself and rewarding yourself when you achieve them. Surround yourself with positive and supportive people who can help keep you accountable. Also, remind yourself of the potential benefits and rewards of booking shows, such as earning more income and reaching your sales goals.</p>

1. How can I overcome procrastination in my direct sales business?

Procrastination is a common challenge in the direct sales industry. To overcome it, try breaking down your tasks into smaller, more manageable chunks. Set specific goals and deadlines for yourself, and hold yourself accountable. Additionally, try to identify the root cause of your procrastination and address it. Are you afraid of rejection? Do you lack confidence in your products? By addressing these underlying issues, you can overcome your procrastination and boost your bookings.

2. What can I do if I hate making bookings phone calls?

Making phone calls for bookings is an essential part of the direct sales business, but it can be daunting for some. If you hate making calls, try finding alternative methods of communication such as email or social media. You can also try role-playing with a fellow consultant or practicing your pitch until you feel more comfortable. Remember, the more you do it, the easier it will become.

3. How important are bookings for my business?

Bookings are crucial for the success of your direct sales business. They not only generate immediate income, but they also lead to potential future sales and new customers. Bookings also help you reach sales goals and potentially earn rewards and incentives from your company. Don't underestimate the power of bookings in growing your business.

4. How should I follow up with potential bookings?

Following up with potential bookings is essential to securing them. An easy way to follow up is to send a friendly reminder email or message a few days after your initial conversation. You can also offer incentives or bonuses to encourage them to book a show. Remember to be persistent but not pushy, and always thank them for their time and consideration.

5. How can I stay motivated to make bookings calls?

Motivation can be a challenge, especially when it comes to tasks we don't enjoy. To stay motivated, try setting specific goals for yourself and rewarding yourself when you achieve them. Surround yourself with positive and supportive people who can help keep you accountable. Also, remind yourself of the potential benefits and rewards of booking shows, such as earning more income and reaching your sales goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views