• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unemployment Struggles: Finding Laughter in Difficult Times

After a long wait, your unemployment claim was finally granted because you were fired while on a leave that your company told you to take. However, you received two letters saying that your former employer is appealing the claim and you will have to speak to a judge on June 5th. You plan on talking to an employment attorney to handle the situation. Despite the setbacks, you are not letting Satan bring you down and you are seeking prayers for peace and grace. Your friend Kelly also sends her thoughts and prayers, and asks about your vacation and if your husband made it home safely. You reply that he did, and you were able to somewhat
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
Okay, so by now everyone knows all the wonderful trials that me and my family have been going through- the latest are that both DH and I are recently unemployed. Both fired out of the blue.

So after almost 2 months of waiting on the MN Unemployment they finally granted my claim for unemployment because I was fired while on a leave that my company told me to take. Well I just got back from our vacation and see that two letters were sent to me saying that my former employer is appealing the claim, so I get to speak to a judge via phone on June 5th.

Needless to say, I'm calling that employment attorney tomorrow-

I just had to laugh when I read that letter. I started to get upset, but then I realized that Satan is just trying to get my eyes off of God, and trying to get me down. I won't let that happen.

I could still use some prayers for peace and grace because right now I really would like to punch a hole in the wall. I just don't get how some people can look themselves in the mirror...

Thanks for listening, it's good to be back, and I'll chat with you all later tonight I'm sure! :)

Thoughts and prayers coming your way, Kacey.

Diva, darling, you and your family are always in my prayers! How was the trip home?

If it weren't for bad luck I'd have not luck at all......

Seriously, I hope you win this! I would be more upset then you are right now! You have been through it lately!

I wouldn't worry TOO much about the appeal by your former employer, most employers do appeal, the only real pain about that is that it takes longer for you to get compensation.
I have found that the unemployment offices mostly stand by the employees and grant the compensation. The main thing YOU need to do is document EVERYTHING and explain exactly what happened. Hang in there, I think you will be ok, it's rare that they will side w/ the employer, unless they can prove you were let go justly. And they REALLY have to prove it to win the appeal.

Kacey~

Your focus is right where it needs to be! Prayers that God will prevail in your situation and that He will strengthen you and DH through this crazy time!

Love,
Kelly

PS- How was your vaca? Did DH make it home alive....did you let him survive the rest of the nights!??

chefsteph07 said:
I wouldn't worry TOO much about the appeal by your former employer, most employers do appeal, the only real pain about that is that it takes longer for you to get compensation.
I have found that the unemployment offices mostly stand by the employees and grant the compensation. The main thing YOU need to do is document EVERYTHING and explain exactly what happened. Hang in there, I think you will be ok, it's rare that they will side w/ the employer, unless they can prove you were let go justly. And they REALLY have to prove it to win the appeal.

I've been getting my unemployment payments because my employer failed to respond to two inquiries that were sent to them. My guess is they noticed their taxes going up, called unemployment, found out why, and they are appealling it. I think that the fact that they are appealling this at all says they think they can win. But like I said. I called an employment attorney. According to the person I spoke with at unemployment it isn't legal to fire someone while they are on a leave of absense- so my former employer can either pay for an attorney and deal with all that entails, or just pay out the unemployment. I'm tired of getting crapped on and always being the good guy. I'm sticking up for myself this time, and I will not let these lying, unethical, cold hearted people get away with this.

KellyTheChef said:
Kacey~

Your focus is right where it needs to be! Prayers that God will prevail in your situation and that He will strengthen you and DH through this crazy time!

Love,
Kelly

PS- How was your vaca? Did DH make it home alive....did you let him survive the rest of the nights!??

I did let him survive, but he did let me semi-smother him to get my frustrations out! :) The vacation was nice, it's hard to totally enjoy yourself when you know you really don't have the money for what you are doing, but I tried my best! :)

Thanks for the prayers. I do appreciate them. I'm so ticked off right now, and that's not the place I wanted to be at when I got home, ya know?

chefmeg said:
Diva, darling, you and your family are always in my prayers! How was the trip home?

The trip home went well. No bad weather, detours around most of the toll roads, so we saved a few bucks, and we did it over three days vs 2 days. Even though the first day we only went 3.5 into the trip- it was still nice to cut today short.

Thanks for asking.

Talk to your attorney Kacey...in my state FMLA only applies after you've been employed for a year, but you have special circumstances based on what they said.Anyway, it is standard procedure for most employers to appeal unemployment - why would they want to pay you for not working there?Take it all in stride...keep praying...and remember the best verse in the Bible......and it came to pass... ;)

janetupnorth said:
Talk to your attorney Kacey...in my state FMLA only applies after you've been employed for a year, but you have special circumstances based on what they said.

Anyway, it is standard procedure for most employers to appeal unemployment - why would they want to pay you for not working there?

Take it all in stride...keep praying...and remember the best verse in the Bible...

...and it came to pass... ;)

Actually the last time I had to file for unemployment, the company did not appeal it- so I guess I'm just surprised that they are- especially since they know they were wrong in terminating me, and in how they did it.

I guess I need to take a big girl pill and realize that not everyone tries to walk in excellence like I do. I'm not saying that to be a snob nor am I being flippant. :)

Thanks for the encouragement Janet- you are a real blessing to me!

You are continually in my prayers "This too shall pass".

....there really is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow! I promise!

vwpamperedchef said:
You are continually in my prayers "This too shall pass".

....there really is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow! I promise!

Whoo-hoo! I'm glad it's gold...have you seen the price of gold? It's incredible! LOL

Kitchen Diva said:
Whoo-hoo! I'm glad it's gold...have you seen the price of gold? It's incredible! LOL
Yeah...it's almost as much as a gallon of gas! lol

KellyTheChef said:
Yeah...it's almost as much as a gallon of gas! lol

I could not believe how expensive gas was in Indiana and Illinois! Amazing...

I'll let you guys know how the talk with the employment attorney goes after I hear from her. I'm off to bed. Sleep well everyone!

payments on hold againLooks like until they make a decision again, my unemployment payments will be on hold! Grrrr I NEED those payments! UGH!!!

Kitchen Diva said:
Looks like until they make a decision again, my unemployment payments will be on hold! Grrrr I NEED those payments! UGH!!!

Kacey - all I can say is go read the thread I posted in prayer requests today...may it provide some comfort to you today. It is one of those days all around!!!!

1. How can I find funny content for "Anyone Need a Good Laugh?"

To find funny content for "Anyone Need a Good Laugh?", you can try searching for funny jokes, memes, or videos online. You can also ask friends and family for recommendations or follow social media accounts that specialize in humorous content.

2. Can I share my own funny stories on "Anyone Need a Good Laugh?"

Yes, you can definitely share your own funny stories on "Anyone Need a Good Laugh?" The group is a great place to showcase your sense of humor and connect with others who enjoy a good laugh.

3. Are there any rules about the type of content allowed on "Anyone Need a Good Laugh?"

As a Pampered Chef group, we ask that all content shared on "Anyone Need a Good Laugh?" is appropriate and follows the company's values of inclusivity and positivity. Any offensive or inappropriate content will be removed by the group administrators.

4. How often are new posts shared in "Anyone Need a Good Laugh?"

New posts are shared in "Anyone Need a Good Laugh?" regularly, but the frequency may vary depending on the activity of group members. We encourage all members to share funny content whenever they come across something that makes them laugh.

5. Can I invite my friends to join "Anyone Need a Good Laugh?"

Yes, you can invite your friends to join "Anyone Need a Good Laugh?" by sharing the group link with them or sending them an invitation through Facebook. We welcome new members who share our love for humor and positivity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
dianevill
  • jj16
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies