• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayer Request for Unemployment Appeal Hearing | Support and Strength in Christ

In summary, Katie is nervous about her hearing tomorrow and asks for prayers. Janet offers to pray for her.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
Hi, I was wondering if when you guys say your nightly or morning prayers if you would be willing to pray for me tomorrow at about 1:00 pm (Central time). (6-25-08)

I have my unemployment appeal hearing. My former company is appealing the states decision to pay me unemployment. My former employer fired me while on an emergency leave of absence that they told me I could take so I could deal with a family emergency.

The short of it is that my former employer wants to be reimbursed everything that has been paid to me in unemployment- which as of last week was about $2800.00. I just started a new, full time job last Monday and I love it.

I believe that the judge will rule in my favor, because even if they say they didn't fire me, when they sent me an email saying they didn't have any hours for me (went from 40 hours per week to zero)- well that's a good reason to quit and in MN you can quit a job for good reason and still get unemployment. I even have the emails from my former company to prove it.

Anyway- whether they say I quit or I say I was fired is moot at this point. I would like favor with the unemployment judge and prayers that he would see the evidence I submitted that proves I was fired, and that he will rule in my favor, and that there will be no tension, anger or hatred or lies coming from
the other end of the phone, where my former employer will be...

I'm nervous, just because I've never gone through anything like this, but I know that we are more than conquerers in Christ Jesus... and I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me...

I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the prayers! :)

Last edited:
Of course I'll pray for you... but you confused me (yes, easy to do, I know) with the "pray for me today at about 1:00 pm"... You didn't have the hearing today, did you? Is it tomorrow (Wednesday the 25th) at 1p?

Justice would be the judge not only honoring the earlier decision, but penalizing your previous employer for wasting the court's time. :grumpy:

Yep - that would be justice! Nice one, leggy!

heck yes I will be praying for you!! Interesting you can get unemployment for quitting a job ( for good reason). Sounds like you have all your ducks in a row and if they don't rule in your favor, I can head on out to Cottage Grove with my can of whoop a$$ :):)
You will be in my thoughts and let me know how it turns out :)

get those kids "lulled" to sleep Katie??

katie0128 said:
Of course I'll pray for you... but you confused me (yes, easy to do, I know) with the "pray for me today at about 1:00 pm"... You didn't have the hearing today, did you? Is it tomorrow (Wednesday the 25th) at 1p?

I fixed it. It is tomorrow, not today... I'm little yellow school bus special today!

children_riding_schoo_a_mw-1.gif

legacypc46 said:
Justice would be the judge not only honoring the earlier decision, but penalizing your previous employer for wasting the court's time. :grumpy:

I agree, it was bad enough that I turned a job down while on my leave of absense because I thought I was going to have one to go back to- but to have them lie- and go after me for the money already paid to me is just low...

I'll try to remember you at 1 p.m. Kacey - if not, know I WILL remember you earlier in the day!!!!

Kitchen Diva said:
I fixed it. It is tomorrow, not today... I'm little yellow school bus special today!

Thanks. Since my 5 has emerged tonight, that was driving her nuts!

Thanks, Mere- you might wanna wear hoochie momma boots, cause yer so small and tiny! :) I truly do believe they will rule in my favor. I have done nothing wrong, and they replaced me with someone else...plain and simple. If they have to lie to say otherwise, well then, please pray that I'll have wisdom to know what to say so that the judge will see right through their lies and deceit!

thanks!

Will Definitely Remember To Pray For You! Good Luck And Please Keep Us Posted!

Kacey,
I still can't get those pictures ( photobucket) to work, I am on the short bus too, just can't get it too work.
Katie, I may need your help after all, but I am too tired tonight to think about it.

katie0128 said:
Thanks. Since my 5 has emerged tonight, that was driving her nuts!

You are flippin' hoot tonight!
flwhitey_e0.gif

janetupnorth said:
I'll try to remember you at 1 p.m. Kacey - if not, know I WILL remember you earlier in the day!!!!

Thanks, Janet- I need wisdom, and peace from the Holy Spirit, too!

merego said:
Kacey,
I still can't get those pictures ( photobucket) to work, I am on the short bus too, just can't get it too work.
Katie, I may need your help after all, but I am too tired tonight to think about it.

See if Katie can help, if not... I'll call you tomorrow night. PM me your phone number. :)

Kitchen Diva said:
Thanks, Mere- you might wanna wear hoochie momma boots, cause yer so small and tiny! :) I truly do believe they will rule in my favor. I have done nothing wrong, and they replaced me with someone else...plain and simple. If they have to lie to say otherwise, well then, please pray that I'll have wisdom to know what to say so that the judge will see right through their lies and deceit!

thanks!
How did you know I owned hoochie momma boots?? I own several pair as a matter of fact. Hoochie momma #9 to save the day!!!
How can they not see through what your previous employer did to you, they are so in the wrong.

smspamperedchef said:
Will Definitely Remember To Pray For You! Good Luck And Please Keep Us Posted!

Thanks, Sharon!

I don't know why I'm so nervous about this... I guess it's because I feel like I'm in trouble and my integrity and honesty are being questioned...and well that's slightly insulting and spooky for a squeaky clean gal such as myself. :)

Maybe prayers for a calm stomach, too!

merego said:
Kacey,

We'll work on it during the two days I'm going to spend at your house working off my migraine hangover!

merego said:
How did you know I owned hoochie momma boots?? I own several pair as a matter of fact. Hoochie momma #9 to save the day!!!
How can they not see through what your previous employer did to you, they are so in the wrong.

I think legally they have to hold the appeal hearing- just to be sure. But the only thing that they can come up with to prove they are right would be fabricated and untrue...so maybe that's why I'm nervous... because I don't know how Satan is going to use them to go after me....

Thankfully no weapon or word formed against me will prosper! :)

Kacey - I get nervous with things like that too...I had my integrity questioned once at work by a co-worker...completely fabricated lies, not a chance of even proving a thing, not a leg to stand on but it had me so worked up I almost puked! I was shaking for almost a whole day. You can question my quality of work, my decisions, etc., but when you question my integrity, something that I personally value above almost all other things...well, I REALLY get in a tizzy so I know what you mean!

janetupnorth said:
Kacey -

I get nervous with things like that too...I had my integrity questioned once at work by a co-worker...completely fabricated lies, not a chance of even proving a thing, not a leg to stand on but it had me so worked up I almost puked! I was shaking for almost a whole day. You can question my quality of work, my decisions, etc., but when you question my integrity, something that I personally value above almost all other things...well, I REALLY get in a tizzy so I know what you mean!

Thanks, Janet- I feel a little better. I was starting to get upset with myself for being nervous and getting butterflies in my stomach...

And because I know of what these ladies are capable of fabricating that only adds to the anxiety. But the bible says to be anxious for nothing, so I'm gonna do my best and let God help me with the rest.

I agree- question my driving..wait, don't- I'm an awesome driver (seriously) question my cooking... no ya can't question that... Oh, question my---shoot you just better not question me people! LOL

Teasing aside, I don't like my integrity questioned either, and you can't mention born again believe to the judge or he might just think I'm using that...

Yup, I just need prayers for peace, calm, wisdom, words from the Holy Spirit, guidance and FAVOR!

Thanks guys! I'm off to bed

Yes - go to bed and pray yourself to sleep.

Kitchen Diva said:
Thanks, Janet- I feel a little better. I was starting to get upset with myself for being nervous and getting butterflies in my stomach...

And because I know of what these ladies are capable of fabricating that only adds to the anxiety. But the bible says to be anxious for nothing, so I'm gonna do my best and let God help me with the rest.

I agree- question my driving..wait, don't- I'm an awesome driver (seriously) question my cooking... no ya can't question that... Oh, question my---shoot you just better not question me people! LOL

Teasing aside, I don't like my integrity questioned either, and you can't mention born again believe to the judge or he might just think I'm using that...

Yup, I just need prayers for peace, calm, wisdom, words from the Holy Spirit, guidance and FAVOR!

Thanks guys! I'm off to bed

...and let me add a good night's rest!

Now stop worrying, it is in God's hands and get a full, restful, quiet night of sleep!

katie0128 said:
Yes - go to bed and pray yourself to sleep.

janetupnorth said:
...and let me add a good night's rest!

Now stop worrying, it is in God's hands and get a full, restful, quiet night of sleep!

Thanks, guys. I'm off to bed... :)

You are still here... your light is green.

Off to bed with you... shoo, shoo...

katie0128 said:
You are still here... your light is green.

Off to bed with you... shoo, shoo...

I was thinking the SAME thing and about to shoo her too!

KACEY - TURN OFF THE PC!!!! WE'LL ALL BE HERE TOMORROW!

I forgot to take my progesterone after supper and my zyrtec so I'm wide awake... :(

oops...

I need to get that stealth option ;)

Kitchen Diva said:
I forgot to take my progesterone after supper and my zyrtec so I'm wide awake... :(

oops...

I need to get that stealth option ;)

Should I start a really boring conversation?

Hmm...let's talk about the current flow through a motor...or maybe 50 ways to thread a needle. How to teach underwater basketweaving for the non-swimmer? An analysis of the chemical composition of salt water in various oceans?

I could start talking e-recycling and have your head's exploding in 12 seconds! :) LOL

janetupnorth said:
Should I start a really boring conversation?

Hmm...let's talk about the current flow through a motor...or maybe 50 ways to thread a needle. How to teach underwater basketweaving for the non-swimmer? An analysis of the chemical composition of salt water in various oceans?

I've always wondered about the chemical composition of salt water in various oceans, and the best way to cool off a warm puppy... it got too hot too fast today and it's still 82 in the house and my puppies are warm.

If you are asleep, your puppies won't know whether they are hot or not!

But I'll still know! I told you... not sleepy! I didn't take my medicine in time so I'm all off kilter...

:sing:Lullaby and good night. Go to sleep little, Kacey. Close your eyes and rest. May your slumber be blessed!:sing:

(I won't threaten to sign for you because I sing very well, thank you. I sing this song to my DD every night.)

katie0128 said:
:sing:Lullaby and good night. Go to sleep little, Kacey. Close your eyes and rest. May your slumber be blessed!:sing:

(I won't threaten to sign for you because I sing very well, thank you. I sing this song to my DD every night.)

I know limited sign language! :) But yes, your voice is very melodic- I'm feeling slightly drugged and sleepy all of the sudden...

NOT! :) But I will go to bed so you guys can stop stressing and also so you won't have to hear me say how tired I am tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the prayers for tomorrow...

Kitchen Diva said:
I've always wondered about the chemical composition of salt water in various oceans, and the best way to cool off a warm puppy... it got too hot too fast today and it's still 82 in the house and my puppies are warm.

It's quite interesting actually...I heard a lecture on it by Dr. Tim Hovanec 3 years ago at our 1st Annual Coral Conference (no I don't have fish and coral as a hobby, I had to do sound and media for the banquet). Anyway, it was quite a fascinating lecture and I was one of the only ones there thoroughly attentive.

On cooling a dog...fresh, cold water to drink is best...ice to cool it down if your dogs don't take and eat it. Giving them ice is bad because it can break teeth.

Get a bandana, get it wet and tie it around their neck. The actual cooling ones with polymer crystals are best.

Good luck! ...as long as they are panting, their bodies are doing their jobs.

janetupnorth said:
It's quite interesting actually...I heard a lecture on it by Dr. Tim Hovanec 3 years ago at our 1st Annual Coral Conference (no I don't have fish and coral as a hobby, I had to do sound and media for the banquet). Anyway, it was quite a fascinating lecture and I was one of the only ones there thoroughly attentive.

On cooling a dog...fresh, cold water to drink is best...ice to cool it down if your dogs don't take and eat it. Giving them ice is bad because it can break teeth.

Get a bandana, get it wet and tie it around their neck. The actual cooling ones with polymer crystals are best.

Good luck! ...as long as they are panting, their bodies are doing their jobs.

I took a cold damp washcloth and wiped down their faces and necks... they are panting, the fans are blowing and the attic fan is on. I just feel bad for them- they are awfully furry.

Okay, I really gotta try to go to bed. Night!

Will definitely say prayers for you, Kacey! :) Try not to worry...the judge will see through their BS & all will be good.

I of course will be thinking of you Kacey and sending good vibes and doing a little prayer and dance around my office:)

I'll be in prayer. The temp job I'm on doesn't actually keep me busy. I basically spend the day reading. (Finished off three novels and two magazines in the past two days.) I answer the phone maybe a dozen times and have one or two deliveries to accept. However, I have not been given permission to use the computer for personal stuff. (I never ask, but will accept the option if it's given. :)) I will set an alarm and be praying especially for you as you're in the hearing.

Thanks Kathi, Rennea and Rae! :)

Rae- I answered our phones 13 times in less than 10 minutes yesterday... I'll trade ya! :)

I'll keep you all informed after supper tonight.

Off to iron and get to work early!

:)

I'm praying for you too. I can totally relate to how it makes one feel when their integrity is questioned.

You will do fine, Kasey! I am quite sure of that!!

Beth

Good luck Kacey.. I will be thinking of you.

Got permission to use the computer "a bit" for personal stuff. Be sure to let us know how things go.

Okay I am sneaking in to tell you I think it went fine. My hands were shaking so bad I couldn't take notes and my heart was pounding the entire time! It took a little over an hour and I'll fill you in when I get home. It will take 2-3 weeks before I know the verdict which will come by mail- but I believe it will go my way.

See you guys around 7:30 or so... Thanks for your prayers guys, I could tell you prayed because I was calm and not overly talkative and for the most part pretty at peace! Love ya all and talk to you tonight!

The judge was VERY nice and patient, too! :)

Yippee! We know that right was on your side. I will continue to keep the judge's decision in prayer. Give him wisdom and discernment, Lord.

I just read this thread and was like "oh man, I never got to say a prayer!" So hoping it went all well - 2 - 3 weeks?? So now I will hope for the best Kacey -

I just read this thred also. Hope that everything went well for you.:)

Glad it went well today Kacey. Keep us posted.

Thanks, guys! I will certainly keep you posted and fill you in on all the juicy details when I get home tonight...

Glad it is over for you - I'll check back later when I get home to see the details...off to DD's piano lessons! :)

<h2>1. What is the purpose of the prayer request for unemployment appeal hearing?</h2><p>The purpose of the prayer request is to ask for support and strength in Christ during the unemployment appeal hearing.</p><h2>2. When is the unemployment appeal hearing taking place?</h2><p>The unemployment appeal hearing is scheduled for 1:00 pm (Central time) on June 25th, 2008.</p><h2>3. Why is the former employer appealing the state's decision to pay unemployment?</h2><p>The former employer is appealing the state's decision because they want to be reimbursed for the unemployment benefits that have been paid to the individual.</p><h2>4. What evidence does the individual have to support their case?</h2><p>The individual has emails from their former employer stating that they did not have any hours for them, which can be considered a good reason to quit and still receive unemployment benefits in the state of Minnesota.</p><h2>5. How can others support the individual during this process?</h2><p>Others can support the individual by praying for favor with the unemployment judge, that the evidence will be seen and understood, and that there will be no tension, anger, or lies from the former employer during the hearing.</p>

1. What is the purpose of the prayer request for unemployment appeal hearing?

The purpose of the prayer request is to ask for support and strength in Christ during the unemployment appeal hearing.

2. When is the unemployment appeal hearing taking place?

The unemployment appeal hearing is scheduled for 1:00 pm (Central time) on June 25th, 2008.

3. Why is the former employer appealing the state's decision to pay unemployment?

The former employer is appealing the state's decision because they want to be reimbursed for the unemployment benefits that have been paid to the individual.

4. What evidence does the individual have to support their case?

The individual has emails from their former employer stating that they did not have any hours for them, which can be considered a good reason to quit and still receive unemployment benefits in the state of Minnesota.

5. How can others support the individual during this process?

Others can support the individual by praying for favor with the unemployment judge, that the evidence will be seen and understood, and that there will be no tension, anger, or lies from the former employer during the hearing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered.chris
  • Kitchen Diva