• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayer Request for Unemployment Appeal Hearing | Support and Strength in Christ

In summary, Katie is nervous about her hearing tomorrow and asks for prayers. Janet offers to pray for her.
Okay, Here's a summed up version of the telephone hearing... LOl who am I kidding, I'm incapable of summing up! :)

Without having to type a small novel, as the hearing lasted a little over one hour, I basically sent in 14 exhibits that outlined what had happened and included severeal emails that both myself and former employer wrote, as well as the final email they sent me saying they didn't have any hours because they are being shared with the bosses sister and the night girl.

The judge tried in vain to understand why they were now saying I actually was wanted back, and they had about 10-20 hours per week, and it would have been weekends and to cover shifts as needed, but they didn't tell me any of that... He also kept going back to where they wrote "We don't have any hours for you as they are shared by A and L"...

They even said she was going to be working Sunday's so we could give her hours and once August rolled around, she'd have her main job back. But we weren't even open on Sunday's and they never said that Ann was gonna only take my place on a temp basis. They only started calling her a temp once the judge said- why didn't you just hire a temp if you wanted her back, instead of scaling back her hours so severely? They had an answer, but to me it wasn't sufficient enough.

They only lied twice and for whatever reason I didn't call them on it or defend myself. I prayed for the Holy Spirit to guard my mouth and help me speak, so I believe I was not supposed to say anything.

I was able to let the judge know that I was replaced by my boss's sister, and that boss (Ally) said in her closing statement that she felt that was a low blow and had no bearing on why she was brought in.

I didn't go on and on like I normally do- I didn't repeat myself tons of times like I normally do, and I didn't have a lot to say. I stuck to the emails, read them word for word (where during their time to speak they would rephrase the emails, or leave out lines altogether) and just reiterated that I offered to QUIT to begin with due to the family emergency that prompted them to give me two weeks off to deal with in the first place... they kept saying what a busy office it was and how I was adding to the turmoil by not being there.

I did mention to the judge that there were no absenses- (because they startet off saying I was gone all the time, etc... and he pointed out in an email where they said there were no perfomance issues, etc so they couldn't say that because it wasn't the issue at hand!) only 2 days where they knew in advanced that I had PC shows scheduled and wanted the day off to prep for them- etc. (doing shows is very physically demanding on my body and so was my day job, so I just said I'd need the day off) and the unfortunate times that I needed to go to the doctor because I was having pregnancy symptoms (SEVERE exhaustion, nauseau, headaches, heartburn, crazy emotions) I always asked if I could go to the Dr. before I made the appointment and made it as late in the day as I could. So I was able to say that I was never absent and they knew in advance of the times I'd need to be away.

(btw-when I was finally able to go and see my hormone doctor, he didn't doubt that I was probably pregnant, but the stress from this job, and a psycho boss and my hormonal imbalance made it a non-viable pregnancy)

When I was asked if I wanted to give a closing statement, I told the judge to forgive me, but I wasn't sure what that entailed and he was so nice and told me what I could say, or what people normally do in this instance... and I only chose to say that I felt the exhibits that I sent in more than speak for themselves and that I offered to quit, I was told they wanted me to come back, and I felt that what I had already stated during the main portion of the hearing was all that needed to be said.

They got a little snarky during their close and I think it is because they could tell based on the questions and the things he said to them, when they tried to throw the blame on me or put a responsibility on me that should have been there's, that they were not going to win this.

He also started out the hearing by saying that based on the evidence (all my emails!:)) Which I NEVER save by the way... that it looked like I was in fact terminated.

I have to wait for him to make his ruling and he asked for time to make sure he interprets the law correctly and he'll mail the ruling in 2-3 weeks.

Guys, his name is Judge Huber- he was so nice, patient, had a kind voice and wasn't rushed, rude, snippy, and he genuinely portrayed that he wanted to understand what had happened and wanted clear answers. He wasn't uppity or anything.

Please pray for me to have favor with him, and for God to grant him wisdom during this time, and to stand with the original decision of the state which was to grant me unemployment.

Thanks for summing it up Kacey! Sounds like you had a great judge, I hope it works in your favor.

I tried to keep it short, but I failed! At least I did better during the hearing!

Yes, I was pleased at how nice the judge was. Some court officials are just downright cranky and he was pleasant. I appreciated that, and it helped to calm me.

I updated this for you night owls. :) Thank you so much for your prayers and continued prayers while the judge makes his ruling. :)

Kitchen Diva said:
I've always wondered about the chemical composition of salt water in various oceans, and the best way to cool off a warm puppy... it got too hot too fast today and it's still 82 in the house and my puppies are warm.

First, Kacey, I wanted to say thanks for keeping us updated. I'll continue to keep you in my prayers. I KNOW this will work in your favor!

Second, this is kind of weird (and is the reason why I haven't been on much lately). While ya'll were off talking about falling asleep thinking about the composition of salt water last night, I was doing it. This is what I am doing at my new job - supporting the instrumentation that measures the chemical composition of various matrices. I was measuring the amount of ammonia in the waters of the Atlantic near UCONN :indif::indif::indif:.

dianevill said:
First, Kacey, I wanted to say thanks for keeping us updated. I'll continue to keep you in my prayers. I KNOW this will work in your favor!

Second, this is kind of weird (and is the reason why I haven't been on much lately). While ya'll were off talking about falling asleep thinking about the composition of salt water last night, I was doing it. This is what I am doing at my new job - supporting the instrumentation that measures the chemical composition of various matrices. I was measuring the amount of ammonia in the waters of the Atlantic near UCONN :indif::indif::indif:.

Aww man, your job is COOL!:cool:

Until the thing breaks down. Then, not so cool.

I'm sorry, I meant to ask you about this, but got consumed with my stupid mistake :(
It sounds like it went well and I am really sending good thoughts your way that it all goes in your favor and it sounds like it will. Kepp us posted 2-3 weeks seems like forevr, but it will be here before you know it :)

dianevill said:

ROFLOL! Now you understand why I was actually interested in your new job. He-he. Only I could pick a random somewhat boring topic to talk about and run into someone doing it!

I hope your new job is going well Diane!

Thanks, Janet. It is going well, but there's so much to learn! I had issues when I got off the plane last night (car was DEAD, got it jumped, got stuck behind an accident on the highway, and almost hit a deer) and didn't get home until almost 3 am (which was like 4 am seeing that I've been on the east coast all week). I'm beat!

<h2>1. What is the purpose of the prayer request for unemployment appeal hearing?</h2><p>The purpose of the prayer request is to ask for support and strength in Christ during the unemployment appeal hearing.</p><h2>2. When is the unemployment appeal hearing taking place?</h2><p>The unemployment appeal hearing is scheduled for 1:00 pm (Central time) on June 25th, 2008.</p><h2>3. Why is the former employer appealing the state's decision to pay unemployment?</h2><p>The former employer is appealing the state's decision because they want to be reimbursed for the unemployment benefits that have been paid to the individual.</p><h2>4. What evidence does the individual have to support their case?</h2><p>The individual has emails from their former employer stating that they did not have any hours for them, which can be considered a good reason to quit and still receive unemployment benefits in the state of Minnesota.</p><h2>5. How can others support the individual during this process?</h2><p>Others can support the individual by praying for favor with the unemployment judge, that the evidence will be seen and understood, and that there will be no tension, anger, or lies from the former employer during the hearing.</p>

1. What is the purpose of the prayer request for unemployment appeal hearing?

The purpose of the prayer request is to ask for support and strength in Christ during the unemployment appeal hearing.

2. When is the unemployment appeal hearing taking place?

The unemployment appeal hearing is scheduled for 1:00 pm (Central time) on June 25th, 2008.

3. Why is the former employer appealing the state's decision to pay unemployment?

The former employer is appealing the state's decision because they want to be reimbursed for the unemployment benefits that have been paid to the individual.

4. What evidence does the individual have to support their case?

The individual has emails from their former employer stating that they did not have any hours for them, which can be considered a good reason to quit and still receive unemployment benefits in the state of Minnesota.

5. How can others support the individual during this process?

Others can support the individual by praying for favor with the unemployment judge, that the evidence will be seen and understood, and that there will be no tension, anger, or lies from the former employer during the hearing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered.chris
  • Kitchen Diva