• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Funny Story but Real Question About Insurance Claim

In summary, the refrigerator fell out, exploded, and went all over the place. The host needs to file an insurance claim to have the carpet cleaned.
Amanda Woods
Ok, so I opened the fridge at my host's home tonight to replace the eggs. When I did, she had put the 2-liter in a really precarious position. It fell out, EXPLODED and went all over EVERYTHING. It was AWFUL.

I just need to know how to do an insurance claim now to have her carpet, etc. cleaned.

How does that work? Am I fired??

my brother and SIL bought a house with carpet in the kitchen, it took them a few years to get rid of it. Same with my neighbors. I think (note sarcasam) the "incredibly perceptive and smart" people who put carpet in a kitchen are related to the people who put carpet in a bathroom. I got stuck with bathroom carpeting which can be worse. It took a leaking toilet for us to get rid of the carpet in our bathroom. I was at work when it was pulled out, I'm told it was nasty...

Some people don't think about the consequences of their actions. (I'm referring to the carpeting issue instead of the soda issue, she probably was expecting to be the person to go into the fridge next and she knew about the precarious position of the bottle.)

PC will do such a tremendous job cleaning the carpet it will once again be a "I can't believe what a fabulous company PC is!" You just may be able to recruit your host after her experience with this mess!

As for carpet in the kitchen, I had a friend who custom built a VERY large house with carpet in the kitchen! She loved it! And, she had 4 little kids! I don't get it.

My in-laws have carpet in their kitchen & bathroom. Yes, I always thought it was weird. That is the first and only time I have ever seen carpet in those areas.

my MIL has carpet in her kitchen as well as the downstairs half-bath/laundry combo area. I can't remember if the upstairs bath has it or not. She loves it! And she is very prone to dropping things!!

I'm trying my best to get rid of the carpet anywhere in our house. Some of my Finnish friends are amazed that there is carpet in houses at all, as it can be such an allergy issue.

My grandma always had carpet in her kitchen. She loved it.

My mom has them and has for a LONG time and loves them...and has no issues. As long as you aren't dropping wet stuff all the time and you don't have leaks, it's not a big deal.
Where she works, she has throw carpets, so any spills would be caught by those anyway.It's just easier for her to vacuum, vs dry-dust/mop. I think it goes back to when she was a kid- she had the chore of mopping the kitchen every day. She hated it, and it stuck with her. ;)

What is an insurance claim?

An insurance claim is a formal request made to an insurance company for compensation or reimbursement for a covered loss or damage. This can include property damage, medical expenses, or other financial losses.

What types of insurance typically involve claims?

Most types of insurance involve claims, including health insurance, auto insurance, home insurance, and life insurance. These policies provide coverage for unexpected events and losses, and filing a claim allows the policyholder to receive financial assistance.

How do I file an insurance claim?

To file an insurance claim, you typically need to contact your insurance company and provide information about the incident or damage that occurred. This may include filling out a claims form, providing documentation such as photos or police reports, and working with an adjuster to assess the damage and determine the appropriate compensation.

What should I do if my insurance claim is denied?

If your insurance claim is denied, it is important to carefully review the reason for the denial and gather any additional information or evidence that may support your claim. You may also want to consider appealing the decision or seeking legal advice to ensure that you receive the coverage you are entitled to.

Are there any common mistakes to avoid when filing an insurance claim?

Some common mistakes to avoid when filing an insurance claim include waiting too long to file, not providing enough documentation or evidence, and not fully understanding your policy coverage. It is important to carefully review your policy and follow the necessary steps to ensure a successful claim.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rbvernon
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Shonda1107
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • pkd09