• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Skycoaster Adventure with My Daughter at Darien Lake!

In summary, the conversation involved a family going to Darien Lake for the weekend and the narrator and her 13-year-old daughter tried the Skycoaster ride together. The narrator initially hesitated to try it but eventually convinced her daughter to join her. The men in the family refused to go on the ride, but the narrator and her daughter had a great time and even got pictures taken. The cost of the ride was $40 for one person, $50 for two, and $60 for three. Other rides at the park were also mentioned, such as the Slingshot, which the narrator was too afraid to try. The conversation also briefly touched on clothes shopping and the narrator's daughter trying the Skycoaster at another theme
kcjodih
Gold Member
My family went to Darien Lake for the weekend and oh what a ride my 13 yo DD and I had! All of a sudden out of the blue I said to her 'let's try that one' and which point she, DS and DH all said UH UH! This coming from me the gal that won't do spinning rides and only rides selective roller coasters.

I asked her twice, she said no way, and then 1/2 hour later said let's do it! However there was NO way were convincing the guys to go with us. They even offered a second ride the same day at 1/2 price but they wouldn't go for it.

So we did it......THE SKYCOASTER! 170 feet up in the air, strapped in, arms hooked together, up we went on a cable....1....2....3....PULL I hollered (warning my DD) and WOOHOO!!! down we flew heading towards the lake!

How awesome it was!!

I've always kinda thought about it but it's always extra money at the amusement parks and at the ones around here it's about $75 for one, $100 for two. It was $40 for one, $25 each for two = $ 50 and then $20 each for three = $60. Well worth the $50 - what memories my DD and I have....and we get to call the big tough guys chicken :D WOOHOO!!

Good for you!!!! Your right, what a memory she and you will have to treasure!
Hope someone got a picture?

cwinter474 said:
Good for you!!!! Your right, what a memory she and you will have to treasure!
Hope someone got a picture?

Sure did! DH kept telling DS we were going to back out that he took pics of us getting in our 'gear', waiting in line with it on, on the platform waiting to get strapped in, floating upwards, and then us wayyyy up there. And of course screaming our heads off as we flew down and back and forth. I'll post some when we unpack tomorrow.

kcjodih said:
sure Did! Dh Kept Telling Ds We Were Going To Back Out That He Took Pics Of Us Getting In Our 'gear', Waiting In Line With It On, On The Platform Waiting To Get Strapped In, Floating Upwards, And Then Us Wayyyy Up There. And Of Course Screaming Our Heads Off As We Flew Down And Back And Forth. I'll Post Some When We Unpack Tomorrow.

Fantastic!!!!

Jodi, that is awesome! You will always be able to "share" that with her!

BTW- how did clothes shopping go? Find any really good deals?

I did the skycoaster there before!! It was so freaky, but I am afraid of heights. I also did the slingshot!! On the slingshot we could see Buffalo from the air. They were really great fun!!
Glad you guys had a good time!!

We have one of those here at Six Flags an Great America...we do it everytime we go.sometimes more than once...the first time we bought the video. MY DD and I LOVE that thing!

Ours cost $30 for one, $20 (ea) for 2 = $40 and $15 (ea) for 3 = $45

my daughter did it last summer with her best friend when they went to New Braunfels Texas for the weekend they still talk about it and I refuse to watch the video

pampered.chris said:
I did the skycoaster there before!! It was so freaky, but I am afraid of heights. I also did the slingshot!! On the slingshot we could see Buffalo from the air. They were really great fun!!
Glad you guys had a good time!!

Woohoo for you! Not a HOPE IN H**L I'd do the Slingshot (for those who don't know it's a metal ball that you get into and not only are you being flung through the air, you're spinning, and spinning, and spinning, and spinning well you get the idea!) NOT happening or I'd be very, very ill!! :yuck:

Kitchen2u said:
We have one of those here at Six Flags an Great America...we do it everytime we go.sometimes more than once...the first time we bought the video. MY DD and I LOVE that thing!

Ours cost $30 for one, $20 (ea) for 2 = $40 and $15 (ea) for 3 = $45

I wanted the video too but it wasn't working! Maybe I'll have to do it again? :D

Related to My Skycoaster Adventure with My Daughter at Darien Lake!

What is the Skycoaster at Darien Lake?

The Skycoaster is an extreme amusement park ride at Darien Lake that combines the thrills of skydiving and hang gliding. Riders are hoisted up to 180 feet in the air and then released to swing and soar through the air at speeds of up to 70 mph.

What is the minimum age/height requirement for the Skycoaster?

The minimum age requirement for the Skycoaster is 8 years old. Riders must also be at least 42 inches tall to participate. Additionally, riders under 14 years old must have a parent or guardian sign a waiver form.

How many people can ride on the Skycoaster at once?

The Skycoaster can accommodate up to 3 riders at a time. This makes it the perfect ride for a parent and child to experience together!

Do we need to make reservations for the Skycoaster?

No, reservations are not required for the Skycoaster. However, during peak season it is recommended to purchase tickets in advance to avoid long lines. You can purchase tickets online or at the park.

What should we wear/bring for our Skycoaster adventure?

For safety reasons, all riders must wear closed-toe shoes. We also recommend wearing comfortable clothing that won't restrict movement. You may want to bring a hair tie or hat to keep your hair out of your face during the ride. We also suggest leaving any loose items, such as phones or keys, in a secure locker before riding.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • pamperedalf
  • General Chat
Replies