• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Miraculous Escape: Driving Home from Hockey Game

In summary, my husband was driving home from 1.25 hours away and was only going 60 km/h when the speed limit was 80 km/h+. The speed limit was in 4 wheel drive, and all of a sudden, I was losing control. I fishtailed across the two lane highway, heading towards the oncoming traffic's ditch, swung around and started head directly into our ditch and then by the grace of God swung back again (think a backwards 's'). I corrected as the oncoming cars came around the bend. My husband said that was great you did awesome, and then my 10yo DS was laughing like crazy afterwards and grinned the rest of the ride home which ended up a 2 hour ride. My 13 DD
kcjodih
Gold Member
Tonight I was driving home from 1.25 hours away where my DS's hockey game was (hubby has to plow for the county and knows he'll be called out somewhere between 2 and 4 am and expects about a 12 hour day so I was giving him a break and besides it's my truck and I love driving :) ) and was only going 60 km (not sure in MPH) but the speed limit is 80km + and even in 4 wheel drive all of a sudden (and I DO mean ALL of a sudden!) I'm losing control!!!! I fishtailed across the two lane highway, heading towards the oncoming traffic's ditch, swung around and starting head directly into our ditch and then by the grace of God swung back again (think a backwards 's') into the oncoming lane and their ditch and finally got full control just in time to miss some oncoming cars a couple hundred feet away. JUST skimmed the ditch on the left, JUST missed the huge road sign on the right, swung back to the left and then finally corrected as the oncoming cars came around the bend.........all my hubby said in the passenger seat was get your foot off the break (at which point I hollered MY FOOT'S NOT ON ANYTHING!!!) and steer into it, steer into it!.....almost got it, holy s#$&!! and omg! you did it WOOHOO, WOOHOO!! and then turned to my DD and DS in the back seat and said 'anyone else wet themselves?' :yuck: ;) :eek: :) :rolleyes:

I of course am shaking like crazy and he turns to me and said that was great you did awesome!! Oh my, no thanks! No desire to repeat that anytime soon! My 10yo DS was laughing like crazy afterwards and grinned the rest of the ride home which ended up a 2 hour ride and my 13 DD just sat pale and quiet and waited nervously to finally pull in the driveway. Oh what a night! :eek:

Kinda satisfying, isn't it?Kinda fun too, huh?

Glad you're all okay!

Glad to know "Jesus took the wheel". :O) We're not used to that kinda icy weather down here but we might just get some tonight.

My heart would be racing for a long time (with a secret sense of pride that I pulled out of that one!)

Congrats on a job well done, and glad everyone's ok!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Kinda satisfying, isn't it?

Kinda fun too, huh?

satisfying definitely!!! Felt kinda proud even with the pounding heart the rest of the way home and the shakes! I would NOT give up that wheel, I was driving all the way home darn it!

And nope, no fun this time! I've enjoyed goofing around with the 4 wheel drive in excess snow many times - when there's no oncoming traffic or especially in empty mall parking lots but when I wasn't the one to initialize it and it felt beyond my control and of course with my kids in the car - this time it was soooo not fun!!!! Still feeling proud AND thanking God but man oh man, what a scare! DH got up a few minutes ago and walked by mumbling something about his little MariA Andretti tee hee!

glad it turned out okay....and it sounds like your DH is a definite keeper;)

Last edited:
Jodi, that fooling around in the parking lot might very well be the practice you needed to pull off that maneuver last night. BTW - have you seen Cars? If not, you need to see it now. Especially the Paul Newman line. ;)

tabnat80 said:
Glad to know "Jesus took the wheel". :O) We're not used to that kinda icy weather down here but we might just get some tonight.

Seriously!!!!
::::whew:::::
So glad you're all alright!

Whew, that was a close call! Glad all are ok.

What is the "Miraculous Escape: Driving Home from Hockey Game" recipe?

The "Miraculous Escape: Driving Home from Hockey Game" recipe is a quick and easy dinner option that combines ground beef, potatoes, and vegetables in a delicious and hearty casserole. It is perfect for busy weeknights or game day gatherings.

What ingredients do I need for this recipe?

To make the "Miraculous Escape: Driving Home from Hockey Game" recipe, you will need ground beef, potatoes, carrots, peas, corn, cream of mushroom soup, milk, and shredded cheese. You can also add other vegetables or spices to suit your taste.

Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the "Miraculous Escape: Driving Home from Hockey Game" recipe ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until ready to bake. You may need to adjust the cooking time if the casserole is cold when going into the oven.

Do I need any special equipment to make this recipe?

No, this recipe can be made using basic kitchen equipment such as a skillet, baking dish, and oven. However, a potato masher or ricer may make it easier to mash the cooked potatoes for the casserole topping.

What are some optional toppings or add-ins for this recipe?

You can customize the "Miraculous Escape: Driving Home from Hockey Game" recipe by adding your favorite toppings or mix-ins. Some popular options include bacon bits, diced onions, shredded cheddar cheese, or a sprinkle of paprika for added flavor and color.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies